[SP-F1] Training for Leveling Up Part 1 [Complete]

Dominion was in the starting city again. He wore his rather new evasive light armor set and he was ready for combat, having rested several days from having done any productive quests. However before he would go out and about, he would acquire some tea. However this tea was not worth a Col, as it tasted like straight dirt from the ground. The digital sun arose in the sky, a bright yellow color over the grasslands that surrounded the walls of the city. He needed to gather as much Col and materials as possible during his upcoming training adventure. Dominion stood from where he had sat on the side of a wooden and stone structure he claimed as his for the time being. Dominion didn't even think to take out his great axe, as this was going to be time to test out his new battle healing skill once more. Dominion walked around different obstacles as he made his way to the entrance of the city.

Edited by Dominion
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He finally reached the entrance of the city, and mobs were scattered across the distance. The majority of obvious Mobs were wile boars, except when you approach the tree line. Dominion seeked to defeat several of them before returning to the city. He lacked dps, but at least he didn't put much risk of death on himself. He began walking forward, looking to both sides for any aggressive Mobs. He finally picked out a boar in which to attack. The boar was not doing anything but roaming in the taller grass. Dominion took this as an opportunity to surprise the beast from behind. He lifted his own two fists, ready to strike with his best fist attack he could bring. Dominion jumped into the tall grass, punching the mob from behind. The Mob was most clearly not expecting of this. It did try to make a small charge on Dominion, but it didn't go well. Dominion shifted his weight to the side, allowing the boar to move past with no contact.

Spoiler

ID# 72723

Battle: 8 [1 dmg to the Boar]

Mob: 5-1=4 (miss)

Dominion: 160 HP, 16 energy, 3 MIT, 1 Eva, 1 Dmg

+5 HP from battle healing

Boar: 79/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion then followed his first fist attack with another, but this one was while the boar was running. Dominion had shifted his body to continue to face the moving boar. Dominion barely got a glancing shot on the moving boar as it completely passed him. The boars health bar dropped by a very small fraction, and Dominion could see a small trail in the tall, slightly bent, grass. He began running after the moving boar, following its path made in the tall grass. He thought to himself as he got out of his stance, why does the boar keep running? Does not a boar continue to charge its aggressor? Maybe this boar is smarter than it looks... or maybe I am overthinking things again. Either way, I do not want a boar as my familiar. Dominion leapt within the tall green grass, feeling small cuts on both his arms. His chest was covered by the light plates of armor he got on his solo mission.

Spoiler

ID# 72831

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 dmg to the boar]

Mob: 2 (-1=1) (miss)

Dominion: 160 HP, 16 energy, 3 MIT, 1 Eva, 1 Dmg

+5 HP from battle healing

Boar: 78/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion leapt through the tall grass like a monkey, then crawled like that of a snake following its prey. He probably would have looked funny, if not the fact that his tactics seemed to work. The boar did not notice the animal like actions of Dominion, and thought that it had lost Dominion. Dominion finally caught up to the quick moving boar, and Dominion came out from the tall grass behind the boar, appearing like a tiger. His first fist strike against the boar was a raking scratch, with seemed to actually do damage to its health bar. No complaints about a successful attack Dominion thought to himself as he watched the boar stand in fright. He pulled his other arm above his previous scratching hand. This boar would be a perfect training partner for Dominion. Dominion's face was not smiling, but a serious expressing no emotion. He had learned this also from his father, a once material warrior in china. 

Spoiler

ID# 72845

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 dmg to boar]

Mob: 1(-1=0) (Critical Fail)

Boar: 77/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion used his other hand to make a tiger palm thrust attack. He knew this style of chinese martial arts only second best. Thus he ran forward with great speed, sending out his palm. His shirt riffled with the wind, as well as his ruffled blonde hair, he appeared in front of the boar. He now had an intemidating expression, that of a tiger. The contact by his attack against the moving boar was glancing, but still had enough force for the boar to be dealt damage. The Boar passed by Dominion, then began to turn, but it did so much too quickly. It became leg tied from the sudden turn and collapsed onto the grass beneath it. Dominion stood in the tall grass for a little bit, using little time before starting another attack in order for him to relax his body. Dominion remembered his father telling him about how the animal style martial arts was like rock paper scissors.

