[OP-F1-NK] Meet Up

A lighthearted chuckle would escape Macradon's mouth as @Lessa mentioned all strong people being in the brigade. It seemed like Lessa had been a part of the Brigade herself, which was quite interesting, as it wasn't always the strongest of players being placed in the Brigade, some of the strongest people were also scattered around, either because they were just solo players or that they were "exiled" from the safe places that would make players trust them some more. To make the conversation a bit more light than dark, Macradon would add to her small gesture of her being a fluke in the Brigade. "Don't be so harsh, I'm quite sure they saw some potential in you if they did take you in" he would say with a light tone. It wouldn't be a lie, the Brigade never took in members if they didn't have any reason to. Macradon would let out a small breath of a sigh as that part of the conversation seemed to be swept away, now for something that wasn't a part of the past.

"Yeah, I didn't really "participate" myself, but I was a spectator and enjoyed it a lot" he would say, responding to what Lessa had commented on the last event. It didn't seem like the two had been doing much, and Macradon hadn't been trying to do any PvP's before, which really was something he had to experience at some point. It wasn't like he was too eager to actually try out PvP at any point, it would just be nice so he had the experience of it, also, if it had to come to it, he had to kill, which he wanted not to ... He wasn't a person who wanted another's life to end, he wanted them to repent, not die. Though for what he had seen, many of these PvP encounters were friendly sparring matches with simple things like half health or first hit. Now, Macradon was no fast dodger, as he usually just took in the attack as a straight on block or his armor taking care of it, he wasn't one to dodge the attack at all. 

With the thought of a duel, Macradon would look over at Lessa. "Uhm ... I haven't actually sparred with anyone before" he said "Wanna try out the duel system?" he would ask her. He thought it was a good idea to do so, but he then thought if either of their stats were heaps over the other's, which would make the fight more unfair. Macradon wasn't too fond of that thought, but would not want to retract the invitation as it was already given, but he would come with an excuse that could easily be decline or accepted. "If .. you know ... if you want to, I don't want to force it onto you" he would say.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth again noticed a pleased look on Keres face as he bowed in front of her. Seeing Domarus nodding to Aereth he returned the greeting with a wave of his hand. Keres told Aereth that they were alright and that Domarus was training nonstop. Although the whole Esther thing still remained unsolved.

Smiling at the maid he answered. "It's good to hear that you two do well. And it seems like you do a good job at looking after him." then the smile left his face. "I don't even want to imagine how he must feel, knowing that his comrade is held as a hostage somewhere here in Aincrad. As I told you the last time we met, if I get any information regarding Esther or her whereabouts, I'll instantly message you or him."

After that she asked how his own training was going. "Thanks for asking, I must say it goes pretty good. We have worked out a hard training schedule, but at least I'm still able to do my workout in the morning every day." It was true. Itzal had worked out really really tight training schedule in order to make good scouts out of Birdie and him.

@Domarus

Keres grinned when Aereth mentioned that she did a great job at taking care of Domarus.

"That's sweet of you to say Aereth.  I try really hard to assist him in any way I can."  Then he started talking about Esther and to that she rushed up faster than the devil himself and blocked his mouth before he said too much.  She leaned in to whisper into his ear.

"Don't breath a word of this in public please.  Not only do we not want those men to know we're looking into it, but if more attention is brought to her then her captor will make it that much harder to find or free her.  Please, stay quiet about it for me.  Don't ask anyone about her.  Don't look into it.  We have this covered.  If you want I can talk to Domarus about getting your help in the investigation but unless he contacts you don't get involved."  When she backed up, letting her hand slide from his lips, she looked at Domarus who had snapped his attention to the two.  When she nodded he nodded back, glancing at Aereth before returning his attention to Fate.  Keres returned her attention to Aereth who mentioned that his training was tight and hard.  She grinned.  

"Maybe you need a maid of your own to take care of you then.  I may know someone who'd be willing."  She giggled after she said it but while she appeared to be joking she was actually serious.  While Domarus was keeping an eye out for potential followers, Keres wanted to look for anyone who was interested in playing maid.  She'd give them pointers, teach them properly, and then find them a suitable match.

@Aereth @Fate

Teayre raised her head slightly as Opal greeted her before letting it settle back down into the grass. The long blade of the Masamune X had caught her eye and the girl smirked for a moment as a slight wind wafted over her as Opal sat down next to her. “Do we really?” Teayre replies as the former Vice-Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath tells the maiden that they needed to talk.

