[OP-NK-F7] Lost Soul

As Eth perched motionless on the edge of a mirror-like lake, staring at his own reflection in silent judgement, a message flashed up before his eyes. He couldn't remember the last time he'd received one after he dropped off the face of Aincrad as he occasionally did - he wondered what on Earth it could be about. Waving a hand to open the message, the air current disturbing the water beneath him for a moment as he did so, the green-clad man's curiosity grew. A spark of initiative came over him as eyes darted over the contents of the message. "A event, eh? It's certainly been a while.." he muttered to himself as he leaned back onto the grass behind him. The message read something about the finest food and drink in Aincrad, but they all just seemed like squiggles to him right now.

Memories began to float back from everything he'd seen in his time here, the rise and inevitable fall of so many he once followed and later led. Grim, Keith, Ssendom, Zelrius, Daeron, Dirgun, Ruri. Ruri.. So many tragedies, so many reasons why he chose to go on these absences to calm his soul. It was a wonder he hadn't gone mad long ago, having lost the majority of his friends to this death game.. Lying there, he stared up at the sky and eventually settled his gaze on a road that peeked over the horizon.

Edited by Ethereal

Now who was to ruin the sight for the one that laid on the ground? A concerned skinny white-haired teenager that was looking for something new to do. It was the same scenario that he had seen with another player, one lying down by the lake for no real reason at all. They all seemed to have some sort of angst as well, which was odd considering their peaceful facial expressions in the first place. However, this player in particular seemed to have that pattern broken, for they seem to not be so relaxed and collected, but… Well, he was unable to identify quite yet. Reading emotions through facial expressions was supposed to be his specialty, since he worked with them well and all. But perhaps this being was just that good at keeping that concealed. So of course, he’d have to make his own presence known before doing anything. Was there a chance that this could be used to gather some more data on the game? Perhaps. But players were either mixed between being extremely high levels, or ground low levels. There seemed to be no in-between, to this player was questionable as of this moment.

He took his chances and approached the one lying on the ground, but refused to place the assault spear from his inventory into his hands like he had done in the past. That never really gave them a sense of comfort, even if it meant that Sey had to give in a bit of his own. This player was lying on the ground doing nothing, and their crystal marked that they were a decent player according to the system. "Yo, are you all right?" A common question considering the man on the ground was... Well... On the ground.

Nixon had walked to the seventh floor looking for people that he had met before, his friends list had been whipped when the lightning struck. He was followed by Dominion. “So, Dominion, You want to know about my poetry, ehh?” Nixon asked with a chuckle, “I would be happy to tell you!” Nixon opened his menu while walking and ran straight into Sey. 

“Oh, man, I am so sorry!” Nixon said once he stabled himself. “It’s what I get for not paying attention to my surroundings.” He looked around and saw a man, clad in green looking over a lake 

“Eth?!” Nixon said with surprise in his voice “Is that you? Its been a long time! How have you been? Do you mind if I sit next to you?” Nixon’s Face had its normal warmness and his striking blue eyes seemed as though they were smiling with him. Looking back to Sey he said, “If there is anything I can do to make up for that Sey, you let me know alright?”

Dominion was right behind Nixon as they traveled to the seventh floor. "Yeah, I sure as heck would like to read one of your poems. Poetry seems somewhat form based, but the word choices are as free as a creek in the other world as time moves on. The flow of poetry can change as it pleases as long as it flowing within its boundaries." Dominion realized there was a group of people just up ahead, but didn't realize to tell Nixon before  NIxon walked right into Sey. "Hey Sey, whats up? How have you been? I've just been following Nixon in order to read some of his poetry, because I am clueless to most of the rules that apply to different forms, and later how to break those rules knowingly." Dominion took little notice to the man behind Sey, besides the fact that there was a figure of a human laying down on the ground.

Edited by Dominion