[F01-PP] Alice for Hire (ft. Beatbox & Alice) ... [COMPLETE]

Having gotten to understand a bit of the game better, Alice was absolutely stunned at how much variety had been implemented and that there was no direct path to success. While most players were focusing on the boss raids to clear the game, they were leagues above her and she had no chance of catching up in the near future. Instead, she figured she would work on completing some of the early starter quests that gave some noteworthy benefits to help boost her to that point. With a lack of funds, equipment, contacts, and resources, she was quite literally at rock bottom and the quickest way to gather all four was to earn a profession. She had been told that the quest had to be started on the first floor by speaking to a select few NPCs, one of which was in the shop she stood before - The Iron Needle. Certainly, there were a few other options that were just as viable, but she figured that being a tailor would allow her some fun alongside her crafting with the adorable plushies she had seen elsewhere. Cracking open the door, she'd trigger the bell attached to the frame, catching the owner's attention, "Ah, welcome, welcome! How may I serve you today?" Smiling, she'd quickly and politely get onto the subject at hand, "I'm here to accept the quest, at your discretion." She'd have a chat with the NPC and learn the requirements to proceed with the quest before making her exit, "Thanks again!" Once outside, she'd open up her map to view the floor, showing signs of confusion as the 'wild' was still a very unfamiliar place to her, both in design and danger.

Spoiler

<<Earning a Living>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Description: Every player, to survive in this death game, must make some form of Col. For some, they just hunt mobs. For others, they may earn a living and take up a profession. may meet During your search for a profession you meet a friendly NPC who will train you with your profession. You will have to material hunt and craft your item, or receive a free basic item from the NPC (such as an instrument or fishing rod for performers or fishermen.) Profession options and guides can be found here. Each profession's enhancements guide can be found here.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-RP can be PP or SP

-You may have assistance, however only one player may gain their profession and the materials rolled for at the end by a Moderator

-Repeatable for Materials only

Rewards:

1. A title relating to your profession
  2. The ability to open up a shop in the 'Merchants and Shops' section.
  3. 1 extra Skill Point
  4. Extra materials (rolled by Moderator whether GM or PST with Loot Die upon topic completion)

Recommended Level: 2

Edited by Alice

Beatbox leaned near the doorway of a store that lied one of the many people to go to for Earning a Living, it was around this time where players decided to step up from their beginner levels to progress deeper into this game to become truly free rather than stuck to a level. He waited patiently waiting for someone to arrive, he had nothing better to do today other than helping others, after a moment a player had stepped outwards from the building... she was looking to be a tailor, there was an abundance of them sure... but he didn't think they we're that successful to begin with. "Tailor huh? You've picked one that has been lacking, for that I applaud you miss." he looked towards her with a smile as he extended his hand outwards to give her an introduction "Beatbox, Sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants, Secondary DPS in my group in the front lines." giving her a formal introduction his fox familiar had looked over on his shoulder to sniff in her direction to see is she was friendly or foe.

@Alice

She looked up from her map when addressed by a passerby, "Oh, yes, I thought it'd be a fitting opportunity." While it was an unintentional pun, she didn't refer to her adoration of plushies and didn't falter in continuing, "I didn't know that there was a demand for tailors though, figured it would be performers or fishermen that needed more players." Instinctively reaching out to shake his extended hand, he'd give himself a rather descriptive introduction, "Nice to meet you, I'm Alice." She knew most players didn't use their irl names in video games, but it was usually a little awkward for her until she got to know them by her first name or a pseudonym of their choice. The group he mentioned was unfamiliar to her, primarily due to the fact that she didn't know any groups at all. However, by the manner in which he said it, he seemed rather proud of it and his position therein. She spotted the snout of a pet sneaking a peek at her and her face lit up with delight, "Is that a fox? What kind?" While it was the enemy of her favorite animal, she loved their silly antics and sly grins.

