[PP-F4] That One Day <<Worn out welcome>> (Sey)

Minnie swung her legs on the bench. She wasn't that tall for eleven, average. She had that one face also that anybody would melt for. She climbed off and looked around. Nothing had really changed since this death game happened, other that a new shop was in town. WAIT. A new shop! Minnie rushed over to look at it and saw it was an armour shop. Usually, when she went into bakery's or bars, she would use her face, pout and eyes fill up with tears and guilt trip the owners to give her a piece of bread or glass of water. She had no col, and armour wasn't her specialty so she sat outside it. 

Edited by Minnie Mouse

There was a lot that he had done before he had taken this quest. Now his armor and his equipment were nearly maxed out to the exact point that he wanted it to be at. Almost was the keyword however, and one might wonder what was needed. In all honesty, col. Beat told him that 100,000 Col was not too much like the snow-haired player had expected it to be, which was unfortunate since that also meant that it would have been easy, but Sey just had trouble picking it up. That was more embarrassing than anything. So he would look around to see if there was anything he could sell at a local shop near him, the NPC shop that got him his first armor. However, upon arrival, he would notice a little girl with a green crystal above her head. A child that was real. "Hey there. Are you okay? What are you doing here by yourself?" He'd ask her, now genuinely curious and somewhat concerned for her.

Minnie quickly looked up and saw a man. She started edging away, smiling a fake smile but her eyes were so large and scared looking, anyone could notice her fear. "Perfectly fine, thank you. I need to go now, my..." Minnie quickly looked around and saw an old woman walking around. "My...Grandmothers calling me. Nice to meet you." She was about to walk away but stopped and looked at the man. He was young, younger then 20 at least. He looked concerned and she instantly felt bad. "Never mind. My name's Minnie." Minnie said, the fear leaving her and her usual happy self took over. She held out her hand and stood on her toes so she could be just a bit taller. 

Edited by Minnie Mouse

Well, no talking to strangers is definitely a rule back in the real world. And it might have applied in this world as well. In a safe zone though, that was most likely debatable. The health bar did not go down while the players were not in a duel. So this girl probably was in no danger. At least, not with him. But he did not really know any better, it was not like he had to deal with a child before. He was an only one after all. "Well hello there, Minnie. Call me Sey. Are you lost? Or is there an adult looking after you?" He'd ask with a genuine smile on his face. It was nice to find whoever was supposed to be looking after her. After all, it was not like he himself was a homeowner. Maybe there was some orphanage around here that could be made for the children who need help with surviving, but are unable to actually fight. They would have to grow up and hopefully be able to fight in the frontlines.

Minnie looked down. She thought about her parents. Maybe she should lie, tell him her parents were in the game but shopping. She hated lying, thinking about it made her sick in her mouth. She could definitely act and that's what she called lying, simply acting. But this was a game, she had no career to ever be an actress like the celebrity's in the real world. She slowly shook her head, her twin tails going each way in sync. Her blue eyes filled with tears. "My parent's...They are out in the real world, worried sick. I have nobody. I've been wandering here, relying on my looks to earn me some water and bread. Minnie said slowly, thinking about how sad she'd been, nobody to help her. Now she could make friends with this man, but she wouldn't rely on anyone, she used herself for everything. 

"So there is no one around here to help you, eh?" Sey would ask, placing his hands up behind the back of his head while looking up, thinking about how he should assess the situation. A part of him told him to comfort her, telling her that everything will be okay. but the other part of him told him that he needed to be real with her, and that by treating her like a baby, she will suffer the fate of many unfortunate players. "I think there might be a few places you can stay, but they all are going to be pricy. I can assume you have no Col... Right...?" He'd ask her before looking into the shop. It held a quest in there that offered just that. "Looks like you have come to the right place. There is a quest that you can take, and it provides a decent amount of col and will give you something that resembles armor as well. In this game, you have to have good clothing. Perhaps you'd like to see what's inside?"

Minnie was already skipping inside. She didn't need anyone to baby her, take care of her as if she a pet. She only used her baby looks to survive in this death game. "Yeah but...I have one question." Minnie said to him. It would be great to get some col, but she had one problem. "What exactly is...a quest?" Minnie asked suddenly and looked embarrassed . She hadn't done quite enough exploring, and when she did find a quest, she ignored it because she didn't know what or how to do it or what it was. She was a quick learner if she wanted to and she just needed be told what to do. "You just have to tell me what to do." She explained, making herself clear.