Spoiler

ID# 72854

Battle: 7 (hit) [1 dmg to Boar]

Mob: 1 (-1=0) ( Critical Fail )

Boar: 76/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion began to run away from the boar, dashing through the tall grass. He made his was far to the right and leapt into the grass, on his knees and arms. He was there in that grass, hoping that the boar had lost him. Suddenly, he heard a squeal, and the boar was crashing into him. Dominion wad rolled over by its inertia, as he threw his arms up to protect himself as the boar landed on top of him. He thrusted the boar into the air with both arms and legs. His side hurt slightly from this attack, but he did manage to get the battle healing, so he knew he would be fine. Dominion stood up in the tall grass and swung his fist down upon the boar. The boar squealed as another damage was dealt to it from Dominion. He made sure hos shirt didn't get as dirty as it could have gotten.

Spoiler

ID# 72879

Battle: 8 hit [1 dgm to boar]

Mob: 7(-1=6) hit [10-3=7 dmg to Dom] (+5 HP from Battle Healing)

Dominion: 158/160 HP, 16 energy, 3 MIT, 1 Eva, 1 Dmg

Boar: 75/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was not expecting any attack while the boar was rendered helpless in the tall grass. So, he looked down on the shirt to check for dirt spots. He noticed a couple of dark spots, most of which were small enough to ignore. While his head was down checking his shirt, the boar got up and ran around to be behind Dominion. Dominion looked up to see that the boar was no longer in front of him. At this point, the boar charged at Dominion. He began to look around when he was suddenly laying on the ground. The boar had charged beneath Dominion's legs from behind. He had not thought that mobs could use tactics, especially one so well executed. Dominion smiled at this, for that was a worthy charge. "Hey come back here boar!" He called towards boar running into the tall grass. Then, he got back up off of the hard ground.

Spoiler

ID# 72883

Battle: 2 (miss)

Mob: 8(-1=7) (hit) [10-3=7 dmg to Dominion] (+5 from Battle Healing)

Dominion: 156/160 HP, 16 energy, 3 MIT, 1 Eva, 1 Dmg

Boar: 74/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was finally back up, standing with good footing, but he could already tell that he had dirt spots all over his shirt. Dominion looked down and then back up to call out towards the distant boar. Darn, why does that sucker run so fast. "Get back here" Dominion cried out in the direction of the boar. He half knew that his voice would not reach the boar, as it was a mob. However, that didn't keep Dominion from trying. Dominion began to run after the boar through the tall grass. Dominion realized that after a little bit, he had gone off of the trail. Dominion stopped and turned to run back the way he had came from. But then, when he turned around, he realized that the boar was behind him, but charging the wrong way. Both of them had made a mistake, which seemed to cancel out. However, Dominion had the upper hand with his passive battle healing skill.

Spoiler

ID# 72892

Battle: 5 (miss)

Mob: 3(-1=2) (miss) (+5 from Battle Healing)

Dominion: 160/160 HP, 16 energy, 3 MIT, 1 Eva, 1 Dmg

Boar: 74/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was glad to have found the boar. The boar realized that he was behind him and turned to make a charge. Dominion prepared for the charge, ready to take down the boar. If I were to name this boar, what would I name it? probably something like Ragger the boar. Maybe I will be able to name my familiar on the spot. I guess I can only hope when the time comes. Dominion watched as the boar began to charge forward at him. He shifted his weight to one side, preparing to tackle the boar from the side. He leaps as the boar hit his leg, as he was not able to remove it from the line of the charge. Even so, Dominion picked up the boar by putting pressure between both arms together and threw it's body over his own, onto the other side, into the ground. Dominion was laying with the boar trying to get out of his grip.

Spoiler

ID# 72893

Battle: 10 (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to boar]

Mob: 8(-1=7) (hit) [10-3=7 Dmg to Dominion] (+5 from Battle Healing)

Boar: 71/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion kept his grip around the struggling boar, keeping both his arms pressured. You are not getting out of my grip until I have stood up, boar. Dominion thought this in his head. As he began to get his knee underneath his torso, ready to push up using the ground, the boar began to really struggle. Had not his light armor assisted his movement ever so slightly, Dominion would have gotten successfully hit. He readjusted his body in order to stand up without losing his grip on the boar again. Then, he lifted the boar up above his head and threw him into the tall grass.  A critical success sign arose above the head of the boar. Dominion smiled at this. The health bar of the boar was dropping much faster than the rock he had tried to break by himself not that long ago.  He realized that the boar was getting up and began to run.