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

Beatbox chuckled at the unintentional pun, he loves his puns however if its unintentional he'll only laugh at it in his mind, though he did enjoy the pun. Beatbox had listened and looked at her with a smirk "Well... Performer and Fisherman aren't doing so well as they don't really have anything players should desperately have. To get equipment we got to go to a blacksmith or tailors which again we have so little of, and we get the rest of out bonuses from Alchemists and Cooks. Meaning Performers and Fishermen aren't well needed." He had noticed that her face had lit up with a smile and asked what kind of fox it is, Beatbox chuckled and said to her "This lil guy is Ocarina, he's a red fox. He gives me my core damage, however he himself wouldn't hurt a fly. " he said as he pat his head and grabbed his fox and extended it outwards to her face as Ocarina licked her face and looked at her with cute puppy dog eyes "He's extremely young, typically red foxes are bigger than this, however he's a cute lil baby." he said with a happy look.

@Alice

Having waited in glee as the fox was outstretched towards her, she scratched the cutie as he licked her face, "Well, hello there, Ocarina. Aren't you just the cutest fox in Aincrad." Granted, she hadn't yet seen a fox here, but she was confident in her verdict, "Interesting name you gave him, I'm guessing you're into music?" She hadn't played or heard of the classic game that sparked its popularity in the gaming community, though she had spoken to other musicians in the real world that could play ocarinas. However, she waited for his response so she could move onto the more prominent question at hand, "By the way, how do you get a pet? I've just got to get one after this quest, hands down." She got giddy at the thought of adopting a lovable white ball of fluff and already had plans for clothes and treats, but she kept herself from getting too excited. After all, she was in the middle of a pretty important quest and it would have to be completed prior to those plans.

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

Beatbox felt embarrassed to say anything, he gave this fox that nickname when he was through a phase of his life where he got the false freedom of this world to him, but he sighed and said "Well, I gave this lil guy his nickname when I was going through a phase of my life here where I got a false sense of freedom. I used to dress like a popstar to the full definition to it. But I have moved on to a much much more calmer variant and I am much more aware of the things around me, with a full understanding of what this world truly is." he gave her a wink before moving his fox back onto his shoulder and patted his fluffy head. He smirked and said "Theres a gypsy lady that roams this games floors and give players the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>> only then will you be able to get a familiar, I personally have done this quest twice as my first Familiar had died." he said with a slight upset look but still happy enough to be explaining it to her.

@Alice

Alice didn't necessarily understand what the name Ocarina had to do with his development of life, assuming that he felt the instrument was a pleasant and free sound, which left her a little unimpressed. Of course, it was likely an improper assumption, but she was quick to jump to conclusions if it wasn't of interest to her. However, she was both glad and disappointed to hear that there was a quest to get a pet as it meant it would require a lot more effort than simply visiting a pet store. She was even more concerned to have learned that they weren't untouchable by damage, "Oh, that's unfortunate. I'm sorry for your loss." It as a little odd referring to bits of data as something that expressed any sense of life, but the fox before her would have fooled her as a well trained pet if she didn't know this was a game, "I heard that this game is ridiculously dangerous though, taking countless players' lives in the process as well. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me on my quest? We could continue our chat and get something accomplished in the meantime." She smiled, hoping that he would accept, knowing that his confidence in his capability and group would prove to be a valuable asset to her ventures.

@Beatbox

"Its alright, life's too short to be devoured on the loss of a loved one. Just remember that." he said with a wink as he looked over to the side and the other to be sure that there's no one over hearing our conversation, the last thing he wanted was for people to tune into our conversation. He smiled and gave her a polite bow and said out to her after her speech "I'd love to accompany you in this quest, I understand that beginners have a tough beginning and this game can be brutal for beginners. So I will be sure that you do not end up in a bad situation. I promise." he said with god honest promise as he could, the last thing he wanted is for beginners to perish and end up like everyone that waited around till now to do something. He got himself back up straightened and gave her a warm smile, he was going to help her as best as he possibly can with this quest as he does understand locking himself away and being a beginner once more, so he truly understands the pain of it all.

@Alice

While Alice had not lost anyone close, she certainly knew she'd be heartbroken from just the thought of it alone. She had seen people become mere shells of what they once were over it and imagined that it'd be very easily to lose oneself in that sort of situation. She felt a little guilty for manipulating him into serving her purpose, but it wasn't like she was holding anything over his head, "I really do appreciate your help." She needed some safety and he was willing to provide it, though it did strike a nerve when he referred to her as a beginner multiple times. She wasn't fond of being mediocre at things, even if she was currently the very definition of beginner in this game. She made a mental note to get that out of the way as soon as possible. Recalling the requirements for the quest, she'd catch him up on everything that he would need to know, "Well, first things first. The details of the quests states that I need to visit a certain field to obtain at least two of the following materials - spider webbing, wool, and cowhide. Do you know where that is and how to get there?"

