[R5 Appraiser - Closed For Renovations] - Everyday Miracles - SELLING UNIQUES

Aoda stepped into the lit up shop that made home in the mountains on the eleventh floor. "Shield, you around? Got something you might like." He walked forward, striding up to the front desk with a subtle grin and placing his hands on the face of it. "Not gonna cost you anything this time around. No promises for the next item I come across though." He called out with a chuckle. Waiting for the man to appear, he placed the item on the desk, unsure if he was even around to make the trade. I'll stick around for a bit just in case.

He explored the shop. Shield was the only merchant the man had ever met. From what he could tell, there weren't many of them. The brown haired man was likely the best of his class, being both a middle ranking merchant and a tank for the frontlines at the same time. Aoda definitely knew who to come to when he was in need of items or appraisals. "Where is this guy." He pondered, still examining all of the items lined against the walls and shelves, before turning to look up towards the front table again.

(-1 Nametag)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the kitchen of Beat's abandoned nearby kitchen, Shield thought he heard some noises from his own shop. He set aside the plate of breakfast he had been making for himself, praying that the durability of the meal wouldn't degrade before he got back. His feet padded across the open earth between the buildings and he popped into the front door behind Aoda.

"Oh," Shield said, taking a moment to try to take his hair as he stepped behind the counter. "Good to see you again. I'm glad to see one of these finally made its way here. I've been asking around to see who all walked away with one at the festival."

He tapped the item and stored it away in his inventory, already busy thinking up what he might rechristen his shield.

It's a unique piece as it is. It needs a name that will do it justice.

"Let me know if there's anything you need," Shield said with a subtle bow of his head. "My doors are open to anyone who needs my services."

• 3 weeks later...

The density of the moisture in the air made one's skin look as though it were perspiring from every pore in their body. The rainforest-like atmosphere in deep part of the eleventh floor, rest a flat top mountain in a heavenly gorge. Filled with waterfalls, more rain like forests, the natural feeling of the earthly essence around it. Atop the Mountain Top where a cluster of buildings lays, a small town for those with the acumen to speak highly of. Gather together for the elite and powerful. Vale gripped her fists tight as she activated her charge skill and launched up the treeline that wrapped around the mountain, dashing through the tree’s to ascend her speed until she reached the place of desire.

Vale strutted into the building quietly, “Hello Shield, are you there?” She called out in a hushed tone as to not disturb anyone sleeping, but loud enough it would gather some kind of attention, or at least she hoped. Walking up to the table, and leaned down grabbing the writing utensil and paper, she wrote out her order for the items she brought, she spoke, “I remembered you told me you were a Merchant, you're able to sell materials that can be used and identify items. Well, I found these while taking on the Searching for the Hoya quest during the time hard mode is activated. That and I also need a small assortment of materials” She finished writing down sliding the paper forward smiling having included everything she required, She stood up more stretching over the table to write it, “And it would be nice to catch up again, I want to see what you’ve been up to since the Martial Arts training.” She said as she wrote it down. Bowing slightly after writing it, “I’m sorry I have to go, I have enough time to do one more thing before I turn in for the night. I’ll see you soon!” She hurriedly said as she took off.

Duskveil Cloak of the Shadowpride
Description: A full wrap cloak has the same appearance as the Shadowpride Panther, the inside is a warm and embracing Darklurker Panther fur. The Cloak had armholes for the paw but the fingers can cover over the Cat Claws. And show Shadowpride Massive Claws.
T1 Unidentified Perfect Cloak

Scared Minotaur Guardian Meat
Description: The most primal cut in creatures, A Minotaurs meat is so succulent it melts in the mouth while having a savory aroma fill the taste glands.
T1 Unidentified Perfect Food

Request for 10 Materials

-4800 Col

Edited by Vale

Shield glanced up from his desk and he was surprised by a face that had not crossed his gaze in some time. He nodded a simple greeting, listening to Vale's request in its entirety before responding.

"You're more than welcome to drop the items here," he replied, patting the cloak as a gesture that it was not a bother for it to remain behind. "I'll have the items ready to pick up by the next time you drop by. We'll catch up properly then."

He gave a parting wave at the retreating back of the lower level player and straightened up so he could reach his tool shelf. He set the scales and jeweler's loupe out, settling himself into his chair before affixing the latter of the tools to the socket around his eye before glancing through the display. An ellipsis danced across the computerized display, indicating that the information was pending as the sights settled on the fabric of the cloak.

"Let's see..." he mused aloud as text began to race across the screen. "Pretty standard fare. Light Momentum, Mitigation, and-"

He paused, the readout interrupted by a golden exclamation point that filled his vision: The loupe's tell-tale signal of a rare enhancement. He leaned further forward.

