[F11- Rank 9 Cook] Halcyon's Keep (Frontlines)

Sey would proceed to make a few more items, this time at the request of a partner of his. A friend? Not really, it was just the business industry. As for why he bothered to give this for free, it was not because it was on the frontlines. It was also because he had plenty of these items to throw away anyways, he might as well try to do something with them. So with that said, he would then place the materials down and make a lot more ice cream. It required milk, ice, vanilla, and a lot of food coloring. There were a few more things he could add, but with the many orders that were arriving, he needed to be able to conserve as many materials as he possibly could. With this said, he would then have four more perfect ice cream cones placed into the freezer. He'll have them delivered to his clients very soon.

Spoiler

Name: Ice Dream
Profession: Cook
ID:  83577
Roll: 11 + 2 = 13
Item Type: Meal
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Essential Nutrients
Description: All the colors of the rainbow on a vanilla ice cream cone. Oh, and nutrients apparently. Ice cream = healthy confirmed.

ID:  83580
Roll: 10 + 2 = 12
Description: All the colors of the rainbow on a vanilla ice cream cone. Oh, and nutrients apparently. Ice cream = healthy confirmed.

ID:  83584

ID:  83586
Roll: 12

+60 Exp

+2 CD

-10 T2 Mats

http://prntscr.com/f31khk

Edited by Sey
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back on the eleventh floor, Teion entered Halcyon's Keep. The woman had already sent off a message to Sey a couple days prior, and another early that morning with a last-minute addition to her request. She hoped the white-haired player didn't feel as though she was stretching her end of their contract, but his replies indicated that he didn't seem to mind. Shrugging off her concern as she slipped through the door, Teion quickly located the man in question and brought up a hand in greeting. "Hey again," She said simply, walking up to the counter. "You're sure you don't need anything in return?" She must have had some lingering feelings of asking too much of the man to keep quiet.

Piera had been exploring a bit more lately in between her long crafting sessions. Sometimes getting too into her craft made her a bit too introspective. Thinking of people who were no longer there and why. Sometimes it gave her more drive to craft or get more materials, but it wasn't always a good thing. So she tried to force herself to go out and explore the various cities, towns and villages that Aincrad had to offer. Lately she had been enjoying Taft. It was a bustling city and seemed to be a trade capitol, though she wondered how many crafters picked up and relocated here because of it. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to look around and see for herself.

Most of them seemed to all be talk and not that high ranked in their respective crafts. Perhaps the big city wasn't the way to go. Piera continued wandering around until she came across a rather humble looking shop and instantly took a liking to it. She always appreciated a more plain approach. Entering the shop labeled 'Halcyon's Keep', the woman's green eyes widened behind her glasses at the very modern (for Aincrad at least) appearance of the restaurant. Mouth slightly open as she looked around, she felt mildly silly in her fairly medieval dark purple dress. If she didn't know any better it was nearly like she had just stepped back into the real world.

Blinking rapidly as she was greeted,  "Welcome to the Keep. How may I help you today?" Piera closed her mouth with a swallow as her eyes flicked over to the speaker. The player was male, standing behind the counter of the bar and having a pleasant and demure smile that put her at ease. "Ah, hello there, Halcyon I assume? Um..." She hadn't really come for any particular reason but didn't want to admit that so wracked her brain for something. "Do you happen to have any items that could give buffs when you craft?"

The first to arrive was her, the business partner. She came in and greeted him, shortly following it up with a confirmation. This was a rare moment for him, to give out what he liked to have for his shop. But they were partners for a reason, and they were both players at the end of the day. "Yeah, don't worry about it. Here you go." The snow-haired player would tell @Teion as he would flick an HUD screen open. With two clicks, he would launch the materials into her inventory through a free trade. The next one to arrive right after Teion came a brunette, timid-looking but polite. Business should be easy with her... He thinks so anyways. "Sey, my name is Sey. And yes I do. The pricing for them being... Five materials. Though... That's for the frontlines." He recalled, reminding himself that. The other prices were cut off, and considering this was just a crafting item she needed. To make sure, he would open up her HUD screen options, a scan being ran before the game told him of her approximate level. Thanks to their level differences, his own scan was a lot more accurate. "Hm, a first tier player. Considering it's a craft, I don't mind giving you one for free since prices seem to be down for now. I think this should suffice." So he turned to the freezer right behind him, plucking a vanilla ice cream cone colored with all sorts of neons before handing it to her. "It's called an Ice Dream, this should do the trick."

