[PP-F3] One With The Forest <> Itzal and Opal <<Treant Rivalries>>

Itzal was enjoying another nice stroll through the forest on floor three...  No not the area with the screaming npcs, he actually found a nice peaceful area where the sunlight, or in this case moonlight, shone right through.  It was a beautiful night and yet Itzal felt something was off.  The forest seemed...  Darker for some reason.  Not the lighting but the feeling.  It was as if there were a feeling of hate in the air.  Itzal continued to walk around when his detection mod spotted an npc and turned around, his twilight cloak flowing with the movement.  What he saw shocked him and his jaw dropped just a little...  He was looking at an ent.  From all the lore he had known, he knew Ents were nice, ancient, and yet they could also prove dangerous.  They had his respect of course as he knew much about them.  He gave a slight bow and looked up at it.  "Greetings oh great Ent.  Might I ask what I can do for you?"  The ent cocked an eyebrow, slowly of course, in surprise at his action.  It then nodded.  "I do, actually...  You know the elves, who wander these woods?"  Itzal nodded.  "They do so, because they have, stolen them from us.  They are destroying our forest and, we are ready to fight back.  We've been watching you a while.  We think you can help us."  Itzal stood there flabberghasted but excited.  "You mean like, help fight a war?  Oh my...  Yeah, I guess I could help, though I feel like I'll need someone else.  I wonder who would be willing and available..."

@Opal

It didn't take Opal long to notice the brunette leader of that one guild he was from. After meeting him twice, she knew him to be of sound mind and even pushed to find him as an acceptable and possible friend. She cleared the air with him the other night, well, whatever night and whatever day that so happened to be on. However she did notice the mighty large Oak tree come to life in this particular forest. Itzal had engaged in conversation with it, and Opal had no idea there was a quest in this area as well. Shows you how much she ventured to the lower floors and not knowing everything that goes on. 

She looked on her right foot and folded her arms over her chest as the two engaged in the quest conversation. Her violet eyes looked left and right as they rolled from the talking duo and into the vast emptiness of the trees. She did notice quite a bit of the elves becoming more dangerous in the area, perhaps it was because of this quest objective? Soon the conversation had dwindled and Itzal was free of the dialogue. Taking a step forward, the woman let her arms swing back to her sides and she smiled behind him, "Looks like you are in need of some help. I overheard you talking to the Ent. So it seems there is a little war going on with the elves and the ents, which is a little odd. But its whatevs, right? So here is the deal. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and taking down the elves, but I need some help acquiring materials. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Do we have an accord?" 

After his conversation with the Ent had ended, he had agreed to meet him in a few minutes at a clearing where the Ent's army would be.  They were going to catch the Elven army by surprise and Itzal needed to take down the highest classed Elves essentially.  He had never been in a war before and it was a little nervous.  As he sat down on a fallen tree he heard a familiar voice and spotted Opal instantly.  He grinned to her.  "Yeah, I suppose that could work.  I am a scout and I'm always ready to help you out.  From the way you were talking I'm guessing you want to take them down on your own?  This looks like a quest event I'd want to be a part of but maybe it's for the better.  I've got no MIT and my damage isn't that great at all..."  Then he remembered how Opal said the next time she saw him they'd be enemies, but he sort of figured that was if she was being followed.  He activated his <<detect>> and <<reveal>> mods and scanned the vicinity.  He saw the ent and elven armies, Opal, and no one else.  So she wasn't being followed.  He deactivated them and smiled to her.  "What a coincidence that I'd find you here huh?"

@Opal

"Sure. We can call it just that. A coincidence." Opal had said with a simple smile, however, she was here for a purpose altogether differently than one would expect her to be. She was actually scoping the lower floors to be sure there were no player killers in the area. She had noticed Coffin members liked to pick apart the newbies for easy kills and if she could persuade them to attack on the higher floors, perhaps she could save a few of them for the day. She had to bite the bullet when the order came though, when she needed to give a kill order. It was a darkness and a stress that always seemed to choke her around the neck, she knew she was no better than the orange players killing others themselves. 

