[BR-F18] Paving the Way to Floor 19

More people joined the raid gathering, which was fantastic. He wasn't too sure if everyone from the KoB would be attending the raid, but he was sure that he, at least, was ready for the raid. Though, from the look of it, someone from the KoB would have to have Opal on their team, which Macradon did not like at all, though, if a majority vote would come in and vote Opal into one of the parties, Macradon would have to accept it. Nodding his head with a smile on his face, Macradon would reply back at Lowenthal "Seems like we will have our own party each, I'll stay with the Commander, whenever he shows up. I PM'd him and he was sure he would show up. You will be taking the party with Xion and Hirru. I don't know why you're placed on the third party ... I would've liked for you to be on the second party because we would need your damage" with that closing thought, he would walk over to Hirru. "Jade hunter" he said "What's with these parties?" he would ask "Our main DPS of the guild on the non-damage oriented team? You may have great tactics, but the shine of your, sorry for using these words, newb-ness is showing. And I wouldn't be fond of Opal joining either of our parties, nor do I think the Commander would like" he would say to @Hirru, the Jade Hunter. 

Returning back to Lowenthal, Macradon would lead out with "Now ... it might just be my opinion. But I don't like any of our tanks, especially the Commander, to be shielding someone like Opal. What're your thoughts?" he would ask the current Vice-Commander, @Lowenthal. Looking over at the bunch of people who had arrived, thinking of other possibilities where Opal might've fit into. But since her last show on the raid was doing absolutely nothing, Macradon wasn't too sure if anyone would allow her to be joining their party ... though ... there's probably someone in the guild still having contact to Opal, which Macradon wouldn't severe as it could be a vital asset to get a peek into the Laughing Coffin and know when or where they will strike, though that was an idea for another time. Macradon had to either command his Crimson Blades, of those that had arrived, or take in commands from the Commander. Gritting his teeth slightly, he would await the presence of the Commander at any given moment now.

Edited by Macradon
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teayre met Hirru’s eyes. The girl raised a hand offering it to the person in front of her as Macradon moved over and spoke to Hirru. “His newbness? Macradon is that any way to speak to a member of your own guild. One who is being trusted with command, for the first time.” Her crimson eyes flared. “Yes I am the Crimson Maiden.”  She stepped forwards raising a hand in front of Hirru to stop him from saying anything. “You might not be too fond of it Macradon, but think about it for a second. Who has Opal targeted, really? She’s only aimed for player killers or former player killers that we know off. If you are that concerned perhaps I can take Opal’s place in your group.” The red head’s lips twitched as she looked at the knight. “You have to understand that as second in command on this raid, I personally believe that Hirru’s idea of putting Opal in one of the Knight’s groups is good. You are fielding more players. Plus your supposedly all powerful commander is here. Surely with the amount of power houses you have, you can handle one woman?”

Her eyes flashed as she continued to speak. “As for the decision of Lowenthal in the third group and now the second, you want a non-damage oriented team? That’s… Idiotic to say the least. With switching in and out of the fight, if there’s a non-damage team with a lot of support. What happens to the rest of the raid.” She paused letting her arm drop her left hand gripping the saya of her blade. “They die.” As she spoke the last two words Teayre drew her blade. “Listen to me, and listen well. You will bow your head to the leader of this raid. You will let him do as he sees fit. If you have a problem with him, you have a problem with me as I choose him to lead.” Looking up at Macradon the red head taps her foot on the floor. “Understand?”

The girl watched as the knight turned and walked away before turning back to Hirru. “Now, if you don’t mind me making a suggestion, Put Zandra in with group two. It doesn’t look to me as if the layabout is coming. Never seen him before so why would he show up now? We need to make a move soon, and be best prepared. If Zandra is stepping into Group two. That’ll leave yourself Lowenthal and Hikoru in group 3… Ideally we’d want someone else in there to pick up the reigns of a tank. Personally I would suggest Takao or Calrex. Even though the former isn’t a tank build, he has enough of a level difference to make things a touch easier. Failing that… I’ll do it.”

Edited by Teayre

A swift chortle erupted from Macradon's mouth "Command for the first time, maybe in a boss raid, that's a true statement. But it's not like I need to share any information besides boss raid related info to you" he would answer Teayre. Her comment upon him wasn't that bad, she wouldn't know, unless she was a creepy stalker, which she didn't seem to be. Macradon would ignore her nonetheless, as it didn't seem like they would have anything constructive to say to each other. "I know what she did, for why, I do not know, nor do I need that information to quench my thirst. I just don't like having a player killer whose murders I've spectated, that's the same as for you" he said. "But take her place if you fancy that, I ain't gonna say a word for that matter" he would say and look back at his guild mates. Letting out a light breath, alike a sigh, Macradon would continue the conversation "When I'm thinking of a non-combat oriented team, I don't intend on a team that does not do damage at all, as you stated, it's idiotic to have a whole team doing "nothing"" he would say "What I mean is that they're mainly doing work like keeping the torches in check. Not that other parties wouldn't be able to do that, but if we have someone like Lowenthal doing that instead of dealing damage, we might be at a disadvantage" he would say and ignore Teayre further more as Macradon had no real respect for the woman, but acknowledged her superiority of being the Raid leader, the only thing making him listen to her.

