[PP-F1] Treasure, Treasure and more Treasure! (w/ ROW)

Zulas knew the question that Row was going to ask, but never finished. Both the boar and the girl hit each other at the same time, but he saw the health bar of the monster drop to zero. Even though the boar exploded into a million pixels, the girl didn't get up from the ground. Zulas walked up to the girl and put his hand towards her to help her up, "Hey, that was a bit reckless." - he chuckled. 

"It was a good fight though." - he added. He hoped the girl was alright, as she didn't seem to be moving. He managed to look at her for the first time and blushed when the sunlight hit the young girl's face. She looked at peace lying there on the ground but he knew that she would soon get up. "I think we should call this a day, don't you?" - he asked the girl who had kept her eyes closed the whole time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Row moaned before opening up one eye. Slowly the blurry world came into focus and she saw Zulas standing over her holding out his hand. "Did I win?" She reached out and grabbed his hand, allowing him to pick her up. "They say you gotta take risk if you want to be successful senpai." She despawned her weapon before brushing off the dust and dirt from her outfit. "This game is so different, its almost a challenge to remember how dangerous everything is." Looking around she let out a sigh. She worked hard to kill the creature but nothing dropped. No col, no items, or any real reward could be found. Worst of all, the fight was mentally exhausting. She nodded though she was too tired to make a smile. Her chest was completely red after the boar's attack but it regain its normal color after a few seconds. The only signs that showed she was in combat left was the missing hp from her health bar. "Next time though, you have to take me to the Treasure..." she yawned before finishing, "That treasure boar. Promise Senpai?" She turned away folding her arms as that was all she had the energy to do. Only when he agreed would she budge to respond to him.

Zulas looked at Row for a moment, deep in thought. He was debating what to answer to her, but nothing came to mind. He knew that he had promised, but he knew that she wasn't ready yet for a monster that dropped the kind of loot that she wanted. He gave a heavy sigh of defeat, "Yeah, I will.". All of a sudden, Zulas sprung into action and shoved Row out of the way. The boar that he had been keeping an eye, caught him by surprise while he was helping her up. It charged towards them, likely his attention drawn because of the fight. He let the boar come towards him as he moved to stand where Row previously stood. 

ID# 70165 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss)

MOB: 8 (DMG 10)

Zulas caught the brunt of the boars attack and got pushed backwards. He only took a few steps back and quickly glanced in the direction of Row, making sure that she had landed a safe distance away. He knew that he had pushed her hard, but it was worth it if it meant to get her out of harm's way. "Row, stay back!" - Zulas warned to the girl as the boar circled around to lead another attack.

Zulas: HP 90/100; Energy 10/10

'Treasure' Boar: HP 50/50 DMG 10 (Loot Parameter Mob)

Edited by Zulas

After Zulas agreed to keep his promise, she started to turn around. Then he pushed her for some reason, very hard at that. It was not long before that reason became very clear. A giant boar, compared to the one she just fought, suddenly appeared and tackled Zulas. "SENPAI!" As she got up she panicked to open up her U.I. Summoning her spear, she started to run Zulas stopped her. She looked at his heath to see it dropped a lot. Clearly, this boar was stronger than the one she fought. "Senpai... I." She did not want to make him worry but she could not just watch and do nothing. Gripping her spear tightly she waited until she was out of the boar's sights and then ran in. You have to take risk if you want to win.

ID# 70178 results:
Battle: 5
Row missed the boar.

'Treasure' Boar: HP 50/50
Zulas: HP 90/100; Energy 8/10 hate 0
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 0

"Senpai, I won't let you fight alone!" She gave out a battle cry in hopes to pull out the energy to join this new fight but all it ended up doing was making the creature aware of her presences. As she thrust her spear, the creature sided stepped to the left.

Edited by Row

Zulas stood upright and readied his combat stance. He groaned as his body complained to his movements, but he still gripped his sword and focused on the boar. "If you do insist, just let it focus on me and then attack from behind." - he instructed her. Zulas knew that he wouldn't be able to protect her and fight the monster at the same time. He could only keep the boars attention focused on him while she attacked from behind. The boar sped up and headed towards Zulas with its tusk first, its nostrils flared up with each step. Zulas also stepped in for the attack with his sword ready to let the automated system do its work.

