[PP:F11] Nostalgia And Itzal [Complete]

Floor eleven was a floor Opal had been to many times as Vice Commander of Knights of the Blood Oath, so her being here now as the traitor that she was didn't seem to settle with her. She had waited for the day light hours to die down into nothingness where the moon was high waxing and the stars streaking across the lonely sky. Her features were soft, a woman with a black tank top and a pair of ripped knees jeans all that accompanied her. She wore her hair in a bun to keep the strands from shifting and weaving into the frequent breezes that happened on this floor. There she stood, looking up at the towering HQ of the Guild Hall of the Blood Oath Knights. 

Her mind was filled with racing images of her old life. The days of nostalgia hit her harder on certain days that others and she would frequent this place only to remind of what she was doing with her life. Many sought out her actions as an act of betrayal, and in her eyes that was ok. It was a burden she was used to carrying now, so long as they understood she was a traitor she could continue her work without stressing out over her plans being released. Yet she had told a few people of them now, perhaps too many ears have known who she was and that could cause some mischief down the line. But when that road appears, she would cross it.

Until then, everything was moving slowly. Sensui had no idea, no did the others. But she always had a nagging thought in the back of her head that Sensui knew and he loved making a mess of her wits. If there was one man that could see through all that she was, he was it. Her soft features began to melt at the sight, tightness and cold wrapped around her heart encasing it in a frozen tundra. Her eyes flickered once more as she brought her head up and nestled her arms around her body and with a turn of her body, she started to walk away from her past once again. 

Eyes lowered, face sullen expression, and she was not watching where she was going. A shoulder bumped into her and she grazed by offering only a simple apology that was muted by the passing of a strong wind, When she turned her head, she caught glimpse of the person she had bumped into. Her dark eyes followed his figure standing there, "Oh. So it's you. A little late in the night for you to be walking around by your lonesome."

It almost seemed as if all that coldness and anger she felt had just melted away as she framed a smile upon her black lips. Her body language metamorphosing into a more radiant and confident look as she folded her arms over her chest and leaned on one foot. 

@Itzal

Edited by Opal

Itzal sat on the very edge of the rail of the tallest tower in Taft, watching the sun slowly set.  It was becoming more and more daily for him to come up here.  His life was getting really busy with the combination of level grinding, finding players for the guild, his now two apprentices, as well as his girlfriend.  It was great to just take a moment and relax, with peace and quiet.  When he was this high, enjoying the scenery, he had peace and surprisingly his thoughts actually slowed down a bit.  It was very relaxing and he couldn't wait to share it with others.  As the sun faded and the moon and stars came out, Itzal took a deep breath as that signified that it was time to get moving again.  He stood up and leaped from the edge, his hand hovering beside the rope, and as he descended he grabbed the rope and only ever so lightly to slow down his fall until finally when he wasn't too far from the ground tightened his grip and slowed down enough to the point where he let go and landed on the ground, bent his knees, and rolled, shocking the npcs at first.  He then walked onwards like nothing had happened.  As he walked he kept an eye out for any materials he could get.  Especially for the event quest.  As he walked he noticed a player's green cursor.  As they grew closer he recognized her.  Opal, the player whom he had an interesting conversation with...  And she was clearly hiding something.  He was about to call out to her when he thought he heard movement in the shadows.  He snapped his focus over to the allyway but his skill wasn't high enough for night vision yet so he couldn't spot anything.  When he turned around again Opal had bumped into him.  His sharp ears barely heard her voice over the wind and before she changed her posture he noted how she looked angry.  He smiled.  "Hey Opal!  Fancy seeing you here.  How've you been?"

@Opal

"Can't complain. I got the world feeding out of the palm of my hand." She said still leaning one on foot and her arms over her chest. She had remembered the conversation with this kid not too long ago at the Lakeside where she had invited him to a duel to test his worth on his resolve. She wondered if he had faltered during the short period of time that transpired from then to now. 

Clearing her throat and taking a deep breath, she relaxed her body from its previous tense state. Her feet would begin to move away from him and she would sit down by the fountain that seemed to be the focus point besides the Cathedral in Taft. Her fingers skimmed the surface and she felt a shudder run down her spine, the water was cold and the weather was surprisingly cooler than she thought it would be. 