Her eyes flared up her right hand went to her blade. Teayre paused for a moment. Breathing heavily. “Is it worth it?” The question echoed through her mind, she knew what she wanted to do. She wanted her blade to taste blood. Closing her eyes the crimson maiden took in a deep breath, held it for a moment before exhaling slowly. “Macradon, we don’t know if we need damage to get the torches out of the brackets, or anything along those lines.  If that’s the case then Lowenthal is the best person for it. He’s quick and he’s agile. If not then he can attack the boss from the third group as there will be a tank in there.” Her eyes flicked to Hirru, then to Spectrum Coalition. This fight was going to go down one of two ways. It’ll take forever to complete or they’ll get it over and done with quickly, most likely the former. Opening her menu, she tapped away at it before moving to her group. 

Opal's eyes turned along with her head, her name was being called over and over again like a damn remix record. She sighed, they had been arguing. This was supposed to be a team based Boss Raid, but already they were at each other's throats. Opal knew much of the drama would be because of her and being in a team that wished her not to be there. She was not trusted still and there was no way to repair those bonds no matter what it meant. The woman stood up and looked at Jaken, "Seems like this is gonna be a harrowing adventure for us, Jaken. I don't think there are too many people who are fond of me being here. But that is something they'll have to deal with. I can't make right by not being here." The woman stretched her body and took a moment of clarity for herself. She closed her violet eyes and allowed her thoughts to sink in before turning around the corner. 

"The Spectrum Unit has a free spot open. I already discussed this with Calrex, should you feel I am too untrustworthy for your guild, Macradon. I will take the remaining spot in that group. I was hoping the Knights of the Blood Oath, the guild I had built to help Front Lines become a powerful army. But right now, I see you arguing and among one another and name calling. There was supposed to be honor upon that Symbol you wear, the crest means something. What happened to the Oath? Have you forgotten?" The woman held up a hand, "But that was MY Knights of the Blood Oath. And my Oath still stands even if I am dead to you all. We are here for one thing, to fight a raid boss. Let's get our head in the game and focus on that. I'll be fine in whatever team, as much as you don't like it, I can still play a legit player. I swore I would not kill anyone here and I tend to keep to that promise." 

Flicking her eyes back to Teayre and her blade, the woman gave a look daring her to draw her blade, "Yeah, give me a reason to put you down right now." Her inner thoughts would mingle at the player and her threatening stance and yet she reiterated, "Fortunately, we are all here built on trust not to kill each other. Let's prove this game we have not lost all of our humanity. Someone people are wishing to be redeemed for their past. Is that not right, Teayre. Let's show them we are better people now."

The red head looked up as Opal spoke. Inclining her head, “You are right Opal. We’re here together on the trust that we won’t kill one another. No matter -how- much we might want to. For the purposes of getting out of Aincrad and both of our stunts serving as examples.” The taking a step towards the female Teayre relaxed her blade. Leaning in and whispering to the woman. “I want to talk to you. Away from all this, if you’d be willing to meet. You will get your chance to kill me rather than just half loss me.” Turning the blood stained locks of the crimson maiden swayed over her back as she looked at her husband. Swallowing she went over to him, resting her head on his chest giving him a gentle squeeze before looking up into the bluenette’s eyes. “Sorry. Don’t let anything bad happening to them.”

"If that is your wish."

The hunter understood immediately when the Crimson Maiden would give out her hand, but before he could take it, his Vanguard Captain interrupted them.  Most likely to appease Teayre and encourage Hirru.  It would be to the hunter's surprise that it wasn't the case.  He was berated by his commanding officer, and he knew why.  He was out of line, even more so now than he thought before.  He wasn't a high ranking member of the Knight of the Blood Oath.  He was just a Blade.

His head would slowly droop in shame before another surprise would come: Teayre defending the hunter.  Though, all the points that Macradon made were right, that WAS what the hunter planned for team 3, but that didn't mean that they couldn't fight for themselves.  Each of them had the capabilities to draw out huge amounts of damage, without accruing much hate, especially Hikoru.  The hunter nodded to the Crimson Maiden when she gave her suggestions.

"Very well!  I don't think that our Commander is coming, either, so we'll have to improvise."  