ID# 70179 results:

Battle: 1 (miss)

MOB: 7 (DMG 10)

Zulas stepped for the attack, but his movement felt erratic. He kept glancing towards Row, making sure that she kept a safe distance from the boar. That's all the time the boar needed to connect again with Zulas's chest. This time, the boar hit him with all its might and send the swordsman tumbling backwards. Zulas managed to stand up, but he was panting a bit waiting for the pain subside and go in the attack again. "This boar is starting to piss me off." - he whispered to himself.

Zulas: HP 80/100; Energy 6/10

'Treasure' Boar: HP 50/50 DMG 10

Edited by Zulas

This boar was crazy strong. Zulas was getting knocked around like crazy and it already dodged three attacks. Come to think of it, the last boar did dodge alot of attacks. The last time she remember fighting such an evasive enemy was that rouge in another generic computer mmorpg. Even then, that rouge was max level and was geared to dodge. She doubted these boars had an evasion boost, so that just meant they were just super skilled in combat. That or this game had some weird RnG aspect that she could not see and the RnG gods did not like them but that only happens in anime. 

Still she had to do something or else her friend might die. Running up to the boar she raised her spear and let out another battle cry Then she jumped into the air and launched a mid air assault.

ID# 70210 results:
 Battle: 9
Row crits the boar for 2 and gains agro.

Her spear impaled the back of the virtual creature as if she was cutting into jello. As she landed, she pulled her weapon through the boar creating a crescent like cut.

Treasure' Boar: HP 48/50
Zulas: HP 85/100; Energy 7/10 hate 0
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 2

Edited by Row

Zulas knew that he had to end the battle quickly, for Row's sake. He knew that the boar had already noticed Row's presence, so he had to act quickly and draw the boar's attention himself. It wasn't a very difficult monster, but he was having a hard time concentrating due to keeping an eye on Row. He glanced in her direction as he got from the ground, he could see a fierce determination in her expression. This made him smile as he composed himself, panting a bit trying to calm his nerves and focusing on the enemy in front of him. His little time spent with Row let him know that she wasn't going to stop attacking the boar, so he needed to help her in defeating it quickly. Prolonging it meant that one of them could die at any moment. He raised his weapon and jumped forward at the creature with his weapon guided by the automated system.

ID: 70253 | BD: 8+1=9 (Keen) | MD: 1

Sword Art: Snake Bite | -3 EN | 2 Base x 3 Sword Art = 6 Damage to Boar (Bleed effect)

Zulas weapon moved by itself, a blue light traced around each of the swings it took to perform his Sword Art. Every movement struck true in the body of the boar but the last one was the deepest one. It cut across his face, creating a deep gash under the monster's eye. Zulas sword dripped blood all the way down to the ground, but it disappeared before it hit the ground. His eyes narrowed and he stared at the monster's eye, "Row, you ok?" - he asked without looking in the direction of his party member. He said it out loud but he could see her HP bar still completely filled. The boar tried to attack but when it got caught, it became erratic and thrashed wildly. It settled after a while, but the wound under its eye did not go away, evidence of the Bleed effect on Zulas's weapon.

Treasure' Boar: HP 30/50 (-12 Bleed)
Zulas: HP 90/100; Energy 4/10 hate 1 (Battlehealing)
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 2

Edited by Zulas

(. Since Zulas is controlling the boar, I will use his roll results to determine its results 70253  Mob 1)

The boar squealed after taking multiple hits from that sword art attack. Its hp dropped significantly despite it being affected with only one attack. If she was correct, the highest amount of damage the system would let her do was three, and yet Zulas was able to dish out six damage. This did not include the damage the creature would suffer from the bleed damage. While admiring this strength the boar started running at Row who seemed to have the higher aggro still. "Kyaaa, Nice try Treasure Boar-san but I am ready!" Row jumps over the boar, easily avoiding the predictable attack. With its back turned to her, she prepared her assault 

ID# 70349 results:
 Battle: 6
Row hits the boar for 1

The boar's hp dropped as a result from the bleeding damage left behind by Zulas bringing the creature to about 60 percent of hits hp. This was a guess though as she did not have time to perform arithmetic in the middle of an attack unless it involved money. Still this brief moment was the perfect chance to hit the boar. Running at the boar, she thrust her spear and stabbed it from behind. While it did no where near the damage that Zulas did, she liked to believe that every little hit helped. 

