[PP-NK-F3] Timber! <<Elvish Rivalries>> (Morgenstern)

A beeping in my ear rang loud and clear, a sound that only I could hear - an alarm I had set to wake myself, and consequently the bundle of orange fur curled up on my chest. I sat up with a start, sending the now alert and obviously pissed off - Hikari had her horn lowered at me from across the room - weasel sprawling from my bed. "Crap, sorry Hikari." I apologized with a sheepish grin and turned to tap the crimson wall, raising the lighting of the circular diner to an appropriate morning glow. I slipped out of my bed behind the counter and slid it under the small compartment underneath; it would be embarrassing if a customer saw a bed behind the counter. I crept up to the squeaking weasel and scooped her up, avoiding the horn she had atop her head. "Alright, calm down girl." I told her and stroked her tail, drawing a purr from deep within her chest and causing her surprisingly thick tail to split in two at the end and reveal the transparent orb within. Having successfully pacified her, I placed her on the counter, began stretching and-

THUNK

I felt the wind of a projectile whip my bare torso and heard said projectile pierce the wall behind me. That was not right, the wall was meant to be an immortal object... I turned towards the wall as I swept through my inventory, equipping my black double-breasted coat, tugging at the elongated collar. I grabbed the arrow that had sunk into the wall and drew it out carefully, watching the wall quickly reseal itself. There was a message wrapped around the arrow;

"Adventurer,

We elves have been at war with the treants for a long time, and ultimately the people of the forest have taken our homes from us and made them their own. Please assist us. Take out the treants and take back our homes. If you accept our request, come to the small settlement at the edge of the Forest of Wavering Mist."

A window popped up with the quest name '<<Elvish Rivalries>>', and the all too familiar accept and decline buttons below. I had to do something that day, right? With a smile, I tapped the blue circle button, and a message flashed saying I had accepted the quest. "Alright, Hik, shall we head out?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he stood on the third floor. He came here for quite a different reason then usual. He had heard rumors of the quest log being updated and a new quest being created down here. Jonathan's green eyes surveyed the area as his golden hair shuffled in the wind. He had already accepted the quest, he just needed to know where to head out. He would not equip his items until he was out in the forest, about to kills some trees, but still had his sword strapped horizontally on the back of his waist. As he was just beginning to pass through, the blond tank heard something. A voice, unfamiliar say the word "Hik" Jonathan's eyes immediately began to dart around looking for the source. His eyes came to a gray haired man, and a weasel. Jonathan walked forward with a slight wave, sizing up the man. He appeared around his level and quite strong. Possibly one of the pre-frontliners like himself. Those who are right before or beginning to be a frontliner and are just starting things out. Excuse me sir, but did you just say Hik? As in Hikoru? Jonathan asked the man, his eyes were bright. He wondered if this man knew the DPS Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants and by far the highest leveled. I must be careful. I do not believe he will attack me, but he is quite a high level, and probably is a damage dealer or Scout. 

I heard a voice question my use of Hikari's nickname, and I turned with a raised eyebrow to see the blond player. "Hm?" I asked, tilting my head. "Hikoru? Never heard the name." I sighed, scratching the back of my neck. "No, this little furball's name is Hikari, or Hik for short." I told him with a smile, scratching under Hikari's chin, eliciting a squeaking purr-like sound. "If you are looking for this Hikoru person, sorry I cannot be of much help." I apologized, not entirely sure why he seemed so interested when I said 'Hik'. He seemed to be sizing me up as we spoke, and looked like he was keeping his distance; he appeared to be wary of me. I did the same... and did not see why he was so wary; he seemed close in level to me, if not higher. "I apologize, I should introduce myself. My name is Grave." I greeted him with a smile, hoping I could find out more about this player.

