[PP-F1] Treasure, Treasure and more Treasure! (w/ ROW)

The streets of Starting City were filled with players as well as NPCs. People were milling about their business and Zulas was standing in front of a store. He was debating whether to go in or not. The displays were very tempting clothes of fine colors and threads. He looked inside through the store's window pane in order to get a better look at the merchandise. After a while he finally made up his mind to go in, but something in the corner of his caught his attention. A flash of purple hair caught his attention as it headed in his direction and he moved out of the way before the girl possessing it ran into him. 

"Whoah!" - he exclaimed avoiding the collision with the oncoming girl. He kept looking at girl, even as soon as she was past him and out the front gate of the city towards the wilderness. He had never seen the girl before, but that was normal for him. He hadn't met a lot of people, but he thought there was something about the girl that just past him. 

Zulas thought about it once more and then decided to follow the girl, the hurried nature of the girl seemed a bit off to him. Also, if she was knew to the game, he didn't want her to die because of a stupid mistake like taking on more than one monster by herself. 

@Row

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entering this thread with the following stats and gear

Spoiler

Item: Iron Spear (1h Spear)
Quality: Good

Item: Deflective Gauntlets (Heavy Armor)
Quality:Perfect
Tier: 1
Enchantment:  27 Mit (3 mit slots)

Item: Dragon Scales (earnings)
Quality:rare
Tier: 1
Enchantment:+2 LD

Health: 20
Dmg: 1
Mit: 27
LD: 3

With the new gear she was gifted, Row was on her first treasure hunt. She did not know how long it would take before she located something worth wild but any hopes of finding anything would make this quest worth it. With all the new players around her, she knew she had to work fast to find a spot alone. Running to the gate she saw someone appear out of no where and nearly knocker her down. Lucky for her, he had way better balance and avoided her all together without even falling.

Most people Row knew would be upset at the fact of almost being knocked down from some stranger, however she saw this different. This man was clearly good on his feet. A smile grew on her face as she looked back at the man. "Wow, you didn't fall flat on your face. Amazing! I totally would have fell and landed on my face." 

Edited by Row

Zulas looked at the girl who responded back to him. "You shouldn't be running like that. Somebody could get hurt." - he managed to say.

The purple/white hair of the girl fluttered around her body. There was an aura of eagerness about her, like she would probably leave him in the dust if he tried to follow her. "The name's Zulas." - he said extending his hand towards the girl. It's been a while since he had met someone in this place, much less a friend. There's only one that would consider himself friends with, but Zulas doesn't know if that person considers him a friend back.

The swordsman looked at the girl expectantly, waiting to see her reaction towards his extended hand. It was a this time that Zulas noticed the armor the girl was wearing, he thought they seem a bit big for her. It looked like she was wearing clothes that were twice her size and it made her look a bit comical, although Zulas avoided saying this out loud. All he could manage was a simple smile.

Row dropped her head, as she was being scold. She guessed he was right, but then again, wasn't this just a game? Would people really get hurt if she bumped them? Could she even bump people? This game was so different from anything else she has played. "Sorry Sorry, I did not know it was dangerous. But thank you Mister!" She gave a quick bow to complete the gesture before seeing the man's hand. 

"Zu...las," She repeated slowly to remember the sounds. A huge smile grew on her face as she returned her armor gauntlets to her inventory and gently grabbed his hand with both of hers. "Hi Zulas-san. My name is Omi Rei World but you can just call me Row." Touching his hand was a little shocking to her. This whole feeling things in videogames was still new to her and it was amazing that she could actually feel other players. "Wow you really can touch other people. This is not like most games I play on the computer." She released his hand and stared into hers. "I have so much to learn about this game. I guess I shouldn't have skipped the tutorial." She giggled and returned her gaze to the player in front of her with a smile.

Edited by Row

Zulas actually couldn't hold back a small laugh. It had been a long time since somebody made him laugh like that. "Yes, you shouldn't have skipped it." - he said jokingly. "But it doesn't matter, it's better that you learn by doing.", he explained to her. "Row, then? Sounds good. Nice to meet you." - he said with a smile

Zulas stared back at her and looked deep into her eyes, and he noticed that they were full of wonder and excitement. I had that same look once, a long time. He smiled back at her and asked her, "So, Row, where are you running off to?".

