[F7:PP] Clash of Steel (Beatbox)

Azrael found herself upon the highest peaks on the mountainous floor that was level seven. It was here that Az had made her home. The air was crisp and clear high up over the clouds, and it made Anna breathe easier being in such a clean environment.  For a little more than over a year, Anna Velasquez had fallen off the map. She had lost herself in darkness completely and spiraled out of control, hiding herself from the rest of the world and nursing her mind back to health. For months she had roamed from floor to floor with reckless abandon, only sleeping for a few hours at a time, killing what she could eat; she lived much like a wild animal. It wasn’t until she’d wandered onto floor seven one fateful evening that she began to come back to her senses. It was the sight of the stars glittering over the icy mountain caps that had caught Anna’s attention. The stars came out and shone over every floor, but the number of stars seemed greater, and they shimmered more brightly than on the other floors. It was why Az decided to stay, and she’d been here training ever since.

In the last month, Anna had made the most improvements; she even found herself training again. She found herself in a clearing in the forest practicing her various sword arts she’d already learned to use. The hwando in her hand felt different than the rapier she’d learned to use in the beginning. It was a good different in Azrael’s eyes. The dark haired woman spun about the open field twirling and slashing away at the cool, pine fresh air. She focused on the sound of the wind that echoed through the trees and fluttered the soft grass beneath her feet as she flowed through each movement with delicate grace. The woman had been training since sunrise, but the sun was near overhead and she was contemplating a break. She was about to sheath Coldstar until she hear a snapping of twigs behind her. Quickly, Azrael spun about and began to scan the area.

“Whose’s there?” she called out hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

"Floor 7 eh...?" he thought to himself as he explored the area a tad bit more, he hadn't really been on this floor before today, the only time he was ever here was to complete a quest or two, but he never casually explored this floor, however he had been trying to the lower floors more since he has the necessary skills in order to do so, he looked around the environment and enjoyed the air that surrounded him, it felt like a fresh breath of air... a breath of air he desperately needed after the questing, boss raids, and the event boss that had happened, it truly was a grind up until now. Now he feels like he's at a stable level to not necessarily care about growing up in levels that often. He continued to walk throughout the area and stumbled on a couple of twigs, breaking them causing to gain the attention of a player that happened to be right in front of him. She was female with a curved sword pointed directly at him, he didn't flinch, he didn't get angry nor worried. He calmly said to her "Just a player that was exploring the area, nothing too special about me. I ain't here to pick a fight, just here to get a breath of fresh air." as he gave her a kind warm smile.

@Azrael

From the tree line a young man approached her. The tall blonde man walked gently through the field, his hair tussled by the cool breeze. He spoke gently; his words were calm and that put Azrael at ease enough to withdraw her weapon. “I didn’t mean to be rude,” Az apologized, “You startled me is all.” She finished her words as she put Coldstar back into its intricately designed sheath.

“What brings you all this way?” She asked, her curiosity peaked, “I typically don’t get many adventurers around these parts. Not many find anything to be of value as I do up here.” The woman gave a yawn, and a bit of stretch, raising her hands high up over her head. She held this pose and exhaled deeply as she let her arms come back down to her sides once more. She casually glance over at the young man expectantly awaiting a reply.

Beatbox chuckled, he somehow knew she meant no harm, the way she had asked and looked didn't look like a threat nor someone wanting to take a bad path, he kept a smile on his face as he watched her stretch and ask why he was even here in the first place. Beatbox crossed his arms and leaned his shoulder up against a tree and said with a smile "Well, I haven't been on this floor much. Maybe once or twice for a quest or a dungeon. You know, the grind. But now since I have gained a good enough level, I feel like I can stop to smell the roses ya know?" he said with a giggle, he walked forward and extended his hand out for an introduction "Beatbox. Sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants, Secondary DPS in my group in the Front lines. However you can call me "Beat" if you wish." he gave her a warm smile and then asked "And your's madam?" His fox familiar appeared over his shoulder and began to smell in her direction to see if she was friendly or foe.

