[PP-F1] Training is good for the soul (w/ Letty)

@Letty

Both Zulas and the girl standing next to him were out of breath. He had decided to intervene due to a powerful monster appearing out of nowhere and attacking them out while they were training. The girl was still dealing with her own monster, a small boar that kept attacking her incessantly but she managed to hold her own. The one in front of Zulas was different story, a bigger boar with tusks that were about 2 feet long. Thankfully, the monster was slow, so Zulas was able to dodge its attacks for now. He kept glancing back at the girl that called herself Letty, a curved sword at her side. He saw how the boar ran towards her but she managed to deflect it away, it told Zulas that she might make it far into upper floors and one might actually be part of the Frontlines. Zulas turned his attention back to the foe in front of him. The boar began his charge towards Zulas, who readied himself in a stance which let him activate his Sword Art. While he did this, he thought back to the time that they met, a strange situation inside Starting City.

It was a clear day, one where the sun was high in the sky and Zulas was admiring the slight warmth it provided. The wind whisked briefly through the air and slightly brushed his skin, giving him a tingling sensation. He hadn't paid attention to the street as he kept walking until he bumped into someone. Both of them fell backward but Zulas stood up quickly, looking for the person he had stumbled with. It was small girl wearing a breastplate that seemed a bit big for her, but in this game looks didn't really matter as long as whatever you had kept you safe. 

"I'm sorry. Are you ok?" - he asked the girl.

Edited by Zulas

The girl Zulas had knocked down stood up slowly and stared at Zulas blankly for a second. "Umm... I guess I'm fine. Thank you for asking." she replied to Zulas' question quickly and calmly.

She scratched her head slightly and kept gazing at Zulas. "My name is Letty, who are you?" Letty asked soothingly, trying not to alarm Zulas in any way possible.

Right after that, Letty shook her head quickly and stopped staring at Zulas, "I'm sorry for staring! I didn't mean to. Anyway, are you looking for some easy exp too?" Letty quickly said as she took a few steps back from Zulas. She winked at him and smiled afterwards, to show that she was friendly.

Edited by Letty

"The name's Zulas." - he said after the girl blurted out all those words. He couldn't help but smile at the girl as she looked embarrassed for a second. He saw her step back quickly after staring at him for a couple of seconds. He admitted to himself that he was a bit embarrassed by her stare, as nobody had looked at him like that.

"Don't worry, it's fine." - he told her. The question took him by surprise, 'to make exp'. He hadn't met someone yet who was very direct like that, so it was a bit of funny to him. He managed a small chuckle, "Sure, why not?"

He looked at her clothes and made a slight frown, "Are you sure you'll be ok with that?" - he asked the girl. The breasplate indeed seemed a bit too small for her size, but he didn't insinuated anything of the sort. "It's just that you might be hindered when you head into battle." - he said with a smile.

"If you're not, then by all means." - he said as he extended his hand towards the girl, offering a handshake.

Letty blushed and put her hands where her breastplate was. "It is too small." Letty thought to herself. Letty grabbed Zulas's hand and shook it. "Don't worry! I won't be bothered too much by it. Anyway, are we going to form a party? I'll send the request alrighty?" Letty cheerfully said as she opened her menu, and sent Zulas a party request, "You don't have to accept, if you don't want to. I hope I am not bothering you at all." Letty said as she clicked the "send" button.

Zulas received the window with the notification of a party request pop up in front of him. He thought for a moment and then accepted the request. The girl kept looking at him expectantly, which made him smile once again. "Ok, we'll do it, but at the first sign of serious danger we'll run away. Ok?" - he asked her. He didn't know why, but something told him to be like that. Something inside of him made him act this way, even though Letty was a stranger to him. Maybe it was a possibility that she was the sister that he never had, but he shook the notion away. 

"It doesn't matter that your breastplate is big. As long as it protects you, it's fine." - he reassured her. "Alright, this is your party. Lead the way.", he said grinning at the girl that kept looking at him with a playful expression.

Letty smiled as she watched Zulas tap the accept button and join her party. "Thank you. I was scared of leaving the town alone because I thought I would die. I feel safer now. I will run with you if we get into serious danger. I'll lead the way now, follow the captain!" Letty said, laughing a little bit at the last sentence.

Letty led Zulas through the maze of a city to a path that led to an open field. "I think we can do some safe training here. Wouldn't you agree?" Letty asked as she opened her menu and equipped her sword. "Come out monsters! Let's play!" she shouted as she pointed her sword out at the field, waiting for a monster to spawn. "Awwwww, that totally ruined my moment. You don't see any either do you?" Letty sighed as she turned back to Zulas expectantly.

