{OP-F1-NK} A Swordsman's Beginning (COMPLETE)

Spoiler

ID# 74610 results:

Battle: 7 (Hit)

Craft: 11

Loot: 1

MOB: 4-1 (Fail)

Sighing, Ourian pulls his sword out of the ground and flicks it to the side to sling the dirt off of it. As he approached the boar to finish it off, Ourian hears bongartz's comment.

"Sure, they're programs... but if you pay close attention, they still do have emotion... this one has hate... and lots of it for us... The Cardinal System is an amazing technological breakthrough.... true Artificial Intelligence..." Ourian informed as he walked up to the boar, whose little spurt of energy seemed to have worn off as it collapsed to the ground. Reversing his grip on the sword, he walks up to the boar's head and plunges the blade straight through its skull, killing it and causing it to shatter like glass. Returning his sword to its sheath, he picks up the loot sphere and hands it to bongartz.

"Here, you keep it. It's a Tier 1 Crafting Material... use it to help yourself get some better gear later on down the road. You can also take it to any craftsman and they will turn it into something usable... if their crafting skill is high enough, anyway..." Ourian told Bongartz as he scanned the horizon to see the sun had started to set and it was starting to get dark. They had just enough time to get back to town if they left now.

"We should leave now. It's getting dark." he told him, leading them back to town. "Good job, by the way. you handled yourself well..."

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 55/80 
Energy: 2/8 (-1)
Damage: 2
Mitigation: 3
Evasion: +1

Bongartz
HP: 20/20
Energy: 1/2
Damage: 2

Tusk Boar
HP: 0 (-2)
Damage: 10
Hate: Ourian [8] --- Bongartz [4]

Battle Log:
Turn 1> Ourian deals 9 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful Sword Art: Snake Bite (3x1) + Crit
Turn 2> ---
Turn 3> ---
Turn 4> Ourian deals 9 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful Sword Art: Snake Bite (3x1) + Crit
     |----> Tusk Boar deals 8 damage to Ourian upon successful Critical
Turn 5> Tusk Boar deals 8 damage to Ourian upon successful Critical
     |----> Bongartz deals 4 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful True Critical
Turn 6> Tusk Boar deals 9 damage to Ourian upon successful True Critical
Turn 7> Ourian deals 12 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful Sword Art: Furious Rush (3x1) + True Critical
     |----> Bongartz deals 3 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful Critical: Vertical (1x1)
Turn 8> Ourian deals 2 damage to Tusk Boar upon successful attack
Turn 9> Ourian deals 2 damage to the Tusk Boar upon successful attack
     |----> Tusk Boar is now Deceased. (Killshot: Ourian)

Loot Obtained
1 T1 Crafting Material (Given to Bongartz)

Edited by Ourian
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the boar shatter, I smile, knowing I just helped take down a hard enemy, and we both walked away from it, almost unscathed.  I take the loot sphere as it's offered, as I sheathe my own weapon.

"That was a hard boar. Thank you, for everything today. I learned much, and I know I can fight here now, as long as I pay attention."

I start to follow Ourian as he leads the way back to town, exhausted myself now, and ready to get some sleep. I smile slightly as he praises my fighting.

*Heh, looks like you did well Jordan. Things may have been bad at the start, but now things are looking up. There's still time to catch up to the Frontliners, and you may just be a force to be reckoned with. Don't let this victory go to your head though, you still have much to learn, and a long way to go before you're ready.*

"Hey, Ourian, would you mind if I sent you a Friend Request? I'll get stronger, and perhaps together, we can face the higher floors, as a team."

Saw that coming... Ourian thought bitterly as he was asked to be friends with the player... He knew it was gonna happen eventually, though he did wish that it was later rather than sooner... He felt that he needed to become a lot stronger, and in order to do that, he felt that he needed to do it alone. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked to the ground... I don't see the harm in it... he's proven himself to have quite a bit of potential... but what if I fail to protect him in the future? That boar did a number on me today... He thought as he continued to ponder the idea of adding him to his friends list. In all honesty... it would just be a way to keep in touch...

"I guess it can't hurt..." He told him, opening up his friends list and getting the invite ready. Once he typed in Bongartz's name, he went to press send, but hesitated for a second... 

Zeri... He thought, remembering the player who had helped him out in the beginning. He chuckled to himself as he just realized that the student had just become the teacher. Pressing the send option, he truly smiled for the first time in a long time.

"You need someone to help you dish out damage in the future, gimme a shout." Ourian offered, holding a fist out for Bongartz to fistbump. "But don't expect me to accompany you for every little thing though.." He teased, smirking at his new student.

I smile back, giving Ourian the fistbump, while accepting the Friend Request.

"You bet, and I understand, you'll have to keep training as well, wouldn't want me to surpass you now, would ya?" I tease back jokingly, glad to have made a good first impression on my new teacher. My first day of finally deciding to fight, and I made a few friends, along with some very powerful people now looking at me to see how I improve.  I made a lot of first impressions on people today, so I need to make sure I live up to everyone's expectations, especially my own.

*Well done Jordan, you're first day was quite a success. But today was just the first, and who knows what's waiting for you come the morning. Take what you learned today to heart, soon it'll be on an even grander scale.*

As we approach the gates to the town, we go our separate ways, and as I continue on my path, I realize a lot of things will now change for me. All I know is I gotta keep my head up high, and my sword at the ready, though perhaps I'll become a Merchant in the coming days, but not just yet.

(OoC: To any Admin that goes over this, I give Ourian permission to Summarize/Close this thread.)

As we part ways at the gates, I watch as Bongartz walks off in the distance. It felt good for once to have someone's name in that list... and he swore that if he ever saw Zeri again, he would apologize and rekindle what could have been a very powerful friendship. Nodding, Ourian starts walking towards the inn near the center of town where he had stayed the night prior. If there was one thing he was grateful to Kaiyaba for, it was that he did make a free inn system for those under a certain level... Getting his room key back from the innkeeper, Ourian walked up to his room, grabbing another apple along the way. Taking a bite, he savored the juicy sweet taste and reflected on the days events as he walked into his room and sat on the bed, unbuckling his sword and removing his coat. 

"All in all... despite an oversized pig getting a few good hits in on me, I guess today was a pretty good day after all... Still wish we would have gotten that loot drop though... Would've helped bongartz a lot starting out..." He said, yawning as he finished his apple and laid back to fall asleep.