[F11- Rank 9 Cook] Halcyon's Keep (Frontlines)

He chuckled a small amount in a collected manner, amused with her antiques as she ripped up the piece of paper like nothing. Customers with that much money were always welcome to dine here. "Why certainly, love." His palms were placed onto the surface of the counter to push himself up from his relaxed stance before opening up his shop inventory. In it were just those items, as he purposely placed the "Closed" sign on his shop. It was more just him keeping out strangers while he could stack up items for himself and perhaps special customers who say past the trick. Plucking the items out from the now-empty inventory, he would set down five shakes and a bag of chips onto the counter in front of her. "Oh, and no refunds." He added with a sheepish smile, but still keeping his eyes positioned lazily as they were half-closed. The woman continued onto the topic of items and what would be the "specialty". "Hm? Well if you must know, I would say the Sirloin Steak. Gotta charge ya extra now that you know that~." A small tease at the end,  though he could make it a reality. She gave him 18k col however, a hefty amount, why overcharge? He held onto the col, sweeping it into his inventory with a satisfied smile, his love for money in the real world perhaps being another trait brought to him.

Spoiler

Name: Omega Protein Shake
Profession: Cook
ID:  86814
Roll: 10 + 2 = 12
Item Type: Drink
Tier: 3
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 Protein
Description: This is a Protein Shake, full of protein! Already mixed with milk, and just for fun, a banana.

ID:  86815
Roll: 11 + 2 = 13
Description: This is a Protein Shake, full of protein! Already mixed with milk, and just for fun, a banana.

ID:  86817

ID:  86819
Roll: 10 + 2 = 12

ID:  86820

-5 Codex Shakes

-1 Crispy Lions

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was time to go on a quest, so was going to make a personal item so that he had better luck. It increased his damage output nearly tenfold. His goal was to slam the Lich King with a potential one hit kill before healing any damage that it takes. Naturally, this beast swung hard as well, so he needed to prepare himself for the worst in case the lucky bastard managed to get three hits on him. His spear should help him out, being able to inflict holy damage was the way of finishing off the monsters that he didn't appreciate.

Spoiler

Name: Alpha Protein Shake
ID:  93478
Roll: 12
Item Type: Meal

http://prntscr.com/hwfi6q

-6 Mats (7th one Salvaged)

+34 Exp

• 2 weeks later...

Kairi had stumbled upon the eleventh floor oddly, however it wasn't to explore... in fact, Kairi had wanted nothing to do with this floor at her current level. She had simply came here to get an item to improve her chances on getting a familiar... one she had in mind for a while. Kairi had smiled at the thought of getting one that she had thought, but she had knew that it would be ridiculously difficult to do. She had sighed and swallowed the bullet coming into this floor, however she had made it to the store she had been looking for as quick as she had could. Walking into Sey's store she had walked up to the counter and said out to him "Hello, I am looking for an item to get a familiar. I am going to need all the benefits I can get to get one from what I have heard." she had chuckled, she had placed the materials as payment on the counter and then placed a Candy Cane like material in front of Sey and said "I also have this item, its from the christmas event! Just use it when crafting and you'll get a perfect quality food! Thank you!" she had smiled to him.

-----

-8 T1 Materials

-1 T1 Candy Cane Material

Ordering:

Spoiler

Name: Candy Cane Cookie!
Roll: (Leave blank)
Item Type: Dessert
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Loot Die III
Description: Q: Care to tell us or show us what the meal is? A: No.

@Sey

Hm? Someone actually decided to pay with materials? At this point, it shouldn't be much a surprise, but it did give his profession a higher chance of succeeding. Rank ten seemed dull to him at this point, he had the ability to craft perfects near instantly. Admittedly, it felt a bit insulting to hear that such an item was being given to him in order to make the perfect with no chance of failure. But she's being nice, and she's a customer. "Sure love, I'll have it fixed for you." He replied with a small smile, eyes half-closed in a collected manner before receiving the slip. A tier one cookie for loot dice, perfect for monster hunting. "Seems simple enough." With the candy cane in hand, he broke the cane to small bitter bits before adding some batter. shove the pan into the oven and the game handles the rest, cooking has been simplified for an MMO that it doesn't really teach players to cook. A shame, to think they could have gone out with something useful in life. But once the cookie finished backing, he brought out the tray with one warm cookie inside for the player to grab. "Enjoy!"