Treasure' Boar: HP 29/50 (-12 Bleed 1 turn left)
Zulas: HP 90/100; Energy 5/10 hate 1 (Battlehealing)
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3 

(Sorry this post took so long. I was waiting for you to mod your post)

Edited by Row

Zulas saw Row head towards the boar and attack it with her spear. He had a bit of a newfound respect for the girl and her bravery. Well, he didn't know if it was bravery or foolishness but he didn't question it. The boar was becoming a bit erratic right now, something that hadn't happened before. Zulas could see that the wound he inflicted upon it was still having the desired effect. The HP of the monster was almost at the halfway mark and soon would drop into the yellow zone. It would only take a couple of more hits, with the added Bleed effect, for it to be killed.

ID: 70406 | BD: 6+1=7 (Keen) | MD: 6 (10 DMG)

Sword Art: Snake Bite | -3 EN | 2 Base x 3 Sword Art = 6 Damage to Boar

"It's my turn now." - he told Row as he sped past her towards the enemy. The sword in his hand doing the necessary preparation for his attack, swiping rapidly in three consecutive motions. The attacks didn't have the desired effect but they still hit the boar for a decent amount of damage. The idea was to try and get the boars attention towards him and take it off Row. Unfortunately, that didn't happen but Zulas knew that he would have to try. He had decided that he wouldn't let her die, no matter what.

Spoiler

Treasure' Boar: HP 11/50 (-12 Bleed 0 turn left)
Zulas: HP 95/100; Energy 2/10 hate 2 (Battlehealing)
Row: HP 20/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3 

Edited by Zulas

Row watched as another furry of blades found its way into the monster.  Combined with the bleeding status ailment, the total damage was going to be heavy. She stood there watching the boar's health bar drop slowly at first. Then after a brief pause, it started to drop more rapidly as blood dripped from its wound in the last round of attacks. This drop brought the health bar into the red. If Zulas could land 1 crit then the match would be over. However, that just did not sit well with her. If this was the treasure boar and she was the treasure hunter, would it not be best for her to kill it?. In mid thought she felt a set of tusk throw her into the air. 

She cried as she fell to the ground. To think her luck would run out and she would finally get hit. Lying on the ground, her mind wanted to go to sleep. A wave of exhaustion hit her, reminding the girl that she already fought in a tough battle. She grit her teeth and forced her self up. Her body was responsive as normal, do to this being a game, but every knew though came slower. She yawned but held her ground. Even if she was tired, she was a treasure hunter first and a human second. Well technically she was a business girl first but that was not applicable right now.

"Zulas-senpai. Let me fight this boar alone. As a treasure hunter,  I want to go again the dice gods with my own luck"

ID# 70435 results: Battle: 1

Row missed.

Row ran to boar and swung her spear down but the boar dodged it.

Treasure' Boar: HP 11/50 
Zulas: HP 95/100; Energy 3/10 hate 2 (Battlehealing) 
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3 

Edited by Row

Zulas heard Row's comment and understood her feelings, she wanted to proof herself; not to him but to herself. She wanted to prove that she could survive in this world, something that he had also done in the past. One thing that she would find out is that in this game you won't survive by yourself. Zulas found out the hard way that he wouldn't possible survive if he was always doing things by himself. Zulas could see that Row was struggling with herself, she knew that she needed the help but didn't want to depend on it.

She will forgive me eventually, but I'm not going to let her die. I let Her die... but I won't make the same mistake, he thought to himself. Those were the thoughts that clouded his mind as Row tried to thrust the boar, which evaded the attack with ease. He could see that she was struggling against this more powerful opponent. Before the boar could attack again, he stepped in between both the monster and its prey. 