"We haven't spoken to each other in a little while. Tonight, I am not out for anyone's blood or testing their resolve." she said with a small light laughter, she gestured for him to sit next to her as she drummed her fingers over the fountain's water once more, giving her fingers a quick flick to splash the liquid. She curled her one hand into a fist and bent her elbow as she steadied her head over it, overlooking the celestial pool where the moon was reflected back from it. It was enough to cause her to look up at ths stars, her eyes closing for the moment before she breathed in that cool air. 

"You are still alive, so that's a good sign. Getting stronger are we?" 

As Opal told him that the world was eating out of her hand he felt like the truth was far from it.  That anger before hand.  That didn't come from satisfaction.  However he didn't press the matter.  If she wanted to tell him the truth she'd tell him in her own time.  He watched her relax her body and sit down at the fountain and he was a bit surprised but pleased when she pretty much asked him if he'd like to talk with her.  He smiled and nodded as he walked over and sat down.  Hearing the woman give a laugh was warming as he was always glad to hear someone be happy.  Even if it was for a tiny moment.  He watched her stroke the water and saw the moon's reflection in the water.  In his guild they were all represented with a different celestial body of the sky:  Tanks were the sun.  DPS were comets.  Stars were the stars.  And Scout's were the moon.  That's why he added a crescent moon to the shoulder of his right sleeve.  He heard her comment and chuckled.  "Yeah I don't intend on dying any time soon.  I'm level thirty three right now but that doesn't mean I'm stopping.  When I hit level forty, maybe forty five I plan on joining the front lines at last.  And of course the only way to do that is to level grind.  Of course I'm not pushing myself too hard.  Taking breaks from time to time."  He looked up at the stars and their beauty.  A gentle smile touched his lips.  He thought about asking how she was doing but something told him it would only bring up bad memories.  And somehow he thought she just wanted to get away from it all tonight.  "You know not many people look up anymore.  They're either watching their feet the entire time to make sure they don't screw up, or looking at all the faces around them, trying to control the situation.  It's not often when we simply look up and admire the beauty given to us, the life we possess.  We only have one shot at it after all.  Once it's gone that's it, no take backs."  He grinned and looked to Opal again.  "At least that's what I've learned with my experience."

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

"Such words of wisdom from a young man."she said at his comment about the general populace of their ideals. Opal would sigh nonetheless. She often looked to the floor so she wouldn't stumble too much. For being a warrior, she sure was clumsy at times both with her feet and her words. She was however surprised at his level, "Thirty-three. You are indeed getting stronger, that's good. The front lines could use the help, but they are desperate need of tanks.  Everyone likes to play the DPS role, but with how things are run, with so little roles of tanks, we can only have so many parties which is quite the burden." the woman took in a heavy breath, "They'll make due with what they have for now. We don't have any other choice to be honest though. The tank is the most important as they also share leadership roles as well too. That is a lot to ask of a person, to be both a player that endangers their life for the others as well as the discipline to remain steadfast and protect them while giving out orders should the need arise." 

The woman scooped a single hand of the water and allowed it to pool in her hand before allowing the liquid to rush through her fingers. With a look of mischief, she splashed Itzal with the remaining remnants of liquid from her fingertips and spritzed him, "We might have got off on the wrong foot last time. I am a complicated woman and the reason I didn't accept your friend request was because its dangerous for you as well as myself. I was humbled by the act though and I am glad you are getting stronger. One day, perhaps, I will no longer have life to give. True can be said to any front line player, and it will be the new age of players like yourself to help everyone out of this game. Are you ready to bare that on your shoulders?" she asked with a questioning gaze as she slicked her fingers across her pants, drying them from the previous engagement with the fountain. 