-1 Candy Cane Material

Spoiler

Name: Candy Cane Cookie!
Roll: 94364
Item Type: Dessert
Enhancements: Loot Die III
Description: Q: Care to tell us or show us what the meal is? A: No.

Kairi had smiled when Sey had mentioned that he would be able to fix it up for her right away, taking the materials as payment and the Candy Cane material to make the item. She had patiently waited for him to finish up, Kairi had looked around the store and it had more looked like a restaurant than anything, however she had giggled as she had thought that majority of places that serve food here is a restaurant. Before long Sey had came back to the counter and gave her her order, Kairi taking it in her hands she had looked forward to Sey and said out to him "Thank you so so much Sey! You are a miracle worker!" she had giggled before leaving the store and out into the world to try to get a familiar.

+1 Candy Cane Cookie!

• 1 month later...

Everything looked practically the same as the last time she'd visited Halcyon's Keep, and that was saying something. Teion pushed open the door of the restaurant, surprising herself by coming to see the white-haired player again after what seemed like both of their crafting inactivity had caused their business contract to fizzle out.

"Hey." She offered simply, approaching the counter as her eyes found the remaining stock of materials the man had up for sale. The corner of her mouth naturally hooked into a small smirk as she spoke up further, eyeing the menus that she opened up with a pass of her hand. "So, would you hand over the rest of those if I gave you 20k right now?"

Offering 20k col for 99 T2 materials

"Hmmmm." Sey would place his hand over his mouth as he looked to a familiar face he had yet to see for a while. A business partner of his looking to snag a little discount on the offer he placed for the players of the game, though he would expect she had the col on her regardless if they were partners or not. "While you do propose an interesting offer, the math seems a bit off. I think another five-thousand needs to be added, or that minus two-hundred fifty  since it's ninety-nine materials. Basically, do you have 24,750 col for them? Or are you prepared to entertain me with some negotiations? And Sey loved a good challenge when it came to getting a deal. Teion and him are tight business partners, but they both want money. Hopefully she wouldn't hold that against him.

Sey asks for 24,750 Col or a Negotiation

@Teion

She frowned with a bit of a feined disappointment. "Ehh? So you won't budge on the col price." Teion couldn't help but feel a bit bad for trying to offer under what they were listed for, though she thought buying them all outright was a decent enough grounds to do so. Perhaps they would move quickly enough with or without her.

She shifted her weight to the side while filling her lungs, her frown becoming a bit more thoughtful."Well, I can't really bribe you with more blacksmith equipment," She started, train of thought moving to where those materials would be going if she got her hands on them. "The next boss room was found, yeah? You going? I know you're the next tier and all, but I can try to hook you up with some potions in time."

"Nope, not without a proper offer to make up for the lack of col." Sey explained, tilting his head to the side. There seemed to be an economy shortage on materials and he didn't want to lose col unless given for an important purpose. Like getting players up to speed with the current crafting meta. Now she did bring a somewhat interesting offer to the table, potions for the boss raids coming up. "Oh? I'm not sure if I'll be joining them, but potions are always lovely. I lack a connection to someone who sells them as well. If you can do that, I'll take your 20k col as a down payment and a few potions later when you can obtain them, though they must be current floor boss strong. Sounds good enough?" Potions were crucial to help players who wanted to stay alive and attack with more strength, it was a great chance for him to get some without having to do the work.

@Teion

She was only assuming that the higher-leveled player would be participating on the frontlines. She was distanced from or strangers to many the floor clearers, save for a couple she could name off-hand. But as the snowy cook not only acknowledged his possible participation, but more luckily admitted to lacking any connection to an active alchemist, Teion's mouth hooked into another small smirk. Now she just needed the rest of her plan to work in time.

