[PP-NK-F1] Treasure Hunting? (Dominion and Row) <<Secret Medicine of The Forest>>

Dominion had just gotten his light armor from Aereth a couple days after his adventure with Sey and his encounter with the group of players on the first floor. Not long after that, he received a weapon from Mack that would greatly improve overall damage. The light armor that was made would surely help him on future quests. He was still somewhat tired as he PMed Row to meet him at the entrance of the wooded area on the first floor. Swiping his menu closed, Dominion appeared back on the first floor, standing in the center of the city. Dominion proceeded to walk to the gate entrance where he assumed few players would be venturing out from in the nearby future, and out onto a dirt path leading out of the city. Dominion did not follow the dirt path, but ventured between mobs, knowing to be careful not to attract their attention. He proceeded to walk through the somewhat cut grass, seeing the treeline just ahead of him. I guess I will wait at the treeline for her to arrive. Dominion sat down against one of the trees, rolled his head back against the bark of the tree and fell asleep.

@Row

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(So sorry for the late respond. Again, I just wanted to have this new axe so i could hit and hold aggro. Thank you for waiting)

Row recently received a new weapon from a player call Mack that should fix all of her issues with missing her opponents. Never again will she go 5 hits without doing some sort of damage and holding aggro. Never again will she be helpless as her friends die because she lacked the ability to protect them. Staring at her ax, she continued to daydream until she received a pm from Dom the monk. The day was getting even better. Dom invitation for that quest finally came. The treasure hunter gathered her armor along with her ax and proceed to march to the meeting spot. There she started to look around. Was Dom here? She moved her finger to her lip as she tried to figure out what was happening. The guy did not seem like the type of person to prank others. Also he really wanted to do this quest. He could have been late, but that would go against the fact that he wanted to do this quest. She started walking around the area until she saw the man himself sleeping. "Aww... he was just tired. Now i feel bad. Maybe I should do a prank." She really wished their was a marker item in game for events like this. After careful consideration, She decided to sit next to him and just wait for him to wake up so he would be well rested. 

Spoiler

Level: 5
Energy: 10
HP
: 100
Equipped Items:  Silver Fang(OHA: +2 Acc +1Bleed), Deflective Gauntlets (Gauntlets - +27 Mit.), Embargo (Shield: +2 Thorn, +1 Paralyze)
At Ready Items:  1 Teleportation Crystals, (Dimensional Pouch & Dimensional Backpack)

Skills:
Battle Healing - 1 Rk. (Recovers 5 health a turn while in combat)
Search and Detect - 1 Rk +1LD

Damage Rating: 1 (1 Base)
Damage Mitigation: 27 (27 Armor Enhancement)

Edited by Row

Dominion woke up from his slumber, and quickly came to realize that Row was sitting beside him. Dominion could feel the rough bark behind his head, which wasn't sharp enough to bother him. Dominion remembered sending the PM and stretched his arms, "Hey Row, are you ready?" Dominion yawned as he stood up. He looked up towards the sun, which was now high in the sky and gave him the approximate time. "We should have enough time to complete this quest", Dominion swiped open his inventory and equipped his spirit monkey fist weapons and armor. Dominion knew generally where the Nepents were located, since he had came to this place with Pixel to train and scout out the area. "If you are ready, lets go and find some loot." Dominion said, waiting for Row to get up and began walking through the tree line and into the forest. He was keeping on high alert for Nepents.

Row was a little disappointed in his reaction. She at least expected him to be surprised, make a joke, or something like Vargus. Not everyone was the same though so she just smiled when he looked to her and nodded her head. When he turned around, she let out a sigh. She got up and equipped her gauntlet along with taking out her ax and shield. She jogged to catch up to her the monk. She wanted to stand in front but she did not know much about the quest or what they were suppose to be fighting. "Sorry, I did not do my research. What are we looking for?" She walked next to him, wondering how much stronger or weaker he was compared to her. Normally you could go off gear but she has always been an exception being max gear at level 5. For all she knew, he could have been a better thank then her so see had to be completely on her guard. "By the way, you never told me what level you were. You don't have to... I mean if you dont want too." She looked away trying to pretend she did not care.