-1 Ice Dream (+1 CD) to @Piera

-10 Mats to @Teion

Shield stepped into the shop, a little confused at first, since he had been in Sey's shop a number of times and this did not seem the place for a performer. Still, he spotted @Kooh, the person who seemed most performer-like, and sidled up to her.

"I don't think I know you, but I'm known as Shield," he said, inclining his head in greeting to the supposed performer. "From the little I've gathered, it seems like you're just setting up shop. I have need of a recording, if you can spare the time. I can cover you for the material components, and even provide a custom instrument if need be. I'm going to be switching companions, so I'll need a Familiar's Call."

He opened a transfer window and selected a number of items, including an instrument, a potion of crafter's respite, a food item to add a bonus to crafting checks, and a number of recording crystals.

"Merchants and performers have a lot to gain from working together, so consider this an investment in your shop for the sake of future business dealings."

[OOC: Specific exchanges TBA in chat]

Edited by Shield

Blinking at the correction, the brunette's ears reddened at her incorrect assumption and immediately apologized, "S-Sorry. Shouldn't have assumed. It's a good name. Your shop I mean. And yours!" Clearing her throat, the alchemist focused on what he was saying about pricing, wincing slightly at the material price for the kind of item she was looking for. She wasn't entirely sure what he meant about the frontlines, but assumed that he meant that he had different prices set for players fighting on the front lines of Aincrad. Many crafters did that, she was one of them, though she only did it when the battle against the floor boss was near. She was about to politely decline as she needed all of her materials to complete her orders when the white haired man commented on her tier. Pulling at the fringe of her bangs, Piera replied, "Yeah...I'm kinda low leveled. I pretty much just sit in my shop and craft the majority of the time. I'm not that great at combat."

Perking up as he began to speak again, her eyebrows shot up above her glasses as he offered her the item for free, handing her a brightly decorated vanilla ice cream cone. Taking the cone out of instinct more than anything, green eyes flicked from the treat to the player who crafted it a few times before asking, "For free, are you sure? I could do a trade if you like. Er, for anything other than perfect items. I'm an alchemist by the way. Piera." She held out the hand not holding the Ice Dream to shake Sey's. "I have literal crates full of wacky potions and plenty of uncommon and rare items as well if you're interested."

The ice cream was starting to look so good, she leaned closer to take a lick before realizing something and stopping herself. "Heh...should probably wait to eat it until I'm ready to craft." The healer inventoried the treat before it could melt (could it even melt) and looked at Sey expectantly.

Hm, she did not seem too keen on the idea of taking something for free. Looks like he gets to add one more trade to the list of many. She offered a hand out to him and asked if he would like anything. Tilting his head to the side, he would then place out his right hand to shake that of the brunette. "Well, if you have any, I would like some rare damage potions. In doing that, we would be able to have a small amount of damage increase. I would prefer it to be the second tier though." With that, he would then let her hand go. She seemed like a nice lady, perhaps a bit too timid for her age considering he seemed to be the negotiator of the two, but she was too sweet. It was hard to not help her out. Besides, during this season, it's hard to believe that she was not doing this to help the front lines. "It's fine if you don't have it. You can keep the Ice Dream anyways."

Giving the man's hand a firm shake, she heard out his request. Eyes narrowing in thought, wracking her brain trying to remember if she had that kind of potion...most of her tier two materials went into the best of her crafts, but Macradon had been fairly generous and she had bought some from Lee... Realizing that she was simply staring off into space and hadn't answered him, Piera explained, "Sorry, trying to remember what I have. Sometimes my crafts all just kinda blur together." Swiping open her menu, green eyes flicked over the contents of her inventory before brightening. "Aha! You're quite in luck."