"Deal." She nodded, turning her eyes back to her menus where her fingers danced over the options in her inventory before she sent off a trade request.

Trade Request

Sending @Sey 20k col for (99) T2 materials

Lovely work, he'll get be getting stuff and she'll be getting chances to perfect her craft and go hard on the leveling up. The HUD screen for a trade request would pop up right in front of his face, a smile forming upon the form given to him before he confidently clicked the blue circle to confirm the trade. And just like that, all the materials stacked up in the corner would disappear and reappear in Teion's inventory when she checked it in the future. "Lovely doing business with you as usual, Teion." The snow-haired player said to her with a calm smile still equipped. "Hope to see you around, I'll be here to make you things if you need them."

Trade Accepted

@Teion  receives 99 T2 materials in exchange for 20k Col

He remembers that he had helped a Cook make some cooking utensils, the cook’s name was Sey. The other white haired person he knew here on Aincrad. Just like last time, Macradon would be in need to go further up the floors to get to his next pit stop, Halcyon’s Keep. Walking up and finally into the shop on the 11th floor, Macradon had no time for nice talks and would just get to the business. Despite his already bad attitude and mood, Macradon was clad in not the red and white of the KoB, but was instead wearing black and green robes, his own colors that he wore back in the days, these robes were ominous and wasn’t like Macradon at all, he had the big broad hood up, shielding his face from most view, but his scarlet eyes pierced through the darkness of his hood. “Sey, I need you to help me with something, it’s urgent” he said and would hand over a piece of paper with written words, indicating what Macradon was in need of, why he had come here and what he was after.

3 of these:

Name: T-Bone Steak
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: 2 x Protein (+2 DMG, -10 Damage Mitigation
Description: A medium rare cooked T-bone steak.

3 of these:

Name: Carrot Salad
Item Type: Snack
Enhancements: +2 Accuracy
Description: Carrots are good for the eye sight, that's at least what people tell you. Eating enough carrots might enhance your performance in a fight.

10.800 payed to Sey

Because of recent patch I have changed my order, I'd like 7200 col refunded.

Edited by Macradon

The task seemed like a tall order considering his lack of materials in the tier one department, but he was sure he could make so with the skills he had. At the very least, he would be able to hand off at least a couple of the meals needed. "I have a good fifteen materials on my being right now. I'll have a couple at least, but I may not have them. I'll gladly hand back the col, or perhaps you can throw some materials my way. Ignore the prices though, any number of materials you want to throw at my face will do if you think that'll get you your items." Sey explained before getting to work on some bloody steaks and carrot bowls. And while he did his best to get the orders done, he'd find himself with only one steak and one bowl that went exactly as planned, the material count even lower now.

Spoiler

ID: 96412
Roll: 9

ID: 96414

Description: Carrots are good for the eye sight, that's at least what people tell you. Eating enough carrots might enhance your performance in a fight.

-10 T1 Mats

http://prntscr.com/ihjc81

Smiling at Sey, Macradon would nod his head “Aight, I get ya. I’ll give these, they might give it a push in the right direction” Macradon said as he went into his inventory and grabbed some of his Tier 1 materials that were to be used for crafting. “I hope this is enough for you” he said and would hand over 15 T1 materials “It’s not like I’m in use of them myself anymore, I can just buy them off of merchants when I feel like it” he said. Without doing much more than that, Macradon would hold tight and calmly wait for Sey to finish the cooking.

-15 T1 mats

"Cheers to the merchant system." He commented before going to work on the next few materials he had within his possession now that he had enough to go for another full day. And while he had them, he lost them all at the very next second. All of them seemed to go against what the items demanded, only one perfect and the rest of them were trashed. Even if the perfect were deemed viable for the enhancements, that was just simply not what the man paid for. What one pays is what they get, therefore, Sey saved it for himself until he could make something out of it. "Sorry mate, seems to be a bad day for my craft. Maybe I'll have some tomorrow. If we get lucky, we might be able to get all of them done tomorrow." And Sey deemed himself... Usually lucky enough.

http://prntscr.com/iiw5b4

-10 T1 Mats

Sey seemed to vacuum up materials swiftly with the amount of cooking he had to do, but he managed to at least get two more items requested by this shopper. The problem was that he officially was stripped of all the materials. Still however, he managed to take the two newer items up front before then messaging the player about his order and his current situation. Whether he wanted to pay more materials to continue trying his luck was up to him, but Sey managed to make two more of the items today, who was to say he wouldn't have them tomorrow? That being said, he would relay the message and close the tab before looking over to the door expectantly for a few moments.