Spoiler

ID# 72894

Battle: 10 (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to boar]

Mob: 6(-1=5) (miss) 

Boar: 68/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion ran through the tall grass, leaping from one thicker patch to the next, making sure not to be followed in a straight line. He finally hid in the tall grass, his chest against the ground, waiting for the boar to approach. Nothing happened for quite some time, so Dominion remained silent, barely moving. Dominion was paying close attention to movement of the grass. When suddenly the grass parted way to show a boar, Dominion charged. He lifted his fists, ready to make two strikes upon the boar. He launched his left handed fist attack at the boar, as he leaned to the side. The boar was almost out of the way, but Dominion managed to clip it with his knuckles, lowering the health bar by a small amount. First attack was a fine hit, just need to land a better second attack. Dominion thought to himself. He turned his body to make another successful hit.

Spoiler

ID# 72897

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 dmg to boar]

Mob: 3(-1=2) (miss)

Boar: 67/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion had turned his body around so that he could still hit the passing boar. Dominion raised his other hand and shaped it into a fist. His body was in line with the boar separated by long grass and he decided to launch his fist strike. He clipped the moving boar as it continued to pass by. Dominion was happy that he hit the boar again. He would have rather done a better attack, but he was happy with what he did maintain to exert. Dominion jumped back as the boar continued his charge past him. Dominion ran into the tall grass. Maybe the boar didn't notice where I went. I have a chance to charge him if he did notice where I currently am. Dominion stopped in the tall grass and he lay himself down. Dominion felt both his arms as they were covered in grass cuts. His health had generated back to full, which was great. 

Spoiler

ID# 72898

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 Dmg to Boar]

Mob: 4(-1=3) (miss)

Boar: 66/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was hidden among the tall grass, keeping very quiet. He was waiting for the moment in which the boar would be in front of him. Dominion waited for quite some time, but he saw nothing. Finally Dominion got up to locate the boar, but the boar immediately located him. The boar began to charge at Dominion, so Dominion rightfully braced himself for the worst. Suddenly though, the boar got stuck in the tall grass. It kept trying to escape from the grass, but the grass was thick enough to hold. Dominion got out of his braced stance and walked over to the boar. He struck out at the trapped boar but ended up cutting the grass which held the boar in place. oh crud, looks like its my time to leave. Dominion turned around and ran into the tall grass once again. Dominion looked back to see the boar was now freed.

Spoiler

ID# 72899

Battle: 4 (miss)

Mob: 1(-1=0) (Critical Fail)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion stood where he was, awaiting the boars new movements. The tall grass swayed to one side as the boar began to charge towards Dominion. As the boar approached, he could see that the boar was becoming slight off due to the wind. The boar and him exchanged a few attacks, but none were close enough to make any contact. Dominion decided he needed to run against the wind if he wanted to get out of this area. Thus, Dominion moved as quickly as he could against the wind, making him exhausted pretty quick. Now Dominion had made some space in between them, which was good for his fighting style. He looked both directions, laft and right, in order to find a decent place to hide. Dominion couldn't find one, he just turned to face the boar in the new environment. The wind now was in his advantage, which Dominion expected would be helpful.

Spoiler

ID: 72908

Battle: 5 (miss)

Mob: 5(-1=4) (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion ran, charging right through the grass with both fists up. He jumped into the air once he had gotten close enough. He was now above the boar which stood against the wind. There is no way the boar could hit me, and I have the advantage. Dominion was not wrong to think that he had the advantage, but only later would he find out the way out. Dominion was comming down, launching his fist at the boar beneath him. However, he hit the ground and the boar was no longer under him. Dominion looked up to see the boar had ran with the wind in the other direction. wow, what a clever boar. I wonder where it got the idea to do that from, because I don't think that was just instinct, but I guess I could be wrong. Dominion could tell his hair was now a mess, his clothes in bad shape. His leather armor on the other hand was in fine condition.