He looked around but nobody was looking at them, so it seemed that it was completely normal that people bumped into each other in the middle of the street. He turned his attention back to the young girl, intrigued on hearing her answer, if she gave one at all. It seems that this girl was a mystery to him, just like all the others in this game. Well, not all.

Edited by Zulas

"Well," she said while clapping her hands. "I want to look for some treasure and col. I have this skill called Search and Detect which is supposed to give me better drops." She turned to the gate and pointed giggling. "Finding these good drops will be the first part of my ultimate plan to escape this game alive." She then turned back to Zulas smiling brighter than ever, obvious to the dangers her plans will face. Her true intentions where to become a big merchant and use that to supply herself and the front line players but that was way into the future. Right now she was just a lowly level 1 and still learning the ropes.

"What do you think Zulas-san, is it not a great idea. I love treasure like rare gear and shiny weapons. I also bet people would pay a lot of good money for them too." 

Zulas thought for a moment as Row beamed at him. "Well, I hadn't thought of it that way." - he managed to say after a minute pondering over it. "One thing I will say though is that I'll never say no to leveling up."

The young swordsman pulled down his right hand, making the system menu pop up. In it he did a bit of searching, now and then glancing towards Row, and finally found what he was looking for. "How about this?" - he said while he pressed one final button. "Let's make a party and, that way, we can help each other." The window popped up for Zulas with the message 'Invite player?' and he pressed the button that ultimately sent invitation to the girl standing in front of him.

"What do you say?" - he managed to ask the girl with a smile on his face. The prospect of partying up with another player helped Zulas figure out that hanging out with people wasn't that bad. He didn't what the future held for him but one thing was certain, it's all thanks to you.

Row jumped back after the mysterious box of color suddenly appeared in her face. However, when she jumped back, the box followed, hinting that it was part of the ui, or a magical monster of evil. Since the City was a safe zone, she deduced the prior pretty quickly. "Zulas invites you to his party. Do you accept?" she read slowly. After a brief pause, she realized what it meant. "Oh party request. Yes, yes. Treasure hunting is always funnier with friends ya know." She raised her finger and poked the yes button, "Ding, Accepted." Then she clapped her hands together and turned to Zulas, "Ok, I partied up. What happens now? I know games do different things but I normally stay away from these systems. Do we get bonus exp, stats, super cool combination attacks? Oh this is so exciting!" She started spinning around as she dreamed of the possibility of getting extra treasure from being on a team. 

Edited by Row

Zulas nodded as Row's name appeared under his on the top left of his vision. "So, you would need to level up first in order to find good loot in the higher floors." - he stated to his eager party member. "We can start with some easy mobs first, and then move on to the ones that will give a better chance for some loot. Does that sound good?"

He looked at Row, and could see the excitement on her face when he said the word loot. It made him chuckle a bit, but also worry that she might be taking this as an actual game. Well, it's good to have fun but it'd be prudent to remember that if you die in the game, you die in real life. He shook he his head to rid himself of the probable grim expression he had on his face, and smiled down at the girl. 

"If it does, we can head out as soon as you're ready." - he said already knowing what the answer would be.

"Level up, Aww no fun," She dropped her head and started digging her boot into a virtual tile. "Well then what is the fastest way to do that? The treasures need me... ya know." She turned back to Zulas and dropped her fist into her palm. Even though it would be a pain, she knew great things come with time, and thus are worth more money. 

With the higher levels approval, she started running to the gate. The treasure was not going to find itself you. "Hurry up slow Zulas-san, time is money!" She opened the inventory, equipping her gauntlets, shield, and spear. Each item flashed over the selective body part on which they would be equipped too before fully appearing. "Oh I heard that if group a bunch of monsters, we can then use AOEs to kill them all and get a lot of exp correct? Let's do it!"

Edited by Row

Zulas couldn't help but laugh at Row's comment on leveling up. He followed behind her at a brisk pace, she was almost running towards the entrance of the town. "Slow down, Row. Let's go to the easy areas first." - he called after her. He didn't know if she heard him or not, so he started to jog after her. Even though most of the monsters were fairly easy on this floor, being level one was still tough. 

Zulas was never this excited for anything, so seeing someone as Row walking around and sounding very enthusiastic made him feel different. The idea of somehow obtaining that kind of happiness had never crossed his mind. It had been years since he'd been around that kind of emotion. He had forgotten what it felt to be that happy, what it felt to be in the presence of others who brought him the joy he know felt. That had only happened once in his life, and it was a long time ago. Then, when it left him he didn't know how to cope without it... without her.