Listening to Opal with her eyes open watching the clouds sail above her the red head lets out a sigh. “A player killer killer huh? Opal that’s nothing new, did you ever know of Keith? Back when I first let starting city, when I originally met Calrex, Oikawa, he was a well-known player killer killer. So it really is nothing new. Then he vanished.”  The red head froze for a moment as she listened to Opal’s request.

Sitting up she turns and faces her, “So you want me to tell you my story Opal? You want to judge my life and then decide whether or not I’m worthy enough to keep on living?” Pausing for a moment Teayre smirks her eyes glinting for a second, “A killer knows a killer.” The Crimson Maiden repeated. “Relax and tell you my story?” The red head couldn’t help but laugh. “That depends how much of my story would you like to know.”

Teayre paused, waiting for a moment. Meeting the steely glint in Opal’s eye. “I’ll tell you then.” Her hand moved, opening her inventory. A golden eagle hilt shimmered into her palm as the sawed edge pattern of the blade came into view. “The Oikawa Kanashiki, my first Katana. Calrex asked Oikawa to make it for me. ‘To cut through sadness’ he said.” Taking a deep breath she continued. “My father… He wasn’t exactly a pleasant man, my mother I never knew and my sister was killed before my eyes. Were the least of my problems. He was a very…” Pausing Teayre looked up into the sky as if searching for the right words. “Let’s say inventive cook and used a wide range of ingredients.” Her voice stressed the word ‘wide’ her entire body shuddering as her eyes closed. “Virtual worlds were my escape Opal. They were what saved me from his torment. Now imagine, I found him here. In Aincrad.”

The girl stopped speaking as her mind flashed back to the very day her and Calrex had been wed. The muramasa singing in her hand as she slaughtered the wolves, the potion that Mari had made being drunk.

“I didn’t just see him here though. He plagued my dreams. He was there in every breath I took.” The red head shuddered. “I was in the forest on the third floor doing that Hoya quest. When several players came out of nowhere, all green crystals except for one. The surrounded me and demanded that I give them everything I had. This was before it was easy to tell who was a high level player and who wasn’t. The attacked first and I fought back. Needless to say. I won.” Her fingers began to drum on her knee as she continued to talk to Opal. Her memories flicking through her mind like an old Victorian projector screen. “The next time I killed… That was what took my cursor.” The girl paused tears forming in the corners of her eyes she looked around to see if anyone had come close to them. A small breath escaped her lips as a sigh of relief when she noticed they hadn’t.

-OC -
Teayre will –stop- talking if anyone walks close to her and Opal and glare at them until they go away.

@Opal

Edited by Teayre

As Keres rushed to Aereth and covered his mouth with her hand Aereth realized how f***ing dumb he really was. Then she leaned in and whispered into his ear the reason he failed to see beforehand as to why he should shut the hell up. Aereth moved his own hand up to uncover his mouth so that he was able to whisper something back to her. "I know, I'm sorry. Just as you rushed to me and covered my mouth I realized. But your little stunt, pulled the attention of the others on us, they might be suspecting something if we don't handle the situation the right way." he wanted to point out how close the two of them were. He  grinned and continued. "When I give you the sign, hit me in the face." Then as their faces parted, Aereth put a small kiss on the cheek of the girl. Keres really seemed to be surprised by this action, and slapped him instantly on his cheek. After that Aereth started to chuckle and Keres grinned to cover their traces.

As the situation calmed down again she suggested that Aereth also would need a maid to take care of him which made him chuckle. "Thanks, but I like to take care of my stuff on my own. And I'm not into that master-servant stuff. I like to see woman as an equal partner. But thanks for the offer."

@Domarus

Keres listened to the player's words and when she heard him tell her to hit Aereth she suppressed a grin.  When he leaned in and kissed her, she wanted so badly to give him a kiss back or continue it, just to shock him and embarrass him.  But she didn't.  She masterfully faked a raging face and gave him, not a slap, but the most solid punch she could send, knocking the larger man a bit back.  Domarus also faked an angry look but he knew precisely what they were up to.

"I'll give you a warning Aereth.  Don't mess with Keres again."  With that he returned his attention once again to Fate.  As he did Keres pretended to be a little bit upset about the event.  However she was already planning out what she'd be doing later on with him.  She now had the perfect chance and reason to mess with him.  And thus she would.  Just not here, not now.  She kept an eye on the crowd and when nobody seemed to be noticing them anymore she relaxed her posture a bit and listened to Aereth's comment.  She grinned at him.