"I'll need Takao to lead Team 3, and I would like Jomei to take his place, with the rest of Spectrum Coalition.  Opal will be placed in Team 2, where she can perform properly, with Zandra, Ariel, Macradon, and Xion as the tank.  Please get along!  Hikoru, Lowenthal, Seul, and myself will be team 3 with Takao as our lead man.  I don't want to hear any back talk, or questioning, but will take harsh criticism after the boss fight."

He swiped his menu away after gaining the message from Teayre, he would read it when they all survived..  The hunter already knew what to do, but he didn't know why?  He spoke to the group, ignoring anything else that was going on.

"Team 1 and Team 2 will be the main boss damage teams.  I won't give you any directions other than to perform as you always have, and let your experiences guide you.  If the boss acts weird in any way, I want one from each team to warn the next team over.  Team 3 will be on torch duty.  For the most part, they won't be dealing much damage to the boss, until all of the pools and torches are dealt with, except Takao and Hikoru.  Team 3 needs to minimize hate accrued more than anything.

The hunter took in a deep breath before continuing.

"That is all that I have to say, except... Fight, Win, and Live!"

With a final nod towards Teayre, the hunter would take his place with his team.

"Let's begin!"

Spoiler

Team 1

1. Calrex
  2. Takao
  3. Teayre
  4. Oikawa
  5. Baldur
  6. Opal

Team 2

1. Heathcliff
  2. Macradon
  3. Ariel - The Crowned Lion
  4. Zandra
  5. Jomei
  6. [Open]

Team 3

1. Xion
  2. Hirru
  3. Lowenthal
  4. Hikoru
  5. Seul
  6. [Open]

Edited by Hirru
Updated Team Roster

Nodding his head at Teayre as she made a fair point standing "You got me. I overreacted and wasn't thinking things all the way through. I apologize" he said "Also to you, Hirru" he said as his eyes would move over to the Jade Hunter. He would let out a small breath as he would walk away again, only to be confronted by none other than Opal. "My Oath, I know what I stand for, I know what we stand for as KoB. I know what I stand for as me as a Knight. I will never forget the oath I put out. But suddenly breaking out, murdering people, claiming you're part of a PK guild. It doesn't look very Knightly at all" he would answer her as he would walk by and back to the group he was set to, be it Opal joining that or not. Even though the scars of one of his close friends would still bleed out, he felt the tissue of a scar healing as the more mild, less murdery, words would be uttered from Opal's mouth. "It's like she's changing personalities from each time I see her ... She's either charismatic with peace talk ... or murderous with a blood lust ... I don't even know what to believe anymore" Macradon thought as he would listen to her words. "Opal, I must give you this. Your words of unity stands as they do, and although I'm not too fond of agreeing with you, I do have to agree today. We stand here to fight a boss, not each other ..." he said out. Quickly before he actually left Hirru's vicinity, he would pad him on the shoulder "Sorry for making you worry, one day you'll probably make a better Vanguard Commander than I" he said with a smirk as he left to his party.

As he was preparing for the battle Calrex was quietly observing the interactions Hirru, Macradon, Opal, and Teayre were having. They weren't exactly in a private area, or even speaking at a low enough level he couldn't overhear. He could sense the tension initially, but from what he saw things had been settled fair quickly. With his wife returning back over and giving a gentle hug he wrapped an arm around her and returned it, "Of course, I'll do what I can. I am serving as a tank after all, heh."

What he had made note of though, was that the redhead seemed to actively suppressing whatever violent influence she had told him about before. Her hand had slid up to her blade reflexively, but there was no threat given, and she even opted for a cooperative route over confrontation. "A step in the right direction."

Giving a calming breath he looked at the other members of his team before reviewing his at ready items once again. First was the Banner of Support, in case his teammates needed any emergency healing. Second came five Safeguards, part of the large order he had commissioned from Rain, because of the common sense of having one, just like the teleportation crystal that followed. Fourth was the Tiger's Rage Potion, which he would only use if they needed to bump up the damage even more than what they already had. Fifth was Serpent's Tongue, a paralyze and poison effect. Sixth and sevent were due to his possession of both a dimensional backpack and pouch, which allowed him to carry his Woodland armor three charge potion and the Grand Gauntlets II. He had recently grandmastered Martial Arts, so he need be he could trade out his shield and sword for them to also contribute to damage. After all, the strongest attack it had was one of the most powerful. Plus, like Takao said, the idea of decking a gigantic wolf in the face was too good to pass up.

Iron clad steps reverberated as the crimson knight edged into view. His signature straight sword and kite shield on full display to all those that glanced. His presence commanded attention, as it wasn't often the Commander of the Knights was seen. Even more so, was his participation in the raids. He simply appeared to be above raids, as it would seem to some; but none of that mattered today. 