Jonathan stood, staring at the man with lighter hair. His familiar was nicknamed Hikari, and he had no clue who Hikoru was. Jonathan sighed but raised his head up as the man introduced himself as Grave. Well, Grave. It is nice to meet you. The name is Jonathan. I am about to head out and finish the Elvish Rivalry quest and go kill some trees if you wish to come. It will be quite easy, but I do not deal that much damage. I can take damage though. Jonathan opened his menu and sent he man a party request. He really did not care if the man joined him or not, just wanted to get to know another player before he would join the frontlines. the more people you knew, the better. Jonathan equipped his armor, his entire body becoming encased in the sliver metal. His shield was left on his side and his sword on his back. As Jonathan spoke, his voice was deeper and more pronounced. Well, I am ready when you are. These Tree's should not prove to be that hard and I really need the skill points. I am about to Grand master Block, then I need to quickly work on Heavy armor. Anything you have Grandmastered yet perhaps? As he asked his question, he began to walk forward, trying to keep the party and a good moving pace. He wanted to be there in at least ten minutes or so.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jonathan." I met the blond player with a smile, and grinned wider when he mentioned the quest. "Funny thing, I just received that quest also. The more the merrier, I say!" I exclaimed with a fist in the air. "Do not worry about doing damage, I can do a lot of it. If you ever need healing, though, I do have some points in First Aid." I mentioned with a thumbs up. Jonathan began to equip his equipment, and I followed suit, materializing the Vanishing Dragon, Albion Claws and Dragon Amulet onto my body, now an imposing white draconic figure with glaring golden eyes and crimson spheres set into my shoulders and chest. It was probably obvious by now that I lacked a weapon. Jonathan asked if I had Grandmastered anything yet, and I chuckled as we walked, before I answered. "I am proudly the first player in Aincrad to Grandmaster Martial Arts." I explained with yet another thumbs up, pointing a black talon to the sky as I took clunky steps towards our destination.

Jonathan listened to what the man had to say. He had grand mastered the ability to use martial arts which was impressive. So, you are a DPS and perhaps a healing build as well? I am going to finish my tank build, then possibly get Search and detect, just so I am able to find things. Jonathan watched as he pointed so talon that h had on his hand toward the sky. I bet he can deal massive damage. Probably even more than Beat. Jonathan stopped as they reached the forest. We are hunting tree's correct? We are at the edge of the frest something should have shown up by now, but there is not even a Minotaur. Jonathan pulled out his weapon, and grasped his shield. The emblem of the Celestial Ascendants gleamed off of the shield. He would allow Grave to make the first move, that was Jonathan got a sense of his leadership ability. It was a grest virtue and not that common with people. Mst frontlines had it though. It was practically a short amount of the great leaders from 10,000 players that joined SAOReady to advance as you are. 

I nodded at Jonathan's analysis. "Correct. I want to be a Berzerk Healer; deal and heal damage, both from myself and allies." I explained with a grin underneath the dragon helmet. "I also plan on taking a few ranks in Heavy Armour. I need to be able to take a hit to survive on the frontlines in the first place, no?" I asked with a hearty chuckle, echoing within the armor. "Well, yes, we should have encountered something... but the quest I received said to visit a settlement near the Forest of Wavering mist, so maybe mob spawns are lowered to make our trip easier." I speculated with a shrug, shambling along the edge of the forest. I noticed the emblem that shone on Jonathan's shield and I tilted my head. "If you don't mind me asking, what is that symbol?" I questioned, slowing down slightly.

Jonathan stood looking at Grave. The man wanted to be a berserk healer. It was not that common, but it was a much heard build. They were good at supporting and being a great damage dealer. I am seeing a lot of mixed builds lately. None have been with tanks though. Later in the game, I want to be a Tank and Scout Build, but also able to deal a good amount of damage. Jonathan began to look into the woods when Grave asked a question. A question in which Jonathan would have understood a month or so ago, but now they were quite noticed. The Sun emblem? It is the mark of my guild. Celestial Ascendants. I am the Tank Paladin. We are guild focused on raising lower players levels. We have take quite notice as our members are now reaching the frontlines. Jonathan sighed and began to looked around. A settlement huh. He searched around, then he seen a smoke above the trees in the air. Follow me. Jonathan began to move quickly forward, and sure enough there was a strange cabin. The cabin was made from woven vines and sticks and leaves. There was a green smoke billowing out of the chimney. I have a short hunch, that this is where we need to go. Jonathan began to walk forward. You solo or A Knight of the Blood Oath member. Jonathan laughed a bit. I find it funny that some people call me the knight of Aincrad or the White Knight, I am not even part of that guild. They get it from the look of my armor. 