Blinking a few times the woman seemed to come back towards the present time with Itzal standing there, "If you want to get in on the action, make sure I have enough Hate on me so you aren't focused on by the enemy. If I have to babysit for another reason because you felt heroic, I would slap you so hard across the face if you survived. But that's fine, if you wish to help, you may do so when I say it is ok to do so and not beforehand." The woman took a step forward and narrowed her eyes at him with a small glint, "Even Scouts will be a necessary tool for front liners. Just because you are choosing a passive path doesn't make you any less desirable. Anyways, let's go hunt some elves." 

When she started talking to him about getting in the action and how he was not to have any of the hate he nodded in total agreement.  When she mentioned feeling heroic he shook his head.  "No it's not that.  I don't want to be a hero.  I just want to help others out.  I'd like some sparing practice from time to time."  When she stepped forward and narrowed her eyes he expected something like, 'Don't go dying on me,' or something along those lines, but what she said surprised him.  He smiled slightly.  "Thanks Opal.  That really does mean a lot to me.  I guess I'll start getting materials for the front lines soon after this then.  You'll be the first to receive the package too."  As they walked through the forest he could hear the Treant's speaking to one another in the near distance.  When they reached the encampment he saw more ents than he had ever seen before....  which wasn't exactly hard because he'd never seen an ent but the point was there were a lot of them.  And there seemed to be an area where the trees were more spread apart than the rest of the forest.  "It is there that the army awaits.  Come now, brothers and, sisters!  We march, for war!"  And with that the ents began to march forward.  Opal and Itzal had to run just to keep up.  As they charged Itzal spotted the elven army coming up on the others side.  "Here they come!"  He slowed down slightly so he was right behind Opal, ready to strike the moment she did.  Hopefully she didn't one shot them.  If she did then he might as well gather materials.

Elvish Soldier x 3:  65 HP  <>  30 MIT  <>  15 dmg

@Opal

The Ents seemed pretty gung-ho on this war. Opal could only stare in disbelief as they came up to a small valley where they were starring down hundreds if not thousands of Elvish Warriors compared to the larger, yet only a handful of the Ents. Although they were fewer in numbers, with the power of Opal on their side, it quickly became a one sided war. Even if they were just NPCs, mobs were still deadly in the bunches. She looked to @Itzal and nodded her head. I'll take care of the small fry until we get to the Generals. They'll be a bit beefier and I can contain them easier one on one since I lost my stun aoe in the update. Until then, just stay behind me and watch out for the stragglers."

As the mighty elven horns sounded off, there was a charge and inspiration to the elves as they took to the winds. Opal sighed and flicked the hair from her eyes and bolted forward across the field, her Maiden's Kiss, a weapon she had not used much in battle was now singing with fury as the tip of the Holy Blade lit up. A white aura quickly whipped around the blade as she pushed off with her feet into a frenzy. <<Charge>> activating and she swept the blade with both hands side to side several times before clearing a path for the others. She had quickly took down the three of them but there numbers were still vast, and she would push on to fight the more difficult troops and soldiers. However, she would not forget Itzal in the back, he was steadily keeping pace with her, "Don't take on more than you can chew, Kid." 

<<Battle Commenced>>

Elvish Soldier x 3:  65 HP  <>  30 MIT  <>  15 dmg

[H:1] Opals HP: 1200/1200
EN: 101/120
Sword Art:  Amatsu no Homura - 3x3x16 = 144 -30 = 114 Dmg 

ID: 70949
BD: 6+2 =8
MD: 1

Edited by Opal

OOC-  With your permission I'd like Itzal to fight the Elven King himself.  Shouldn't be too hard, and will go faster than it normally would with the use of a damage potion and bleeding effect.