[Piera Traded 3 Rare Tier 2 Damage Potions to Sey]

Smiling as she sent the trade off, the alchemist said, "I won't miss those much anyway. Most of the frontliners are pretty much Perfect items or nothing. And I promise you that your Ice Dream will go to a good cause." Starting to back away, the brunette raised a hand in a wave as she said, "I'll be sure to come back and actually buy something from you sometime. Drop by my shop on the third floor if you ever need anything." With that, Piera took her leave.

Spoiler

Name: Blackfyre's Vengeance

Your Profession: Alchemist

Your Rank: 7

ID: 83591

Roll: 11

Item Type: Potion

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: Damage

Description: An oblong shaped glass vial filled with molten gold liquid with occasional black swirls in it when turned or tipped. The concoction smells of freshly ironed linens and tastes fairly sour, like a bitter fruit unique to Aincrad. After consumption, gives the user plus four to their damage for one thread.

Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/8534-f3-pieras-potent-potions-pk-accessible/?do=findComment&comment=516108

Name: Lowenthal's Revenge

Your Rank: 7

ID: 83785

Roll: 10

Description: An oblong shaped glass vial filled with cloudy yellow liquid that smells of sunscreen but tastes of perfectly mixed lemonade. After consumption, gives the user plus four to their damage for one thread.

Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/8534-f3-pieras-potent-potions-pk-accessible/?do=findComment&comment=516322

Name: Ssendom's Bloodrage

Your Rank: 6

ID:  83788

Roll: 10

Tier: 1

Description: A tall rectangular glass vial filled with dark red liquid that has the tang of an energy drink combined with the bite of iron. After consumption, gives the user plus four to their damage for one thread.

Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/8534-f3-pieras-potent-potions-pk-accessible/?do=findComment&comment=516322

Edited by Piera

Jon would walk into the shop, and smiled to Sey. He needed a Alcoholic Item to be able to deal more damage to the boss. As a Tank, his Evasion was already quite low, meaning the point of keeping it up was pointless. The boss was already surely to hit. He might as well take a Alcoholic and deal some damage to it before it died. He could actually contribute to such battle. He looked around at the food items and said, "I am also in need of a Perfect Alcoholic" He would look upon the items and find one of the perfect quality items. He smiled to it and picked it up before handing Sey a few materials to suffice for the payment. "See you at the boss battle. I expect you to be a good contribution, even though it is your first" He moved to the door, waving before Exiting the shop. He would need to be at his best of buffs, dealing more damage, and taking quite a bit. This was the gateway to Tier three. They were finally getting into more dangerous areas of the floors. They were moving on though. 

+ Perfect Alcoholic Item
-4 T2 mats

It was time to craft. There was going to be a huge supply of alcoholics ready when he was opening up again. It was going to take a little bit, but if he wanted the big orders to go somewhere, he was going to have to make sure to get them fast. Right now, he might not want to have many orders. But it was going to be a bit difficult considering the many recent events. Still though, he planned to go to the outside world and go gather with all of the loot that he could get. The material count would be very high at the end of the search, and possibly enough to get him to the final ranking. Just that thought was very pleasing to him, but he needed to focus on the task at hand as of currently. And so he would begin to make his crafts.

Spoiler

Name: Nghtmre Drink
ID:  79136
Roll: 12
Item Type: Dessert
Enhancements: +3 Alcoholic
Description: This is a drink made only with little sweetening, and the rest being alcohol. It is said that the drink is so strong that even the vowels proceed to escape. Mostly.

@Morgenstern

http://prntscr.com/f4vvkd

53 Exp

+2 CD

-10 T2 Mats

• 4 weeks later...

It had been a while, but he was ready. The number of materials for him to use for the new tier was low, but these items were only going to be made for himself anyways, so there was no big worry. It should be easy for him to get some fiber items and some proteins as well. With that, he would proceed to make the new items. The first step, place the materials onto the counter. Next, place the settings properly so that the game would allow his cooking to be simplified. After that… That was it, the items would kind of make themselves into whatever shape he wanted them to be. With that successfully finished, he would place his hands on his hips and nod his head, adding the items into his inventory now. It was a successful day for him, and now he was prepared for the next few rounds.