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

"Its no biggie, its what I do." he said with a smile as she had said were they could find three specific items, Beatbox then lit up with a smile as he knew where all 3 of those could be "Well... Wool and Cowhide could be found on a farm, we'll just have to kill some sheep and cows. However we're gonna have to play cave explorers to get some spider webs." he said as he opened his map of the floor in his menu's and studied where one might be, he saw that they we're equally apart, he smirked and looked up to her with a smile and said "Which one do you want to head to first? They're equally apart from each other and shouldn't be that hard to walk to and back.". He looked right from left in their directions, they were not in sight but they weren't too far away either, he waited patiently for her response and didn't really mind where they headed to first, as long as they didn't do anything stupid before hand... that would be bad.

@Alice

It was certainly calming to know that this gentleman knew where everything was to make this a quick and easy quest, but she knew not to take it for granted. She had heard many times about the deaths of new players underestimating the dangers of the wild and she wasn't going to let herself go that easy, "Well, how about we go to the farm first? That sounds far more delightful than whatever deranged form of eight legged freaks there are in this game." She visibly shuddered at the thought of three foot tall spiders being a thing, but let the thought pass. Certainly, the developers of a game like this weren't that despicable... "It'll probably be considerably easier to deal with too, not that I think you'll have any issue with that." She would allow him to lead the way to their destination, following slightly behind and to his side so that they could engage in a modest conversation, "I'm guessing you've done this quest a time or two, mind me asking what profession you took on?" She imagined he took on the role of an alchemist, blacksmith, or cook, but that was nearly half of the available choices to choose from, but he certainly didn't seem like a fisherman or performer.

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

Beatbox had chuckled after comment about eight legged freaks, he was aware of the kind of monsters she was talking about... Spiders. She kind have reminded him a little bit of Birdie and her constant hate towards spiders. "Ahaha, I have fought in a dungeon where the boss was a giant spider! I can tear them apart no issue." he said to her with confidence as they had headed towards the nearby farm to pick down a couple cow and sheep. He looked over when she had asked what profession he had part taken in, and he gave her a smirk and looked back forward and said "Well... I'm a cook, and unfortunately... I don't really want to be anything honestly. I just wanna be out there exploring the world and getting us closer to victory. I guess you could call me an explorer." he laughed before reaching the farm. A couple of feet away from them stood two cows and two sheeps conveniently. "Wait here Alice, I'll be right back." he said with a smile as he moved forward as he unsheathed his sword, it glowed an eerie blue as he unleashed a simple AoE attack ending all four of them, giving Beatbox the items needed for Alice. He returned and gave Alice the items she needed.

@Alice

-----

ID: 74707 - BD: 2+4=6 - MD: 2-3=1

Sword Art Used: Rage Spike (14*2=28)

Beatbox: 875/875 - 82/86 [-4 EN]

Cow x2: 0/4 [-28 HP]

Sheep x2: 0/4 [-28 HP]

Loot: 4 T1 Materials [2 - Cowhide / 2 - Wool]

A giant spider was the last kind of arachnid that she cared to witness on her own, but if that's what it came down to, at least she knew Beatbox would be able to handle it on his own. In fact, in just a few moments, he was going to be able to do a lot more on his own than Alice had even considered. At least, in the meantime, she could contribute in some regard, "Ah, a cook." She had considered it on nearly equal terms with becoming a tailor, but his last bit did catch her off guard, "To be honest, as long as you're doing what you enjoy, then it's a great thing to strive for." Alice wasn't sure whether a profession would be enjoyable or not, but she had to keep at it until she could afford to maintain life in Aincrad, similar to what she supposed Beatbox did. When he excused himself, Alice watched as he completely annihilated a group of cows and sheep, knocking out two of the three requirements in no less than a single attack. While she had heard about the vast range between levels, it was quite surprising to see it in practice, "Well, I guess being an explorer is a good calling after all. I know you mentioned you were a big shot, but just how far up the ranks are you?" A genuine question, but not one that might be quite easy to answer.

