[PP-NK-F3] Timber! <<Elvish Rivalries>> (Morgenstern)

"Everyone left me in the dust long ago." I chuckled shamefully. "When I vanished, some of the players I actually taught and trained had ascended right through the ranks... like Itzal for example." I sighed and leaned my head back against the tree. "He was level ten or so when I first met him, when I took him on the Breaking the Unbreakable Quest. Next time I met him, and we took Case of Wurms... he was level forty or so." I complained, running a hand through my hair. "At least you have not been in hiding like I was. You still have momentum, like a rolling stone going down a hill. I have to push that stone back up the hill before I can roll again." I groaned, before standing up with Jonathan. "Yeah, would be a terrible idea to waste our my tediously recovered energy." I agreed and began to jog with Jonathan, nimbly avoiding branches and logs that blocked our path.

+1 EN (38/56)

Jonathan sat silently as Grav gave a few metaphors on how he was with level. As he mentioned Itzal Jonathan chuckled. "Oh yeah, I remember that. One day I was the same level as him, working just as hard as him, and then the next thing I know he is ten levels above me" He laughed as he recalled the girl that had helped him get there so fast. "Girl named Alisa helped him get there. He trained her, and it was a help-help relationship" The blond stood as his energy had fully recovered. " Well I have fully recovered, not lets go hunt down those last enemies." He adjusted his gear and gave the man a friendly smile. There was so many players in this game that were DPS's, so they were definitely not hard to find. Grave was just one of many that he would later be able to beckon when he needed. He would always prefer Itzal as a hunting parter. They had developed a bond where the knew what the other was thinking, and they could communicate through facial features instead of Words. 

3/3 Energy fully recovered

@Grave

"That kid... he is a damned machine. I do not know how he has not run out of steam by now." I groaned and shrugged, shaking my head in a confused manner. "Yeah, he mentioned that someone helped him out last time I caught up with him. I am glad he found someone that could push him to get to where he is now." I acknowledged with a smile and a nod. "He was much more childlike and innocent during our first encounter, but on our second he seemed more mature and calculating. He has grown a lot over time." I mused with a wide grin. "It is like watching a baby grow up, you know? Except in the span of just a few months." I added and chuckled at my own failed allusion.

I nodded in agreement with Jonathan as he updated me on my energy. "My energy's just about full too, let us pick up the pace." I agreed and increased my running speed. Before long, the lumbering figures of a pair of tree men came into view and I smiled. "Here we go." I mused in a low tone so as not to alert them to our presence. "Party time."

Spoiler

EN Restored

Party
[H:0]Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 56/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:0]Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies
Treant Commander | 100/100 HP | D: 20 | M: 55
Treant King | 150/150 HP | D: 25 | M: 75 | Bodyguard: Treant King is untargetable as long as Treant Commander is alive.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long wait - to many thread, our finally got next in line XP

Jonathan listened as Grave talked about Itzal, and called him a machine. "Ah, he will slow back down soon enough. Perhaps we might be able to catch back up, who knows?" He also went on saying the maturity level increased. Jonathan frowned and gave him a so-so motion with his hand. "I mean earlier, he was more than one person... now he is himself, ready for frontlines, where if you are stupid.... You are dead." Grave chuckled and said his energy was fine that they could move in faster. Joanthan nodded and begin to move faster. Soon they were upon the beasts. He unsheathed his sword, and a burst of light followed. With his next move he let out a <<Howl>> that drove the birds from their nests in the treetop. The treants stopped their retreating and turned to face them. "Go crazy!" He would wait and watched as Grave were to desolate the king and his body guard. 

Spoiler

Party
[0] Grave 560/560 HP | EN: 56/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:3]Jonathan: 620/620 
HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies
Treant Commander | 100/100 HP | D: 20 | M: 55
Treant King | 150/150 HP | D: 25 | M: 75 | Bodyguard: Treant King is untargetable as long as Treant Commander is alive.

@Grave

"Perhaps." I agreed unsurely but hopefully. "What do you mean... more than one person?" I asked Jonathan and tilted my head. Was there something Itzal had not told me? I banished the thought from my head for the time being as we skidded to a halt close to our quarry. Jonathan unsheathed his weapon and bellowed a fearsome roar, catching the attention of the treants. "Nice, this should be a piece of cake." I smiled confidently and rushed directly towards the King himself. "Take the king out first and everything should be good!" I shouted, my fists glowing violet as I rushed the monster... only to have my path blocked by his bodyguard, who gave me a heavy shove in the opposite direction, negating my Sword Art. "Wha..." I grunted and fell heavily on my rump. "Ouch... seems like we cannot get to him unless we take out the bodyguard..." I groaned and hauled myself back up.