Spoiler

ID# 73257

Battle: 4 ( miss )

Mob: 4 (-1=3) (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion felt like smiling, but he wasn't about to at the moment. He needed to focus on the boar more than he was. He followed the path that he saw the boar take, running away from his attack. Dominion tried to lurk in the tall grass, while keeping an eye out for any noticeable signs. hypothetically, if this boar was intelligent, it would have probably planned an attack for me. Where would he stage the attack? probably somewhere flat for most movement space... Dominion smiled. The boar must be behind him. Dominion turned his head around to see a charging boar. Dominion moved his weight to one side and struck the boar where it moved, while barely managing to dodge the boar's attack. 

Spoiler

ID# 73276

Battle: 7 (hit) [1 Dmg to Boar] 

Mob: 6(-1=5) (miss)

Edited by Dominion

The boar began to stretch out its hooves to stop it's momentum, pivoting its body around. Once it had managed to do this, it began to charge at Dominion again. Dominion had at least expected a few seconds break, but instead, he would have to get out of the way. Dominion leaned his body to the right, but didn't matter. The boar began charging, but began to turn off from the target, Dominion. Dominion had gone a bit two low, leaning on one leg and could not get back up. Both him and the Mob both missed an opportune chance to attack the other and deal a fair amount of damage. Even so, Dominion would rather not be attacked by the darn Boar in either case. Maybe I should go to a different location again, as it seems the combat changes when I am in new places. Dominion thought to himself as he was finally standing straight again.

Spoiler

ID# 73375

Battle: 2 (miss)

Mob: 3(-1=2) (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was finally back up again when he heard a loud squeal. Dominion whipped his head around to see the boar had pivoted its body to face Dominion again. He thought to himself, Oh crud. This is happening again. I don't have enough time to get out of the way. Dominion noticed the speed at which the boar was now charging, which was too fast for him to get out of the way. All I must do is time a dodge perfectly, and I won't be hit. Dominion began to lean to the left this time, but the boar was already upon him. Luckily, all the boar could hit was the side of the light armor Dominion had gotten from his solo quest. That could have ended much worse... I need to get to a different location and really soon. Dominion was already beginning to lift his body up from the slanted position he stood in.

Spoiler

ID# 73439

Battle: 3 (miss)

Mob: 6(-1=5) miss

Edited by Dominion

Dominion had stood straight up very quickly and began to run. However, the boar quickly pivoted its body again and was chasing Dominion down. Dominion was not going to stop, so the boar began to close the gap between them. Dominion prepared himself to attack the beast while running by putting both hands into fists, on either side of his body. As he ran, he turned his head to look back. The boar took the right side of him, which was neither bad nor good. Either side would result with the same conclusion. Dominion suddenly stopped, pivoted his own body placing both his feet into a stance. He had to brace himself for the ongoing inertia of the beast. He extended his arm to hit the boar as it barreled though him. Both him and the boar took damage, which was not exactly what Dominion had in mind. Dominion and the boar now lay on the ground.

Spoiler

ID# 73441

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 dmg to the boar]

Mob: 8(-1=7) (hit) [10-3=7 Dmg to Dominion] (+5 HP from Battle Healing)

Boar: 65/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion

Dominion stood up feeling his aching torso. I guess that wasn't the best move I have ever done, but most definitely not the worst. Dominion began to shrug off the pain in his torso as battle healing was doing its passive thing. "gotta love battle healing" he said aloud as he stood up. Before getting past his knees, he crawled over to the boar and punched hit in the side. It squealed in pain and Dominion frowned. "That is for picking on me so many times in a row", Dominion said as he noticed the critical sign arise from its health bar. The health bar dropped by a little red margin again, which was never a bad sign when damage was most definitely needed. Dominion got back onto his knees and began to get back up from his spot on the ground, while the boar remained laying dormant on the ground.

Spoiler

ID: 73442

Battle: 9 (Critical Success) [1+1=2 Dmg to the boar]

Mob: 2(-1=1) (miss)

Boar: 63/80 HP, 10 dmg

Edited by Dominion