[R5 Appraiser - Closed For Renovations] - Everyday Miracles - SELLING UNIQUES

Neo wasn't terribly impressed with what hse ended up with, but it was something to still have. She grabbed the first weapon that Shield had identified and then sent him a message letting him know to junk sell the other item. There was no use for it. At least she might get some niche use out of the paralyzing rapier. Once she had received the Col for her sales, Neo would thank Shield for his service and open her parasol behind her shoulder as she leaves the shop.

Perhaps she would be able to find the weapon she wanted some day. Or perhaps she would have to be content with moving along without it, she might be able to find that she could complete her objectives without it.

Spoiler

Junk selling Junk: 625 Col to Shield, 625 Col to Neopolitan

Claiming Pressure point

((I'll get that sent here))

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hirru didn't even know that this place even existed.  Sure, Shield was another merchant, like himself, but the man had turned his business into an enterprise, or so it would seem.  The entire building was worth more than his entire cart five times over.  In terms of Merchants, he was already at the top.  Entering the lavish estate, the hunter would behold the splendors that Shield had accumulated over his seasoned ventures.  In the many amounts of quests that they had been on, he figured that it would all come to this.

Searching around, the hunter found some particular weapons and armor.  Though the price tag was something to cringe at, it was all for the better.  He needed to change himself.  Going over to the counter, Hirru would wave to his friend.

"Hey, Shield!  Got a minute?  I need to make quite a few changes to myself.   I wanna grab some of those unique spears from ya, and a full mitigation armor."

Purchasing:

Spoiler

Item Name:    Bulwark
ID:    102962 | 102963 | 102964
Roll:    LD:15 | LD:19 | LD:20
Tier:    3
Type:    Heavy Armor
Quality:    Perfect
Enhancements:    Damage Mitigation III
Description:    A suit of dark steel metal plates which are thick and sturdy. On the left breast plate is an engraving of a shield.

Cost: 1500 Col

Item Name:    Shelob's Fangs
Type:    Two- Handed Assault Spear
Enhancements:    Accuracy I, Paralyze I, Envenom (Offensive) I
Cost: 10,000 Col

Spoiler

ID:    102916 | 102917 | 102918
Roll:    LD:3 | LD:7 | BD: 10, CD: 13, LD: 3 Envenom (Offensive) I
Description:    A long spear with twin curved tips to mimic the fangs of a deadly spider. Just below the head is an engraving of a shield.

Total: 21500 Col

Edited by Hirru

Shield waved farewell to Neo. He did not expect further business, and for a while, he was right. What he especially did not expect to see was his fellow merchant and occasional traveling companion, Hirru. "Now this is a visit that I had not anticipated."  He gave a half smile and a tip of his head to the hunter, looking over the equipment he had selected. "Very well. I'm glad to see some of my rare finds finally getting some use." He looked over the Col that Hirru had sent before sliding the items back across the counter. "There you are. I appreciate your visit. I was beginning to think other merchants were boycotting me." He gave the hunter one last little smirk and a thump on the shoulder. "Take care, friend." He returned to his work, now rearranging his display case of rare finds.

It feels like the others are really starting to come together around the front lines. It's small things, but every once in a while, someone makes a big gesture like this. It's a relief.

[Returning overspent funds: 10,000 Col > Hirru]

Edited by Shield

Stepping into the shop once more, Neo found herself in need of some items to help her with some farming of the things that she wanted. She had been on the hunt for more unidentified weapons and though she had one or two on hand at the moment, she wanted to give a whole bunch at once to shield so she could also hand him the buff for it. There was the chance though that he might let her squeeze in one or two of her own weapons into his identifications if he used the buff himself. Messaging him with her order and possible request once he was available, Neo waited for a response to make sure she could get what she needed. IOt was probably a higher quantity than necessary, but would still be useful to have on hand for other times.

TO: Shield

I would like to buy 10 golden keys. And I was also wondering if you would let me know if you're using one of those crafting bonus consumables and not quite filling out the whole duration with identifications. Would love to sneak a couple of my own weapons in if that's fine with you. If not, that's fine, just thought I'd ask as any chances of increasing the odds of getting what I need would be nice.