Jonathan answered my question, mentioning the 'Celestial Ascendants', a guild I had never heard of. "How long have you all been around? I have been living under a rock for so long, a few guilds have popped up without me noticing." I questioned him and sighed, rubbing the top of my helmet with a gauntleted fist. He beckoned for me to follow and I nodded, letting myself fall in tow behind him as he led us towards the settlement that had appeared. The player asked if I was a solo or a Knight. I smiled unsurely. "Well, I am a Knight, yes... but I am considering taking a small leave until I am higher leveled. The original second in command, Mack," I completely avoided mentioning Opal's previous status as Second, "Has been away for a long time, so it has stagnated. I feel if I pick my levels back up, I could help lead the guild." I explained with a somewhat guilty grin under my helmet. We finally stepped within the bounds of the small, settlement, and it seemed the people were waiting for us; a large group of Elves, including what seemed to be the leader, were gathered near the edge of the camp.

Jonathan looked forward to the camp of elves, watching them. They were gathered in the camp like area. Oh, How long have the Celestial Ascendants been around? A month or so.... We are just starting to get places now though, early it was kind of the beta of our guild. Now we actually have members, shortage on tanks and healer though. Jonathan sighed and began to walk forward, to the response of many elves pulling out there weapons, and surrounding what must have been their leader. A few seconds passed and the elves sheathed their weapons and the leader stepped forward. He took a good look at the men before saying  "Ah, you must have been sent here to aid us from our friends in the North." The elf stopped a few feet away, allowing for a close look. unlike other elves he was dressed in a gold lined emerald cloak, and his sword was gold handled. He had a few scars on his face, obviously from a battle or something of that sort. "You two are just but a hume child, but it will do. The humes are a force to be reasoned with, and are a irreplaceable ally in this war. Please, we need you to help. The Treants have taken over our beautiful home, and all that is dearest to us. Drive them back out of our home, and destroy them. With that the leader turned away leaving them. So now we have to fight some trees. 

"A month or so..." I sighed and scratched my white helmet. "Yeah, I have been away for three or four months... so you are relatively new then, no wonder I have not heard about you yet." I admitted, before grinning widely. "But you seem like a strong guild, no?" I asked with yet another thumbs up. Finally we approached the elves, and they surrounded their leader with weapons, protective and wary of visitors. I raised a hand with the arrow and note to show I had received the quest from them and they all lowered their weapons. The elder greeted us and requested for our help, much like in the note on the arrow. "We accept your request, Elder." I said, and the elder seated himself, surrounded once more by the rest of the elves. "Alright Jonathan, let us go make firewood." I told him and beckoned him towards the forest behind the settlement, hidden away behind the Forest of Wavering Mist.

Jonathan turned as Grave began to beckon him towards the forest. He smiled faintly and made sure his armor was all ready. He entered. They had to keep there eyes peeled. He edged forward, hoping Grave remained behind him. He had barely known the man, but Jonathan believed he was trustworthy. Jonathan stopped quickly as he heard some creaking. There was no noise after that. Jonathan crept slowly forward, but after a minute or so, a large tree figure stood in front of them, blocking passage. More surrounded them until there was six. Jonathan seen a few more back, one beginning to retreat. The one retreating his probably the king, and the one staying that is behind these guys is probably the commander or whatever. Jonathan looked at the others through his armor. I have to get the attention. He reared back and made a aggresive <<Howl>> Jonathan smiled and readied for te many blow of all of these creatures that surrounded them now. Better be a lumberjack Grave! 

Spoiler

Treant Soldier x6    65/65 30 mit

Jonathan 620/620 <<62/62>>

Grave ?/?

I heard an eerie creaking, like the boughs of a tree swaying to and fro, up and down in the night breeze. A group of enormous, man-shaped trees stalked into view, peering down condescendingly from above, stern looks in their creepily glowing eyes. "Hah, long time no see, you wooden bastards." I greeted them, falling back into a low combat stance, my usual defensive stance. Jonathan howled aggressively beside me, drawing the monsters' attention to him, allowing me to strike at the creatures without fear of being counterattacked. "Well, not a lumberjack yet, but I guess I would not mind learning a few skills." I grinned, and leaned back up into a stalwart forwards position, shifting to the offensive. From this position I pushed off my back foot, leaping a few feet in the air. I brought my right leg up in a kicking pose mid-air, my entire shin glowing a fiery white, before lashing out in an arc around me, striking four of the treants across the chest with a white blade of light from my kick. I landed in a crouch and heard the creaking of their wooden joints as they recoiled from the force of the kick. Liquid hit the grass below them; their 'blood' pooling menacingly beneath their feet. Not long for them to die now...