"First off, I myself had chosen to serve Domarus.  Not even in this world but the real world as well.  Secondly, you don't have to act like you're the master, although it's much more fun that way.  You can still treat her as your equal.  She'll just be there to do what she can for you.  You're too honest and pure for your own good Aereth," she joked.  At least he would think she had joked.  In truth she wanted to convince him to take on a maid just to see the funny relationship between the two.  Not to mention she honestly thought it would be healthy for him to get a taste of what it was like to have a servant.  Maybe then he'd understand Domarus' position if he ever discovered the truth...  Which would be never of course, but at least it would help him be more willing to be a follower.

@Aereth

After receiving a solid punch in his face he stumbled back one step, he lifted his arms in defense and said. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to see how far I could go." As @Domarus turned once again to them and warned Aereth he replied "Yeah yeah my friend. I'm just messing around with her a little bit." He put on a sheepish smile and rubbed the back of his head.

After the situation relaxed again, Keres grinned at him and he gave her a wink. She then seemingly tried to convince Aereth to get a servant for himself, but Aereth again lifted his hands in front of him and answered her. "I see that this whole thing is working out for the two of you, and really, I think it's awesome. But on the same time I know that something like that wouldn't work for me. First off, I'm living in the guest room of my teacher and friend, so I couldn't even get my servant a place to sleep. I know this problem could be solved after I got my own shop but this won't be in the foreseeable future I guess. And second, I'm training almost every day from morning to evening, so I wouldn't have any time to spend with the servant at all." This weren't the only reasons why Aereth didn't want something like a servant. Something like this would make him vulnerable. Right now, that would be no problem, but in the future he couldn't afford to be vulnerable at any point on the path he was going to take. It will be a path full of hard decisions which will change the lives of others for ever. And he was sure that he would have a lot of enemies when this time finally was here...

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Raze responded with slow, solemn nodding. We really are similar, aren't we?  "I agree, a talking wolf? Kayaba Akihiko is really pushing it." Raze tried to find Ivory Lotus among the players gathered here as he listened, but didn't have any luck. Distracted, he didn't notice Zulas step into the light, and bask in the cool air and warm sunlight, giving a nice contrast to the senses. He sighed, he knew Zulas was a nice man, but perhaps this was asking too much. Lupa isn't expecting him anyways. She will be disappointed. He shook his head, No! This isn't about earning the respect of some NPC animal, this is about proving myself and surviving.

He shuddered, thinking about how close Lupa was then, when he was slowly letting his life force drip out of his many wounds. He could feel the Alpha's breath on his face that day. Why do you expect so much? Why did the man who created this, code something as strange as yourself? WHY! So many questions. But no answers to be found. Intersecting his inner debate, Zulas offered something. A promise that would forge a lasting friendship. And as Zulas started off towards the starting city, Raze smiled softly to himself, "Perhaps, this world won't be so terrible after all," he whispered, "thank you." With that Raze too, began the trek back, an amount happier than he was previously. I won't fail him like I failed all of you.

Raze has left the thread

Jonathan entered the first floor. There was yet another event. He would come and observe this, perhaps to talk to some people if they actually wish to speak with the Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. Jonathan really wanted to speak with the frontliners, but was actually a tad nervous. He wanted to meet the people he had always dreamed of fighting alongside, but what if they did not like him? What if they did not accept him? Jonathan bit his bottom lip, fulfilled with nervous fear. He looked down at his gear. He was wearing his white and gold, <Jacket of the Fallen>> That granted him luck in searching for things. On his legs were his blue jeans that he wore for comfort. He had no reason to wear his armor, and so he would not wear it. Everyone thought since he was all gold and white, he wanted to look flashy. That was not the look he had. He wanted to look like a guardian, or a good person, almost angelic in presence. Jonathan's green eyes looked about, scanning for players. There was a few higher leveled players here. There was also a few members in his guild. Jonathan sighed looking uneasy. 

Opal could not recall the name Keith and merely shrugged her shoulders of the association. It sounded like someone she could respect on the same level as herself, but old faces and old memories were not something she really care much for. The player who Tearye had made mention of; disappeared which meant nothing to her. Another face gone, that's all that it was. Perhaps she subconsciously took up the sigil from former Pkkers and was just attempting to put things back on track in this world. She knew there were others but on what level and scale? Would her name be used in past tense when stories of Opal would be mentioned? Or would she continue to live and breathe, fighting to protect this world and serve it concrete justice?

The woman, clearly opposite of Teayre showed no further discomfort while sitting there. She nearly nodded in response to her story, beginning with her father and the heinous crimes he had committed towards his own daughter. Again, Opal nodded no more than that, her facial expression remained stoic and silence as she continued. It was an eye for an eye, and Opal could respect that from the woman. 

