[OP-NK-F1] It's dangerous to go alone...

Gambit scrolled through his inventory, and equipped the starter sword he hadn't examined prior. Before he knew the game was a death trap, he had been very excited. In fact, as soon as he had joined, he had immediately started exploring the starting city. He was taken by the amazing features and graphics of the game. However, when the announcement was made, Gambit ended up letting himself aimlessly wander the starting city while others moved on to fighting, too afraid to take the risk of dying. For the longest time he didn't consider leaving the city, but when he started to see guilds of players determined to beat the game, he became aware of the cowardice in his decision. That brings him to the present, where he's now somewhat motivated to make something of himself. "And if you die, at least it can't be said you didn't try," he muttered to himself, before unsheathing his sword and stepping further into the fields of Floor 1.

Edited by Gambit

Beatbox had been casually been walking through the streets of floor 1, like he usually does from time to time. He felt as though it was just yesterday that he himself was level one trying to take on some boars only to be assisted by Teayre and become a higher level. He smiled at that thought, she may not like the thank you he gave her, but he knows deep inside she appreciated the consideration. He scrolled through his inventory and looked at the charm she gave him way back when and he smiled, this was a token of friendship to him, a token of hard work and dedication. He placed it back into his inventory and heard a player from a distance, the streets had gotten more and more quieter since that day, he smiled as he looked over to see a beginner player. He followed him into the fields of floor 1 examining his gear... and without much time, he knew that he was a beginner player. Beatbox chuckled as he leaned by a loan tree next to the player and said "Finally decided to take the sword or a spin or two instead of hiding like the rest of the players huh?" he looked over to the player establishing eye contact when he would look over.

@Gambit

He was walking through the fields, trying to decide which boar he was going to go after, when he heard a voice close by. Upon hearing the voice, Gambit wheeled around to face the source, his sword raised upwards quite awkwardly. Gambit quickly located the source, a blonde youth leaning on a tree behind him. He stared at the man for a few seconds, trying to get a quick read on him. He was briefly uncertain whether or not he could be trusted, but decided that he seemed friendly enough. Lowering his sword and breaking into a sheepish grin, he replied "Actually, I was one of those players for quite some time," He says, sheathing his sword. He wouldn't need it at the moment. "I have a bit of catching up to do, huh?". He glanced at the vast amount of boars roaming the fields, scratching the back of his head. Then, looking back at @Beatbox, he offers his hand. Smiling, he adds, "Name's Gambit, by the way."

Edited by Gambit

OOC - Word Limit is 150 Words, please edit your post to fit the word limit.

Beatbox smiled to see the player entrust him for a little bit, he looked forward and said "A bit of catching up? No, just a little bit more than that." he gave him a wink and he looked down to see that he extended his arm to shake his hand, Beatbox extended his and gave him a firm handshake. "Beatbox. Sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants, Secondary DPS in my group in the front lines." he gave him a full introduction to him as he wanted to know that he was talking to someone that knows a thing or two about this game and that he knows in what he is doing. "So. Are you out here to fight some mobs in hopes to get the EXP to get you up there in levels or are you out here for a different reason than that Gambit? Because looking at the sword that you have, you're level 1 am I right?" he said with a smile and he looked over still leaning onto a tree, at this point his familiar Ocarina had peeked his head around Beatbox's neck and showed his fox face sniffing in @Gambit's direction.

Gambit nodded, acknowledging his stature. He didn't know much about guilds, but @Beatbox seemed to be quite experienced if he was that high up. He was also impressed by the confidence with which he spoke and held himself, a trait many aren't able to boast. He was surprised then when a fox poked it's head from around Beatbox's neck, sniffing at Gambit. Chuckling, he pointed at the fox and said "I don't know exactly what it's capable of, but I'm sure it could kill me if it felt like it." He looked back to Beatbox now, nervous laughter and all, not sure whether to be worried or interested in the small fox. "But yeah, I was just going to try to take out a few boars, preferably not dying in the process. Never going to catch up if I can't do that." He touched the pommel of his sword, looking warily upon the mobs wandering the fields.

Edited by Gambit

Hydra had been dozing off again, this time taking a trip to the first floor which he hadn't visited for a while. A light wind rustled the leaves of the forest and the young adventurer drew out a long breath taking it all in, he didn't want to catch any unnecessary attention. Especially considering how close he had now come to the Town of Begginings. Glancing to his left Hydra peered over the fields of the first floor, as always there were groups of begginer players trying to take down boars. It bought a smile to Hydra's face, not one of mockery but a sincere smile which matched the calm of his deep blue eyes. He didn't think they were cowards, far from it.

"Huh..." Hydra turned his head to the sound of nearby voices, it appeared he had been careless. Slowly moving forward he took cover behind a nearby tree and peered around the trunk. He could make out two players, a blonde whose back was facing him, Hydra had a hunch he had met somewhere before, as well as a new player which he hadn't seen before. "I should probably leave." He whispered to himself, however, as he turned back on himself his foot got caught under a root sending him crashing to the floor with a thud. "Should have been more careful." The spearman mumbled rubbing his head, a few crytals floating around him.

Dominion was looking at the list of people he met in the game this far. The list was finally beginning to expand. While he was returning from an overnight hunt on the first floor, he began to head back. Dominion showed no form of exhaustion when he walked of spoke, but his body was definitely tired. As he approached the people near the couple of trees on the grass fields. Dominion noticed Hydra, who was a friend to Wolfie. Another, a blond youth whom Dominion hadn't met before. Something about this guy's appearance represented higher level. On the other hand, he was talking to what appeared to be a starting player. Dominion knew that couldn't be since the announcement had been given out pretty long ago. It wasn't even a question for Dominion. He wanted to greet those guys in his regular fashion. 

He was walking in the direction of the group. His blond muffled hair was very muffled by now. He held no weapon, wore some armor pads beneath a unbottoned white tee-shirt. He had dirt splotches on his jeans. While moving, Dominion saw Hydra, the fancy bodyguard spearman Dominion had met previously, trip on a tree root. Dominion was concerned for the player, even though he had no need to be. Hydra was a friend. Dominion rushed over to Hydra to assist him back up. He then greeted the other two players by placing one hand on top of the other in front of his torso. He bowed to the blond youth first, then over to the new player. "Hello, my name is Dominion the monk. What might I have the honor to call you all?" 

Edited by Dominion
  • 3 weeks later...

[OOC: I hope you all dont mind me dropping in to play through this thread with you.]

Bhairyuu had been wandering around that same forest where he had gone earlier to gather wood for the Rovian Wars event quest when he heard a muffled crashing noise as though someone had tripped on something and fell to the ground. So he hastened in the direction of the noise and came upon Hydra who was apparently the source of the noise he had heard earlier. As he came closer, he saw Hydra was being helped up by Dominion, a player whom he had met recently, so he called out

"Hey Hydra! Are you okay, bud? That fall looked rather nasty..."

Upon reaching them, Bhairyuu noticed two other players there as well whom he had not encountered before, so he nodded to them in greeting and flashed them a cordial smile before extending a hand to @Hydra to see if he would take it to pull himself up. While waiting he nodded to @Dominion as well in the same friendly manner as he did with the other two players.

Edited by Bhairyuu