Quartermaster's Provisions [F5]

For a Tailor's shop, Provisions is rather spartan and lacks the luster and appeal of more flashy, higher end tailors who cater to more exquisite tastes. Threads crafted by Arc are generally earthen tones and emphasize utility over aesthetic. As such, he generally works to craft armor and useful items that can aid players in battle, though he is not averse to other efforts. Special orders are generally the only time he does, though.

On the fifth floor, it has the feel of Istanbul's grand bazaar, with a few ornately stitched rugs lining the floor to allow it to look welcoming. The walls are crafted from clay, stone, and brick. It looks like something out of an ancient, middle eastern city.

Information:

Arc: Tailor level 1 [15/20]

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-4] = Fail (Lose materials)

[5-7] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[8-9] = Good item  
[10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

(2 Crafts per day)

Items for sale: None, yet.

Edited by Arc

Arc settled in for the evening in his shop, a long and sweaty day affording him the urge to relax. When he made it back, the merc decided that he would try his hand at crafting an item or two. He took a seat on one of the desks and brought out his needle and thread, then began working. After several minutes, he manage to craft a plain shirt. It wasn't a horrible item, but it was far from special. He was glad for the experience it yielded, of course. He just wished his materials could all go toward the best possible items.

In a perfect world, perhaps. "Ah well," he muttered as he cast the shirt aside on the desk next time him. "One more go, I think."

When he brought up the needle and material this time, his hand fumbled and he pierced the item straight through. The mercenary uttered an obscenity under his breath as he lost out on both an item and one of the precious materials he'd worked so hard for. "Win some, lose some," he shrugged. "One good item ought to boost my experience a bit. I'll just keep working til I'm ready to craft my own armor."

ID# 68412 CD: 9 - Good Item

ID# 68416 CD: 1 - Failure

The mercenary settled in for the day and took a seat at the desk, whereupon he grabbed two materials and set them out. For a moment, he considered the first and shaped the item that he wanted in his mind. A few days of work like this would afford him the skill to craft much better items, and one or two foul ups were to be expected. He couldn't think like that, though. Not if he wanted to get to be any good at it.

He threaded the needle and pressed it to the item, and like the previous day, he managed to destroy it entirely. Arc let out a frustrated laugh as the material exploded into streams of data, and he shook his head. "I get two attempts per day, you'd think my luck would know not to waste them." He tossed the ruined fragments aside and grabbed the other material. Arc held it to eye level, appraised it, and his lips stretched into a contemplative expression.

"I think... I know what I wanna do with this one." He took the needle and began to sew intensely. The gilded streams of light coalesced in his grip and changed the form of the item into something worthwhile. An item that he could even sell, if he wanted to. "I can use this," he said softly. It wasn't the best work that a Tailor could possibly do, but it was something.

ID# 68493 Craft: 2 - FAIL

ID# 68494

Craft: 10

- Uncommon

Arc creates "Rogue's Arm Wrappings"

+1 Savvy

These off-gray bandages are meant to silence the movements of a killer during close quarters combat while allowing them to move more freely.

Edited by Arc

Arc pushed thread through his materials with all the skill a novice could afford. His expression was one of determination mixed with disgust. The first effort was clearly a waste, but he was starting to get the hang of failing miserably. At least now when he did it, the material did not outright explode into data. No, now it waited for him to put in a great deal of effort before it told him that he sucked.

The Mercenary gave a frustrated snort as he continued to sew until the material was ruined. With a sigh, he cast it aside and took the other one in hand. "I wonder if Alky ever had this much trouble," he mused. The thought of his friend working a needle and thread was almost laughable, though the other man poured his effort into everything that he did. It made sense that he would have been much better at this than Arc.

As he thought about it, the merc managed to craft an item... if you could call it that.

ID# 68583 CD: 1 - FAIL

ID# 68584 CD: 7 - Bad item

Arc wandered into his shop after a long day of grinding and settled in. He wondered over the events of the evening for a bit before he grabbed his tools and began the evening's labor. Just a bit longer, he felt, and he'd be a fraction better at all of this. He wanted to get good enough to do more than work cloth, but it seemed like cloth was his limit for the moment.

Everyone had to start somewhere, though. He managed to hammer out a good quality scarf with one of his materials, which he placed on the table beside him. "One more shot," he told himself. "Then I'll be out of materials. Guess I ought to plan on grabbing more." 

The mercenary leaned forward and focused himself. If he could just manage one great item, he'd be much better for it. He needed to improve his odds in combat.

To his despair, the item came to ruin in his hands. The mercenary let out a groan, then shook his head. "Tomorrow, I'll have to go grab some more materials. Then maybe I'll get better."

ID# 68687  Craft: 9 - Good item

ID# 68688 Craft: 5 -Bad item