He would place his hands in his pockets as he would walk inside of the shop. "You'll have to find out for yourself, right?" Sey had the intentions of teaching her, rather than holding her hand. He'll gladly help her, but just telling her was not going to help in any way. Puzzles were existent, and sometimes, one had to solve them alone. "Come with me, we'll speak to the NPCs over here. Your goal will be to find out quest they offer." The snow-haired player would explain with a small smile on his face, his tone calm and patient. Maybe here and there, he'll hint her. But in the end, he wanted her to understand the game enough to survive on her own one day. That was what all players had to do. If they can fight, they needed to. "You will see a man and his wife here. Try asking for a weapon. Put those negotiating skills to the test." This was the same exact training Sey had received from his father back when he was her age.

Minnie looked hesitant. She never had to fight for things or to negotiate. She was simply a spoilt child. "I'm not so sure." She said quietly yet he didn't hear. He explained she should go into the shop and try asking for a weapon. She stumbled slowly into the shop and saw a man and his wife, but she knew they were NPC's. It just happened to be one of her few skills. he walked towards the counter and hid her face shyly. "Ask for a weapon?" She whispered to Sey. Did they sell weapons? She had no clue. She stared up to the NPC's. She was slightly shaking. 

He chuckled a little bit as he smiled, her innocence was most certainly evident. And this was a child after all, but what defines a child anymore in a game of life or death? While the real life is the same thing, this was a world where enforcement is extremely minimal. "I promise, they won't hurt you or anything. Not while I'm here. Something like 'Excuse me, may I buy a weapon?'" The snow-haired player would explain. He knew that the girl would not get a weapon, but an armor instead. It was just something to be expected when taking the quest, a bit of correction before an explanation. Sometimes, one had to settle when they were starting out in a game. "Remember, the NPCs are not your enemies. if anything, they want to help. But they need to know you need help first before they can even do anything to do that." But he was not going to be the one to ask. He was a teacher for now.

Minnie looked up to him with concentrated face on, and walked confidently to the counter. She wasn't the most confident person, but once she was pushed to the edge of either falling off for being shy or escape for being confident, she always took the second option. The NPC's weren't there to hurt her, they were there to help her in her journey back to her parents, and she had to trust them or she wouldn't escape. Every step she took could be heard in the silence her hyper-active self always made. She rested her arms on the countertop, as her facial expression relaxed. "Could I have a weapon please?" She asked loudly. 

Sey would watch with a smile and his arms crossed as the girl would go to approach the NPCs and ask them for a weapon. The lady would turn around to address the girl. "Well hi there! A weapon you say? I'm afraid I can't let you do that, knives are dangerous you know." She would explain, but continue to speak with a smile. Seems like the NPC fell for the charm of the young child. "But, if you want to play pretend, maybe you can get an adult to find some cloth or metal! We can make a nice outfit for you if you can bring that back to me and my husband!" And so the snow-haired player would walk over to the girl, placing his hand on her shoulder. "You did it. Now you accepted the quest. Don't worry about the monster, I'll handle it. Just follow me." He explained as he would then walk out of the shop, ready to hold the door open. Once that was done, he would make his way towards the border of the safe zones.

Edited by Sey

Minnie skipped along beside Sey. She was curious, and bubbly but she could get annoying very quick. She liked to ask questions. She got a little frustrated by the lady who claimed weapons were dangerous for her and she should get an adult to help her. Minnie was very capable of those things at her age. Lindsey had taught her. At the thought of Lindsey, a sigh creeped out of Minnie and she thought about the funny red head. "So, How's your family life?" Minnie asked outright to the man. Minnie didn't care if these questions were personal. She only wanted answers.

"Family life? I assume you mean the real world? I wish I knew. Kind of hard without a connection there, or so I would like to think." He explained as he continued to walk forward. Such personal questions about his previous existence, none of which really mattered to him since they were not within reach. Now he needed this world and it's comfort, as much of it as he could get. Many players go insane and throw their lives away instead of trying to fight for a better future. Getting to that point in time is not what he needed. "In this game, there are others waiting for us. But they would not want us to die just because we are sulking for them. They cared about us enough to not rip off our nervegear, so we should fight for them the way they fight for us, even if that means we have to stop thinking about them for a bit." He explained as the both of them would get nearer and nearer towards a forest out in the distance, familiar to him since he once had to fight against the monster that resided within it.