Hearing the words Opal said to him made Itzal think to himself.  Wise words huh?  He never thought of it like that before.  He listened intently to what she said about the front lines and how they needed tanks, as well as how they were required to be leaders of sorts.  He nodded.  "See that's why I chose to be a scout rather than a tank.  I don't think I could handle being a leader.  I figured myself as a strategist or advisor more than anything, though I still intend to develop the ability to deal decent amount of damage.  As for the need for tanks I'll talk with the other paladins in my guild.  We'll keep an eye out, no worries.  When we find some we'll get them trained up and help them get to the front lines in no time.  It's what we do."  He felt a strike of ice cold and his hand jerked to his face almost instantly afterward to wipe it off instinctively.  He caught Opal's face and he grinned at her before doing the same thing to her.  He was enjoying this side of Opal and hoped that she would show off this side more often.  He listened to her as she explained why she didn't accept his invite and how one day she and the others would or might be gone.  And asked if he was ready to carry the burden of getting players out of here.  He took a deep breath before responding.  "First of all, while there's a chance of all of us dying, there's also a chance of us living.  Don't count that out Opal, hope is a powerful thing.  As for the danger, I understand how you're part of a dangerous guild, but I don't believe they watch your friends list every minute do they?  And even if that's the case we can still be friends, just not on each other's list.  And the burden..."  He looked down at the water and the reflection of the moon and the stars, the clouds overhead moving over and under the moon.  "The burden isn't as bad as it might seem, if you have others to carry it with you.  Guilt, fear, anger, uncertainty.  It can all be handled and end peacefully if we have others there to guide us.  When I first entered this game I wanted so badly to go find playerkillers and kill them.  However that anger nearly pushed away a friend of mine.  But with the help of my friends, and a specific quest he recommended, I was able to work it out."  He bit his lower lip as his thoughts moved to a dungeon boss he and Jonathan fought together.  "Although someone has brought one thing to my attention.  I have yet to see a player fall before me and I don't know how I'll respond to that."  He turned back to Opal.  "But overall, as long as I have friends by my side I think I can handle that burden."

@Opal

"I'm glad to know you are not walking down the same destructive path that I am walking down. Unlike you, I don't have the liberty to turn a blind eye away from Player Killers. You were able to find solace in your friends and guild. I am happy for that, but I have an Oath I must fulfill. That Oath is what makes me; me. Also, you are right. They don't check my friends list, but friends are simply not words on a list. They are they people you hang out with, the people you protect and the ones who will always be in danger. Because the sick minded players are not the ones who attack the strongest, but the weakest and they attack your heart not your body. Just knowing that much from a person can cause them to do unheard of things. Say for example you and your friend, best buddies, blood brothers happen to be split up. A member of a PK guild comes to find you and you defeat them easily. They will cause misery to your friends and they will hurt you where it counts; your heart. They take away everything you love and turn it into ash until you are left with nothing. Friends can be powerful, but they can also be a burden. The less people I know, the less that will be hurt. So in a way, I am protecting the ones I care for by driving them away." 

The woman remained silent for a moment, clearing her throat in the process. "For the time being I am Opal of Laughing Coffin. A Player Killer just like them. One day my story will come to an end by someone like me and I will find peace in my death. Until that day happens though, I will purge this world of all orange players. Should I die, well then...My sins are plenty, I will die knowing I have given some people comfort knowing they are safe for a little while longer." Opal drew her hands into her lap and she sighed gently moving her head down towards the edge of the fountain to feel the cold stone against her cheek. 

"Am I selfish in believing I can save the world like this? I could turn my head and back away now and find redemption, but I don't believe I deserve it. You see before you a woman who has a heart but this heart bleeds black inside. I have darkness in my veins, poison on my lips, and my touch can ruin the life of a person. Perhaps I don't have the right to kill people. Perhaps I am too angry, but, if not me...then who? You yourself said you could  not walk down my path. Someone has to. Leaving it left alone, that does nothing but allow evil to spread its wings." 

Opals words, how she described her own path and her decisions.  Now he understood what was bothering her so much.  He said nothing as he listened to her and he felt pain in his heart when she laid her head down and said those things about her.  When she finished he was silent for a moment before speaking.  "Personally, I don't think people like you are beyond redemption...  There are those who kill for enjoyment, or what seems like no reason, or for reasons that cannot be justified.  Self defense is the only true reason in my book.  When we have no other choice...  My parent's were murdered in front of me, in cold blood.  The man took their things and burned them.  When the police caught him he said he was just having a little fun....  And he laughed.  It's people like that who can't be redeemed.  They have no heart, no feelings for others.  You aren't like them in the slightest.  You do what you are doing to protect others.  I may think that self defense is the only way Opal, but if someone were planning on killing my friends, or loved one?  I'd fight them.  I won't let the innocent suffer.  I can't exactly take on every pker out there, but if I see an innocent being struck down I will not hesitate to protect them.  The only difference is that I don't seek them out.  Besides, even though I haven't seen someone die in this world....  I have a bad feeling I will.  And I find it hard to believe that you're evil Opal.  You may say and do things that make you appear like you're bad but I don't believe that's who you are.  And I'd like to have some time to get to know the real you if you're ok with that."  He offered her a comforting smile before continuing.