When Opal simply rushed in and obliterated the elves he blinked in surprise.  Realizing that he was just going to be getting in her way he made his way slowly towards the edge of the battle, swinging his blade this way and that to parry blows that were sent his way.  There was one wounded soldier who roared at Itzal as he charged and he quickly finished off the npc.  When he did however he was pushed back into the fray.  And as things continued to heat up he was moved further and further into the battleground.  He lost sight of Opal but he knew he shouldn't worry about her.  His evasive armor and his own personal evasive skills allowed him to avoid getting hit.  Eventually there was a break in the surging army and he stumbled into it, trying to regain his footing and balance.  "Dang it.  I need to find an easier way to get out of here..."  "I'm afraid that isn't possible anymore boy."  Itzal turned to see the Elven King standing before him.  So that's why there was a clearing.  The king himself was fair and handsome to be sure, with a crown like helmet and gold and green armor, with a scarlet cape draping behind him and an elvish one handed longsword.  "Well I have to admit this is the last thing I expected.  Having to fight a boy.  And it seems you've brought a friend of mass destruction as well.  If only you understood child." 

OOC- I'm not fighting the King yet, just chatting till the commander is dead :p

Elvish Commander:  100 hp  <>  55 MIT  <>  20 dmg

@Opal

OOC: If you get in trouble, Opal's gonna kick your ass afterwards. But yeah, you have permission. XP 

Opal had squeezed her blade through the armor of the Elves as they exploded in pixelated ash as their remains were carried towards the sky and oblivia. The woman's snow of white hair bounced and shifted with every turn of her body. Her skills with the Katana as sharp as her blade as she mowed down, elf after elf in this grisly and bloody war. However when she stopped to catch @Itzal's face to see if he was around, she could not find him. Her violet eyes darted left and right, there was a slight pause of anxiety when she could not find him, "[censored]! Where did he go?" she was frantic, her holy dipped Katana fending off several blades at once as she searched the nearby area. Narrowing her eyes she caught a glimpse of the scout in the middle fo the battlefield with the Boss of the Quest. 

"No..." she uttered as she took to the winds as quickly as the game mechanics would allow her. She came to skidding stop when she was in front of the Commander of the Army. Narrowing her eyes, the NPC laughed and readied his blade, "You'll have to get--" Opal seized the moment and with seven articulate sweeps of her blade, the NPC frozen in horror was dismembered much like his troops before scattering to the winds. However there was a horde of elven warriors coming in on her, "Itzal!!! I'll be there in a moment! Don't do anything stupid!" She shouted over the war cries of the Elven Soldiers. She had to make quick work of them soon, or else...

<<Battle Commenced>>

[H:1] Opals HP: 1200/1200
EN: 88/120
Sword Art:  14x7x2 - (14 Energy)   196 dmg -55 = 141

Elvish Commander:  0/100 hp  <>  55 MIT  <>  20 dmg

ID: 71116
BD: 3+3 [+1 Keen Activated] = 6
MD: 5

Edited by Opal

OOC- Lol yeah I understand XD.  However, 20 damage?  Pfft XD.  Nothing's going to remotely go wrong other than it might take a while unless bleed kicks in

Foregoing Action

Itzal listened as the Elven king spoke and shook his head.  "What do you mean by that?  The elves are taking the Ent's homeland and they just want it back."  "Ents?  That's what you call them?  Very well then, those 'ents' were the cause of all this:  It all started when-"  Suddenly the two of them heard Opal call and looked to her.  Itzal noticed that she looked very much worried for his safety.  As she was overrun with a swarm of soldiers Itzal heard the king draw his sword with a sigh.  "I suppose explaining will take too long then.  I'm sorry boy but I cannot risk the victory of my people."  Itzal sighed and readied his own sword.  "I'm sorry too.  I wish for peaceful resolves but I suppose this quest doesn't allow that."  With that the king sped towards Itzal with incredible speed, matching his own easily.  Due to the suddenness of the speed and attack Itzal's first defenses were weak and the king slid his blade past, driving it into Itzal's shoulder.  Itzal watched his health drop until...  Only twenty two damage?  He grinned and slid out of the sword.  "You may be fast as me, but I'm willing to bet that we deal around the same amount of damage.  Issue for you is, you don't have status effects on your weapon do you?"