"Life-Steal? Now that's a new one even for me," he said, letting off a low whistle as he looked over the stats. "Vale will be excited about that."

The food item revealed itself to be useful, though nowhere near as special, boasting simple Accuracy and Vitality enhancements.

Appraising Cloak

Spoiler

88645 - LD: 7 -  Light Momentum

88646 - LD: 17 - Mitigation

88647 - BD: 10, CD 11 + 3 = 14, LD: 20 - Life-Steal (Defensive)

Appraising Meat

Spoiler

88648 - LD: 13 - Accuracy +1

88649 - LD: 10 - Vitality

Edited by Shield
  • 1 month later...

I walk into the shop and looks around a bit curiously having walked through the eleventh floor as quickly as possible. Having moved through the areas as my life depended on it. Not really viewing myself ready for this floor, but i have heard of their being a merchant who can help identify the items that i have on me. I grin a bit as i find myself before his shop and opens the door. Hellloo. Mister merchant i have some items that could use some identifying if possible. I say as i enter the shop and looks for the merchant in question. I look up towards the person to meet their eyes finding that they are taller then me. I nod my head and walks towards him. I then present the person with 2 unidentified rare consumables,1 unidentified uncommon consumable, 1 unidentified rare weapon, and a rare unidentified potion. Could you check these out for me please? i have 7,333 COL, and 24 tier 1 materials to pay for these. I am willing to use either method to try and pay for it mister. I say in a nervous, and awkward tone. 

Edited by Hestia
Spoiler

Appraising

T1 Rare Food

ID# 90122 results: Loot: 5 - Loot Die 2

ID# 90123 results:  Loot: 11 - Vitality 2

T1 Uncommon Food

ID# 90124 results: Loot: 14 - Accuracy 1

T1 Rare Dagger

ID# 90125 results: Loot: 17 - Damage

ID# 90126 results: Loot: 8 - Paralysis

T1 Rare Potion

ID# 90127 results: Loot: 2 - Antidote 2

[+1,550 Col from Hestia]

[-550 Col to Banker]

Spoiler
Item Name: Chocolate Coins
ID: 90122 
Roll: LD: 5
Tier: 1
Type: Snack
Quality: Rare
Enhancements:  Loot Die 2
Description: A small bag of gold-foil wrapped chocolate coins that will bring fortune when consumed.

Item Name: Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
ID: 90123 
Roll: LD: 11 
Enhancements: Vitality 2
Description: Coffee beans covered in a layer of sweet, milk chocolate, designed to recover lost energy.

Item Name: Sharp Cheddar Cheese
ID: 90124 
Roll: 14
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Accuracy 1
Description: A wedge of yellow cheddar cheese with a strong bite to its flavor.

Item Name: Ankle Biter
ID: 90125 | 90126
Roll: LD: 17 | LD: 8
Type: Dagger
Enhancements: Damage 1, Paralysis 1
Description: A small, single edged dagger with a black-wrapped handle and a shield insignia on the pommel. a venomous spur adorns the spine, designed to stun opponents.

Item Name: Antidote
ID: 90127 
Roll: LD: 2 
Type: Potion
Enhancements: Antidote 2
Description: A bright green tincture in a small, cylindrical phial. 

"Shield will do, and that's more than enough to cover your expenses," Shield answered, tallying up the costs in his head. "That will come to 1,550 Col."

He then arranged the items in front of himself, summoning from his menu a simple red instrument with lenses at either end of a short, tubular body. He pinched the tool between his cheek and the top of his eye socket so that the lenses were lined up in front of his eye, and he held up the first of the consumables.

"This first one will increase your odds of finding loot," he explained, setting it aside to focus on the next. "These will help with energy recovery and accuracy, respectively. The potion is an antidote, and... let's take a look at the dagger."

He inspected it from handle to tip, turning it over between his fingers before handing it back to @Hestia. With the objects all identified, he banished the jeweler's loupe back to his inventory.

"A slot each of damage and paralysis. A decent balance for a tier one piece of equipment. Is there anything else you need?"

Edited by Shield

Thank you shield for the help with this. I say with a smile as i take the items that i needed to be appraised as i send you the required COL for the items. Well i guess i should go now. I'll make sure to come back here if i ever need anymore items to be examined or if i need to buy something that you happen to have in the shop.  I say cheerfully as i make my way towards the door finding myself rather happy with what i have got, and that it all seemed to be done rather quickly. Another little bonus in all of this to me. As i reach the door i gave a wave as i smile happily then opens the door and exits the shop to get ready for more quests to be completed.