"This game and the real world are identical besides two important factors:  The game mechanics, and the fact that players can't reproduce.  Everything else is pretty much spot on.  The fight for power, the risk of death.  And everywhere we go there are always killers, thieves and perverts, all forms of evil.  To me you seem like a vigilante.  And unfortunately in this world I suppose the only way to remove them is to kill them.  If you are serious about going on this road however, please do me a favor ok?  Be careful.  And don't shove everyone away.  I might not be much of a use right now, but I'll always be here if you need me for anything at all."  He smiled and pulled out a silver crystal he had found in a cave once, one that gave off a faint glow of light, and placed it on the stone.  "That's a promise.  And I never break a promise."

@Opal

The woman shifted and her head perked up at his words as she took them into her. He continued to give off wise words, but they were words she heard from others before him. Everyone was different on how they perceived her, and they could see right through her bluffs. Itzal had seen through her, perhaps because she was allowing him to see her in this form. Come tomorrow when the light would bask, she would be Opal again. 

"It's funny you mention vigilante. When I finished my training I actually hunted players down and dragged them from away safe zones and did so many uncalled for things. Which means, I have tortured Green Players on the verge of going Orange. I wanted to instill a fear into people's eyes and hearts that someone was watching them and they couldn't get away with anything they wanted. My hate morphed into something deadly and ugly. So I am without redemption, you see. There are green players also who deal with defiling others. I must be some kind of monster by now." 

She hesitated and tilted her head admiring the crystal that had the faint glow to it, "That's pretty. And you are a sweet guy. You are going to make a woman very happy one day if you continue being like this. You fight for your honor, and you fight to protect your friends. You are someone I would cherish to fight alongside me. But you are developed in the light; you have reasons to live for those friends of yours. It is much easier for me to not have that at least right now. But you are courageous and you have gone through a devastating scenario with the lose of your family. Don't give up on that light. So long as you have that light flickering, then I know what I am fighting for as well. And I will know why my hands are stained in the blood of others. People like you, are the reason I fight and the reason I kill. I want you to have that light forever bright within you and radiate out to others." 

She shifted once again, drawing her body closer to him, "If that spark dies, what reason do I have to protect the others? So you have to make me a promise as well. Do not get mixed up with people like Laughing Coffin, do not look for us, don't even say our names. If you see an Orange Player, do not engage them by yourself. That light is for you to give to others, to have it swept away into darkness, that would be a real tragedy. Do you understand what I am asking of you?" 

When Opal told him about what she did to players he shook his head.  "First of all, while I don't know you as well as I'd like to, I know you had a very good reason for doing that.  I've been hearing rumors about players doing very terrible things with potions lately, potions that mess with the mind, and I can understand why you would do that.  Secondly when you tell me that I can't help but think of Batman.  Sorry if it sounds comical but that's what I think of.  He used fear, pain, everything criminals use on their prey to take them down.  A taste of their own medicine so to speak.  Unfortunately, in this world it takes more than that to remove them.  Which is why you can't follow his one rule right?  You say your hate has morphed into something ugly and deadly?  Same have said the same about Batman.  Yet people love him.  Why is that?  Because he's seen how dark this world can be, and he doesn't lie to himself.  No matter if all of Aincrad says it, even if people curse you for what you do Opal.  Remember that you are no monster unless your reason for killing them, becomes just for the sake of killing.  And from what I know about you, that will never happen."  As he listened to Opal's next words he began to blush slightly from all the compliments she was suddenly giving out.  He listened to her words and when she stopped he nodded.  "Alright.  I promise I won't.  But I'm guessing that you won't be a part of that group forever Opal.  I know the phrase keep your friends close and your enemies closer is true, but it's not one that works forever.  When you do leave them, remember that any time you need me I'll be there.  So I'll promise not to get involved, if you promise to see me when you need it.  Even if you just need a break to chat for a bit ok?  I understand why you shut yourself off from others, but don't shut yourself out completely.  At the very least you have me."