"To have so much anger for one who has done such things. An eye for an eye is one thing. Having all that anger and hatred from him. I am not one to step into a family affair, that is none of my business." Opal noticed the woman having pin prick tears at the corners of her eyes. Opal remained stoic and expressionless, emotionless even for this woman in front of her. Opal shifted and brought a hand over her face sweeping the long white hair from her eyes as she over looked a field of players now who seemed to be milling about and going about their own business. 

"I would say I feel sorry for you if that is all that has happened to you. But the reality and the scope is, your hate seemed to be fueled by something even greater than just your father. Because you came to virtual worlds to hide from the torment. Now then, what about the others?" Opal finally looked back at the Crimson Maiden, her violet eyes were cold and merciless as she slowly narrowed them. 

"Let's not forget the torment you have placed on others. You have not only killed your father, but your path of hate has continued to mow down others. People who have been on the frontlines, players that could have helped saved others from people like your father. Instead, you decided to continue to hate. It was not enough to just kill the man, or the memory. You had to replace anger with more anger and sorrow. So it seems torment is a Family Business. Teayre, did you admire your father so much that you need to act like him now? The lives you have taken, what were those people to you? Manta Gaul and Ebony Rose. Do you think people would not come find you out to exact their revenge for their fallen comrade? Is this what everything is about? Your hate for your father? You can't contain it, so you expel it upon others so others would have to feel your sorrow?" 

Opal shook her head, a dozen questions more harsh than the next. But she was relentless, perhaps attempting to draw out the monster from herself. But every name taken from the Monument of Life, was a sin and a player that needed to be avenged. Opal too had taken life, her hands were deep in as much blood. But she was not a stone cold killer, she needed to believe that. But she couldn't believe that from Teayre, "All I see in front of me is a cold blooded murderer. I could accept the fact that you killed your father because he did such heinous things to you. And that it is a family affair, an eye for an eye. But the others, they were not justified kills. You sank your blade into them and slayed them." Opal looked away, "I'm not here because I want to be, I am here under my own obligations to make sure people like you don't torment and hurt people like them. Those who laugh and smile. The world needs more of that, it is hard enough to find it these days without killers like us mudding things up for them. I can't save everyone, but I can try. And if it means putting down a rabid dog, then I'll be more than happy to stain my hands over and over again. Life is precious, all of it is. But sometimes you need to save the monsters from other monsters. I'm not saying I am without sin." The woman shrugged, "But I can't simply overlook what you have done either. I am leaving it to Calrex to maintain order with you. But he loves you too much to kill you, he said so himself that he was selfish. I'm just going to give you a warning. If you ever attempt to take life from another player without justified reasoning, not even Calrex will be able to stop me. Do yourself a favor and don't be the woman your father was." 

Opal sat there, her words were harsh perhaps to an extent unnecessary. She was judging her, she had to, that was her calling. But she needed Teayre to understand what kind of pain others would be put in if she continued down this hellish path of destruction. She would kill more and more if she wasn't stopped, and Opal knew...there could be some change in her if she fought hard to change, but it all started with the self. No one can change a person, it doesn't work like that. You have to want to change; to change. 

@Teayre

Edited by Opal

“You would say you feel sorry for me?” Teayre begins to laugh her head falling back down into the grass surrounding her. “Opal. Other people’s pity, their piety, their forgiveness it’s not something I deserve.” Her breathing slowed as she closed her eyes listening to Opal rant at her. “You ask me about the others then lecture me.” A soft chuckle, “When did you become so rash Opal? Not that it matters.” The red head paused for a moment.

“My father is the man I killed. He came to bless my marriage with Calrex, which he did do indeed with his blood.” Lips twitching Teayre moves her hands to behind her head using them as a pillow she continues. “You’ve felt the power over taking another’s life. For me the freedom of being in control. The pleasure of killing those who are helpless, like a hyena.” Her eyes moved underneath the closed eyelids for a moment before Teayre spoke again. “So the two you seem most interested in Manta and Ebony.”

Crossing her legs over the crimson maiden, let a sigh out. “Within the battle itself, Manta before she attacked the boss and after I struck. Her lips they twisted, it was the same smile he gave me.” Biting her cheek Teayre continued, “It mocked me, everything I had fought against. I flipped. Ebony reminded me of my past self. Someone who I despised more than him.” Her eyelids flicking open, she glanced sideways at Opal. “The most simple reason I can give you, as they wouldn’t be enough on their own. Would be fun.”

She let the silence after her words hang in the air. Several moments later just as Opal would start to speak Teayre continued. “Was it wrong? Yes. Although did Calrex tell you what I have asked of Baldur… No asked isn’t the correct word. Begged would be a better one.” Her eyes locked with Opal’s as the girl rose to her feet, before leaning close to the monster hunter’s ear. Whispering. “Kill me now, it’ll make my path easier."