ID: 70530 | BD: 2 (Miss) | MD: 3 (Miss)

Zulas stepped in between the both of them surprising the boar in the process, making it miss the attack that came towards Row. "Ok, this is your chance now, Row. Hit it while it's distracted." - he said with a bit of authority. He didn't know where the voice came from but he hoped that it would give his party member the inspiration she needed.

Spoiler

Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 5/10 hate 2 (Battlehealing) 
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3

Edited by Zulas

"Senpai. I understand you are worry for me but I really think I can win. Please trust me..." Despite Zulas's suggestion, it was her who became distracted. To make matters worse, it was at this time that the boar started its charge. It galloped and squealed which was Row's only clue that it started it's attack. Lucky for her, it was the only clue she needed. She turned to the boar, "Opps..." She dived away from the boar just in time, though it was not the most graceful motion she made. She rolled onto her back as she watched the boar stop its charge just pass her. "I was not ready boar... but how about I give you a taste of your own medicine."

ID# 70595 results:
 Battle: 8
Row hit the boar for 1.

She kicked up her feet, rolling into a one-hand handstand; simultaneously, she swung her spear slashing it from the side. As her body rotated, she launched her self to her feet with her hand. "Wow, I couldn't do that in the real world haha. This game is fun!"

Zulas: HP 95/100; Energy 2/10 hate 2 (Battlehealing) 
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1 hate 4

Edited by Row

Zulas listened to her companion's words and they drove home for some reason. He had expected her to be this small girl that would most likely need saving from this death world, but it turned out to be the other way around. He saw as she evaded the boar with not so much grace, but with quick reflexes all the same. The boar charged towards her, and he saw how she danced around him while striking back at the animal. Zulas didn't know what to do now, he really wanted to help her but at the same time he felt the need to respect her wishes. 

Why do I hesitate so much, was the thought that ran through his mind. It would be easy to get rid of the monster once and for all but he didn't want to make her upset with him. Ultimately, Zulas decided to stand back, but keep his sword at the ready just in case he needed to jump at any moment. "Alright." - was all he said in agreement. His worried gaze changed between both the girl and the creature, but accepting that it was her fight and not his.

Spoiler

Treasure' Boar: HP 11/50 
Zulas: HP 100/100; Energy 4/10 hate 2 (Battlehealing) 
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1 hate 3 

Row noticed that Zulas was backing away from the fight. He did not drop his weapon but he did not attack the boar. She smiled and turned to the boar. Gripping her weapon tightly, she spun out above her head. The weapon slipped and fell to her side. "Darn it... I can never pull off that trick." Bending over to pick up the weapon, she did not see the boar charging at her. Its tusk swung wildly, as it closed in the the unsuspecting treasure hunter. Row looked up to see that she was being attacked much earlier than normal. She picked up her spear and started jumping back to prepare for a counter attack. At worst she might get hit, but she was sure that she was going to be able it hit it hard right back. 

ID# 70982 results:

Battle: 8 MOB: 4

The boar missed row. Row hit the boar for 1.

Treasure' Boar: HP 10/50 
Row: HP 19/20 Energy 0/1  hate 5

Row jumped back one last time, dodging the boars head bash. After the boar hit the ground, she swung her spear and struck the creature on the head. 

Edited by Row

Zulas kept seeing the attacks and counterattacks that Row hit the boar with. One thing that he knew was that she possessed good reflexes, although not a lot of technique. The boar moved around her and when it attacked she managed to dodge at the last second. "Good dodge." - he muttered under his breath. The way she moved made it seem like she was a natural or at least someone with much experience in this world. He was sure the system helped most of the time, but there had to be a natural battle instinct within the player. 

The health bar over the boar was depleting at a slow rate, but he would respect his party member's decision. He would stay back unless he was needed, but he felt that it wouldn't be any time soon. He felt his hands relax on his sword but it never went back on it sheath, it stayed lowered at his side. "Don't be afraid to get hi, if that means that you might deal a good hit." - he called out to her.

