[SP-F1] Writing a story (part 1) <COMPLETE>

Dominion has had quite an eventful beginning adventure to the game. He has met many different people, but only a couple of which he knew to a finer point. Dominion planned to keep this stuff written down in a journal, hopefully to look back to in the future. Dominion was in his now usual place to sleep, with a small book to write the people and adventures. He went to get a pencil from the tavern and ventured back his place along the side of the buildings. Dominion sat back down against the cold stone as he begins to write about his life in the other world, his recent endeavors, and what he intends to do in the future. Dominion started with his name at the top right corner of the first page. He also wrote what he thought was the date and the month since he logged on. Dominion was getting confused with the math and stopped trying to add up the math and just put the number one.

Edited by Dominion

He wrote It all started when I was traveling to China at the age of four. I was uncultured in the customs which my father had been accustomed to. I met many strange people with robes and no hair on top of their heads. They seemed rather nice, up until they began training me to fight. I would fight men with hands of iron, causing me to go unconscious every other night. During the alternating days, my father would train me in a martial art, that was said to counteract the moves which the previous bald guy had used against me. Well, I'm not quite sure if that was true, until all the bald guys had beat me to a pulp. However, once the first bald guy attacked me again, which took many days since there were quite a large number of bald guys, I was able to hold my ground to some degree. 

Dominion on multiple occasions had to rewrite the words he used in order for it to make any sense to the reader. Dominion read over what he had written twice after most revisions were made and began to continue writing. After continuing to be beat up the next few weeks, I, Oni, began training in weaponry. Not just any weaponry though, but the most protective form of weaponry. I used a weighted staff on a practice dummy for several days, until the dummy was in multiple pieces. Then, My father began training me in stick fighting, since I showed eagerness for it at such a young age. By my fifth birthday, I had nearly learned about how to wield a weighted weapon meant for adults or apparently special kids. This is why in SAO, I wield a Giant Great Axe that is not quite reasonable for my body type and size.

Edited by Dominion

Dominion stopped writing to look up at the sky. The day wasn't quite half way over, so Dominion knew he had time to burn, especially for writing. He thought long and hard for the next part as he seemed to relive it in his head over and over again. He looked down at the page to write, I may have been good with the weighted stick, but when I fought my father, I stood no chance. He was so under classed to his father that it wasn't funny. The man fought the monks every day in the morning, sending each and every one onto the ground, cringing at their torso or holding their arms and legs. Then He would bow towards the building and walk away. My father was so secretive on his past, but the monks gave me the information where he did not. After about a year in China, we left due to my fathers quit of rites

Dominion remembered getting hit in his side by his father's weighted staff and how he would feel so painful in the mornings until suddenly he was callused on all sides. Doing training like he did recently wouldn't have affected his real body, but this one seemed to be less attuned to physical pain. Dominion decided to write about his traveling to another country, even though most country experiences were becoming a blur to him. He still wrote on the first page, My father brought me with him to the next country being Russia. However, While I was still in the Chinese Monastic Supervision, I saw a kid older than me, truly beat to a point of death. I stopped my training, knowing full well the consequences of such an act, and began to bandage the older kid up.

Edited by Dominion

Dominion remembered this event in sadness, for he hoped to one day meet with that boy, Lee, again. Dominion wrote on the last of that page: While bandaging the kids wounds, I asked the older boy for his name. The boy tried to communicate, only to begin puking a mixture of food and blood. I brought him inside our monastery, knowing fully the consequences of this act as well, and acquired the "medical" monk. He had him in his office for several days before the kid came out, mostly recovered. When I went to meet the kid, he only made strange noises from his mouth. He then asked for a bowl of water, and began to draw Chinese characters on the ground. I was not very good with reading, so my dad told my it translated to: Hello, my name is Lee. Sadly, only a couple days later, my dad had been ordered to leave the monastic grounds permanently. And with the last letters being written by Dominion, he moved to the next page.  

My father and I could not understand the language nearly at all, but nothing was better than using it as an excuse to pick up a fight. I soon became accustomed no not attack the people who I just met, but try to help them out. However, the most memorable event from Russia was at a hospital. I was sitting in the waiting room alone to ask the doctor if I could apprentice with him, but when the door slightly creaked open, I became curious. Listening to what I could understand understand at the time, I heard from a woman talking to her kid about literally the birds and the bees... for me, this was a big success. However my curiosity overcame me and I managed to catch a bird and a bee several days later. I put them in a closet, awaiting a baby, but after several weeks past, I came back and the bird and the bee were sleeping. No babies were made, so now I am still left with questions. 