@Macradon

Spoiler

ID: 97375

ID: 97376

http://prntscr.com/iknb2r

• 1 year later...
Spoiler

Name: Carrot Soup
Roll: 113991
Enhancements: +2 EVA, +1 ACC
Description: Carrots and broth, do you desire more? Please. 

Screenshot_2019-04-03-14-45-42.png

Tanking. He was a DPS and now he was going to tank. Not only that, tank on the frontlines, the very first frontlines he has ever participated in. Was this some prank? A cruel joke that this would be. Though he was short on materials, he was going to be chowing down on as much food as he could to prevent anything stupid from happening, for he needed a heavy bulk if he wanted to survive. Leru was not going to leave him alone until this was done, so Sey had to do the one thing he couldn't afford to miss. No die. And so he went hard in his craft yet again to fish out a perfect for him to use. And though he began to panic, he eventually found fortune. 

Edited by Sey

Itzal walked towards the shop of one of his old guild mates.  That day his guild was attacked by the seven sins, the seven virtues, and the red claw guild still haunted him..  But he didn't let it drag him down.  He looked at Velnia and nodded before walking inside.  He walked up to the counter, his face covered by a shadowed mist.  He looked at his old guild mate and spoke using his American accent.  "I need these two items crafted for the frontlines."  He placed the twin orders on the counter as well as they mass of materials.  It would be enough to pay for the item, and more than enough to supply him a bit.  "Please be swift."  With that he walked over to the wall and leaned against it with his arms crossed.

Requesting the following order, in this order

Spoiler

Name: (Name it!)
Item Type: (What type of Meal?)
Tier: any
Quality: perfect
Enhancements: 2 evasion 1 accuracy
Description: (Care to tell us or show us what the meal is?)

Name: (Name it!)
Item Type: (What type of Meal?)
Tier: any
Quality: Rare - Perfect
Enhancements: 2 Protein (if perfect you choose third)
Description: (Care to tell us or show us what the meal is?)

Paying with 13 T2 mats, & 19 T3 mats  @Sey

Spoiler

Name: Squarez
Roll: 113996
Enhancements: 2 evasion 1 accuracy
Description: Square chips with a nice cheesy flavor. A good motivator.

Name: Circlez
Roll: 113997
Enhancements: 2 Protein, 1 Accuracy
Description: Now imagine Squarez, but circular. Circles are strong, right?

http://prntscr.com/n7495f

Ooooooo, it was that time already, the time for customers to make their orders and he has to fulfill them for the sake of the frontlines. He'll do it for Mr. strange man and his pet, Fido, since he did attend the game before. And Sey didn't care to look under that hood, for he was once in that same position. So he'll work on the items, but it didn't take him long to get two bags of chips out of the oven. It seemed like nothing happened, but his craft must have worked wonders today. And so if the man was still here, he would just have to take his things and bail. Otherwise, Sey was going to have to send him a PM so that his items could be claimed. Or maybe not. No name. So sad.

@Itzal [They are ready]

Edited by Sey

It hadn't taken very long at all before the items were crafted.  Itzal moved forward and examined them for a second before inserting them into his inventory.  "Impressive work."  He opened his menu and pulled out a small piece of parchment and began writing on it.  Once he finished he pulled out a leather sack from his inventory and placed them both on the counter for Sey.  After that he turned to leave, Velnia flying after him.  He left Sey a present for his hard work...  And a little more as a silent apology for everything that had happened.

A bonus for the quick work

@Sey receives 5,000 col