@Opal

"Batman? I suppose we have a lot of similarities in that regard. But I have, as you said, broken that golden rule of not to kill. Punishment such as death is a mercy given to those players. They deserve something far worse than that and I have done things far worse than killing a player. You can still torture players in this world. Our pain receptors are taken away, but the feeling of going mad remains. For people like me, you need to think outside of the box since pain is no longer a deciding factor. You have to know what other triggers a person will respond to given the right motivation." 

The woman shifted her leg and stared blankly at the sky above her. Upon the bench seat close to the found, she allowed her head to tip backwards, there were so many stars that night. All of them seemed to be shining and twinkling just as they would in the real world. Itzal had spoken about friendship once more, or something there of. The lack of human interest seemed to be beneficial for her. The more people that were not involved, the more she would be able to protect. People enjoyed humiliating friends of others out of spite. It was a tactic in the Laughing Coffin, don't attack the body but attack the heart of the player. That'll create a pain that will be worse than anything else, it would make you wish you could feel pain. 

Head shifting as she looked at Itzal and she simply nodded at him in response to his question. However she found it to be a little strange to confess her sins, so to speak, to a person she did not know very well. But all the same, he was nice enough to extend his hand not once but twice, "Perhaps in this world not everything is left up to chance, Itzal. Perhaps we are guided by the mystery of a fated road made for us to walk upon. I am uncertain of what are things to come, but I feel the wind of change is coming whether it's a good change or a bad one." 

Her eyes looked to him, her soft features showing through the relaxed nature of her speech. She perked her body up a little, twisted her foot around and brought it to her chest as the other dangled from the bench by the fountain, "You spoke of a Guild. It would be better not to give me names of the players, but how is that going for you? You guys have a goal in mind and you have a base of operations yet? I used to be the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, back when it actually meant something. We were supposed to be something Aincrad needed to lean on in dire times. But it seems my goals for them had died when I left. They are nothing more but a shadow of its former self. But I am hearing good things from others. Right now what Aincrad needs is Iron Hope and a strong foundation to help carry the people forward in the future without losing that hope." 

Opal talked about how she tortured certain victims and Itzal nodded.  "While that may be true, Batman pretty much did the same thing.  He beat the living s**t out of most of the criminals, and a lot more against his nemesis.  That doesn't make you evil Opal."  There was a pause in their discussion and he breathed in and let out a soft, relaxed sigh.  It truly was an unusually beautiful night he thought.  "I believe that anyone can be saved save for one circumstance:  They choose not to.  If they have no regret or guilt then how can they receive redemption?  It's those who feel bad for what they've done, or at least admit their fault, who stand a chance.  You don't seem to enjoy what you do, and yet you do it anyway to protect others.  You're taking all the blame aren't you?  You wish to take the hate from everyone else and carry it on your own?  I wouldn't say that's the best option but I'm not one to judge, and I trust you know what you're doing.  You're more experienced than I am after all."  He smiled when she agreed to his question and smiled.  "I'm glad.  I enjoy having these talks with you Opal.  Nobody is usually willing to go this deep without breaking down in some way.  It's nice to have a peaceful and civil conversation for once."  Then he heard Opal ask about his guild, but for some reason asked not to hear the names of his guildmates.  He nodded.  "Well our main goal is to help lower leveled players who want to get stronger or reach the frontlines to do just that.  There's a lot of players out there who want to rise but, since they don't know how, have a harder time doing just that or end up putting themselves in unnecessary danger.  I know we can't help every player in Aincrad, but we can do it one at a time.  Our leadership works like a council.  There's the tank paladin, dps paladin, scout paladin, and healer paladin.  We make decisions together.  Under us are the sentinels who help us find and train other players.  Under those are the apprentices, players still going through training.  We're still getting settled in the council part but once that's solid we shouldn't have much of a problem.  I'll only stay with the guild so long as our main priority is helping lower level players.  You were part of KoB?  What do you think of the guild now?  To be honest I see it becoming a prideful, selfish guild.  However I'm glad there are players like Macrodon.  Our meeting was brief but he seemed like a kind man."

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

"Yes, well that is what the Knights of the Blood Oath are. We, rather, they were never ones to be taken lightly. They were supposed to be a replacement for the Azure Brigade, and the way that things were going with that guild, we lost too many people due to horrible leadership. I believe Knights of the Blood could fill in that gap of leadership while maintaining the safety of the front lines. If they act snobbish, its because they have the right to do so. There is a lot of pride in that guild, you should be honored to wear the white and red." 