Zulas saw as Letty walked around with excitement, it made him happy on the inside. At least one of us is enjoying the experience, he thought to himself. He didn't want to ruin the mood by being somber or anything that would take her smile away from her. "Of course I'll follow. Lead the way." - he said to the girl.

They reached the edge of the city after a couple of minutes, Letty running ahead of him a couple of times. Thankfully, he didn't loose track of her and even if he did, he could still track her on the Map. The words that came out of her mouth when she pointed her weapon to the outside made him chuckle a bit, but he didn't say anything. He did scan the fields for a bit trying to find a suitable monster for them to defeat. At last, Zulas found one in the distance, a boar that seemed to be by itself. He thought that it would make for an easy target.

"Yeah, I do. We can head over there." - he said pointing to a patch of green grassy field, in a boar seemed to roam wild. "I think that we can start with that." - he said to Letty.

Letty glanced over to where Zulas was pointing and quickly spotted the boar, roaming around the field, and sniffing the grass."There's one! I call dibs!" Letty declared, laughing slightly. Letty charged at the boar immediately. Looking at the boar's health bar, she saw that it had 8HP. "I have 20HP, compared to it, I should be fine." Letty said to herself as she continued to run. She looked behind her and gave a thumbs-up to Zulas and winked. Once Letty turned back to look at the boar, she instantly stopped smiling. Her smile faded and she got her sword ready. "This won't be like that day!" Letty shouted, getting the boar's attention, who was not happy that someone was charging at it with a sword in hand.

Once Letty was at a close enough range, she drew her sword and slashed at it. Her attack was critical in hitting and gave 4HP worth of damage to the boar. Letty ran past the boar after striking and turned back to face it. "You will be mine..." Letty said quietly.

ID: 70053

BD: 10

CD: 6

LD: 15

MB: 1

Zulas saw Letty run towards the boar that he pointed out. She looked very happy as she glanced back at him when she ran. The boar was very low level so he didn't mind that she would be eager to take him on. Still, he ran after her chuckling also and thinking it had been the first time he had actual enjoyed this game. He saw her catch to the boar and engage him in a fight. She dealt a healthy amount of damage to it, but the boar didn't manage to hit her back. Evidence of this was the health bar still full at the top edge of his vision.

Zulas decided that he would only see from up close and not interfere, unless the situation warranted. Although, he did proceed to equip his sword, appearing with a flash at his side, still inside the scabbard. The swordsman stood silently watching the girl exchange blows with her foe, "Good. That was good." - he praised her. Zulas didn't make much of it because he knew that there tougher opponents around, so he kept a watchful eye on their surroundings while Letty dealt with the single boar. It did seem weird that this boar was out here all by himself, but Zulas just shrugged and kept watching the fight. 

Letty felt a slight bit of triumph after she dealt half of the boar's health, she knew she hadn't killed it, but it gave her a satisfying feeling inside. The mere feeling a slashing something with a sword now excited her, filled her with adrenaline, she wanted to do it again. Letty turned back to face the boar and got ready to strike again. "HYAAAH!" Letty shouted, slashing the boar again, only taking away 1HP this time around. Letty followed through the attack and ran past it again once done slashing it. She turned around, only to see the boar charging at her quickly in retaliation. Letty did not have enough time to react and was hit full-on by the boar's charge attack, taking away 2HP out of Letty's 20HP. "Wauugh!" Letty yelped slightly as fell backwards and landed flat on her back. Letty got up quickly however and looked in both directions to her sides to make sure no more boars were nearby. The last thing she needed was another boar driving into her.

ID: 70113

BD: 7

CD: 8

LD: 18

MB: 5

Edited by Letty
Forgot the dice info

Zulas watched Letty trade blows with the boar, hitting it as well as getting hit. He kept a close eye on her HP bar, but he saw that it was still safe in the green zone. He noticed that the young girl was using straight attacks. "Letty, use the Sword Arts." - he said to her as she got back on her feet. "You have access to them, and they deal a lot of more damage than normal attacks."

"The only thing you have to remember is how to initiate the art, the system will take care of the rest. The only thing you have to be on the lookout for is that you don't run out of energy, but it will replenish over time." - he explained to her. Zulas didn't know why he did this, it was possible that maybe he saw he bright future ahead of her. He wasn't such a high level to explain anything to her, but he had to learn the hard way. If possible, he was going to help her because nobody helped him. Zulas smiled to himself when he thought that. You really did change me... Thanks.