@Azrael

The young man stopped and leaned up against a nearby tree giving Azrael a chance to give him a good once over. He was fair with bright blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, His face was jovial and his words were warm and gentle. It seemed she had crossed paths with a true player; a frontliner to be exact. Az smiled and he casually introduced himself as Beatbox. So this is what frontliners were like these days. She knew quite a few souls who went to the front and the woman thought to ask about the status of her friends. As he spoke something fuzzy and cute popped up over his shoulder and watched Az with its glossy beady black eyes. “Hello cute little fuzzy!” she greeted the little fox.

Beatbox asked for her name. She saw no harm in giving it to the young man, and so she introduced herself. “You may call me Azrael. I’ve no formal title as I’ve not done much. You can call me Az if you like, most prefer to do so.” She explained. “You must be quite skilled if you’re on the front line,” The little wheels in Az’s head began to turn, “ Do you think you could indulge me in a one v one?” It’d been long since she had fought anyone and she was interested in seeing just how far she’d fallen behind.

Beatbox had giggled at her reaction to his familiar calling him 'cute', Ocarina barked and panted happily in the tone saying "Hello!". He patted his familiars head and leaned his shoulder back up against the tree, he gave her another smile and said out to her "Well its nice to meet you Az, it is a fine day to take a walk in this sort of temperature, simply perfect." he gave her a wink. He looked over to the side as he chuckled "I wouldn't call myself entirely skilled, I just know how to keep myself alive and fighting." he looked downwards on the grass because deep inside he was afraid of dying or losing his anger as he once did before... he was truly scared of this world, but he remained to not show his fears on the world around him. He was surprised to hear that she had wanted to 1v1 him in a duel, he looked over with a smile and said "Are you sure? I don't want to be known as someone that openly beat a beautiful woman like yourself in a duel." he gave her a warm smile but reached out for his sword just in case she really wanted to duel him.

@Azrael

The young man’s modesty was rather adorable. He insisted that he was not skilled and merely fighting to stay alive, however, Az knew many on the front; each more skilled than the last. It took a great level of skill and talent to keep up with the way they were progressing on the floors. In the last year they climbed more floors than they had in the one prior. It was all thanks to dedicated souls such as he one before her that it was getting done. “You’re far too modest. I’m sure you can show me a thing or two.” She urged hoping he would indeed take her up on the offer. Still, he cutely resisted.

“Oh you wouldn’t be the first. There have been quite a few gentlemen that put me in my place. I just need to know how far I’ve fallen behind and what it’ll take to get where I need to be. Please?” She asked him and smiled widely

Beatbox grinned as she had said it wouldn't be the first... he didn't know what that was supposed to mean, however he didn't really want to really ponder upon it. Beatbox nodded his head and unsheathed his sword stabbing it into the ground in front of him placing one hand on the handle while the other on top of his fist that was clenched to it. He gave her a warm smile and said out to her "Alright... I can't really say no to a female, just please do not get upset. I wouldn't want to see a cute face like yours upset now." he chuckled before opening his menu sending her the duel request at half loss to prevent any mishaps from happening, he accepted and kicked the sword out from the ground onto his shoulder "I'd like you to have the first hit madam Azrael, show me whatcha got in ya. No holdin' back." he smiled as he waited for her to strike upon him. The duel had began, however he stood there waiting for her to give out the first hit.

@Azrael

Azrael grinned as the young man finally agreed to her terms.  “Don’t worry. I asked for this. I won’t be upset at all.” Her dark eyes glinted in the sunlight as she brushed her long hair from her face and pulled Coldstar from its sheath. She was starting to get a feel for the hwando; it had been a gift from a pretty young alchemist she’d chance to make acquaintance with. The blade was heavier than her Azurewrath, but her rapier was long gone as she had given it to Hikoru over a year ago. It was time to see what she could do with the weapon she held in her hand.