@Beatbox

Beatbox opened his eyes in shock for a moment, before feeling a little uncomfortable, he wondered if he should expose his true level... true, she had seen him take down these cows and sheep like they were nothing... but, he felt like she had a true right to know what level he really was. He looked down and then back up, he said with a neutral voice before smirking "I am level 43. I am no big shot, but I am a front liner. I had to work very hard to get up here in this level... probably a little too hard to be perfectly honest... I took down too many boars, took on numerous amounts of quests. Yet there are plenty I haven't done or fought. I want to prove my worth to myself, I want to become the person I want to be." he shook his head as they walked towards the cave and he looked over with a smile "That's why I want to call myself a explorer, because I explore this world to find the challenges that it can give anyone." he looked back forward and asked of her "What are your goals in this world Madam Alice?"

@Alice

While it may have been something of importance for him to hide, the difference between level 25 and level 75 meant very little to her at the present. Being the bottom of the barrel as a level 1, anything that was currently out of sight just seemed like overkill to think about at this point. While Beatbox likely didn't know about Alice's lack of contacts at this point, there wasn't anybody that she'd sell the information out to, but it was a perfectly reasonable thing for any player at any level to be cautious with. Keeping a steady pace alongside the man as they made their way to the next key material, Alice took her turn to think about the things she had in mind, "Well, there's a few things I wouldn't mind striving for here. First things first, I do believe it would be quite nice to create a movement to teach players like myself the basics of the game, make them prepared, and push them to become players like yourself. Two, I want to be on the frontlines as well, knocking out these bosses so that we can eventually make it out of here. Then, of course, I want to build a social circle here." She laughed at the thought of how she went from one of the popular kids irl to a no name player that didn't know anyone, "It's certainly very unusual being a loner in such a big world and it's not something that I'm a fan of." Perhaps it was a bit extreme how much she wanted, but she felt it wasn't too much to ask for, "I know that first bit might be a tad odd, but how did you feel when you first started out with nothing? I'd like for players to be able to experience this, what we're doing, to make things safer and fun. You know what I mean?"

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

Beatbox had listened to her words as they walked on the path towards the cave, and he smiled as he had listened to her goals that she had wanted to do. When she was finished speaking he nodded his head and looked at her with a smile "Those are some good goals to strive for, but don't rush yourself to get to the front lines, I did and I found myself stressed out once I actually got there. When I should have paced myself... but no, I pushed myself hard to get there." he shook his head and he let out a slight chuckle. He had listened to her words once more about this world and how it felt... odd, he had listened till she was finished, and thought about it for a moment, he thought for a good moment and said "I kind of see where you are coming from, and yes it feels rather odd to be alone in this world, but I am pretty used to it. After I got a boost from another player, I was pretty much on my own, and I didn't get any further for days, heck weeks before I eventually met someone then eventually joined a guild." he smiled at the memory... however his smiled turned to a grin "they're all gone now. no where to be found." he said with a monotone voice "I am still looking for them, one way or another I will find them, even if I have to look through every damned name in the Monument of Life." he shook his head and thought for a moment before speaking: "After that I have been pretty much on my own, even in a guild I find myself alone in my thoughts, no one else to hear me out most of the time."

@Alice

While his advice was to avoid rushing towards the frontlines, it likely wasn't something she was going to take too seriously. She had excelled in an overwhelming amount of stressful activities in the real world and didn't expect this to be much different, but she would take it to heart to keep cautious while pushing towards becoming a frontliner. What did take her by surprise though was the matter of how he was a loner, even at his status in level and guild. Certainly, being an explorer as he mentioned would be a contributing factor, but he sounded like a very lonely soul by the sounds of things. She didn't know what she could say to make it better without sounding too personal, "I know that I have yet to experience how brutal this game can be, but losing a friend, let alone somebody closer than that, can make the world pause. There's been a few times where I lost myself in the tragedies of another, losing my grip on school, my social group, and sometimes my passions." While they were obstacles that she had overcome in her own time, the holes in her heart were still there, albeit roughly patched up, "However, I've found ways to celebrate their life, rather than mourning for their deaths. I'm sure you are and will continue to be honoring them by knocking out these floors to complete the game, the one goal nearly everyone here is striving for... and dying for." As they made it to the entrance to the cave, she would halt at the entrance, giving him time to speak his mind before giving Alice the pleasure of sitting this one out once again.