Edited by Dominion

Dominion glanced up to see only about an hour had passed as he had been revising and rereading his story, repeatedly looking for mistakes. Dominion looked back down at the second page, where he wrote about Russia, "This still confuses me. The Bird and the Bee should have made a baby, just as she said. However, they could have been both really tired and I didn't notice before putting them in that closet. Darn, guess they may be awake once I return from this game." Dominion began writing again on the second page. The next place I remember going to was around my seventh birthday. I remember walking in Italy, where a old guy was talking for hours. He spoke of many parables and weird circumstances, all of which seemed totally possible to me, until he said something about a tortoise and a human at a race. That is what made me curious. 

Edited by Dominion

The mans words were as follows "The Tortoise challenged Achilles to a race, and said that if Achilles gave him a small head start, he would surely win. Achilles was about to begin the race, when the tortoise convinced him to hear him out about why he would lose. How fast would it take you to reach me as we start the race said the tortoise. It would be very quick said Achilles. But while you have ran to get to where I am, I will have moved a short distance forward. Now lets say you catch up to that meter space between us said the tortoise. Then I will still have moved a even shorter amount forward. Thus, during the race, this will happen infinitely and you will not be able to surpass me. Achilles frowned and said I guess you are right tortoise, and with that conceded the race to the tortoise."-(Zeno of Elea) This result was not what I thought would happen in my head, but seemed pretty accurate.

Dominion then placed his pages to his right side as he began to stretch his arms and legs. The day seemed like it would be a good one, as background story reminded him of his dad and the many adventures they went on together. Dominion stood up from his place next to the wall and began walking around the city. A couple people were out and about, but for the most part it was quiet. Birds were not chirping since it was still morning, approaching noon. There was some slight clouds above the city, but he would have rather their be less than even that. flowers were beside certain buildings that made the overall appearance rather appealing. Dominion continued his travel around the city, stopping by the merchants on the first floor. "man, these prices are still so much more than what I can afford. It looks like it will be quite some time before I will be able to get good armor and a quality weapon." muttered Dominion under his breath.

Dominion walked out of the Merchants area of the first floor town and began to walk towards his spot again. He looked up at the sky once more as the sun was slightly before the noon hour still. Dominion sat against the cold stone and wood, hidden by the slight shadow produced by the light of the sun. He picked up the papers and began to write again where he had left off. Although it may have seemed accurate, I began to think of a question for the man. Not but a minute after he finished his talk, I confronted the man and asked this question: "Why is the tortoise so self absorbed? shouldn't he have known that the race is not a focus on a person, but a goal for both people to attain rather than one person hold and the other person try to reach? I understand both of what I said is competition, but that skewers the perception of the race." 

The man seemed almost amazed by something relating to my questions, and decided to answer them the best he could. "Well kid, you are not wrong by any means. The Tortoise, however self absorbed as he is, like Narcissus, is trying to win a race without having to race. He probably would have lost to Achilles, except that he persuaded him the Achilles couldn't pass him as long as the tortoise was the main thing to pass. The Tortoise has wits. Now, what made you so perceptive kid?" Well sir, I thought that it was possible, but at the same time, Achilles is a human and the Tortoise is a turtle. Turtles are slow creatures and Achilles is a human, which means he probably can at least run. There should have been no problem for Achilles to have take victor in that race..." I told the man. I only remained in Italy for a couple more months before moving to the next country.

Dominion flinched remembering the next important part of his back story. He began writing, We moved from place to place rather quickly before taking residence in the country known as Britain. I won't be able to forget that place since there seemed to be tea everywhere, just like in china. I was trying to cook one day for my father in an apartment building hidden from the rest of the world. It was practically dirt cheep, which was a good thing, because it let me become satisfied with my surroundings and overall environment. Not but an hour passed as I was waiting for some vegetables and something weird to cook on a skillet of sorts. It was totally black with a very rough looking appearance as it sit above a little circle. That circle didn't seem to do anything, but suddenly the vegetables were sizzling on the black skillet thing making loud snapping sounds.