Minnie didn't realise the conversation would get so personal. She's usually so goofy, nothing seemed so personal apart from Lindsey's death in her life. Even when she wasn't asked for started speaking. "Before this game, my family were on a trip to Japan...My sister...Lindsey...Got hit by a (Rather rude word 11 year olds should never use) drunk driver. Nothing seemed meaningful after that." Minnie explained. She didn't even care she used a word most children and adults would avoid. Her mother, ith her formal dresses and pearl jewelry used the word when talking to Minnie's father about Lindsey after that dreadful night, and Minnie's father, with his clean suits and combed backed hair, became one of them. A drunk driver potentially killing some innocent child like Lindsey.

"You certainly have a way with words, seems like there is no filter. Not that it really matters, they are words at the end of the day." Sey would explain. Honestly, he did not care about a child cursing, or if they should be even knowing that in the first place. Everyone was bound to use it sooner or later, and she seems to know when to use her tongue and when to keep it shut. A skill in both business and life, extremely useful. "So why here then? A video game in virtual reality. To get away from some memories of her for a few hours of fun is all I could imagine." He paused for a moment, he was drilling a bit too hard. "Eh, you don't have to answer that. I'm in the same boat as you anyways, trapped in the game. I guess I'm just lucky to not have anything too bad happen to me yet. Generic, but is that such a bad thing?" He explained as he would enter the forest, and on the hunt for the dark elf he would go. "The dark elf will arrive soon, best be ready."

Once Minnie was ready she looked to Sey. "I wanted to come here for a few hours, get away from everything, then go hang with Akiko, forget my crying parents. But like us all, I got trapped here like the rest of us, no way about it." Minnie said without rest. Her eyes were narrowed, looking for things. She leaned against a tree, waiting for Sey's answer. She used common sense, a good virtue but sometimes her sense got her into trouble. "Maybe I just wanted to spend time in a game with my friend who happened to not be allowed play the game. Maybe I want to be at home right now!" Minnie said, her voice rising. When she to frustrated, which was very easily done, she exaggerated. This was one of those times. 

His head was hung down asnd eyes were closed, closing his mind to senses around him for a few seconds as he let his ears drink up the sorrowful word of the little girl, all while keeping a neutral shaped pair of lips. "You're not the only one who wants to be at home you know." Sey would reply simply before opening up his violet eyes, keeping his voice calm like he usually did when dealing with business. "You say you miss your family, but in this world, you have to make your own family. I found people who took me for who I am, and those that you call your friends are the ones that you trust like family." An explanation to be cut off by the sudden arrival of the Dark Elf as it leaped out in front of the both of them with a little dagger in it's right hand. It would snarl at the two of them, though Sey stared back at it without even a single ounce of shock injected in him. "Minnie, mind if you stay back for a bit? The adults need to have a little word with each other."

Sey: 260/260 HP  7 Dmg l 27 Mit l +5 BH l 26/26 Energy

Dark Elf: 12/12

Minnie hung her head, listening to everything he had to say. Once he finished, she looked up and her big eyes turned away straight away. Minnie saw the creature and once it snarled, she screamed out loudly. Sey told her to stay back, so pretending to walk away, she climbed up a tree, her eyes wide watching. She couldn't believe it. ow could he take on....that? It seemed like a simply TERRIBLE idea. She crossed her fingers. "Please don't die!" She whispered to herself. It felt like she was an audience watching a torture show. It didn't feel good.

"Die? Please. That won't happen, not while I have you to take care of right now." Sey would explain as he would look forward towards the dark elf as it would slash at his stomach with the dagger, the health bar dropping only a pixel amount before then being recovered. The elf would look at him with confused cold eyes, trying to slice at him with it's attacks, but none of them could touch his health bar. "I miss my family and friends as well. Trust me, I do. But I need to put my feelings aside, because I want to provide for all the other 10,000 players in this game as well. They all have families and friends as well. Monsters like these... They try to split us from them. But if we focus on our lives and build bonds here..." Sey would explain as he continued to take the barrage of the blows, but to no avail as the dark elf would look at him with crazed eyes, most likely wondering how he was still able to hold up.

Sey: 260/260 HP  7 Dmg l 27 Mit l +5 BH l 26/26 Energy

Dark Elf: 12/12 (9-27) - 5 = 0 Dmg to Sey

ID: 72355

BD: 3

MD: 6

@Minnie Mouse

Edited by Sey