In his thinking, he had lost sight of Row. She had already left the town, but he didn't know where she went. "Row! Where are you?" - he shouted hoping that she would respond back.

It did not take long before Row's enthusiasm separated her from the safe guidance of Zulas. Still very new to the game, she lacked the realization of how dangerous this world truly was. While she heard the stories about what happens if you die, it was just something she could not wrap her head around nor understand. It was a game after all. Why would you not come back to life? Why would someone want to play something like this? It was a grim warning for sure and while she never really forgot it, the thought just stayed in the back of her mind. For now, all she could think about was moving forward, going home, and selling this game at an auction with a hefty price tag. She was sure someone would want to buy it from a survivor. However, first she would have to get out and find enough treasure to build her own empire that could fund the frontliners. 

Running through the fields, she ran into a boar. It looked so peaceful and full of treasure, thus it would be her first victim. She jumped on top of the boar and prepared to attack it, however she stopped after hearing Zulas voice. 

"Over here Zulas-san. I found a treasure Boar!"

"Treasure" Boar (just a normal boar)
4Hp
10 Dmg

Zulas heard the mention of his name, and looked in the direction of the voice. He saw Row on top of a boar and facepalmed. "What are you doing? That's dangerous." - he said when he saw the boar move frantically trying to shake the unwanted passenger off its back. Zulas equipped his sword while he ran forward and put its hands where it was supposed to appear. As soon as it did, he was on the boar already and moved his sword to the position where the automated system did the rest. 

ID# 70114 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss)

MOB: 4 (Miss)

His sword moved in three quick succession swipes, but he stopped in midair as the frantic movement almost caught Row. The boar kept jumping and kicking, focusing on Zulas as he was the new intruder. Row being on top of him created enough weight for him to be slow, and he missed Zulas as well. 

"Row, get off of it!" - Zulas warned to the young gir. He hoped that she would listen, but from what short of a time he'd spend with her, he knew that it wasn't likely.

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 3/10

Boar: HP 4/4

Edited by Zulas

As the boar started kicking in its struggle to rid itself of its unwanted passenger, Row held on for dear life. The boar jumped and kicked more and more frantically but the shear weight of the girl's armor panted her in place and as long as she did not let go, the boar's attempts would be unsuccessful. It would not be until Zulas called her that the eager girl would release her grip of the creature. "But the beast is weakening." Then boar suddenly stopped moving and snorted. Row suddenly realized her mistake of letting go and was flicked off by the boar in one last kick. Flying near Zulas, she screamed and landed on the ground. "Aww, Zulas i was having so much fun." She pulled out her starter spear and faced the beast head on. "Ok time for me to play seriously!" 

ID# 70117

Battle 9
Row crit the boar for 2 damage

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 8/10 hate 1
Boar: HP 2/4
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 2

She charged at the beast and stabbed it in the face with her spear. 

Edited by Row

Zulas stepped back as Row charged in and struck the boar with her spear. The girl seemed comfortable in what she was doing, so Zulas waited in the back for her to finish off the boar herself. It would seem like it could be a good bit of experience for her. "I liked that. That was a good thrust." - he praised her.

Zulas looked around to make sure that other monsters weren't close. As he surveyed the area he found something that would be interesting and it would garner loot. It was a much bigger boar, about twice as big as the one that they were fighting right now. It stood on its four legs about a dozen yards from where they were, so they weren't in any danger of being attacked but Zulas still kept an eye on it. The tusks on the boar seemed about double the length and its legs were bigger, so Zulas thought that it would be the perfect prey. Still, he had to be careful because they could surprise you. "Hey, Row... once you finish that up, I can show you what an actual 'Treasure' boar is." - he told his companion. 

Row grinned after receiving the complement. She kept facing the creature but she already started to daydream about her glory. "Thank you, thank you. It was nothing really," she responded while imagining herself on top of the boar. All the players were cheering her on while col and rare items rain from the sky. Back in the Virtual world, the boar started moving to the side as it prepared its next strike. After noticing that Row was not paying full attention, he stopped and snorted. Kicking up dirt, the boar prepared its charge. Standing in its stance, it waited the perfect opening.