@Opal

Keres hmphed and crossed her arms to his response.  When things calmed down and he responded to her statement, she realized he thought she was serious.  Well if he thought she was serious, she might have to place a seed of thought in him.  A thought that might grow over time.

"First off, get the profession quest ASAP.  Even if you can't do anything with it at least you've got a shop right?  And if you're aiming to be a scout, gather materials for your shop!  With that you'll have plenty of room in your shop for your maid.  I know many people who use the shop as a house even though they hardly use their profession.  You're teacher Itzal?  We met him, and we know he doesn't have many customers.  In fact, he said Domarus was his only customer thus far!  And yet he has the shop.  Get a shop Aereth, trust me it's worth it.  As for time, Domarus trains nearly constantly.  However I sort of force him to take some time off at night.  Even then whenever he's training I stay by his side and keep busy.  When he takes a break from fighting I help him gather materials.  And when he's feeling down or angry, I help him out with that too.  Being a maid doesn't mean we need to be focused on every moment Aereth.  That's the job of a girlfriend or boyfriend, or even spouse.  We care for our master or mistress and that's what we enjoy."  Of course she didn't tell Aereth how she helped Domarus when he was down or angry, but that was because he would probably freak out if he did.  Then she spotted the red headed player killer again, but noticed she was talking to someone.  She tapped Domarus shoulder and gestured with her eyes before looking back at Aereth.  Domarus focused on the two players and somehow knew these were both players to be wary of.  He needed to keep an eye on them.

@Aereth

Opal heard the whisper flutter into her ear, so the woman was so wracked with pain that she sought death as an easy escape for her sins and punishment. Opal stood up and clutched the Masamune X in her hand and turned towards the Crimson Maiden, "I did not receive word from either of them in awhile. I tend not to cluck with the masses as to keep my motives safe and secret. If you desire to die so much, you can freely walk off a cliff as many other suiciders have done. I'd take your life as well, but I have given Calrex my word that I would let him deal with you."

The woman lifted her sheathed katana and struck the ground with it to lean over as she looked over at Teayre, "Yes. I do pity and feel sorry for you. You may not want or desire such things, but people make their own choices in life. But there are consequences to those choices as well as actions. Such as me letting a player like you go free. How many times will a player smile in a way that makes you think of your Father. Even in death he still has control over you, you will never have control of yourself until you get closure. Until you forgive him, because it is so difficult to forgive the people that hurt you." Opal shrugged once more.

"Our conversation is over though. I have judged you according to your words, because in my world; black and white are all that matter to me. I don't muddy things up with what ifs. If you decide to kill again and I will find out, I'll be coming for you; no exceptions this time. I am taking a chance and allowing your soul to be saved by your husband. He told me he is pointing you towards Boss Raids as penance for your sins, making you risk your life for the Front Lines as to atone. I believe it would be easier to remove you altogether, because I don't know if letting a chain monster like you lose will be a good idea in the future. But you are down to your last strike, Missy. I'll be keeping all of my eyes on you."

The Masamune X wielder drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly through her mouth, "If there is nothing else, we should part ways. I doubt we have anything else left to say to one another." 

@Teayre

Could she recall him having brown hair before? The fact had probably come up before in some obscure conversation before, a small factoid that strayed a tangent from the discussion’s main subject. It was a titbit of information that was nice to know, shrouded by the depressing thought of the his best friend’s passing.

Tobias then gestured towards the other alterations, garnering a bashful smile from Ava. Her eyes battled to stay afloat, drowning in the sight of his abdominal area every few seconds before she forced her dubious gaze elsewhere. At his final point, she glanced to the hair atop his head, her smile finally breaking into a grin. “W-well, it’s different- but I think I could get used to the changes. Ten points to Arc for the blue hair,” she grinned, exchanging one last look with him before her eyes fell on the blonde sat beside her.

Tobias consoled him- strength in numbers, she thought. ‘Thank you,’ she nodded back to him. Even if he couldn’t have heard her thoughts, she liked to think the gesture carried just as much meaning.

Considering Beat's last words, she thought long and stubbornly about hers. “That’s fine, you don’t have to say a peep- we’re here if you want to talk somewhere else, or if you need a moment.” Her hold on his shoulder remained just as loose as before, and she continued. “For what it’s worth, your new outfit is lovely! Don’t you think so Arc?” Putting Tobias in the spotlight, half on-purpose and half because her thought tank was empty, she looked past Beatbox before her eyes fell on the newly-crowned bluenette.