Dominion became distracted by the question. "I thought the level popped up when you accept a friend request... maybe not. Either way, I am level 14." Dominion said. He realized that he himself didn't see her level when she accepted his friend request, so he asked her, "And you? your garb is that of a higher level, but I would not be surprised if all that came from treasure hunting and stuff." Dominion caught sight of a Nepent to his left side, "Ok, I know you probably already know that there is a Nepent to the left of us, and since you are tanking, I would say that its our chance. However, it looks stronger than the regular Nepent. Do you want to take that one or search for the weaker ones?" Dominion asked. He was going to point where the Nepent was, but if he extended his arm in that direction, he would have hit her forehead.

(OOC- loot eligible or no?)

(OOC Sure but lets fight them one at a time. Neither of us have a safe way to do big damage so this is going to take a bit. Plus do you hit for 3 or 2? cause your weapon only gives + 1 not plus 2. I am going to let you control the mob... since you saw it first.)

"Level 14!" Row repeated in shock. He was 9 levels higher then her. She gave an uneasy laugh as she turned around and lowered her head. "I am only level 5..." This was the second time she would be tanking for another high level. Still, this time it would not end like the last. This time she was going to be ready and properly tank. "It's ok though, I am the strongest level 5 in the world so don't under estimate me." She Stood up and saw a giant... plant? Could you even call that a plant? When Dom explained that it was called a Nepent, it confirmed one thing. It was going to be a dead Nepent. "I am not afraid! Watch me destroy it with my new ax. Just remember not to attack until i have enough aggro! That is really important ok!" Before getting an answer she charged at the creature with her battle cry, KYAAAA.

Nepent 140/140 hp (10 dmg)
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 sp 
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp  

74411 B: 1 missed!

As Row charged forward, she slipped half way and fell face first onto the ground. "Darn it... Dom, Dont attack yet. I am still in this."

Edited by Row

Dominion looked down to his side, as Row lowered her head. "I am only level 5", she said. She proceeded to explain that she was the strongest level 5 in the world, which Dominion could easily believe. Dominion then watched Row begin a charge and fall directly on her face. She said, "Dom, Dont attack yet". Dominion stood perfectly still and didn't make any move. "Uh ok, I will wait." The Nepent saw Row make a move or something, because it suddenly began focusing its attention on her. Quickly, it shot over towards her and a root or something like that hit her side. There was almost no damage done, but Dominion wanted to test out his new first aid ability. "I think I will resort to healing if you are going to tank, since that is how I plan to assist in battles." Dominion rushed over to where she fell and put his hand on her shoulder. A golden glow iluminated from his handwraps and her health bar went back to full. He then moved back so not to instigate an attack on himself and allowed her to get back up.

Nepent 140/140 hp (10 dmg)
Row 100/100 hp 10/10 sp 
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp 

ID# 74412

CD:11 (Heals for 16%, which is 16)

MD:9 (Critical Success) (10+1)-27=1 Dmg to Row

Edited by Dominion

As Row looked forward, she saw the plant monster waddling to her. Little did she know, one of its vines was coming for her side. As she was picking herself if, she felt a force knock her to the side. She rolled a few meters until the dirt slowed her to a halt her momentum. "Ouch..." Shortly after, Dom came running along and did some weird skill she never saw before. Afterwards, all the damage she took just disappeared. "What was that?" Row got up and looked around at herself. Before she could thank Dom, the plant beast came charging at her. "I have to thank you later."

ID# 74413 B:9 Crit!

She charged at the beast and did not trip. Instead she leaped into the air and slapped the creature with her shield before landing on the plant's head, while simultaneously driving her sharp ax into it's head. As she lifted her weapon she tried to hold on to the creature while it could not move. "Ok, Attack now Dom!"  

Nepent 138/140 hp Bleed [2/2] Paralysis [1/1]
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 sp hate: 2
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp 

Edited by Row

Dominion lurched forward when he heard the signal. He moved from side to side, too agile and quick for the Nepent's roots to follow. Finally he punched out with his left hand, only for it to get caught by a knot of roots, not but a couple inches from the Nepent itself. Shoot, how did that happen? How was it able to focus on me while Row has it's attention? Even though his hand was caught, it seemed as though he still managed to do damage. Also, the Nepent seemed more focused on throwing Row off it's head, except that it suddenly was stuck in place. The Nepent's health bar dropped by a small margin. Dominion used his other fist during this time to break the knots that bound his left hand and took a half step back. He knew that Row could handle it from above, so he decided to stay on the ground for the time being.  