Halting at the entrance, he acknowledged each and every face with a nod; his gaze lingering on his own guild-mates more than the rest, as he turned the floor to the Spectrum Coalition. They would be heading this raid and despite his title, he would oblige.

Raising his hand, he drafted the menu analyzing his stats once more. Though they could be changed at will, his participation need not exceed that of the others. Closing the menu, he gestured for the guild to begin their opening remarks and organizing the parties. After all, this raid must be something special if they required his help.

With a sigh, Heathcliff took a place near Lowenthal, making sure to nab a flask from @Takao and the remaining safeguard potion from @Opal; using them both before standing by.

Let us begin shall we?

Spoiler

Heathcliff, The Paladin
404 SP Spent

Combat Stats

1615 HP = 1500 (base) + 15 (athletics) +100 (well fed)
180 MIT= 28 (heavy) + 18 (light) + 50 (block) +30 (armor skill) +54 (alchemy)
19 DMG = 1 base + 5 skill + 1 athletics +6 alchemy +6 alcoholic
2 ACC = 1 (precision) +1 (herbs)
-3 EVA
150 EN
48 HP heal per hit
28 Thorns DMG per hit
8 Bonus DMG on BD 8-10
Heals 50 HP per turn

Buffs
Overhealth (+100)
T2 MIT (+54 MIT)
T2 DMG (+6 DMG)
Alcoholic (+6 DMG, -3 EVA)

Equipped Items
Liberator: (2) Holy Blessing, (2) Holy Damage - Counts as both Sword and Shield when triggering skills
(When hit by opponent, heals 48 HP on Heathcliff's turn. On BD 8-10 deals additional 8 Damage)
Commander's Heavy Armor2 slots Thorns/ 2 Slots Mitigation (+28 Thorns/+36 mitigation)
Commander's Light Armor Cloak1 slot Mitigation, 2 slots Recovery (+18 mitigation/+2 energy Recovery on CD10+)
Dimensional Backpack
Dimensional Pouch

Skills

Holy Sword - Rank 5 (50) (+5 damage) 
One-Hand Straight Sword - Rank 5 (50) (+5 damage)
Heavy Armor - Rank 5 (50) (30 MIT)
Block - Rank 5 (50) (50 MIT)
Battle Healing - Rank 5 (50) (50 HP recovered per turn)
[Extra] Martial Arts - Rank 5 (50) (+5 damage)

Switch (10) 
Howl (10)
Fighting Spirit (10)
Parry (10)

[Extra] Concentration
[Extra] Survival

=Mods=
1) Holy Sword - Rank 5 Ferocity (15)
2) Focused Howl (10)
3) Precision (15)
4) Athletics (9) (+1 DMG, +15 HP)
5) Safe Guard (15)

Battle Ready Inventory

1) (5) T2 Perfect Health Crystals (+240 HP)
2) (5) T2 Perfect Mass Healing Crystals (+90 HP to Party)
3) (5) T1 Perfect Health Crystals (+120 HP)
4) (5) Energy Drinks (+9 EN)
5) (1) Banner of Superior Support (+120 HP to Party)(3 charges)
6) (4) Safeguard Potions
7) (1) Teleport Crystal

As the reverberations of the boots echoed through the halls Teayre turned around to see the commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath trudging through the corridor towards them. Her smile flickered for a moment. “That’s already done slacker. If you weren’t busy pushing your toys around we’d have started this boss fight already. You’re tanking in group two. Everyone else, back to how we were before.” She walked over to Hirru. “I trust that’s okay, how you had originally planned out the groups. Spectrum will take Opal, seeing as someone is… Less than accepting.” Her fingers gently tapped against her blade.

“Right then.” Teayre began, her voice carrying as she projected it out. “Now that everyone is here including the people who believe the world revolves around them… Much like Kayaba.” The crimson maiden continues, “Let’s get the plan out nice and simple. Spectrum Coalition and Group One of the Blood Oath are to focus on the boss.” She paused for a moment, “The members of Spectrum Coalition group are, Myself, Calrex, Oikawa, Baldur, Takao and Opal. For Group One of the Blood Oath they are. The Layabout, Macradon, Ariel, Zandra, and Jomei.” Pointing to each of the members in turn. Her eyes gaze across the final few people she had yet to name. “Xion, Hirru, Lowenthal, Hikoru and Seul are to form the second group for the Blood Oath. Your role, is to deal with any environmental effects as they occur, and primarily adds if they spawn. Failing any of that, kill the big dog.”

The red head swallowed. “This is the tactic that seems to suit it best. Each group knows what they are doing. So, let’s go.” Turning Teayre drew her blade, looking over to her husband nodding, mouthing three words at him. “I won’t die.”  