ID#  71117  CD:  4  MD:  10

Itzal:  821/840  <>  84/84  (22-3 MIT = 19 dmg)

Elven King:  100/100

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

Opal, who was working on her way back to Itzal, was becoming highly agitated by the small fry blocking her path. With holy blade of Maiden's Kiss, the woman used all her might to sweep the blade across elven weaponry where they were destroyed along with the wielders themselves. Her eyes filled with rage as she shot forward once again, cutting and mowing down the dregs with her unique katana. Violet eyes seared through flesh with a hot gaze, as she charged in and rushed the flank of the troops. Her blade came down splitting Elves in twine and their bodies dematerializing in a moment of the presence of the blade cutting through them. 

She whipped around, snow white hair unfurling off her shoulders as she struck down another opponent, "Itzal!" she yelled, an arm reaching out until she finally was within a few feet of the upcoming fight. Thankfully he was not too injured, "Ahh, good. You are alright. I swear to your Creator, you better not do anything like that again. Now, step aside and I'll finish this." 

OOC: Opal will of course try to butt in, feel free to say whatever you wish. She'll listen...maybe. 

The elven king was confused at Itzal's words.  Status effects?  Was the boy's blade poisoned?  When the woman began hacking her way through his soldier's ranks he gave a command and had his best armored defenders set up a perimeter around the two combatants, keeping their shields raised, three rows of defenders.  The elven king made another strike at Itzal but this time he was sure he had the king's patterns down.  He evaded the strike effortlessly and unleashed a sword art.  He had done calculations and knew he would do no damage to him with any sword art unless he got a full on critical hit, so he'd just stun his foe and land a bleed effect.  Which was exactly what he did.  He released his sword art Horizontal Square, stunning the king and landing the bleed effect.  The guards couldn't see the fight with their backs turned, all they knew was someone got hit.

ID#  71267  BD:  8  CD:  2  MD:  2-3=1

Itzal:  821/840  <>  77/84

Elven King:  99/100  <8x4-75=1  <>  Stunned for next turn  <>  Bleed added>

@Opal

Edited by Itzal
  • 1 month later...

Had her words fallen of deaf ears? Was this little child so annoyingly stubborn that he wished to die a miserable, miserable and lowly death? Did he have nothing to live for but waste away under-- "Oh, he actually landed a decent hit," she thought with her lips giving off a faint smile. Her words did not fall on deaf ears; on the contrary they had resounded deep within the Pathfinder ever since that one day their swords crossed. Sweeping her sword to the side and slowly latching it within the saya, the woman shifted her weight from her ample hips and moved into a relaxed position as the sword leaned against her body as she folded her arms, "Don't die, or I'll have to tell everyone you know you were killed by a simple field boss." her words were not harsh, yet she would make certain that he would hear those words, in fact, she demanded that he would win this fight. Flicking her long silver white hair from her shoulder, she turned her back to catch a glimpse of some of the rogue elvish warriors running towards her, "I got these guys..." 

She would not let them pass and interfere, despite being NPCs and nothing more than fodder for her blade, the woman would let lose her Maiden's Kiss, the Holy Blade Katana. Ripe with the unfurling of her might, she would sweep the curved katana around the necks of her foes, splicing down and cutting into the ways of their armor until their bodies fell into a pixelated mess. She laughed half amused to herself, "Yeah, make this worth it for me."

@Itzal

Edited by Opal

Itzal knew he couldn't deal any more than minimal damage.  All his hope was literally in the bleed effect.  Even if however, the boss managed to get a few hits on him, the damage wouldn't be too bad.  And his evasive skills made that rare.  All Itzal needed to do was keep the bleed effect up.  He knew he couldn't stun the boss a second time in a row, so he'd just use a simple attack against him while waiting for his stun arts to recharge.  So with that he rushed up to the stunned king and slashed his blade at the man.  The king was completely baffled by the turn of events.  The boy's attack hadn't done much damage, but it's aftereffects were astonishing to him.  He couldn't move was the first thing that he had recognized.  However he could also feel a pulsing pain in the place the boy had struck him.  He could feel the blood rushing out of the wound.  And that did much more damage than what the boy had inflicted.  The man growled as the player struck at him again.  However the attack was foiled.  Itzal's blade was redirected and he saw what did it:  A rock.  Somebody threw a rock that hit his blade, forcing it into another path straight into the ground beside the king.  He quickly grabbed a stone of his own and calculated where it came from, spotted the soldier attempting to rejoin the fight in hopes that he wouldn't be seen, then threw it towards the soldier, hitting him on the head and knocking him unconscious.  Then he heard Opal's words and grinned.  "Don't worry.  I might not be able to deal that much damage, but neither can this guy.  It's hopeless for him....  I won't let you down Opal."