Az charged the young man and activated her most powerful attack thus far: Bear knock. She rushed forward and furiously swiped away at her opponent four times and despite her best efforts, she could not get her blade to connect. even with her accuracy boost, she was no match for the speed at which the young man moved. It reminded her a little of a kimono clad young man she knew a long time ago. She never could keep up with the speed of Life. Now that she knew all of what she could do Azrael nodded and smiled. She figured she had fallen so far behind. The pretty woman felt ashamed, even a bit embarrassed by her lack of skill, but it was what it was. All she could do now was improve. 

"Alright, Now show me what you can do," Azrael said with a smile.

She was ready.

Az just had to know.

BD: 4 (5+2 ACC- 3 EVA)

AZRAEL FAILS TO ATTACK

AZRAEL USES 2 ENERGY

AZRAEL      220/220     20/22 ENERGY

BEATBOX     855/855     84/84 ENERGY

Edited by Azrael
because i cant read and i'm bad at math!

Beatbox watched her movements, she was quick... but not quick enough, she had tried to attack him however he had moved out of the way with great speed, she had wanted to see his true power and he wasn't one to disappoint, he winked at her and his sword glowed a dark blue as he swung his sword at a 180 degree angle, however tripping on one of the roots, with a surprised look he tripped on the root and horribly missed Azrael falling onto the ground. With a thud he hit the ground and said as he raised a arm into the air with a finger pointing upwards "I'm okay! Just give me a moment." he said as he collected his thoughts as he stood up brushing off the dirt that was on his Blastia uniform, and coughed "Let's try that again." he giggled as he placed his sword on his opposite shoulder waiting for her next attempt to attack him.

@Azrael

-----

ID: 73846 - BD: 1 (Best Roll Ever, Just Saying.)

Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt.

Beatbox: 855/855 - 83/85 [-2 EN]

Azrael: 220/220 - 20/22

Azrael held still and watched Beatbox carefully. His sword glowed a lovely blue color as the young man began his Sword Art and swung the blade at her. She waited till he was just close enough before she tried to dodge his attack, but her opponent clumsily tripped over a root the stuck up from the ground. He landed hard, face first down upon the ground. Az was about to ask him if he was okay, but he held a finger up to her and asked for a moment. The dark eyed woman, brought a hand to her mouth and did her best to stifle the giggles that escaped her. It’d been awhile since she’d seen a spectacular fumble such as this. Slowly he got off the ground and made himself presentable and asked for them to resume play. “But of course, you’ve yet to show me your abilities.” She commented and smiled.

Azrael took a breath and exhaled slowly trying to clear her mind and prepare herself for her next attack. Maybe she could at least try to get a hit off the young man before he annihilated her.

BD: 4 (5+2 ACC- 3 EVA)

AZRAEL FAILS TO ATTACK

AZRAEL USES 2 ENERGY

Az tried her most powerful attack again, and just the same as last time, she failed. He dodged in the nick of time and her blade sliced through the air. He really was just too fast for her. “Looks like it’s back to you,” she said.

“Watch out for the ground” Az teased and smiled widely.

AZRAEL      220/220     19/22 ENERGY

BEATBOX     855/855     83/85 ENERGY

Beatbox had felt embarrassed from the giggles she had held herself back from unleashing upon him, but they both quickly moved back onwards to the duel that was at hand, he had watched her movements again but she had gotten slower... looks like she was wanting to see what Beatbox was truly capable of. Beatbox quickly had dodged out of the way, and his sword glowed a dark blue he gave her a wink and unleashed the sword art combo onto her combining the best of both worlds of One Handed Straight Sword and Martial Arts into one sword art dealing more than half of her HP in damage causing Beatbox to win the duel, on the last hit she with the force had fell or fallen to the ground so Beatbox walked up to her and offered her a hand back up with a smile "Is that good enough for you madam?" he said to her with a giggle.

@Azrael

-----

ID: 73851 - BD: 7+4-2=9 (noncritical)

Sword Art Used: Meteor Break (14*11=154-6=148)

Beatbox: 855/855 - 73/85 [+1 EN / -11 EN]

Azrael: 72/220 - 19/22 [-148 HP]

[Duel Over, Beatbox Wins.]