The woman shifted her hands over her lap, a downcast gaze towards the ground as her fingers locked into place. Rogue white hairs shifted from her eyes as she looked off into the distance towards their Guild Hall, "I would have done anything to preserve their power and their command on the frontlines. Even if it meant destroying a guild like the Azure Brigade, which in the end, I had done. The power struggle is no longer there and I still have hope they continue doing what they are meant to be doing and that is clearing floors."

The woman left off a glowing smile as shifted back to Itzal, "I'm glad you have a strong unity with your guild. As I had said before, we need more tanks helping the fight on the floor raids. I'm not sure if you have come to a Boss Meeting before, but next time there is one you should come. It would be good experience to learn and understand how they do things. I was bit of a bitch in the last meeting, I let my nerves get the best of me and I had a lot of angry eyes looking at me. Some harsh words were exchanged as well...But mostly I did it because I am always being followed, I am always being watched by someone in Laughing Coffin. Don't worry, no one is here now eavesdropping." The woman cleared her throat. She wondered if Commander Heathcliff was still angry with her, she would like to make right to him one day and explain why she did the things she had done. But she also understood that forgiveness does not come easy. She took away close friends to people in this world. There will be vendettas, and she would have to worry about the consequences of her actions with each day passing. 

As he listened to Opal talk about the knights of the bloodoath and how they had the right to be snobbish he listened to her closer.  When she finished he shrugged.  "I don't care much at all for drawing attention to myself.  I don't want to be a leader, or famous.  I just want to help others.  If what you say is true, the knights of the bloodoath is the last guild that would want someone like me.  I don't think I could stand all the pride that goes through that guild.  No offense of course, it's just not me."  He hovered his hand over the water while looking at the moon and stars in the reflection.  "When I remain discrete and just help others get stronger, so they can stand on their own.  When I don't hold myself higher than others.  It makes it easier to make friends I noticed.  But when you raise yourself to such a high pedestal," he let his hand touch the water which created ripples and pushed some leaves in the water farther to the other side.  "You drive others away.  All that's left are others who raise themselves up like you, and at that point it becomes a competition, not unity.  I'm not saying that's what the knights of the blood oath is.  That's just my own personal experience on pride.  It's dangerous and should not be taken lightly."  He watched as Opal gave him a glowing smile, which made him smile in return, and listened to what she had to say about boss meetings.  He thought about it for a little bit and nodded.  "Makes sense.  I do like to get information ahead of time anyways.  Even if I'm not participating.  And even if nobody else takes your side I won't let them hate on you.  At the very least not in the boss room.  And don't worry about the laughing coffin watching that sort of scenario.  If they do their research they'll see I'm often like that.  No reason to be suspicious right?"

@Opal

Opal leaned back on the bench, propping her knee up to her chest as her arms wrapped around the joint as the other extended out. Her gaze had lingered on the line of the horizon until Itzal began speaking of the Knights, "There is still honor in that guild, at least I hope there is. But the world is constantly in a flux of change. Tomorrow's Aincrad can be different than today's. Which is why there needs to be a strong Guild now that can pave the way through the floors. I wanted the Knights to be that Guild that Aincrad could lean on in favor, but I suppose our ideals are too different than what they should be." With her hair in a tight bun, the woman lifted her hand and began to gently tug at the ribbon that was holding it all together.

With a small pull from the lace, the ribbon began to become undone from itself and the long flowing white hair sprawled out over her seated body. With one hand pulling at the long strands of hair, the woman shifted her body once more and smiled, "They have every right to be suspicious. Normally a member of the guild doesn't talk to players, rather to kill them. But I don't very much feel like playing the deceptive game right now, should they watch and listen they are free to do so. There is already growing suspicion of me being a traitor, but that'll be taken care of soon. They already have one leg in the grave, soon I'll just hammer in the last nail. I just need a little more time." 

The woman balled her hand into a fist and then relaxed her digits. She was unsure of what to say next at this point. She just once more pulled a single leg up to her chest and hugged it there looking straight ahead. It was rare for her to be in company of others after playing the lone wolf for so long, it was difficult to transition between being Opal of the past with her current state of mind. 