@Shield

Spoiler

Ordering 10x Golden keys: 11,000 col (col sent)

• 2 weeks later...

Alec walked up to the Merchants shop. It had been quiet a journey to get here but he had heard some very good things about this Merchant and he hoped that they were right. Alec stepped up to the door and placed his large hand on handle and opened the door. As he ducked to enter the shops entrance his large shoulders filling the doorway he called out in a deep booming voice “Hello? Is any one here?” Alec stepped into the Merchant shops interior and looked around. “I have some items I would like identified if you have the time.” he announced as he approached the counter. Alec opened his inventory and selected the desired items he then laid down 4 Trinkets (Tier 1 - Rare) and 1 Consumable (Tier 1 - Perfect). “If you could assist me I’d be very appreciative.” Alec said in his deep baritone voice.

Spoiler

ID:          112988a
Tier:       Tier 1
Type:     Consumable (Potion)
Quality: Perfect

ID:          112988b
Type:     Trinket
Quality: Rare

ID:          113094
Quality:  Rare

ID:          113171
Quality: Rare

ID:          113183
Quality:  Rare

Edited by Takalo

Entering the shop that is home towards Aincrad's basically one and only merchant he enters and looks around the shop before taking the dark steel plated armor looking around it. Nodding his head at the base design that would be doable for himself as he points towards it and then looks towards the shopkeep within the shop. I'll be taking this since it is perfect for what i'll need. here is the col that you have asked for, and hope you have a good day sir. Also, i know you're on the frontlines. If you need a katana user i'll be available. I'm level 43 currently sir, but before you will know it i'll be tier three. He says blatantly towards the tank and waits for any response and than makes his way out of the shop and giving him the col while doing so.

Spoiler

Item Name:    Bulwark
ID:    102962 | 102963 | 102964
Roll:    LD:15 | LD:19 | LD:20
Type:    Heavy Armor
Enhancements:    Damage Mitigation III
Description:    A suit of dark steel metal plates which are thick and sturdy. On the left breast plate is an engraving of a shield.

Cost: 1500 Col

Krysta had begun hearing some rumors about a player missing in action. Most of the descriptions were empty, but one missing player rumor reminded her of someone she knew: one of her friends from the real world, Kimberly. Whether this was her friend or not, Krysta couldn't just leave this player to be missing in action, she had to do something! ...But what could she do? She asked an ally of her boyfriend for some information regarding that missing player rumor, and left to see if she could find a place that might prepare her for the long journey ahead. Upon hearing of one particular merchant shop, she chose to go there and see what they had.

She looked throughout their stock, and found quite a few items she'd be needing. She brought them all up to the counter for purchase. "Hello, I'd like to purchase these items here. I've been needing to prepare for a journey that might take a while..."

Purchases:

Spoiler

Field Rations[T1](330)
Teleport Crystal x3(2640)
Tent(440)
Water Canister(440)

Total: 3850(Sent to @Shield)

Akudo sent Vigilon a message, one that confirmed the possibility of several rumors of various missing players, one of them spurring Vigilon into an "I've gotta search everywhere!" mood. Maybe he and Krysta could search for missing players together...since Krysta was also hearing rumors of a missing player who could be a friend of hers. There was likely to be a long journey, and maybe what looked like a wild goose chase. "I'm gonna need some supplies if I'm going to follow through with this..." He then remembered Shield's shop. "Of course! there's more that I can get there besides identifications!"

Once he arrived, he looked around for things he might need. Upon finding the items he decided he could use for the trip, he brought them up to the counter to purchase them. "Hey, I'm about to go on what some players might call a wild goose chase, so I'm gonna need these supplies here."

Purchases:

Spoiler

Field Rations[T2](660)
Teleport Crystal x3(2640)
Tent(440)
Water Canister(440)

Total: 4180(sent to @Shield)

• 2 weeks later...