@Beatbox

Beatbox and Alice had stopped in front of the cave, she had finished her words and he gained a smile onto his face "Yeah, I guess so. They'll save a throne for me in heaven or hell when I get there." he chuckled he walked forward into the cave and without much time he had noticed eyes forming from the sky two coming from in front of them and two from behind them. Beatbox chuckled and placed an arm pushing her back so he wouldn't accidentally hit her with his AoE sword art. He unleashed his sword art forcing a beam of light shooting outwards left and right hitting all four of them forcing them to perish. He had looked down to the rewards and looked over with a smile as he had gave her the rewards, the last piece for her quest. He patted her back and said "Let's get back to town so ya can finish up your quest, thank you for your company, I don't get much often. So I appreciate it." he smile wide and sheathed his sword as he walked out the cave and onward the path to town.

@Alice

-----

ID: 74707 - BD: 2+4=6 - MD: 2-3=1

Sword Art Used: Rage Spike (14*2=28)

Beatbox: 875/875 - 81/86 [+1 EN / -4 EN]

Spooky Scary Spiderz x4: 0/4 [-28 HP]

Loot: 8 T1 Materials [2 - Cowhide / 2 - Wool / 4 - Spider Webbing]

Smiling at his unbaised judgement of himself, she would step clear away from the range of his attack so that he could handle the ugly little critters in peace. Once again, he took out four enemies with little effort, butchering them in a single attack before returning to Alice. Taking the last of the materials needed to continue with the next step of the quest, she would place them in her inventory for the journey back, "Sounds like a good plan and don't thank me for anything, you're the one that gets the credit where credit is due. Had it not been for you, I likely would not have finished this quest anytime soon. Thank you." She would make her way back into town, following alongside Beatbox, until they arrived at the shop, "Ah, welcome! Welcome back!" The NPC would wave for Alice to come over to his crafting bench, patting on the seat for her to take her place, "Now, crafting is quite an easy trade, it all comes down to a bit of handiwork and luck." He would show Alice how to position the tools and weave between the edges, "It's just like so, yes... Ah, but not too hasty... There we go, now you've got it."

A few moments would pass and Alice would finally have an end product to show for her work (and therefore the dirty work Beatbox did), "That was pretty eas-" With the movement she had made, the sewing of the fabric had completely fallen apart, ruining her craft, but not the materials themselves. "Oops..." The NPC laughed, knowing that it was a pretty common error for beginners, "No worries, no worries. You've only just begun and it was a good first attempt. I can still use the materials so it was not inherently an unsuccessful attempt!" She would hand back everything to the man, finding herself clutching her thumb in the same hand out of natural embarrassment, but it definitely could have been worse. She turned to Beatbox while the NPC went to fetch something out of a cabinet, "Well, were you so unlucky on your first attempt?" After the last word escaped, she picked back up, "On second thought, if it's a no, just spare me the disappointment." She smiled, turning back to the NPC as he handed her a set of keys and a box of tools, "Good luck, dearie. You'll need it." Grimacing at the comment before opening the door for the other player, "Thanks again for all the help, Beatbox. Feel free to drop by the shop whenever I open it. Actually-" Alice would up the menu with delight, before adding his player name, "I'll send you a message when I get the preparations done, you can be my first customer."

- - - - -

ID: 74777 - CD: 6 - LD: 17

@Beatbox

Edited by Alice

Beatbox had taken her back to town where she would make her first few crafts, he had sat back and watched her try to make her first craft, and it seemed to be going great... until she had made a little mistake failing her first craft, Beatbox giggled, but it was going to be a long way before she becomes a true perfect craftsman... or woman? He shook his head with a smile as he had listened to her speak, once she was finished he let out a chuckle and said "I would love to be your first customer." he accepted the request without a second thought. He placed a hand over his heart and placed the other hand behind his back as he politely bowed for her and said to her "Whenever you need me please feel free to shoot me a message, I'll be with you as fast as I possibly can. I'll catch you later." he said with a smile as he pointed two fingers in the air with a wiggle, he turned around and walked away happy knowing he made a new friend.

@Alice