Nepent 136/140 hp Bleed [2/2] 
Row 99/100 hp 10/10 sp hate: 2
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp  hate: 1

ID# 74518

BD: 6 (hit) 2 dmg to the Nepent 

MD: 6 Paralyzed

Edited by Dominion

(OCC- I was told that apparently bleed works on my turn not the mobs... go figure lol... also just remembered... my shield has paralyze... so the creature should be stunned... We gotta edit that and give it back its 14 hp... I also forgot to track my Sp... It should be 8 not 10... sorry...)

)

Row struggled to balance herself on the creatures. She did not have much footing to stand on and the creature's movements were still unpredictable. How the thing move did not even make sense so common sense was already out the window. She did manage to catch a glimpse of Dom running like some speedy ninja or something to the plant. However his attack was caught by one of the vines. She stood up trying to get a better look before realizing that the creature became a little too easy to stand on. A vine suddenly whipped at her but she managed to block with her shield to minimal the damage. "Good try plant thing! But I am Row so Die now please."

ID# 74523 B:4 + 2

After Dom broke free from the vines, Row chuckled and jumped down of the plant to strike the vines. While plant monster managed to avoid most of the slashes, Row landed on one of its vines and propelled herself forward. Her ax carved a small piece of the creature's side and allowed the girl to catch one of it's vines. "Dom, Go!" Meanwhile she made faces at the plant while hanging on by the head of her ax.

Nepent 123/140 hp Bleed [1/2] 
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 sp hate: 3
Dom 280/280 hp 27/28 sp  hate: 1

Edited by Row

Dominion watched as Row did make a glancing attack on the side of the thing, which was well done. She then caught hold of the vines and was hanging on. Dominion was told to go, but he couldn't find a good spot to land a hit. Then the Nepent seemed to wake up from slumber, because it suddenly hit his arm with a vine, wrapping around his hand wraps and pulling his body perpendicular to the direction it was moving. Dominion grounded himself and pulled his arm back towards his body. The vine snapped from the tension, but that didn't do anything to the Nepent's health bar. Dominion decided he would take to the trees and turned around to the nearest tree on his right side. While Dominion had been focused on trying to hit, so was the Nepent. It struck out a vine in Row's direction, but missed by about half a foot.

further edited

Nepent 123/140 hp Bleed [1/2] 
Row 100/100 hp 10/10 sp hate: 3

ID# 74526 BD:2 (miss)

MD: 4 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Despite Row's attempts at distracting the plant, the creature continued to find ways to impeded her ally's attacks. She jumped down to help Dom as he was wrapped up but he broke free not even seconds later. She sighed wishing she did not give up her position. "Be care..." Before she could finish she saw a shadow line growing bigger and bigger. She looked up and immediately dived out the way of a incoming vine. "Nevermind..." She really wanted to say something to Dom, but with that last bit of carelessness, she did not have the right. Raising her ax, she let out another battle cry while charging forward towards the plant. 

ID# 74600 results:Battle: 7+2

She jumped on top of the vines. Using them as stepping platforms, she slowly made her way to the plants horrible excuse for a face and finally launched a upward vertical strike. At the end of her attack, she grabbed onto the plant's upper lip. She hoped to use it to propel her up in the air when the creature cried in pain. Now that she was up their, she started to wonder if it would even cry out in pain. "Dom... I think i have it distracted enough. So now would be a good time for some of those sword arts..."