"Me afraid? Hah, Treasure hunters are fearless. We do whatever it takes to get the treasure senpai!" The boar was still squealing after the devastating counter blow she gave it. Its face was lodged into the ground as it struggled to free its tusk. Row took her distance, not wanting to fall to another surprise attack. Returning to what Zulas said, Row imaged herself as a tank this game and thus she was not afraid of being hit. If anything, she welcomed it if she could get a good counter attack off. Still, she would prefer not to get knocked round by the pig mob in order to remain cool in her senpai's eyes.

ID# 70986 results:

Battle: 9 MOB: 9
Boar hit row for 1. Row hit bow for 2

The boar continued to pull against the dirt. Well if the boar was going to play around then maybe she could get a free hit. She ran to the boar raising her spear when suddenly the boar's head came out of the ground and it jumped into the air and headbutted Row. She flew into the air but managed to recover and dive down, piecing the boar.

Treasure' Boar: HP 8/50 
Row: HP 18/20 Energy 0/1  hate 7

Edited by Row

Zulas saw the blow exchange with a intent gaze, analyzing both his companion's and the monster's movements. The aerial movements performed by Row were impressive, more proof to the point that she seemed like a natural player. The boar squealed in pain as her weapon was driven home, the bar of the boar slowly dropping to the red zone. He knew that it would only be a couple of more hits until the monster was dead. Zulas didn't know why Row wanted to deal with the creature herself, but he decided that it wasn't the time to ask any questions. It was best that he didn't distract her, but he was still very curious. When he first bumped into her in town he only saw this happy and carefree girl, but now, seeing her fight like she is, she seems like a different person. Zulas moved around a bit, scanning the surrounding area as he did so and thought that they have been out there a bit. He decided that when that monster is dead, that they would back to town, if Row wanted to that is.

Row giggled as she pulled her spear out the boars head. It got a good hit on her, but her health bar begged to differ. Taking a step back, she waited for the boar to recover from the damage. Pretending to be stuck, which she assumed it did, was a great trick. This time she would wait for it to attack so she had the time to react. It did not take long for it to break free from being stunned, hence why she did not go in. The boar started kicking up dirt in a effort to scare her. It wanted to do a charge attack but was starting it differently than normal. Now the question was what was it going to do.

ID# 71012 results:

Battle: 4 MOB: 7

Boar hit row for 1. Row missed the boar.

Suddenly the boar covered a huge amount of distance. She jumped back and tried to ready her spear but the boar was already ramming its tusk into her chest. Then it pinned on her the ground preventing her from counter attacking. 

Row: HP 18/20 Energy 0/1

Edited by Row

The boar surprised Zulas when it managed to pin Row to the ground. They had exchanged a couple of blows back and forth but had surprised Zulas's companion when it came rushing towards her. Now, Zulas had to make a decision, would he help her out now that she was at a disadvantage or would he let her deal with it. He didn't want to make her upset by killing the monster for her, so he thought about the best way to do it. He approached the boar silently and directed a kick toward its body, not strong enough to kill it but enough to try and get its attention.

ID: 71095 | BD: 4 (Miss)

The boar reacted in the way that Zulas expected but his kick did not turn out what he wanted. The boar jumped back at the last second in its motion to charge again, but Zulas kept going with the momentum of his kick. It caught by surprise, so much so that he fell forward and landed on top of Row. "Sorry!" - he said hurriedly he got up quickly. He extended his hand towards her, his face red up to his ears with embarrassment.

"Sorry." - he said more softly this time. 

Edited by Zulas

Rei smiled while turning to Zulas. She could understand that the guy wanted to help her. Death was real in this game and nobody wanted to lose a friend. So she decided to accept the help and fight as a team one more. "Ok Sempai, if we tag team, we could win in no time." She held out her spear and faced the boar. "Lets do a combination attack and take it out quick." Before she could continue, the boar began its charge of death and destruction.

ID# 71096 results:

Battle: 1 MOB: 1
THe boar missed. Row missed.

The charge of destruction became a charge of flopping, as the boar tripped and slid pass her. Now was a perfect chance to strike and so she swung her spear. However her spear slipped out of her hands and landed next to Zulas. She lowered her head and froze. "Uh... opps." She did not know how Zulas was going to react now that she made a complete fool of herself. 

Row: HP 18/20 Energy 0/1

Edited by Row