@Xion , @Jomei please make sure your stats and posts are complete before our lovely GMs say we can start the massacre.

Edited by Teayre

@Jomei @Xion Since your posts were not edited by the allotted time (an extra day was given), participation in this raid is prohibited.

Players clamored atop the step leading up to the boss room. Several words were spat, yet none explicitly detailed the strategy the frontliners planned to use for this raid. However their time for talks would soon be silenced as the doors to the room subsequently shut as the last torch burned blue.

Artificial light tore through the ceiling of the room. Illuminating bubbling pools of acidic slime and revealing the near limitless amount of torches lining the circular room. One thing stood out from the rest and not one, but several pairs of eyes blinked attached to it. With a single howl, Malethis caused the room to shake. Several HP bars flickering into view as players focused on the enormous beast. Drool dripped and whipped about as Malethis stared at the groups before him, what appeared to be a wicked grin split across his maw as he rose to full stature and caused the flames to burn even brighter.

Howling out, the room shook before settling to silence. With a demonic grin, Malethis shot forward. The raid had begun.

Malethis' Stats:

Spoiler

Boss Stats/Attacks:

«HP»: 2,280

«Mitigation»: 110

«Feral Swipe»: (CD: 1-8)

Single Target. Does 350 damage on a successful hit. On a BD of 9 or 10, this attack deals 20 Poison Damage for 4 turns. Poison Damage cannot be mitigated.

«Corrosive Sweep»: (CD: 9+)

A.O.E (2 Players with the most Hate). Does 300 damage on a successful hit. On a BD of 8, 9, or 10, this attack deals 20 Poison Damage for 4 turns and knocks those targeted into a <Corrosive Pool>.

Boss Ability 1:

«All Seeing»: Malethis has +1 to the BD for each player in the current party (This caps at +4 BD).  Malethis uses the BD.

Boss Ability 2:

«Corrosive Fang»: If Malethis attacks a player that was affected by <Corrosive Pools> on their last turn, Malethis ignores half of the affected player’s mitigation.

Healing Ability 1:

«In-Corrosive»: When Malethis receives damage from a player that was affected by <Corrosive Pools> on their last turn, Malethis heals 80 HP.

Healing Ability 2:

«Moonlit Healing»: Every rotation of players, Malethis heals 40 HP for each <Corrosive Pool> that remains.

Boss Room Effect 1:

<Corrosive Pools» On a CD roll of 6 or lower, players take 40 Poison Damage from one of the 10 corrosive pools. This damage cannot be mitigated. If a player has the Survival skill, they receive 20 Poison Damage instead. As long as there are pools remaining, players still take damage from this effect.

Boss Room Effect 2:

<Flaming Torches» Players may take a post action to remove a torch from the wall and toss it into a Corrosive Pool. When a Corrosive Pool has had 2 torches tossed into it, it will be destroyed. There are an infinite amount of torches.

Post Order: (Boss Fight Rotation Rules)

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post.

Malethis: (2280/2280) M: 110

Corrosive Pools: [0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2][0/2]

Active Party:

Calrex: {Safeguard}
Takao: 
Teayre:
Oikawa: {Safeguard}
Baldur: {Safeguard}
Opal: {Safeguard}

Malethis

Party 2:

Heathcliff: {Safeguard}
Macradon: {Corrosive Safeguard}
Ariel: {Safeguard}
Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Hirru: {Safeguard}{Corrosive Safeguard}
Lowenthal: {Safeguard}{Corrosive Safeguard}
Hikoru: {Safeguard}
Seul: {Safeguard}{Corrosive Safeguard}

Malethis

"Hech," Takao wretched upon laying his eyes on the Boss monster impeding their path forward, who howled and spewed drool and spittle in a rather unpleasant way. Very few bosses could be viewed as pleasant and understandably so, their purpose was not to comfort or receive players warmly but to challenge and outright murder them if the opportunity arose. Combat had not yet been initiated which gave Takao the chance to glance to the side and look over his team. With Calrex taking up the front of their advance and a surplus of damage behind him, they were perhaps the best equipped to combat the boss. Then he looked to the second team and found them to be adequately equipped for the same purpose, with Heathcliff at the helm. The last team however seemed lacking, especially with the sudden and inexplicable disappearance of some players. His eyebrows knitted together and mouth pulled down into a frown, and he looked to those on his team. "I'm 'eadin' over to team three to be their tank." He said, nearly snorting at the notion of fulfilling a role he was woefully unprepared to fill. Without so much as another word, Takao removed himself from the party of six and headed over to the group of four, regarding them with a raised open hand-like wave.