[OOC]

Spoiler

Official Notice: The shop is closing indefinitely for Identifications and sale of specific items. I apologize to any players who have already paid money for incomplete orders. Feel free to contact PST's to edit Col counts accordingly, but I am retiring from the site indefinitely. I will continue to sell my basic merchant stock at a 10% mark-up from base price. If you wish to make such orders, simply make a post, send the banker's cost to the banker and send the added 10% to my account. Thank you all for playing with me and making the last year and a half interesting.

[See you, space cowboy]

• 1 year later...

With a sigh, Shield turned his 'Closed' sign to 'Open.' This was the first time in years. He turned the lock and set about preparing the displays. Years worth of dust covered the cases, and in particular the case with the various unique items needed sprucing up. It was, after all, the centerpiece of his establishment. He broke out a few rags and began to wipe and dust and scrub until every pane of glass caught and refracted the light as it shone through the front window. Finally, he switched on the light illuminating the massive fish tank that took up practically an entire side to his store. Inside, a grumpy looking snapping turtle glowered through the green water.

"Yeesh... Sorry, Norbert. Looks like I have some tank maintenance to do."

He set a reminder for that for later and went back to his stock room, pulling out several keys and threading them onto the heavy iron ring that he kept on his belt.

"Time to hunt some treasure. And eggs, apparently."

Buying Keys from Merchant Stock

-20,000 Col

Edited by Shield
  • 2 weeks later...

At the foot of the cliff, the young girl stood. It was a beautiful castle in the mountains. She would need to do a bit of climbing to get there, so she made haste. Yuki made her way up to the castle and found out that it was actually a bunch of different houses. Interesting choice of home compared to hers but it was quiet and serene. When she finally found the correct building that Shield's shop was, she opened the door and walked in.

"Oi! Shield-kun! This is a cute little shop you have. Way out of the way though I would say." She said walking up to the counter. "Hey, I just need set of Tier 1 materials. I have some cooking orders to fill and need them pronto. If you need anything for your stock from me, you know to visit me up on Floor 22."

Spoiler

Yuki is purchasing 30 Tier 1 materials
300*30=9000 col to Shield

Shield glanced up from the fish tank which he was busy cleaning. He was standing on a ladder to reach to the top of the over-sized tank. Pond scum covered his forearms and was smeared in places. He wore a white rag that was just as green with the stuff as his arms were. "Ah, hello, Yuki!" Shield said, climbing down off of the ladder and picking up a spare rag to wipe off his hands.

Once those at least were somewhat clean, he raised a hand in proper greeting, one of which was missing a finger. Shield glanced at his hand and then back at Yuki. "Ignore that. It will grow back. And since I have helped train your first familiar, it's only fair you meet mine now." He gestured through the glass of the tank, pointing to a rock which, upon closer inspection, was not a rock at all, but a great alligator snapping turtle. "This is Norbert. Apparently he was hungry." He pointed to his not-finger. "Or angry. I'm not sure there's a difference for him." The grouchy look on the dark-colored, pointed face was profound.

"I'll grab those items for you right away." Shield jobbed to the back of his store, emerging a minute later with a cleaner face and a small pile of crafting materials. "Good luck with your crafts. Take care!"

[Selling @Zajcica 30 T1 Mats]

Edited by Shield

Titan found out that Shield had been a Merchant and could analyze some of the weapons that were so graciously given to him by Alex, a debt he would soon repay back to the man. Entering the shop, he had 3 Tier 1 Perfect Weapons he wanted identified if the man didn't mind and he also had the col to do so. " Hey, I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind evaluating these for me? I have the Col. Figured it might help be fight better at least until I rank up to the next tier. " The man brought out all 3 weapons and the col.

TITAN provides 600 COL to SHIELD and 1,920 COL to the BANKER.
@Shield

Weapon ID: 

Spoiler

ID:          118110a
Type:     Weapon

ID:          118110b
Quality: Perfect

ID:          118391a 
Quality:  Perfect

Edited by Titan

Shield raised his hand in greeting, ushering Titan into the shop. "I wasn't expecting to see you so soon after our little fishing trip." He stepped behind the counter of his shop and rested his palms on the surface, watching as the aspiring tank laid out a small array of short spears. He gave a nod, accepting the Col transfer and and taking down Hermes' Scales from his shelf. He set the first spear on it and tapped the side, summoning a menu and selecting the 'Identify' button. "Hmm.... Soul Piercer... One slot of Taunt, two slots of Bleed. In the right situation, this could be very handy when fighting in a group." He took it off the scale, handing it back to Titan before taking the next and setting it on the scale. "Terror's Reach," he said, looking over the statistics. "Looks like this one has Keen, Damage, and Paralyze. An odd assortment, but if you're fighting something hard to hit, this one might be your best friend."