Spoiler

Name: Nghtmre Bowl
ID:  85385
Tier: 3
Enhancements: +3 Protein
Description: A massive bowl of meat, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.

Spoiler

Name: Nghtmre Bowl
ID:  85387
Roll: 12 + 2 = 14
Description: A massive bowl of meat, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.

+2 CD

-10 T3 Mats

+53 Exp

• 3 weeks later...

He was close to bringing his profession rank upwards, so for the sake of being able to supply himself with better items, he decided to try out his craft once more. Then the game would award him with an easier time making the items. What he needed to make, he had yet to figure out. But he did believe that making them top tier items would be best, since something amazing might come out from them. They were going to be ginger ale, a nice little sparkling drink that had little to alcohol. It was perfect for the younger players and older alike. That, and the game did not let him use his alcoholic materials anymore as it updated itself. The thought burned in his mind as he made the ale, knowing full well that nearly half of his materials were of that sort, and thus resulting in him getting robbed of much of his work.

+2 CD

-10 T3 Mats

http://prntscr.com/fjtijj

+44 Exp

• 1 month later...

It was a big day for him! Crafting was going to be a bit of a challenge for him, as he was going to have to make a lot of alcoholic items. They were going to be made for perhaps one of his favorite customers. Not for her personality, as that was severely lacking in his opinion. But the amount of income that she provided for his shop, yes please. So he was going to have to give her a bunch of protein shakes, and they were going to beef up her attack power. Her mitigation will suffer a bit thanks to the update, but he preferred to do that instead of have his evasion lowered. It was going to feed into his tank half, but if he was alone, it was going to be a bother. So he would make the shakes nearly instantly, the new rank in cooking boosting his speed immensely.

Spoiler

Name: Omega Protein Shake
ID:  86814
Item Type: Drink
Description: This is a Protein Shake, full of protein! Already mixed with milk, and just for fun, a banana.

ID:  86815
Description: This is a Protein Shake, full of protein! Already mixed with milk, and just for fun, a banana.

ID:  86817

ID:  86819

ID:  86820

+2 CD

-11 T3 Mats

+69 Exp

http://prntscr.com/fwyf5t

Itzal took a step into his friend's shop and shot his arm out, grabbing Velnia's tail.  The familiar flapped her wings with incredible speed and force, the action blowing a rather strong wind everywhere though thanks to the game's mechanics nothing was pushed off.  It took a few seconds for her to notice she wasn't moving and turned her head around, her wings slowly stopping until she stopped entirely and just fell, hanging from his hand in defeat.  "Come on Velnia, I literally just told you not to go shooting off and [censored] food.  Please calm thyself."  She just hung there with a blank face, her eyes blinking.  He sighed before putting her on his shoulder and approaching the counter.  "Hey Sey.  I need to buy an item for Kasier.  Something that gives additional searching skills?  If at all possible I'd like it to be a perfect item."  He handed his friend eight tier one materials.

Giving 8 T1 MAT to @Sey

“Uhhhhh, let’s see.” Sey would reply as he would begin to make some shakes. He placed on a pair of glasses to make himself feel smarter, so that when he was making the better items like this, they would end up better. Items like this for some reason helped, and it made things easier for him to be on the floor that his house was located on top of. And so when he made the shakes in the blend, he got enough of the sweet LD nectar to fill up five bottles. Itzal paid for one bottle, so he was going to get one of them. The rest will go back to Sey. “I think this is what you are looking for.” He explained as he held out a small bottle of the shake that he named “Codex Shake”. Full of nutrients to make one feel smart, like he did with his glasses on.

+68 Exp

+2 CD

-11 T1 Mats

http://prntscr.com/fx8rqn

Spoiler

Name: Codex Shake
ID:  86845
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description: Made by a guy who put on glasses. It makes you feel smarter, or at the very least, far more observant. And the world grants luck to the intelligent!

ID:  86846
Roll: 12 + 2 = 14
Description: Made by a guy who put on glasses. It makes you feel smarter, or at the very least, far more observant. And the world grants luck to the intelligent!