"Ay boys, s'cool if I be your meat shield for d'raid?" He asked upon approaching them, although the inquiry had primarily been aimed toward @Hirru who appeared to hold some stock in decision-making for the raid.

ID: 69587
BD: x
CD: 6 (20HP from pools, 20HP healed from BH)

Post Order: (Boss Fight Rotation Rules)

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post.

Active Party:

Teayre:

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Takao: 1495/1495 HP || 138 EN

Malethis

Teayre looked at the wolf in front of her, she saw the ooze dripping from him and fizzling into the floor. Glancing at Heathcliff and Macradon her eyes hard and stern, she looks at Hirru her eyes softening somewhat. Darting in her wakazashi to her side as she begins to activated the sword art. The salivating boss snarled at the red head. She skids to a stop before jumping back as the acidic ooze hits the ground with a sizzle. “Damnit.” She narrows her eyes as the rest of her part goes in around her. Flicking her eyes to the torches that had just sputtered, she watches the ember settle into one of the pools causing it to recede. “Probably… I think I’m right, but we’ll have to wait and see.”  Teayre took a couple of steps back, she was nowhere near a high enough level for what she had to do, she needed to become stronger.

ID: 69564 BD: 1 CD: 3 LD: 13 (10 + 3 LD) MD: 3

Sword Art: Missed

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post.

Active Party:

Teayre: 995/1015 EN: 98/100 20 DMG from Pools

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

Edited by Teayre

ID: 69565
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Craft Dice: 9 (No Damage from Pool)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

With the boss fight now started Calrex quickly draw the Grand Blade II from its sheath, apparently not fast enough to act ahead of his wife rushing in and missing an attack on the boss. He felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head at the action, "Uh...didn't we learn to let the tanks draw Hate first before attacking? Well, at least the boss won't have a chance to act before I do."

Quickly activating <<Howl>> his sword began to swirl with the blue energy of the skill before he pierced it into the ground, unleashing the energy out like a roar and gaining the top Hate. The boss now fixed on him he gave a calming exhale while retrieving his sword, returning back into a defensive position, "Now to let the others have at it until next chance I get to act. I won't be able to use Meteor Break like this, but Teayre and the others should be able to do more than enough damage to get past Malethis' defenses."

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post.

Active Party:

(Hate: 3) Calrex: {Safeguard} 1595/1595 | EN: 150/150
Takao: 
Teayre: 1015/1015 EN: 98/100

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

Winds roared, a they whipped and howled before causing the doors to shut. The last torch had changed its flames and Malethis had revealed himself. Acidic drool dripped, and spewed from nearly every orifice the wolf like creature could offer; gifting the beast the award for the nastiest thing the blonde had ever come across.

Looking around, he noticed that his party seemed to be the only one fully prepared for the raid as well as the only party with six members. Or at least they were until their very own scout spoke up. Nodding in the direction of Takao, Oikawa realized just how boned the third party would've been without Takao stepping up. 

Leave it to Xion to disappear when it matters...again. But Jomei, where could you have gone my friend?

His train of thought snapped as a crimson blur rushed past him. Looking up, he watched as none other than Teayre rushed into the fray head first. Though her attack ended in failure it left an opening for the rest of the team to take advantage of. As Calrex expressed the loudest Howl he could muster, Oikawa sprinted past the bluenette and raised <Amphibian Teeth>. Like lightning, the blur of golden armor nearly vanished before re-appearing before Malethis and carving out ten percent of the creatures health. 

His health barely budged... and that was nearly my strongest attack...

Tumbling to the ground, Oikawa looked to the rest of the raid and sighed. This fight wont be easy. No sooner than the thought left his mind, Malethis wretched out in pain before crumpling to heap. The paralysis icon blinking repeatedly alongside his first health bar.

"Paralysis effects this boss, have at him."

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post. If you roll a CD of 

Malethis: (1948/2280) M: 110 [Paralyzed]

Active Party:

[H: 3] Calrex: 1595/1595 | EN: 150/150 {Safeguard}
[H: 0] Takao: 1495/1495 | EN: 138/138
[H: 0] Teayre: 1015/1015 | EN: 98/100
[H: 2]Oikawa: 1215/1215 | EN: 120/120 {Safeguard} ID: 69568 BD: 9 CD: 8 [Galaxy Destroyer: 26 + 2 + 5 + 1 = 34 x 13= 442-110= 332]

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

The boss was worse than Baldur could have imagined. The description sounded like nightmare fuel to begin with, but it made his skin crawl when he saw the massive beast, and to his side he heard Takao retch. The sound and the sights of what he saw made Baldur want to as well, but he was somehow able to hold onto his digital lunch.

"Tsk. I should have brought some grapefruit to squeeze into those eyes..." His attempt at levity fell flat, even on his own ears.