He handed the second spear back and picked up the third, placing it on the scale head. Immediately, the scale tipped. Shield paused, watching to make sure he hadn't done anything to interfere, but when the scale settled out, it was sitting unevenly, with the spear weighing down the side it sat on. "Well well," Shield said, a little surprise present in his voice. "It looks like we may have struck gold on this one." He tapped the button to identify. "...Masamune.... Absolute Accuracy and two slots of Keen. Named for the greatest smith of Japanese style swords..." He marveled for a moment. "Titan, this may only be tier one, but this is an exceptional weapon. I... can't in any honesty say that this will be a good choice for your build, but there are many players who would pay handsomely for this weapon."

Shield set it down on the counter between them, looking Titan squarely in the eye. "I will tell you, that I am one of them. I know that you probably haven't had much experience with unique enhancements, but I would be willing to set a starting offer at fifty thousand Col for this weapon." There was no flinch in his gaze, and there was no hint of a joke in his offer. From his stance and his tone, he was ready to go to bat for this item.

@Titan

Spoiler

Identifying Items

Item Name: Masamune
Profession: Merchant
ID: 142031 | 142032 | 142033
Roll: BD:10, CD:10, LD:17 | LD:3 | LD:3
Type: 1 Handed Assault Spear
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Keen
Description: A weapon that instills with tranquility, its design sleek and simple. Thought it does not grab the eye in any way, its edge is honed so that a warrior may cut with purpose and discernment rather than indiscriminately and destructively.
Post Link: [Drop] [Identify]

[Exchange discussed OOC. Paying 50,000 Col and applying Heart Sticker to turn 1HAS into Katana (Wakizashi)]

New Stats:

Item Name: Masamune
Profession: Merchant
ID: 142031 | 142032 | 142033
Roll: BD:10, CD:10, LD:17 | LD:3 | LD:3
Type: Katana
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Keen
Description: A wakizashi that instills with tranquility, its design sleek and simple. Thought it does not grab the eye in any way, its edge is honed so that a warrior may cut with purpose and discernment rather than indiscriminately and destructively.
Post Link: [Drop] [Identify]

Item Name: Terror's Reach
ID: 142034 | 142036 | 142037
Roll: LD:3 | LD:16 | LD:9
Type: 1 Handed Assault Spear
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Keen | Damage | Paralyze
Description: A menacing one-handed assault spear that the arrow tip seems to be coated in both a green and red powder with bird's feathers sporadically decorating the wooden handle. The cap at the foot end of the handle has a shield etched into the very bottom.

Item Name: Soulpiercer
ID: 142039 | 142040 | 142041
Roll: LD:13 | LD:2 | LD:12
Type: 1 Handed Assault Spear
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Bleed | Taunt | Bleed
Description: With decorative eyes embedded onto the spear, it seems like it's able to peer into the soul of it's enemies to taunt it. Otherwise the weapon is crafted using all black metals and wood. The cap at the foot end of the handle has a shield etched into the very bottom.

Edited by Shield

Titan couldn’t help but offer his friend? Acquaintance? He wasn’t sure what exactly to call Shield but nevertheless flashed a wide smile over to the man with a quick nod. “ Yeah, I met this man named Alec who wanted to see me succeed as a tank, gave me these weapons for now to hang onto. Heard you were the best at this. ” He remained quiet as the man began to identify the weapons, each one of them still seemed to be quite a bit stronger than his own rare weapon that simply had damage and accuracy on it. His eyes already looked over to Terror’s Reach, figuring it might be a good weapon to use while leveling on his own. Both were quite the find and could do him quite well in the battlefield while he continued to grind his levels up to the second tier.

