[PP-F1] From the Beginning (Kalina)

Vargas sat on the water fountain, watching as players passed by. Some shopping, others forming parties, and many trying to just get by in the game. He wore his usual green cotton shirt and black baggy cotton pants. He'd yet to buy or obtain any other clothing to wear. You didn't need to wash clothes in this world but it did become drab sometimes when you wore the same thing, day in and day out. His strawberry blonde was given a nice glisten due to the water from the fountain splashing on him some. He looked into the reflective surface as he considered what to do. He wasn't bothered by the repetition of the actions he took in this world. It was a game, one that was there reality in which death was all too real. His hazel eyes stared back at him from his own reflection. He joined this game to enjoy another reality instead his original. He still wasn't sure if he wanted to leave to face the outside,but he knew he had plenty of time to think about that with only nineteen floors having been opened thus far.

Kalina walked through the town like she had places to be, and had a somewhat agitated expression on her face. So far the game hadn't been going too much in her favor. She sat down at the same as the other player and let out a long huff, dipping her hand in the water and starting to wipe off some of the dirt that was on her. She tried exploring some of the first floor, but dang. The elements had their way. 

"Stupid boars, one day..."

She grumbled while scrubbing, making sure that she looked at least somewhat presentable. Being low level was definitely a bummer, but she wasn't too terribly stressed by it. If anything it fed into her desire to become better. She could be a little pushy, meaning she didn't take well to being pushed herself. She didn't even notice the other player beside her as she went on cleaning herself and ranting with mumbles.

The water rippled as the girl cleaned herself of the dirt and disturbed the reflective surface. Looking up, Vargas saw her next to him. He couldn't tell much as she sat there wiping herself clean. What he could make out of her was that she had blonde hair with a sectioned strand being a teal coloration. When her eyes opened he caught a glimpse of the pale ruby spheres within. He could hear her mumble about "stupid boars" and realized she must be a low level player having decided to outside in the fields. At first, Vargas considered leaving her alone, but then he remembered how many times he'd been in that same position. Half the time he'd nearly died. If he left her on her own and she went out once again to try to fight then she might end up another strike on the Monument of Life.

Sighing, Vargas raised his hand and tapped on her shoulder before drawing it away. "From what I could hear, you are having difficulty fighting the mobs on the floor. Could I be of any assistance?" He offered her while hoping that, by helping, he wasn't putting himself in another near death situation.

Edited by Vargas

She looked up and raised a brow, a few droplets of water running down her soft cheek and then dripping off her chin. Kalina rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. A lot of other players had jumped on this whole situation as a chance to pick up chicks. And Kalina, being a fairly attractive girl, wasn't an exception to such advances. So she frequently told them where they could put their offers.

"What, you calling me delicate? It's just a dedication thing. I'll be one-shoting boars in no time, thanks."

She said with a sassy little head bob. She had a pretty big sense of pride too, and didn't seem to admit that she needed some help. After being outside and becoming victim to some of the most petty monsters in the entire game said pride had already taken some damage. So right now, she was kinda between a rock and a hard place. Either way she looked at it she would have to grudgingly do something she normally wouldn't do. Kalina let out a sigh and gave a sideways glance to Vargas.

"But if you need help killing boars, I guess I can spare some time. I'm Kalina."

Vargas looked at her a little incredulously. This girl had a very apparent sense of pride. She'd gone ahead and tried to completely swap the situation. "Umm....I'm not the one covered in dirt muttering about getting trounced by boars." Vargas stated bluntly. He understood not putting yourself down and having a good opinion of yourself but already this girl seemed like she had an ego. "Mines Vargas and I never said anything about you being delicate. I just know how annoying it is being knocked around by those boars. Been there, didn't enjoy it. Clarifying the issue of her 'delicacy'. Taking another look at her he realized that her clothing showed quite a bit of her midriff and didn't seem to have any armor. Rather, she was much like him when he'd started and had only the basic clothing you chose to begin with. Push off from the fountain he started walking off towards the gates. Turning back to her he said, "I suggest following if you're coming along."

Standing up, she allowed a little smirk to play on her lips. 

"So you do need my help! Well, because it's around Christmas, I guess there's no problem in lending you a hand. Here, I'll send a party request."

Kalina swiped her hand in the air and sent a party request to Vargas, speed walking over to stand by him. Apparently she had convinced herself that she was the one giving help now, and that Vargas was the one trying to cover up the need for assistance. This girl is ridiculous. She placed a hand on the pummel of her rapier that was strapped to her waist, nodding confidently. Her weapon was still default as well, so she didn't have any upper-hands against any foes in the game until she got it to be a little beefed up. Though she felt it inside, she wasn't going to openly admit that she was excited she was about to finally get stronger and start making some accomplishments in the game.

Vargas opened his mouth to respond but closed it thinking better of it. There was no getting through to this girl apparently. After quickly accepting the party request, Vargas went through his menu and equipped his armor. His sword he always had available but he didn't see a need to keep his armor on outside the field. Her gear was the basic default. Her weapon of choice, rapier, and the clothing she picked to garb her character from characterization login. As they exited outside the gates Vargas looked around the fields for any mobs they could fight. Spotting a boar on it's own Vargas lead the way over to it before stopping just outside it's aggro range. "I'm assuming you don't have any actual armor yet so don't attack until I've drawn away its attention for you. Otherwise, it will kill you quickly," Vargas ordered Ashe drew his blade. Getting closer to it he charged up his <Vertical Slash> before charging at the boar.

ID #72001

BD: 2+1(ACC)=3 (Miss)

MD: 10 (Crit)

DMG: 10+2=12-18(MIT)=1

Before Vargas had started up his sword skill the boar had already sensed him and was charging at him. As his skill was released the boar slammed into him, throwing off his skill. With his high health and armor the damage was basically nullified.

Boar HP: 4/4

Vargas HP: 159/160 Energy: 14/16

Kalina HP: 20/20 Energy: 2/2

Edited by Vargas