Spoiler

ID: 81498 | BD: 4 (Way to start us off, Grave...) | MD: 1 (Thank god XD)

Miss -2 EN

Party
[H:0]Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 54/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:3]Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies
Treant King | 150/150 HP | D: 25 | M: 75 | Bodyguard: Treant King is untargetable as long as Treant Commander is alive.

• 3 weeks later...

As the man asked more than one person frowned. "Unimportant, really" he answered. He was not sure if Itzal wanted that to just be going around that he once had a split personality. Grave moved forward targeting the king, but the Commander acted as if he were a bodyguard and blocked the man's path. "You are going to have to knock out the commander first." Jonathan picked up his own weapon and looked at the commander. He could deal a bit of damage to this guy, but not enough to actually make anything count. It would make things easier for them in the long run hopefully. He readied his weapon before charging forward, aiming at the defenses of the king. He slashed forward in a flurry of attacks, but each were deflected off the bark that he struck at, each being a glancing blow and never sinking into his target. He groaned and jumped back, landing low to the ground with his shield up, ready for defense. 

Spoiler

83273 BD:4

Party
[H:0]Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 54/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:3]Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 60/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies

@Grave

• 2 months later...

I groaned and rolled my neck on my shoulders, eyeing off the Commander like fresh meat for a crocodile. "Yeah, yeah, I am on it." I grunted and took aim for the Commander, skirting around the side to try and keep him away from Jonathan, and opening a spot for him to attack once the bodyguard was down. The Commander himself was on guard too, however, and watched my every movement, ready to guard against anything, as if it had a mind of its own. I scoffed at myself; I had been in this damn castle long enough to know that they almost did have a mind of their own.

As I skirted around the Commander, he quickly lost interest and swept away from me, only to extend a claw out to Jonathan, swiping at his shield and scraping a very tiny portion of his health away; thank god he was as tanky as he was, or we would have been in trouble. To catch the Commander's attention, I swung at the King violently. Loyal as ever, the bodyguard stepped in and I grinned, planting my foot down to stop the punch short. "Got you," I grunted and folded my fingers together like spears, my gauntlets glowing a furious red, and I struck.

One, two, three strikes into his body, with surgical precision like an acupuncture professional, chipping away at a large chunk of his health, dragging him into the yellow, and I stepped back cautiously, aware of a possible counter attack. "There, got the bastard," I grunted and readjusted the draconic helmet atop my head, peering at the wooden duo through the golden lenses. "One more hit should do him."

Spoiler

ID: 86707 | BD: 7 | MD: 6 | CD: 10 (Recovery activated)

Acupuncture vs Treant Commander - 3 x 3 x 12 = 108 - 55 = 53 damage, 10 EN

Treant Commander attacks Jonathan - 20 - 92 = 1 damage

Recovery: +2 EN

Party
[H:1]Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 46/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:3]Jonathan: 619/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies
Treant Commander | 47/100 HP | D: 20 | M: 55
Treant King | 150/150 HP | D: 25 | M: 75 | Bodyguard: Treant King is permanently out of combat as long as Treant Commander is alive.

Edited by Grave

The tank watched Grave eye the treant commander viciously, as if he was aquiring a fresh new target. The commander kept its eye on both of them, acting as a complete full trained body guard to its king. Then Grave darted to the side, getting out of the treants view. The treant strangely did not seemed to care about the fact that Grave had suspiciously skirted away, and instead took it as motive to advance. It quickly lashed out with its limb arms, they were like many whips coming at him all at once. He moved his shield in, blocking the oncoming attacks. Then, Grave reappeared into sight, making a move at the king which stood by, expecting to have the commander kill them. The commander's viney body shot out and planted Grave's foot down, keeping him from attacking, but this appeared to be Grave's plan as he made several strikes inward at its body. Jonathan smiled with the intensity of it all and gripped tighter on his blade. He had to be helping more than this.He charged forward, moving rather quick for one in heavy armor. Grave appeared to have it distracted, he should be able to hit the creature. Then a long viney arm shot at him like strikes, as if the treant had known he was coming the entire time. He slid and hit the dirt, rolling to the side to avoid getting fattened by the now crushing arm. It appeared to be completely up to Grave.

86888 BD:3 Miss

Regen and BH Activate. +56 HP
@Grave

Party
[H:1]Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 46/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
[H:3]Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10 | M:92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | D.Par:1

Enemies
Treant Commander | 47/100 HP | D: 20 | M: 55
Treant King | 150/150 HP | D: 25 | M: 75 | Bodyguard: Treant King is permanently out of combat as long as Treant Commander is alive.