What is going on? I thought to myself as the vegetables were jumping up and down on the skillet. I decided to grab the edge of the black skillet, which seemed like normal metal. For a brief second, I felt nothing besides the very thick texture of the metal. Then a sharp pain ran up my fingers and arm. What the heck? I thought as I moved my hand away from the seemingly hot metal. It doesn't look hot, but man, does that thing hurt. Maybe it was just me imagining, the sudden pain that seemed delayed. I reached out again with my right hand and placed my finger on the skillet. After a couple seconds, pain surged at the tip of my finger, hurting until it suddenly didn't anymore. Why is there no more pain on the tip of my finger? I don't understand. I spoke this aloud as a very terrible smell began to arise from the area of my finger on the skillet.

My father walked into the kitchen area to see me placing my finger on the skillet. This freaked him out, and caused him to move very fast to move my hands away from the skillet. My body was thrusted to the side and I was rendered breathless. I awoke to bandaged hands in my small room, which was about the size of a small closet. I called out to my father, asking for an explanation of what happened. When my father walked into my small room, he just leaned on the door and asked how I was doing. Well father, I am doing fine, especially since the pain stopped traveling through my fingers. My father looked very concerned, and told me that I would be fine as long as I just tried to recover. He began explaining about the nerve system that was in the body, and how it correlated with what I had recently done.

Dominion moved on from the subject of Britain to India, as he made the transition onto the next page. Not much later than that incident, my father and I were sent to India, mostly because there was very few people in that country who were looking for him. When I arrived in India, we were getting off of our ship voyage, which was really neat. I decided that the sea was really cool, but several people seemed sick literally and figuratively. As I walked onto the mainland, I witnessed a small group of people get shot by a line of gunmen. The group of people fell on the beach, red sprayed everywhere. I remember looking back to my father and saying, Look how great the military of India is! My father was by no means amused, as he looked in terror at the scene. How about you go to the first area with rooms and ask for a room for the both of us. My father said these words almost shuddering. 

I honestly didn't understand the problem with showing off such a great military force, and to be blunt, I still don't understand. However, on this matter, I didn't and don't question the reasons my dad makes to send me away from supposed "harm". Now, As I turned to face away from the spray of red and people laying still on the ground, I ran. I ran until I reached a line of buildings, which one of them seemed to be rather large. When I finally found a place that I could enter, I began to converse with the main person behind the counter. Then I asked if we could buy a room or two, and the person allowed us to have it for free. I was extremely happy with this, but I didn't dare go back to my father, who stayed at the sight of the military force. As I waited for him to return, I just counted straw from the bedside of my room.

When my father finally arrived at the tavern thing, I asked him what had happened. his clothes were in taters and hit body seemed to be slightly bruised, but there was a slight smile on his face. He seemed very tired, so I helped him set up the room. When it was time to go to bed, my father had already been asleep for an hour or so. I still have no idea what happened that day at the scene, but my father didn't seem to mind anymore. I fell into a deep sleep that night, to be awoken by my father very early. GET UP ONI, WE MUST LEAVE NOW! yelled my father as he shook me awake. We both gathered our small amount of belongings and ran out of the tavern. We got to the shore to see a group of men beside a row boat. A man was in the ocean, seeming to be on his way back from swimming out into the Ocean.

The man was swimming with vigorous strokes, seeming to make some progress when suddenly he dropped under the ocean surface. I looked out onto the surface of the Ocean to see no signs of movement besides the waves on the beach. Suddenly a body came hurtling towards the shore, seemingly still. It crashed into the shore with great force, leaving him further up on the beach. He layed on the ground with drenched clothing and bare feet. My father told me to follow as we turned to the left towards a dock further away. We didn't go near the man laying on the beach, but I really wanted to congratulate him for his accomplishment. I began to run after my father who had made a little more of a distance between us. My feet were cold on the shaded sand, as I did not wear shoes for a long time. 

I arrived on the dock in India, where my father stood. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the side as a group of people with guns walked by. He put his finger over his mouth as a sign to me to be silent. We had practiced this in the monastery in China, where I would follow the monks unnoticed. I understood and gave him a nod. He turned and ran away from the place with great speed. He seemed to target a medium sized shipcraft attached to the dock. We both got in and attempted to start it. After what seemed like a long time, the lights of the ship turned on and we thought we started the engine thing. My father attempted to put it in reverse, but instead moved forward in the small dock space and crashed into the dock itself. He knew the sound must have attracted attention.