ID: 71596 | BD: 9

Sword Art Used - Tornado Kick: 13 x 1 x 6 - 30 = 78 - 30 = 48 DMG to Treant Soldier x4 (12 EN) + 24 BLD

Party
Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 44/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | ???

Enemies
Treant Soldier x2: 65/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 [Hate: Jonathan - 3]
Treant Soldier x4: 17/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 | BLEEDING: 24 DMG for 2 Turns [Hate: Jonathan - 3, Grave - 2] (ALL FOUR DIE NEXT TURN XD)

Edited by Grave

Jonathan grasped his shield ready to take a smack, but instead watched in amazement as Grave, who struck the treants multiple time. As he kicked away, the treants began to spew sap, leaving them to literally die. By the time Grave would attack again, they would be dead. Jonathan snickered, but realized that the other two were still after him. He ducked below a swinging branch, and leapt to the side as another one struck downward at him. He was meant to take damage, but only wanted to take it if it was neccesary. Jonathan ducked in, slashing at the tree people, but he contacted it with the flat of the blade, and it harmlessly bounced off. Feeling that he did not have another chance to strike he backed away quickly, unharmed. Grave seemed to be the only one to damage any of these Treants. Its not like Jonathan would really do much damage anyway. He looked ot his ally and said, " Keep it up Grave, Sorry I was not of much use. Never much more than a meatshield, I am. " Jonathan sighed, holding his sword out ready for action. 

Spoiler

71605 BD:4 MD:4

Party
@Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 44/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D:10, M:92, Reg: 36, BH, 20, DPar 1

Enemies
Treant Soldier x2: 65/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 [Hate: Jonathan - 3]
Treant Soldier x4: 17/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 | BLEEDING: 24 DMG for 2 Turns [Hate: Jonathan - 3, Grave - 2]

Edited by Morgenstern

A moment later, the trees collapsed around me like skyscrapers, crashing to the grass as they bled out. "Timber." I sighed belatedly and looked up to Jonathan, motioning to the monsters as they shattered into crystals around me. Sadly, Jonathan was already running off, the remaining two trees giving chase to the tank. "Well, here goes." I sighed and charged after them, watching Jonathan's blade glance off of one of the tree beasts. "Have at you!" I shouted and struck one of the trees three times in rapid succession with <<Acupuncture>>, my hands glowing a fierce red and obliterating what was once a green health bar. The creature shattered like his four brethren before him and I stumbled through the shower to come face to face with the last treant. "No problem, I am having too much fun~" I responded idly to Jonathan's comment, feeling the draconic bloodlust swirling around my gauntlets.

Spoiler

+1 EN

ID: 71609 | BD: 8 | CD: 11

+2 Recovery EN

24 Bleed Damage to Treant Soldier x4

Sword Art Used - Acupuncture: 12 x 3 x 3 - 30 = 108 - 30 = 78 DMG to Treant Soldier (10 EN -Rank 4-)

Party
Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 37/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D: 10 | M: 92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | P: 1

Enemies
Treant Soldier: 65/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 [Hate: Jonathan - 3]
Treant Soldier: -13/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30
Treant Soldier x4: -7/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30

LD: 14 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

Jonathan observed as Grave ducked around quickly as soon as the other trees fell to the ground. He struck one of the treants rapidly, and it shattered, leaving them only one left. Jonathan hefted his sword onto his shoulder, surveying the position of the treant. It appeared they were weak right in the center, and it would be easiest to cut there. He twirled his weapon, made a desision, and finally began his attack. The creature swung one of its long limbs a him and Jonathan ducked, kicking off the ground to get close enough to his target. He began to slash furiously, seven times in total. Quickly, the tree was left with nothing but a twig to just barely touch to snap. Jonathan sighed and backed off. Terribly sorry, my Damage output is not good yet. Jonathan sighed, cursing himself for being a tank once more. He liked being one, but he could not dish out damage. 