Opal talked about how the guild still had honor and when she finished talking he nodded.  "Pride and honor are two different things.  I hope you're right in that sense and again, I'm not dissing it or anything like that, it's just not a guild I would join.  I wouldn't have joined a guild at all if it wasn't built for the exact purpose of helping lower levels.  But now that I'm part of a guild it feels good to an extent.  I just have to keep myself from working too hard."  He chuckled and listened to her talk about her position in the laughing coffin.  He nodded understandingly.  However there was one concern he had.  "You aren't going to try taking them all down on your own right?  Is there a way you could slip their hideout or other information to some trustworthy friends?  Maybe we could work together to take them down for good.  I'm sure there's several front liners who'd be willing to seize the chance to end them once and for all.  And if they don't believe you I could always vouch for you.  Either way, after you end or help to end the guild, you won't have to be so deceitful or sneaky around us right?  Maybe we could talk more then.  When that day comes I'll be looking forward to an invite," he said with a chuckle.  "But if you really intend on taking down the entire guild on your own, just please promise me to be careful ok?"  He saw her hands ball into a fist and then relax, and he looked at her expression.  He knew that one all too well.  Unsure of where to go next in the conversation.  It took him a very long time to get good at talking with others, and sometimes he still depended on them to help continue the conversation.  "Hey, I know I'm not nearly your level yet, but maybe one day you and I could spar from time to time?  I love a friendly duel because it can not only be fun, but it helps me learn a thing or two."

@Opal

"There is no other choice in the matter. It would be better to risk only myself rather than those I am striving to protect from the guild. I would not wish to put the stress on a frontliner player for they should die at the hands of a Coffin Member, what exactly is my job? And I would not bring someone who is not outfitted in the right levels to join my Crusade either, for the same reasons. I am not doing this to be selfless, but rather being selfish. This is my fight, and my Oath has been declared a long time ago that I would not involuntarily bring someone to harm." The woman had begun her statement on his previous question. Her eyes never drifted back to him as she explained her personal Crusade. In truth, only some of what she said was true. She wouldn't mind the help from others, but this was more for revenge with a cause sort of reason. There was a taint on her soul left by this Player Killer organization and each one of them had to pay dearly for the transgressions they have made upon her body. 

She looked back at Itzal briefly with a sweet smile, "But I did promise I would be careful. I will be fully prepared for when the hour strikes. And I promise, once I deal with them, we won't have to worry about Laughing Coffin much." She gave him a shallow shrug of her shoulders. She wasn't sure exactly how people would feel about her coming back as her previously instated self before this all happened. Before she was a careful woman within the ranks of the Knights.When she had betrayed them all, she had left her own taint on those people. To be forgiven of that would be a miracle in its own right, many would not understand, she might even have to end up killing some others along the way. But she brushed the side of her face, sweeping a rogue strand of hair away from her eyes.

"But you are forgetting one point. My fight will never be done, Itzal. So long as Orange Players roam, I will have a job to fulfil on exacting the revenge of the fallen. That is my current life right now. Taking down Laughing Coffin is but only step one, the Purge of Orange Crystals is a long and difficult road. I might end up killing more friends down the road because they have chosen a life of death. These things are inescapable for some players. Some fates are just sealed to be in solitude."

There were many things that lay heavy on her mind, it was a mission to cleanse the world of Orange Players, to instill such fear into people that they would never murder one another again. It could be done with the right power, she just had to get stronger and stronger. In a game of numbers, that's all that really mattered to anyone. Strength beyond strength. And her resolve was as hard as unweathered stone.

When he mentioned a duel, she blurted out a small laugh and her confidence and ego seemed to climb as she would boast, "You have some climbing to do if you ever wanna be a worthy challenge. New floors opening up soon, and that means all new tiers for us players fifty and above. However, should you ever wish to test your skills...I suppose I can tell you where you can find me. Unless you have the Tracking Mod, you can find me at Nimbus and Urbus. Urbus has a somewhat ghetto district to the west, you can usually find me drinking at the Drunken Serpent. Becareful of the Western District though, it is not friendly to people who's faces are unfamiliar. Green players who belong to other PK clans usually go there. Just be on your guard."  