Suddenly, Cal's crimson bride of death shot past him and charged the boss, not waiting for Calrex to engage at all, but the Ultramarine knight was close on her heels as he <<howled>> to steal the boss's attention back to himself. This was real, it was time. Life or death.

Crouching down into his <<charge>> stance, Baldur saw Oikawa was a second ahead of him, but Baldur wouldn't be undone. Full buffed as he was, the gaijin samurai practically disappeared as he activated his attack. As he drew his sword in a single, fluid motion a sickly, crimson light exploded from <<The Muramasa>> as he struck with <<San Ge>>, each slash of his blade seemed to extend far larger that it was, the light of the sword art carving huge gashes into the model of the wolf, revealing the red wire frame mesh inside its hollow form. His steel blue eyes watched as he dropped the boss almost an entire bar of HP by himself.

It was a huge change from the last boss fight, and he felt himself smile at the growth he had made.

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post. If you roll a CD of 

Malethis: (1596/2280) M: 110 [Paralyzed]

Active Party:

[H: 0] Takao: 1495/1495 | EN: 138/138 (moving to party 3)
[H: 2] Oikawa: 1215/1215 | EN: 120/120 {Safeguard} 
[H: 1] Baldur: 975/975 | EN: 86/86 {Safeguard} ID: 69586 BD: 7+3 (hit) CD: 11  Charge + Ferocity + San Ge: 33x14=462-110=352 DMG
@Opal: {Safeguard}

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

Opal was unsure how she was going to react, but it seemed her words were enough to stop the bickering. She gave a low smile to Macradon, she would need to reach out to him at some other time, but for now they all had to prepare for the upcoming raid. The woman took the moment to look over equipment and down at her familiar, Jaken.

“Looks like we are going in legit today, Jaken. All my stats look good?”
“Perfect as can be though your mitigation is lacking a little bit, but otherwise with this party you have a high life expectancy rate.”

She was unsure if she felt relieved with his words but shrugged none the less. The lair of the wolf’s den seemed rather calm and ambient. She engaged her “Reveal” seeing through the crags of rock and looking over the acidic pools that seemed to loom all over the place. The torches began to flicker in the draft as she stood among her peers, for better or for worse to be called as such. Violet eyes continued to scan the area before giving into a small sigh.

She took a step forward like everyone else but her body slowly melted into the shadows as they entered the lair of the beast. Eventually she would be no longer in sight and hidden from the eyes of the players and the hundred eyed creature known as Malethis.

It would be wise for Calrex to start things off as he would usually go about his Tanking duty and begin with a Howl. But the woman shot a gaze towards the blazing crimson blur that was traversing the path towards the Raid Boss, “Stupid Bitch is gonna get herself killed!” Opal would have insisted that Calrex to go first, but it was almost like she was throwing her life away the moment this started. She rolled her eyes when the Crimson Maiden cut short of Malethis. Opal’s long winter colored hair shook along with her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose, “Great job whiffing.” Were her thoughts on the attack which did nothing to the beast.

Opal turned her attention to the Tank, she gave a mild duck and clamped her ear closest to the player before he allowing a rip roaring Howl to echo out into the lair. With the attention of the beast caught, the others could now begin to tally up their damage against the boss.

There were no weak souls here this day it seemed. Everyone was quite anxious to get things started; it was clear as day as Teayre would make her opening move without the aid of the Tank. Following behind Calrex was the bouncing of an Orange Crystal over the head of one player she put in quite the pickle of a predicament back on an earlier raid.  His attack was unlike Tea’s however. It was strong and without remorse for the creature. Cleaving with his sword in hand and granting a paralysis effect that would help save Calrex in the long run. With both attention towards the tank and paralyzed, the others could freely yank the HP from this Lupin Creature and be rid of it before things got too hairy.

She wondered who next on her team would go next; there were not many choices but two of the players remaining. Herself and Baldur. But as she was thinking on it, the woman took to the winds and roared for Malethis. He would bring no such merci to the raid boss much like Oikawa. With a shot of his blade, she watched as the massive creature with the many eyes took a deadly blow, orange slash marks riding heavily into his hide as the Genji Samurai creating a gaping wound of sorts. She was quite surprised by the player, but he was becoming a promising Front Liner, an apology was in order of course after the words she had said to him at the meeting. But Opal was too ignorant of such things. Perhaps she would just buy him a gift rather than expressing her apology to him. With that, it was up to her and her Masamune to make the next sweeping blow. But instead, she would stay in the wake of the darkness around her. She’ll find an opportune time to strike and now was not it.