Spoiler

ID: 71624 | BD: 10 MD:3

Sword Art Used - Lasing Chooper: 10+2x7 = 84 - 30 = 54 DMG to Treant Soldier (6 EN -Rank 3-)

Party
@Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 37/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 62/62 | D: 10 | M: 92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | P: 1

Enemies
Treant Soldier: 11/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 [Hate: Jonathan - 6]
Treant Soldier: -13/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30
Treant Soldier x4: -7/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30

Edited by Morgenstern
  • 3 weeks later...

After cleaning out the second to last Treant, I watched Jonathan tear the wood from the survivor's oaken flesh with his blade, removing a large chunk from the Treant's once green health bar, now in the red danger zone. Jonathan cursed his poor damage output, and I grinned. "No worries! You set them up-" I called to him as I approached the ambling tree, preparing my <<Delayed Sword>> stance and lashing the monster with three powerful kicks, and finishing it with a heavy chop to the neck with my left hand, decapitating the tree man and causing him to explode into fragments of sapphire glass. "-and I will knock them down." I replied with a satisfied huff. "Let my energy regen for a moment before we hunt down the rest, I am kind of spent after that."

Spoiler

+1 EN

ID: 72555 | BD: 7 | CD: 6

+2 Rec EN

Sword Art Used - Delayed Sword: 12 x 4 = 48 - 30 = 18 DMG to Treant (4 EN)

Party
Grave: 560/560 HP | EN: 36/56 | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 10
Jonathan: 620/620 HP | EN: 55/62 | D: 10 | M: 92 | Reg: 36 | BH: 20 | P: 1

Enemies
Treant Soldier: -7/65 HP | D: 15 | M: 30 [Hate: Jonathan - 6]

LD: 3

Edited by Grave

Jonathan watched as his white haired ally decimated the last treant with ease. Jonathan smiled and sheathed his weapon, walking forward and patted the man on the back. Nice work! The tank sat on a fallen tree and took a sip of water. His dehydration levels were perfectly fine, but he needed a fresh taste in his mouth. After draining the bottle he chucked it against the ground allowing for it to shatter there. "Well, this quest is much easier than I expected. I guess most quests are just far too easy anymore. The only challenges are the boss fights. Occasionally there is a quest or two, but not that often."  Jonathan sighed and gazed around the area. This would be the boring part. Grave, being a DPS, used a lot of his energy. Jonathan never really used much energy unless he was going solo. He did not have that strong of a sword rank, meaning low energy cost. He smiled faintly to himself and waited for Grave to gain back his energy. 

• 1 month later...

I leaned back against the strangely flat trunk of a nearby tree, sighing and shutting my eyes as I felt the energy slowly returning to my avatar. "Well, this quest is quite a few levels below my level range, either of us could probably easily take it on solo, but it is just that much quicker and safer with the two of us bearing the load." I responded, cracking my left eye open to look at Jonathan. "Sorry we have to stop so long, that AOE attack I used is one of my least energy effective Sword Arts I have. Low damage for a high cost." I grumbled, shutting my eye again and running a hand through the silver locks upon my head. "We may as well start chasing after them, by the time we catch up my energy should be back."

+1 EN (37/56)

Edited by Grave

Jonathan sat on the ground knowing that Grave needed time to regain his energy. It would be back in due time, but he knew that they also needed to get moving. They could not get the leader get away. He looked at Grave as he spoke that this quest was a little underleveled. "Yeah, I have not been doing my quests, so I really need to start taking them and get back some SP. Everyone is leaving me in the dust. Right now, my focus is to get strong enough, and then start to go for some of the others like Guardian of Fire." Jonathan sighed. He stood at the man's last comment. "We can make chase, but it has to be easy. We can't afford taking any more time to let you get back energy. F we run to hard, it will spoil that." Jonathan smiled and prepared himself. "Let's go" he began to jog forward, ducking between trees, leaping over a few. It was nice not being alone, but when he took those few quests, he would probably carry a lower level, or just go alone.