He smiled after he heard what she had to say about the laughing coffin.  "I'm totally cool with you taking on the job alone if that's what you want, especially to protect others.  It makes sense.  And since you promised to be careful I expect to see you on the other side.  When the guild is taken down I expect you won't have to worry about being watched, so maybe we could hang out a little bit more after that."  He gave her a bright smile as he genuinely enjoyed hanging around this version of Opal.  Even if she appeared cruel and evil in public, he knew who she really was and nothing could change that now.  He then watched her brush her hair aside and talk a little more serious, speaking of her eternal mission.  He nodded.  "I completely understand.  We all have our own personally missions or goals that will last the rest of our lives.  Just don't let your mission consume you ok?  If you spot some red players ok, you can go after them.  But don't seek them out day after day ok?  Trust me, it's not exactly the healthiest life.  I should know," he chuckled as he recalled when all he did was train and nothing else.  She then gave out a small laugh and he grinned as she did so.  When she told him how he needed to climb a few levels he chuckled.  "Oh I don't doubt that, though I'm not worried about it either.  I'll work my way up."  Then she told him where he could find her until he gained the tracking mod.  He thought about what she said and nodded.  "Ok, that makes sense.  I tend to scout everywhere so if I do end up in that area with green pkers I'll be sure to be more cautious.  I have to admit that although I have grandmastered my sword skill, because I've focused on a scout build it will be some time before I work on increasing my damage, so for now most of my damage is in the bleed effect in my sword.  One day I'll get there though, and I'll give you a duel we'll both enjoy," he said with a grin. 

@Opal

A long squeaky yawn rolled from Opal as she had stretched her arms high into the sky. The chilly night combined with some wisdom exchange gave her plenty to delve into her mind on what to look forward into the future. It was because of people like Itzal that she wanted to protect these people and what made her fight as hard as she did. Eventually there would be a time where she too would have to face judgement from the masses. Taking the lives of friends, taking the lives of the enemies, all that for a peaceful tomorrow. Not once did she beckon her resolve to believe she was wrong, this was a justice that was demanded to be seen. Hurt begets hurt, pain begets pain and death begets more death. This is a cycle that would never run dry, not when you consider humans to be the ideal of protection. Sometimes you have to kill the few to save the many, some of these people did not understand that and there very could possibly be another way. But until then, they had to be put down. 

She lifted her body off that bench, her feet plopping to the ground as she gave a spin around to meet Itzal features. She gave a low smile and took a step forward, her arms unraveled from her figure as she gave him a small, yet tight hug, "You were a good friend tonight, someone I enjoyed speaking with. For someone such as random as a meeting between the two of us, you sure have surprised me. Continuing to live, that should be your mission." 

The woman leaned back up and dropped her arms to the side, "There is a lot of days ahead for us in the future. A future though that is certain. We both gotta soldier on sometimes making the hard yet needed decisions in life. However, they have to be certain and set in stone and unshakable. The moment it breaks, the moment your ideals and everything you have done becomes nothing. I will remember that." The woman lifted her hand over her menu and squinted at the time. 

"Time for bed, at least for myself. Remember Itzal, I need to walk away from you as an enemy. And I need to tell you, if I ever see you again, I will have no choice but to remove you from this world. But we both know the truth of what kind of person I am. Whatever you do, don't do anything stupid like killing another player." The woman turned her back to him and smiled, "I don't want to have to hunt down a friend." 

When Opal moved Itzal turned to her.  When she hugged him, the lack of skin combined with the suddenness brought just a touch of red to his cheeks.  However he returned the hug, making sure to touch her clothes and not her skin.  He listened to what she said before they separated again and he listened to what she had to say afterwards.  She told him she needed to head out and after her final words he smiled to Opal.  "You know I won't kill anyone unless it is in self defense or if someone close to me is about to be murdered.  And even then I hope I don't have to kill.  Nothing will change that Opal, on that I bet my life.  As for what you say about us being enemy's, I'm going to go ahead and assume that's while the laughing coffin is up and running.  Therefore I'll see you after it falls ok?  When you're done with them you mind sending me a message?  Hopefully I'll be an even level with you by then and we could have a proper duel."  He winked when he said so and as they rose he raised his hand to offer her one last action in friendship before they departed for a while.  "I won't let you down Opal.  I intend to keep not only myself in the light, but help others get there too.  Whether you die or live, I'll be there every step of the way.  Hopefully I'll get to meet you in the real world as well."

@Opal