Azrael had no idea what she was in for when she agreed to duel. AS she went in for the attack, Beatbox moved out of the path of her attack, and just as quickly went into his. He gave her a wink and a Cheshire cat grin spread over the woman’s lips in amusement as his sword began to glow once more and the blade slashed into her. Just as the blade struck her person, she was tackled down to the ground. Az had no idea that a move like that was even possible. The clouds rolled overhead as she lay there on the ground looking up at the blue sky above her head and her counter continued to fall to half. Her display lit up and showed “ DUEL OVER, YOU LOSE”.

Beatbox’s handsome face appeared over hers as he held out a hand to help her up. Azrael took his hand as she sat up and let him hoist her back onto her feet. He asked if what he had done was good enough and Azrael nodded. “Yes, it has been most informative. I appreciate your assistance. I’ve never seen a move like that. How did you do that?” she asked him wondering if she could do something similar.

Beatbox had helped her up from thr ground and listened to her words, he giggled ans said to her as he placed a hand on the back of his neck scratching slowly "Well I have mastered my One Handed Straight Sword skill which the sword arts that you have aren't that great, but you do get a decent one if you get rank 2 martial arts, which I so happenly have... so... yeah, thats how I got it." he said with a slight blush as he looked away from her into the distance then back to her "But I guess I went a little too hard on ya, I didn't want to go too hard like that on you. I was worried I'd accidentally upset you, I wouldn't live that one down." he giggled. His familiar Ocarina climbed down from his shoulder and forward towards Azrael smelling her feet before looking up wanting some attention, Ocarina looked up with puppy dog eyes hoping that she'd give him a bit of attention. Beatbox sheathed his sword once more and took a deep breath.

@Azrael

“So there was a trick to it.” She laughed. It seemed martial arts was just another skill she was going to need. It seemed there were just too many things to keep up with and the game only seemed to get more complicated the longer she was a part of it.  As she mused through her thoughts, Beatbox apologized for kicking her behind as he had. “Don’t be sorry…” She told him as she patted his arm, “ I’m actually glad you didn’t go easy on me just because I’m small and female.” Az never liked being treated like a defenseless or delicate creature. She might have been small, but she could definitely hold up on her own.

There was something patting at her boot, and Az looked down to see the familiar that had been perched on Beatbox’s shoulder, down at her feet. “Hello little guy,” She said as she knelt down and held her hand out to the creature so it could smell her. It brushes itself against her hand and Az giggled and pet the little creature scratching it behind the ear. “What’s its name?” She asked. Carefully she picked up the little thing and it scurried up into her arms and went straight for her shoulder. She giggled as it fluffed its way through her hair and sniffed into her ear.

As she played with her new furry friend,  she heard the click of Beatbox’s sword in his sheath. It was then that Az realized her weapon was not on her. She scanned the area in a panic and found Coldstar a few feet from where she stood. “OH!” She squeaked and collected her weapon.  Sheepishly, she put her weapon away. “I can’t believe I didn’t realize I lost it. I suppose I’m safer staying away from battle, huh?” She joked.

Beatbox smiled as she had patted his arm and thanking him, "Well then, I guess I have done well then." he gave her a polite bow before noticing Ocarina crawling down his shoulder and got to meet Azrael. He giggled as she had played with Ocarina and asked what his name was, "That little guy is Ocarina. He gives me my core damage believe it or not." he said with a smile. He had gotten worried as she did when she had forgot her weapon and began to look around with her taking out his antlers of finding that he had gotten from the event boss to help find it however she eventually found it with time, Beatbox laughed and said "I guess, I mean it wouldn't be the best of all ideas to leave a weapon laying around, especially in a world like this." he chuckled. He went over to a tree and leaned up against it letting Az play with Ocarina as much as she liked, looking upwards thinking about this game in general, he didn't like to think deeply in front of people he just met, but sometimes it just gets to him without question.

@Azrael