Sky walks into the familiar shop, having been here a fair few times. It was a good shop, had given him the armor that had gotten him through a LOT of hard times... He was still wearing it, though it was no longer giving buffs, on his arm was a silver-gray gauntlet, with an emerald etched into it. His start, to his next level of strength. Walking over to the counter, he takes out three unidentified items, one Katana and two consumables. With a shrug, he looks at Shield.

"Any chance you could do this for me Shield?" He asks, sending him the required currency before taking a seat to wait.

1 Rare unidentified T1 Katana http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15056-f5pp-practice-for-the-raid-blood-in-the-sands/

2 Rare unidentified T2 Consumables http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15229-ppf17-coming-of-a-new-dawn/?page=2

• [T2] Rare                (600 col)x2 = 1200 Col To Shield (Consumables
  •  
  • [T1] Rare                (300 col)x1 - 300 Col to Shield (Katana - Total 1500 Col to Shield
Spoiler

+1700 Col from Stryder, -1400 Col to Banker

Spoiler
Item Name: Lifesaver Potion
ID: 90554 | 90555
Roll: LD:3 | LD:12
Tier: 2
Enhancements: Antidote | Mitigation
Description: A cerulean tincture in a round, doughnut shaped phial.

Item Name: Nightshade Potion
ID: 90556 | 90557
Roll: LD:1 | LD:18
Tier: 2
Enhancements: Antidote | Damage
Description: A bright red tincture in a round, berry-shaped phial.

Item Name: Serrated Special
ID: 90558 | 90559
Roll: LD:11 | LD:4
Type: Katana
Enhancements: Bleed | Accuracy
Description: A katana with a small, shield-shaped insignia on the pommel, a particularly narrow, tapered tip, and a jagged cutting edge.

Shield looked up from his counter as a familiar face stepped through the door. He inclined his head in greeting, clearing the space in front of him for his work. @Stryder was one of his regulars, and he typically came in to get his quest items identified. This time around, it seemed to be a couple of potions and a katana.

"Not a problem," Shield replied, his tone even. He fished out his jeweler's loupe and set about identifying what was in front of him. "These potions are interesting. Each is an antidote, but they also have minor buffs of their own. The first seems to be defensive, giving a mitigation bonus, while the other slightly boosts damage."

Setting these aside, he turned his attention to the sword, gripping it by the handle and turning it over in his hands. The loupe scanned up and down the blade, eventually producing a short readout of enhancements.

"This is an interesting combination," Shield said. "A slot each of bleed and accuracy. That gives you better damage both from the increased accuracy and from the additional DoT from vital strikes. A decent weapon, though I'm sure you'll be able to find more effective as you continue to search."

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

Simba followed the guide on his map, attempting to locate a shop that contained a Merchant that could help identify his items that he had received during his quest, «Earning a Living». His stumbles on a path way that led him to an isolated building and he never reached his way to this area before. His eyes shift left to right, as he is walking on a bridge that could potentially be the death of him. He took a deep breath before finally reaching toward the front of the shop and sighed.

"Why is an NPC placed so far from anything that is ground zero? Trying to get my equipment to identify, so I can get things done."

He knocked on the door and stepped foot into the shop, the bells chimed and his eyes immediately go toward the rather large mature man. Surprised at someone who looked so different from all the other merchant he had seen, but realized it was not an NPC and the information he received were false. He walked toward the merchant swiping down his menu and took out two equipments.

"Hey.. Can you help me identify these two piece of equipment? I can't use them until they are identified."

Simba placed the «Perfect Unidentified Light Armor» and «Rare Unidentified Light Armor» onto the counter and looked up at the merchant. He shuffled around and pulled out two «Rare Unidentified Consumables»

@Shield
OOC: All items are tier one, I think so.

Edited by Simba

Shield looked up as @Simba entered the shop. He closed out of his store inventory and listened to the player's request. It was odd, though he supposed not entirely impossible to believe, that identification had more or less been the cornerstone of his business despite the diverse stock that merchants had to offer. Still, business was business, and he was just happy to be in it.

"Sure thing," he said, pulling the items toward himself on the counter. He took out his jeweler's loupe and tapped the identification icon for the first set of armor. "Hmmm... A well-rounded piece of armor, though nothing particular spectacular. Same for the second, though obviously of a lower quality." He turned next to the consumables, and tapped their icons one at a time as well. One materialized as a piece of cheese. The other as a simple blue potion. "Now these might be of some decent use." He slid everything back over to their owner and gave the player a nod. "I hope it all serves you well, and take care."