ID#  73879  BD:  2+3=5  CD:  2  MD:  2-3=1 <stunned>

Itzal:  821/840  <>  76/84

Elven King:  75/100  <24 bleed  1/2 bleed, stun over>

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

She had simply turned her head to catch the words of the Master Scout behind her, despite being the choice of class character most people avoided, Itzal remained vigilant on his path without waiver. He had succumbed to the thought, 'what could I do more?' when she had spoken to him, but rest assured him that his ideals as a scout were gonna be just as important for the front liners than a normal DPS unit. Swiftly sweeping her Maiden's Kiss Blade through several elven guards, the woman's body arched and moved with the reflexes of a cat not allowing a single member interrupt the fight where Itzal was stationed and fighting the King. She had noticed the wound upon the Boss, it was effecting him greatly and soon thereafter this War would come to a close and the Ents would have victory over the restless and relentless guardian Elves. 

However their King was not going down without a fight, it seemed more and more Toy Soldiers were coming to his aid, but Opal only smiled in return when she was faced with four more of these dreg units. With that certain glint in her eye, she knew all too well in the art of killing. One, two, three, four...death. Their armor did nothing to protect them from what being turned into gemmed confetti. This war would soon end with their victory. 

@Itzal

Itzal heard no reply from Opal, which he guessed meant she was satisfied.  He rushed up at the elven king again, another minor sword art charging.  He activated it and struck at the king.  However he saw movement as he charged and he knew his strike would not hit.  His blade was blocked by the king's own.  As the king rose to his feet, now over the paralysis, he was clearly growling.  "The fact that they'd choose a boy to fight me is insulting.  But an assassin against a warrior?!  In plain sight?!  That's just reckless!!"  The king pushed Itzal back and struck him while he was open.  Itzal made no sound, didn't even flinch.  This king could strike him again and again but he wouldn't get far at all.  When Itzal's slide stopped he held his blade out.  "Let's get one thing straight.  I'm no assassin.  I'm a scout, but a scout needs to know how to defend himself.  Insults will get you nowhere.  And a king shouldn't resort to such lowly methods!"  The king growled again before he roared and charged Itzal yet again.  And Itzal in turn charged himself.

ID#  73949  BD:  1  CD:  5  MD:  10

Itzal:  802/840  <>  75/84

Elven King:  51/100  <24 bleed  0/2  bleed over>

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

Loud words accompanied the clash of weapons. Opal's head turned slightly to hear the sounds of war coming from behind her. Apparently Itzal had yet to cleave the head off the Boss Enemy in this little war, which meant it was dragging on longer than she had wanted to. Alone, she could have swept this entire field by herself, but with someone else taking the lead she was on dreg detail. She rolled her eyes at the situation she was currently in, they were not strong enough to pierce her armor and too flimsy to hold any kind of challenge. Swinging the blade of the weapon left and right, the elven warriors had prepared for an attack. 

"I know they are just AI, but they don't realize how many of them I have killed so far. It's a bit sad..." several thrusting weapons came down towards her, she moved left and right guiding her body away from the attacks as they passed through air. Sweeping the Maiden's Kiss to the left, she severed an arm from one and cut down to the bone of another. Their body was only but an instant of a glimmer of passing before they shattered into nothingness. Opal cleared her throat, the Holy Katana beaming in the drenched land of the falling sun. She turned her attention once more to an upcoming swarm of more Elven Guards, "Tch. How predictable." 

