So, just a question, Does anyone else have this happen to them? I have had so many characters that are prominent and that I play for long periods of time, both in SAO-RPG and D&D. It seems that when I get into character, the way the character sees life is how I see life even after I get out of character. For Example whenever I play Wolfie, Abandon, or Any character that embodies the strand of my personality that I have deemed Wolf, mt views on life become dark and depressing. When I play as Iri, or any character that embodies the strand of my personality that I have deemed Iri, my views on life and subsequent actions embody that of a person who is very young and childish. Whenever I play Nixon, or any character that embodies the strand of my personality that I have deemed Nixon. I become, relaxed, analytical and welcoming. Note that these are not like different entities but rather they are Different parts of me. I am just curious as to whether or not anyone else has experienced this and if anyone had advice on how to counteract it.

It goes both ways for me. I have absolutely been affected by Lessa. Things that have happened to her have drastically altered my mood. And, in many ways, I am Lessa. A lot of my personality and history find their way into her story. That, I think, is why I am so attached.

Most of my characters are portrayed by aspects of my personality. Lycan is likely the darker, pessimistic, but somewhat well rounded type. He's closest to my current day standard personality. Snow reflects the part of me that is kind, overly caring, empathetic, and dreams of a world without conflict or lies. Then there is another character on another site that reflects my utmost darkest thoughts and aggression. He is the part of me that I wish I could get rid of, but have accepted that it is a part of who I am. That character is synonymous to what we all suppress when we experience road rage, frustration, exhaustion, and despair.

In summary, any creative art is an extension of ourselves. The words we choose and way we write are all byproducts of our thought process and desires. Hardly anything we write is just "garbage". So, it's completely normal to fall into a specific state of mind for a written persona and have that carry with you out outside of your stories. Those characters are a part of you, afterall.