Then Zulas said the magic word. Row instantly turned around, "Wait, there are real Treasure Boars? Oh, my, God!" She ended with a squeal. Like a director yelling action to start a scene, the girl’s cry signaled the boar to charge at her.

ID# 70131

Battle: 4 MOB: 8
The boar hit Row for 1. Row missed her attack.

The boar rammed her in the back, sending her flying several feet into the air. "Ouch! stupid pig." After hitting the ground. She got up and Charged the bull, hoping to hit it with the same thrush. Sadly the boar dodged.

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 8/10 hate 1
Boar: HP 2/4
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3

Edited by Row

Zulas couldn't help but chuckle at Row's movement from the air. It seemed like something out of a cheer-leading competition. Zulas had to admit that the girl had potential, the way she shook off the attack and headed straight for the boar again. He saw that the monster had already lost half its HP to Row's attack, but he still kept glancing in the direction of the more powerful boar. It kept moving from patch of grass to patch of grass near to where they were fighting the now almost dead boar. 

"Shake it off. You'll be fine." - he encouraged Row. He knew that there was a way to edge her on and finish the monster, "Think about the loot we're going to have when we kill the other boar. It's going to go away if you keep playing around with that one." 

Zulas kept looking at how Row stood defiantly in front of the boar, with the creature getting ready to charge. Zulas could feel that the fight was close to being finished, but he would only sit back and watch.

The boar squealed as it avoided Row's strike. Satisfied with it's strike and the fact that it avoided her counter attack, it kicked up more dust it while returning to its position. The creature waved it's tusk around, hinting that they would be involved in its next attack. Row on the other hand chuckled. While she did not drop her smile, it meaning shifted from a happy fun loving one to a more dark and twisted one. How dare that boar make a fool out of her like that in front of Zulas-san. Now she was totally going to be serious as cereal for the rest of this fight. She had to or else she could miss the chance to find the Real Treasure boar! "Ok Zulas-senpai I am super cereal now hehe!"

With that she held her spear tightly and waited for the boar to charge her again.

ID# 70137
Battle: 6 MOB: 8

The boar hit Row for 1, Row hit the boar for 1.

The boar charged at her but it did not ram her. Once entering melee range, it spun around as Row tried to dodge and cut her with its sharp tusk. "Ouch! That's it! R-O-W COUNTER!" her spear swept horizontally, cutting the boar in the face.

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 9/10 hate 1
Boar: HP 1/4
Row: HP 18/20 Energy 0/1 hate 4

Edited by Row

The boar seemed like a formidable adversary right now for Row. He didn't know if she was up to the task of handling tougher monsters, those that would certainly dropped col and loot. Although, again he was impressed at her tenacity to not stay down and come back with a hit herself. "Nice comeback." - he told her after she cut the boar across the face. The boars health bar had already dropped to the red zone, so it was almost likely that it would die with the next hit. Zulas kept looking at his party member's health bar but wasn't worried, he knew that it wouldn't even drop to half way. He decided to give her one last comment of encouragement, "Alright, bring it home. Just one more and you'll have your first monster kill."

The boar grunted in response to Zulas comment, as if angry with his words. He looked at the boar and shrugged, "Sorry."

As if struck with rage at the fact that it was losing, the boar suddenly started throwing a tantrum. It squealed and hollered while kicking its feet up in the air like a wild bull. It turned to Zulas and Snorted loudly as if threatening the other player but in truth, it still planned to take out the newbie player first. Stomping its front feet into the ground it growled and then started running at Row. The girl moved out the way, easily dodging the attack however something did not seem right. This charge seemed way slower then the normal ones. While she did manage to dodge one before, that was way too easy compared to last time. Then it hit her. "Uh... Zulas-senpai, do these boar mobs have super at..." Before she could finish, the boar turned around and dashed at her faster then ever.

ID# 70143
Battle: 8 MOB: 7
The boar hit Row for 1. Row hit the boar for 1, killing it. It did not drop loot due to Requirements not being met.

The boar jumped into the air and nailed Row in the chest. Before she was knocked back, she managed to stab it in the side. She flew back several meters, tumbling through the field. She came to a stop on her back and lied flat on the ground. The boar stood for only a few seconds before dropping to the ground and turning to data. Despite her victory, Row did not get back up and lied motionless on the ground.

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 10/10 hate 1
Boar: HP 0/4 (dead)
Row: HP 17/20 Energy 0/1 hate 4

Edited by Row