ID:  86847
Roll: 9 + 2 = 11

ID:  86848
Roll: 9 + 2 = 11

ID:  86849

Everyone wants something now, so he must deliver. Slamming the liquid materials onto the counter, he began to throw them into the blender. A few seconds later, a nice Codex drink would appear. He placed it inside of a veil, then added a small hint of vanilla so that he could give it a little bit of flavor. It was the smart drink for smart people, or at least they feel that way. Increasing the arrogance of players in the game with such an item was dangerous and perhaps should be illegal. While the drink in the game did not actually increase I.Q, it was advertised as such. It could be done for anything, even something as completely pointless as "Smart Water". Yes, this was a thing that he heard of back in the real world, and they were profitable, so he was going to do the same thing here. And so the item was ready.

Spoiler

Name: Turbo Codex Shake
ID:  87064
Description: The Smart Drink For Smart People! Drink It To Feel Smart! Smart People Capitalize Everything!

http://prntscr.com/fz0qeg
+2 CD

-3 T2 Mats

• 4 weeks later...

Crispy lions, sure, he could do that. The col cost just kept on increasing, he would proceed to slices of potato into circles. The game can handle the design for him, he was a chef, not an artist. When he had them cut up into slices, he placed them onto a tray before placing a bit of oil and salt onto them to amplify the flavor. Then at last he would place them into the oven to burn in the over the way the customer burned through players. This was mainly based on observation and her natural offensive personality, but no solid proof. Once the game defied physics and claimed to already have the chips ready, he would take them out of the oven and stuff them into a bag. Now he just had to let them cool and it should be ready for pick up.

Name: Crispy Lions
ID: 87985
Roll: 10 + 2
Item Type: Snack
Enhancements: +3 Probiotics
Description: A bag of chips shaped in the form of feline paws. 

+2 CD

-4 T3 mats

Floor 11, was this place always located on this floor? Probably so but the blonde didn't pay much attention to such details in order to say it 100% certainly. She maneuvered through the streets filled with undead, not far from her own home, and reached the desired destination. A inconspicuos restaurant which she entered without hesitation. The difference between the overall tone that the 11th floor had and the interior of the restaurant was obvious as black and white. Once inside, you'd feel like you are back in the real would inside a average looking restaurant. No fancy or out of the ordinary stuff, just a visible bar and dinning tables and most likely a chicken are somewhere in the back. 

The blonde stroke in and took a sit on one of the bar stools. From there she would weave at the owner of this fine establishment: "I came to pick up the items." she said with a grin as she started fiddling through her inventory. "I'll soon enough go on some tier 3 materials hunt so I should make the armor you wanted soon after that. Until then how much col would it be?" she asked, ready to issue a transfer with the amount he'd state.

His elbow was against the counter, his fist pressed against his cheek as he sat on the other end of the counter, his blonde customer ready to pick up her order. A massive order she had for him, but done within two days, so about average for what he could do. "Calculating your orders the other day, I came to a grand total of 18,000 Col, or 150 Tier 3 materials. I assume you know which of those two is the better deal." Sey replied as he would slip a fine out from his back pocket onto the counter, then flick his fingers forward to slide the slip of paper her way. "Let me know when those materials are in, I'll make sure to take a good look at my options." Having money was great, objects to give him other objects. Food was temporary, equipment lasted for a hell of a long time.

"I'd love to, but I don't have any tier 3 mats." said the blonde as her right index finger danced through the air, over the HUD in front of her. After a last pressing motion, a small pouch materialized on the bar counter. "So I'll be paying cash, as always." she added with a grin as she picked up the paper and ripped it into tiny pieces in front of him. "Be a dear and fetch the items." While waiting, she would swivel her head around the place. Many would add 'particularities' to their shop, the blonde decided to put her first rapier partner on display. Thinking back at it, that weapon and the current one shared the same obsidian black color theme. Trying to distract herself, she picked up a nearby menu and browsed through it, in the off chance that something catches her attention. "Say, what would you recommend from here? What's the house specialty?"

-18000 Col