Nepent 111/140 hp Bleed [0/2] 
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 sp hate: 4

Edited by Row

Dominion glanced up as Row made her way up to the face of the thing. In this brief time, Dominion had managed to climb up the tree and stood on a branch several feet above the Nepent. He waited up in the trees and watched as Row made a successful hit on the Nepent. She basically asked for him to use a sword art, but he didn't have any. He shook his head as he tried to think fast... Instead, he did something he didn't do often. He may have had less practice using his techniques in the air, but that did not mean that he couldn't land a great hit with a technique which he seldom used. He jumped forward and immediately caught hold of a moving vine, one of two vines which seemed to be targeting Row. He struck out with his fist-weapon and snapped the vine he was holding on to. As that vine dissipated and the second vine hit Row and continued to go past her, Dominion caught a hold of the second and swung with ease. He quickly climbed the vine with both hands and leaped onto the main body of the Nepent. Upon landing, he squatted like a monkey and bracing his legs, struck down on it with his palm, and immediately the Nepent froze absolutely still. "Sorry, but I don't have a sword art yet. All I have is Martial Training from monks in the real world." Dominion stood back up and turned around. He was now facing Row, both now on top of the Nepent.

Nepent 93/140 hp Bleed [2/2] 
Row 99/100 hp 8/10 sp hate: 4
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp  hate: 3 

ID# 74660

BD: 10 (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to Nepent] (Gets bleed and is paralyzed for one turn after this one)

MD: 7 (hit) 1 Dmg to Row, 14 thorns to Nepent

Edited by Dominion

(OOC, SO i spoke with other players and they said Dot damage happens on the Effected player or mob's turn. So the next time you post do the dot damage for the mob. Also... i keep thinking i Responded to the post. Sorry for the wait man)

She was a little disappointed that the creature did not raise its mouth. Maybe it could not, but then why did it have such... defined... lips. The creators of this game were clearly crazy, besides the whole death game thing. Her time for criticizing the designer came to a end when she saw a vine coming towards her. She released the lip so she could block with her shield but the damage still sunk in.

ID# 74959 results: Battle: 4 + 2 (1 dam)

Dom did not have a sword art. While it would not be a problem, it did come as a surprise for the person she thought to be the dps. Then her memory kicked in involving the moment they met. "That's right. I remember you saying you did not have the Fist weapon skill. Sorry, I keep forgetting what the name was." The next moment, Dom punched the creature so hard that it started bleeding and it was stunned. Using this free turn to recover, she climbed to the top to meet up with Dom while slashing what she could on the beast. "Well... your damage is not lacking... Did you do all that?" 

(Updated all damage updated... I apolgoize for any mistakes i made until now. I will make sure to properly note my damage from here on also, All bleeding effects will happen on the bosses turn)

Nepent 92/140 hp Bleed [2/2] [Stun 1/1]
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 sp hate: 5
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 sp  hate: 3 

Edited by Row

Dominion quickly knelt down on one leg and slammed his palm down into the Nepent for a second consecutive strike. After making his attack, he sat down where he knelt. He took a short breather, as the Nepent was no longer moving. "Well, it would certainly appear so." Dominion was wondering something, and so he decided to ask. "Row, are you the same person as you were in the real world? Or has this game changed who you are, for better or for worse?" Dominion remembered the real world, but it was now only a vague, distant memory. "Most people I have met in this game are depressed individuals, like my friend Wolfie. I have no idea what happened to him, but I have a feeling that this game will change him for the better." Dominion got back up as he realized that the mob was beginning to move again. "looks as though we have a couple more seconds before this mob is going to resume attacking us."

ID:74960

BD:7 (hit) [2 Dmg to Nepent]

MD: Stunned (takes 12 bleed)

Nepent 78/140 hp Bleed [1/2] [Stun 0/1]
Row 100/100 hp 8/10 en hate: 5
Dom 280/280 hp 28/28 en  hate: 4 

Edited by Dominion

Row giggled after the monk answered. Even without the sword art, he probably did 2 times the damage she did. That would mean the battle would end 2 times faster, given he could hit. He only appeared to have missed once but luck was a funny thing. She scouted the immobile plant until the ground, which was its head, shook. Their break was about to be over as the paralysis was starting to wear off. "Am I the same person. I... don't... know. I never really looked at my real self much. I not really much of a true gamer either. I think though that behind a mask we all are a little different though." His next comment was not surprising at all. A lot of gamers are people who have troubles in the real world. They use games to escape their troubles and to vent out their stress. " She prepared to jump off the creature. "That wolf kid is very depressing though. However I try to stay out of others real life. Kind of my model with internet life ya know." She leaved from the the off the creatures head and raised her ax. 