@Itzal

The king slashed at Itzal but he expertly avoided it, parrying the blade upward before releasing horizontal square on the king, landing the stun effect again as well as landing a critical hit and landing another bleed effect.  The king doubled over, rolling on the ground before coming to a full stop.  Itzal skidded for a moment but stopped fully once more.  Itzal sighed and looked to Opal who seemed to be almost finished with the army.  From her position it might look like there were more than there actually were, but that was because most of them were targeting her.  He knew he would win this fight.  Really easy in fact.  "Hey I'm halfway done here!  In just a few minutes I'll wrap up!  Such is the life of one who deals damage over time," he finished, though not loudly as the second time.  He turned to the king and shook his head.  "Why?  Thinking you're always right and hacking down those who get in the way?  Just because you're polite and a silvertongue, does not mean you are right."

ID#  74326  BD:  9  MD:  3-3=1  Horizontal Square used  x4,  -7 energy, stun effect

Itzal:  802/840  <>  68/84

Elven King:  50/100  <2/2  bleed,  1/1 stun>

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

A sharp whistling blade came towards her face; a scratch upon perfection when she realized her pretty face had been marred by the elven blade. Her brow twitched lightly before her white knuckles broke through the red flesh. Like a shattering of glass, her sword swept through the entity before oblivion took it away. She turned on her heel and bolted forth with greater ferocity as both hands gripped the long hilt. The Maiden's Kiss was now singing, side to side as she erupted into a fit of cross slashes. She would then turn and dance around one before impaling a duo with her blade through the necks, then viciously ripping through the other side watching their bodies glisten into fractured diamonds as they were sent away into the wind. 

Eyes almost blood shot now returning to a calm and serene and bored look. A hand on her face where the strike had cut her, the orange gash now fading as it revealed once more her lovely pale face. She sighed and then swung the blade with one hand, her back leg taking position and her eyes becoming dull and silent. "You fools of the King's men will not pass this line. Give it up already, your Leader is almost dead." 

@Itzal

With his target stunned and bleeding out, he rushed up at him and struck the figure, dealing the minor damage.  After he did so, bleed activated, making it twenty five damage that was lost.  Itzal turned to hear Opal call out to the soldiers and when he heard what she said he knew what was going to happen.  The warriors doubled their efforts, trying desperately to get to their king to save him.  It was hopeless and yet they tried.  There was at least that about them.  He heard the king stir and begin to get up.  Itzal turned and saw that he was no longer looking kind at all.  Rather he had a murderous look about him.  The king stared at him darkly.  "I will not, be scolded at, by a child."  Itzal shrugged.  "And I won't be beaten or killed by an NPC.  There is far too much for me to do after all.  You want to take me down?  You'll need a very long hour and an infinite amount of health to do so."  The king let out a roar before charging again, almost dead.

ID#  74349  BD:  5+3=8  MD:  9  stunned.  Normal attack used

Itzal:  802/840  <>  67/84

Elven King:  25/100  <1/2  bleed,  Stun over>

@Opal

Edited by Itzal

She let out a beastial growl as her white blade found points of weakness in the Elven Armor and shot through their bodies with the hot holy steel. The Ents were now becoming more confident as the pull of the War was now waging in their favor. Bodies soon began to dematerialize as they fell from her Holy Katana. Sinking into the shadows were the dregs while the Officers remained afoot however with their leader almost dead, they began to call forth their retreats from the Forest. Opal watched as their numbers thinned, the Ents hurling massive boulders towards the retreating soldiers and mayhem of battle now settled upon the last few ticks of battle between @Itzal and the Elven King. It was a sad day to see the last of them march to their death. They had been granted victory this day and in the end, it was all for skill points to be collected and nothing more for the woman. 

With her Holy Blade tipped and sweeping across her shoulder, she planted it over her armor and turned afoot, "We are done over here. All that is left is to deal the killing blow to the King. Make it happen, Itzal, and let's call this a victory for the Ents and a win for us. Although this was hugely a one sided battle, they wouldn't have stood a chance if I went all out. I guess glory can't always be mine." The woman thought, flicking the long silver platinum hair from off her other shoulder.