Items:

Spoiler
Item Name: Rebound Leather
ID: 91326 | 91327 | 91328
Roll: LD:6 | LD:14 | LD:1
Type: Light Armor
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Recovery | Evasion | Regen
Description: A simple leather cuirass with an iron shield over the heart. Straps run the length of the sides, securing the armor firmly in place.

Item Name: New Life
ID: 91329 | 91330
Roll: LD:12 | LD:1
Enhancements: Evasion | Regen
Description: A simple leather cuirass with an iron shield over the heart. Rows of studs and rivets decorate each shoulder.

Item Name: Sharp Eye Cheddar
ID: 91332
Roll: LD:5
Type: Food
Enhancements: Loot Die 2
Description: A wedge of yellow cheese that sharpens the senses when consumed.

Item Name: Toughness Potion
ID: 91333
Roll: LD:10
Enhancements: Mitigation 2
Description: A tincture with a dark blue hue. When consumed, it toughens the skin and hardens the imbiber's defenses.

Edited by Shield

Simba glanced down toward the items the Blacksmith had provided him and nodded. He took the wedge of cheese and the blue potion and lightly pressured them, causing them to materialize into his inventory. He lifted «New Life» into the air, inspecting the armor, but it was not the one he wanted to equip, so he also materialized the item into his inventory. Lifting the final armor piece and his eyes glimmer when his eyes met with the «Rebound Leather».

"Now I can use this. Thank you for the help. I will be coming back soon when I am able to find more items for you to identify." The snow white haired boy smiled at him, before taking a few steps back and tapped onto the light armor, equipping it almost instantly. He jumped up and down, testing the weight of his armor and smiled. 'This will work.. I need this..' He took a few steps closer toward the door, opening it. The bell chimed, as he left.

+1 New Life
+1 Rebound Leather
+1 Sharp Eye Cheddar
+1 Toughness Potion

- 2,050 Col

@Shield

It was about time for Shield to head out on another excursion up on the front lines. There had been some hunches he had hoped to explore, both on the floor and with his build. Since acquiring the mods of the Parry skill, the options to farm had become more feasible, especially with smaller groups of mobs. He searched through his stock until he found the container that held the golden chest keys.

He left an appropriate amount from his own personal stash of Col, placing them in his shop's balance to keep his records straight. He then pulled out three glittering items, marveling at how something so basic to the idea of RPGs and dungeon exploration could become an actual commodity. Most players didn't seem to know much about them, but once they did, Shield expected to see a lot more of them coming through asking for them.

"Perfect."

[-3000 Col]

+3 Golden Key2

Edited by Shield

Shield had not had the best run of luck with items. There had been a few lucky hits along the way - a sword here, a pair of gauntlets there - but he had never really identified an item that made a name for himself. In later months, the item drops in Aincrad seemed to have dried up somewhat, and despite investing some of his more recently gained skill points to remedy this, it was still slow going.

Finally, he sat in his shop with a pile of loot, hoping that he might be able to break his streak of mediocre luck. First up were the pieces gotten from his solo forray into the twenty first floor. The armor, though well suited for one who was not a tank and wished to act as one, was nothing to write home about. The weapon as well left plenty to be desired, though it might serve as a backup if he needed to set aside his shield.

Next, he tried the light armor from the last quest to find dragons and their gems, but this as well as the consumables turned up all mundane enhancements. He had found unique enhancements plenty of times before, but very few had been on level-appropriate items. He sighed and put away his jeweler's loupe. He would just have to keep trying.

Item Name: Zen Blade
ID: 91807 | 91808
Roll: LD:1 | LD:5
Tier: 3
Type: OHSS
Enhancements: Taunt | Accuracy
Description: A simple, straight-bladed tai chi sword with a shield crest at the top of the hilt and a long sash extending from the pommel to draw an opponent's focus. 

Item Name: Instant Tank
ID: 91809 | 91810 | 91811
Roll: LD:4 | LD:14 | LD:11
Tier: 3
Type: Heavy Armor
Enhancements: Regen | Damage Mitigation | Thorns
Description: A simple steel cuirass with spines on the shoulders and a shield welded over the left breastplate. This armor is designed so that even non-tank characters can throw it on and enjoy a little of both the offensive and defensive abilities of a tank.

Item Name: Energizer Leather
ID: 91819 | 91820 | 91825
Roll: LD:4 | LD:4 | LD:15
Enhancements: Recovery 2 | Evasion 1
Description: A light leather cuirass with a shield emblem embossed on the left breast and lightning bolt detailing around the seams. Makes its wearer quick and can recharge their energy stores.