It wasn’t until the other held onto the third weapon that seemed to be quite strong in the way that the other’s eyes widened at finding out what it had been capable of. “ It’s that strong, huh? And for a one-handed spear too. ” He was incredibly excepted until he was given the understanding that for his own build, it wasn’t that ideal. “ No, I get it. After what we discussed, I’m not looking for a weapon quite like this for tanking. ” But to hear that Shield was interested and wanted to offer such a large sum of money, it would set the man up for quite some time for any other pieces of gear he may had wanted. “ I, uhh, don’t know what to say. ” A little gobsmacked as he exhaled, a businessman by heart but knowing the goal was to work collectively.

“ I’ll accept your offer on one condition, we’re going to be friends, Shield. Armor and weapons don’t mean anything if you don’t have other players and people helping you out when things get rough. I don’t have a desire for this weapon when it’d help so many others but I do want to know that I have someone looking out after me as I climb and likewise, if I ever get beneficial information or what have you as I climb, you’ll be the first person I come to. ” He knew it’d be a worth it deal, Shield seemed worth way more this weapon as a friend.

“ What do you say? ” He extended his free hand for a handshake, wanting to secure the deal like gentlemen did.

The offer was not what the weapon was worth. Shield had expected more negotiation. However, what came back across the proverbial negotiation table told him plenty about how Titan arranged his priorities. If money wasn't his motivation, then the whole point of offering Col was rather moot. Still, offering any less would be criminal. Shield even felt guilty that he was going to walk away with such a rare weapon for so little.

Shield's mouth turned downward out one side of his mouth as he thought over the conditional acceptance. It was not the kind of thing one would expect to hear in a business dealing. However, Shield felt like he understood. "Well, that is a difficult thing," Shield said, trying to decide how exactly to respond. "Friendship is something that develops naturally over time." He reached up and rubbed the back of his neck. "However, if what you are looking for is guidance and someone who will help you get where you're going, I think you already know that I will accept that offer. If friendship develops through that time and those experience, then who am I to refuse?"

"I do, however, need to add an addendum to my offer. If what you seek is immaterial, then I must request something of you that is equally intangible. Your silence. This weapon is important to me because I believe it to be a part of a set, the brother belonging to a close friend." The tone that he spoke in had taken on a hushed quality, though likely they were the only players anywhere for miles. "If he is to be presented with this, it will be on a momentous occasion, and I would have it be a surprise. Do you accept this addition?" He held out a hand expectantly, his dark eyes on Titan.

Titan couldn’t help but laugh at the other’s decision to caveat the word friendship, Shield was right in the sense that it wasn’t something that could be faked. “ That’s a deal to me, then. ” What he hadn’t been expecting was another addendum to the deal. “ Not a problem, I don’t know too many people but this weapon will be something that I won’t speak of again. ” Following Shield’s pursuit to a hushed tone, the other’s word to be a mentor of sorts meant more than enough to Titan.

The man accepted the col and with a nod, opened up his inventory and placed his two new weapons inside of it. “ Thanks again, Shield. And congratulations to your friend, I hope this weapon becomes a way for us all to clear the game. That’s the goal, right? Maybe if we all work together to find and search for the best weapon for each of our specs, the next time we face a boss will be that much easier. ” That being said, Titan had no idea the strength and might of a boss, his level and gear still barely scratched being out of the Town of Beginnings.

“ I’m sure I’ll see you soon, Shield. I’m sure the quests provide many weapons and items that need identifying. Until then. ” Titan offered a two finger salute and headed out the door.

Custom Ambition Tool    
880 Col Item Type: Tool
Effect: Gain +1 bonus crafting EXP for each crafting attempt.

Hinata walked into the store to buy some stuff. Of the entire plan, it was the only part she wasn't sure about. Now that she had beome and alchemist and had gone into action, and perhaps others stood still, waiting to act. The woman paid little attention and, after an affirmative sign to the two men, left on her side as the two men resumed their position. The woman, with a kind look and an almost cruel smile, therefore resumed her journey. She got into the shop, bought the custom ambition tool, and went on her way. She hoped this would be worth the price.