ID# 74981 results: Battle: 2 + 2 miss

She jumped down and prepared to strike but one of the vines hit her foot and caused her to miss and fall to the ground. "Darn... Dom... don't attack... Lets regroup."

Nepent 78/140 hp Bleed [1/2] [Stun 0/1]
Row 100/100 hp 6/10 en hate: 5

Edited by Row

Foregoing attack.

Dominion had gotten back up and noticed a vine come out from nowhere. Dominion did not have the time to warn Row, as it moved faster than he could speak. When she fell to the ground, Dominion became suddenly angry. That Nepent did that intentionally.... Its gonna pay! Dominion found that he was getting tunnel vision. Anger flowed through his veins. Dominion was about to strike the Nepent with a flurry of strikes once again but he heard Row say not to attack. Dominion could feel the anger dissipate as she said that they should regroup. Dominion was surprised by his sudden rage and tried to keep his composure. He jumped off of the Nepent and easily caught hold of a couple vines, which eased the trip down to the ground. When he came to a stop with firm footing on the ground, he was beside Row again. He held his hand to help Row back up. Dominion held a clenched fist with the hand that was on the opposite side and did not speak. He held his head up and faced the Nepent, but he was truly startled by his random outburst of emotion. He looked to both sides of the Nepent, mostly looking for strategic terrain. Vines and trees were really all that he could make use of.

ID# 74998

BD: 10 (Forgoes attack... Darnit)

MD: 2 (miss)

Nepent 66/140 hp Bleed [0/2] 
Row 100/100 hp 6/10 en hate: 5

Edited by Dominion

Even though Dom was ready to go berserk all over the boss, he listened to Row and backed off. While the boss was focused on her for the most part, she could tell that it was ready to turn on Dom at any moment. All Dom needed was one good hit before things would have gotten messy. She let out a sigh and quickly picked herself up with the help of Dom before starting at the beast. It would not be long before a Vine lashed out at her but she easily side stepped it and started charging forward. She raised her ax and let out another battle cry, hopping to stay the main focus of the plant creature. If she managed to hit the thing, she should have its full attention for a little bit. However, she would be force to have dom stand back should she miss.

ID# 75182 results: Battle: 1

A few feet into the run, she just randomly slipped and fell face first into the dirt. "Darn it... Dom I dont fully have its attention. So please give me time."

Nepent 66/140 hp
Row 100/100 hp 5/10 en hate: 5

Edited by Row

Dominion waited, standing and watching as Row ran forward, only to slip with bad footing and fall face first into the ground. Dominion really wanted to lunge out at the Nepent, but he controlled his strange emotions and he sat down. He put his golden plated handwraps together in front of him and began to meditate. He focused and calmed down his spirit, which would surely give Row enough time to regain the attention of the Nepent. Dominion was quietly sitting when another vine attack landed against Row. This vine came from directly above her while she was on the ground and by no means did it miss. It landed against Row's shield and seemingly bounced off. The impact of the vine was much more significant than the damage dealt to Row, since her items protected well. However, the Nepent's health bar dropped by a rather significant, which only helped there cause.

ID# 75193 (Dom Forgoes attack) MD:8 (hit) (10-27) 1 Dmg to Row, 14 thorns to Nepent

Nepent 52/140 hp
Row 99/100 hp 5/10 en hate: 5

Edited by Dominion

All Row could think of was how stupid it was that she could not hit the stupid plant monster. That was the whole reason for getting this weapon. These feelings only grew stronger when the shadow of a vine grew, signaling she was about to be crushed. Row rolled onto her back and raised her shield but it was not enough prevent the damage. The Vines came down hard taking out some of her hp. Row let out an irritated scream and pulled herself back up. "This time i will properly grab aggro Dom. Watch me!" With that, she began her charge at the monster. 

ID# 75866 results: Battle: 6+2 (hit for 1)

She let out another scream as she jumped into the air and slammed her axe into every vine that came her way. "I have it distracted, go in now Dom." After she finished, another whizzed to her but she jumped on top of it and dove to the plant monster, Ending her assault with a powerful horizontal slash

Nepent 51/140 hp
Row 100/100 hp 5/10 en hate: 6

Edited by Row