Malethis: (1596/2280) M: 110 [Paralyzed]

Active Party: 

[H: 0] Takao: 1495/1495 | EN: 138/138 (moving to party 3)
[H: 1] Baldur: 975/975 | EN: 86/86 {Safeguard} 
[H: 0]Opal: 1120/1120 | EN: 112/112 ID: 69685  CD: 8 Notes:  Stealthed{Safeguard}

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

Edited by Opal

Green slime dribbled from the flapping lids of the beast. Crimson ringed eyes soaking in everything around it. Malethis' lunge was met with the blade of a petite red head. Her attack proving to be nothing more than a bluff as the sticky pelt of the wolf sprayed more acid, causing her to jump back apprehensively. Snarling, Malethis snapped at the girl, his attention drawn to the delicate rose he was to devour should she inch any closer. As he backed and fumbled through one of the corrosive pools staining the room, the boss's attention was drawn to the deafening screech a certain blue haired lad emitted.

Turning his sights to the tanking figure Malethis prepared to strike, only this time his claw was met by several blows from a blonde haired player. Crimson gashes enveloped the wolf. Cutting through it's health with every strike and swipe. Snapping at the player, a sudden jolt shot through the beast. This inexplicable feeling of loss of motion caused the creature to tumbled forward, pinning it in place as he was now rendered immobile.

With the opening available, the next player in the first party, a samurai of sorts, rushed in. Imitating the blonde's attacks but in a more forceful way. Slime and and muffled yelps decorated the area surrounding Malethis as the as the brunette dropped back.

Having remembered seeing six players total at first, the confused monster frantically searched for the two that had seemingly disappeared from view. Rising to his feet as the paralysis wore off, Malethis roared out once more, this time raising his head to the artificial moon as the pools around him glowed and his health restored to nearly full once more.

A seemingly wicked grin extended from his maw, causing more slime to paint the floors as he wildly awaited the on-comers. Eyeing all those in attendance, Malethis once again charged forward, this time targeting the second group hidden amongst the first.

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post. Player names in red are currently affected by [Corrosive Pools]. Player names in orange were affected by [Corrosive Pools] on their last turn.

Teayre: -20 HP

Takao: -20 HP (BH activates on your next turn.)

Malethis: +400 HP (40 x 10 pools)

Malethis: (1996/2280) M: 110

Active Party: 

[H: 0] Takao: 1475/1495 | EN: 138/138 (moving to party 3)
[H: 0] Teayre: 995/1015 | EN: 98/100
[H: 0] Opal: 1120/1120 | EN: 112/112 {Safeguard}

Malethis

Party 2:

Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis

Edited by Malethis

The doors to the boss room finally opened just as the raid party members stopped bickering among themselves. The arrival of the KoTB leader would bee invaluable as some of their parties needed some good battle baptized tanks. Still she'd get a eerie feeling from the man for some reason but decided to ignore it as the rush of the coalition + extra, party has began their assault. She let out a small 'Tch' when she saw Teayre miss and tightened the grip around her Darkened Blade. But there was no time to be measuring others as the boss began charging towards their group.

The blonde was the first of the group to charge towards the apparently rabid wolf-like creature covered in eyes. The mere sight of it had the blonde's pixelated innards twisting. Luckily as she ran faster, beyond her own limits with the help of the system assistance, she paid no heed to her condition as the adrenaline rush took over her. A grin formed on her expression as if mirroring the field boss'. Then it entered her personal space face on, the blonde stepped to the side and unleashed four fast stabs with a animal-like ferocity; but as her still red glowing two-handed spear showed, the sword art she'd activated earlier... hasn't ended yet.

Taking advantage of the same system assistance, Ariel next jumped high in the air above the floor boss and slammed the sharp-glowing end of her spear directly at the estimated nape region. Satisfied with the reverberation resulted from the last impact, the blonde let out a smirk before trying to put some distance between her and the mob, looking at the designated party tank, @Heathcliff. "Take it from here Chief!" she shouted with a smile.

Spoiler

Each Party has 72 Hours to post. Please fill in your HP and Energy as you post. Player names in red are currently affected by [Corrosive Pools]. Player names in orange were affected by [Corrosive Pools] on their last turn.

Malethis: (1536/2280) M: 110

Party 1: 

[H: 0] Takao: 1475/1495 | EN: 138/138 (moving to party 3)
[H: 0] Teayre: 995/1015 | EN: 98/100
[H: 0] Opal: 1120/1120 | EN: 112/112 {Safeguard}

Malethis

Active Party:

[H: 2] Ariel: 1175/1175 | EN: 89/106 {Safeguard} 
ID# 69704  BD: 9 [6+3] (non-crit hit)  CD: 7  Sword Art:  (17) Dimension Stampede - 5x3*(32+5+1) = 570 Raw Dmg - 110 Mit = 460 Dmg
Zandra:

Malethis

Party 3:

Malethis