Item Name: Spot On Tea
ID: 91822
Roll: LD:13
Type: Food
Enhancements: Accuracy 2
Description: A bottle capped by a wax-sealed with a shield insignia stamped into it. When opened, will still be piping hot and will provide the drinker with sharper accuracy.

Item Name: Antidote Potion
ID: 91824
Roll: LD:3
Enhancements: Antidote
Description: A bright green tincture in a bottle capped by a wax-sealed with a shield insignia stamped into it. When consumed, it will cancel the next 2 rounds of Paralysis, Bleed, or Poison effects.

Edited by Shield

While strolling through the 5th floor looking for some materials and maybe someone to party up with. Kimi found a building not to far from where she was. Out of curiosity she went to check it out. Maybe this was a place for people to rest, and right now she could use some. As she made her way up to the building she spotted a sign "Everyday Miracles". "Theres a store all the way up here" Kimi thought as she neared closer to the building. The one thing that was a miracle as how a store way up here managed to make it so far away from big settlements. Anyways she went in to have a look.

"Hello?" She said as Kimi entered, upon entering something caught her eyes. It was a set of tools that we're in display "i can use these" she thought. As she began making her way to the counter. A small sign on the side of the counter said "we also do appraisals". Kimi then took out her Rare Unidentified T1 weapon (Gloves) and placed them on the counter along side some Custom Ambition Tool. "Can i get these checked out?" She asked the store owner.

Shield looked over the new player, nodding at the request and accepting the weapon over the counter. He fished out his jeweler's loupe and looked the item over, tapping the magnifying glass icon to begin his appraisal. After a moment, he set aside his lens and returned the item to the player.

"Two slots of Paralyze, which is pretty decent for a random drop," he said, his dark brown eyes distant, but engaging. "And you requested a tool for your own work."

He initiated an item transfer, sending over the item in exchange for the listed costs. His fingers ran sidelong through his locks to get them out of his eyes before addressing his customer. "Let me know if you need anything else," he said with one final nod. "I'm always open and always looking for unique things to identify."

He gestured towards a case of items, each of which had unique attributes listed on the item cards behind the glass that contained them. They had been the spoils of countless appraisals among what seemed to be junk. "You never know what you'll find."

@Kimi

Spoiler

Wraps of Judgment

91860 BD: 1 CD: 6 LD: 10 - Paralyze
91861 BD: 6 CD: 9 LD: 10 - Paralyze

Edited by Shield

Rolling identification

91902 BD: 9 CD: 1 LD: 9 - Thorns
91903 BD: 10 CD: 8 LD: 11 - Thorns
91904 BD: 5 CD: 8 LD: 19 - Damage Mitigation
91905 BD: 5 CD: 5 LD: 12 - Vitality
91906 BD: 9 CD: 10 LD: 3 - Antidote
Edited by Shield

As Kimi was traveling around looking for someone to identify some of her things she remembered she came by a nice store on the 5th floor which did exactly that. She then began making her way back to the store that was mysteriously placed on a plateau. "Hello?" Kimi said as she entered this mansion of a store once again. She walked up to the counter which had a sign that offered to identify her things for a fee of course. "Could you please identify this for me?" As she slide a Perfect T1 Heavy armor on the counter. As she glanced around she noticed some golden keys in a nearby display with a label "1100 Col Each" "could i get 1 of these also please?" She said as she placed 2050 Col onto the table.

@Shield

Edited by Kimi

Shield raised his hand in greeting as Kimi came in. "You're starting to become a regular. If I were making more money off of my services, I'd start offering you discounts, but unfortunately, business is slow with some of the updates that have come to the merchant profession." Shield accepted the Col transfer and handed over a golden key. "About time someone started making use of these. I know for a fact player are opening chests. That can be dangerous business."

He then turned his attention to the armor, laying it out on the counter and tapping the magnifying glass icon. As the circular indicator chased its tail, Shield studied the details that presented themselves. "It's actually a very good defensive item. Two ranks of straight damage mitigation and one of thorns. If something is punishing you, this will defend you pretty well while punishing them right back." He handed over the armor once again and gave an appreciative nod. "There you are. Safe travels. You know where we are, so come back whenever you like."

Sending 1800 Col to Banker

Spoiler
Item Name: Serrated Scale
ID: 92014 | 92016 | 92017
Roll: LD:10 | LD:16 | LD:19
Type: Heavy Armor
Enhancements: Thorns | Damage Mitigation 2
Description: A set of scale mail with a shield shaped iron crest over the left breast and with jagged edges lining each scale, the points of which are dangerous to anyone attempting to strike the wearer.

Edited by Shield