F1-PP. Quest: Earning a Living

The boar shrieked as Stryder and Eatos joined the battle. The one-handed sword user landed a hit gashing the creature deep and nearly wiping it out in a hit. "Ooh." Mist's eyes lit up as the battle unfolded and she quickly forgot the HP that had been taken from her. "Thanks for the help." She said smiling and staggering back up on her feet. Unfortunately, due to her lack of energy, she couldn't perform any actual sword arts so rather raised her two-handed spear above her head as though it were a Warhammer and brought it crashing down. The momentum and weight behind the instrument itself were enough to cut the boar nearly clean in half. Letting out one final scream it gore-rushed Stryder frantically, ramming its two tusks into both of his legs and piercing through them. It looked painful but thankfully he didn't lose even half health. Then the boar shattered into millions of crystal fragments. "Wow so pretty." Mist mumbled watching as the crystals dispersed into the wind.

ID 79124:

Battle: 10 (crit +2)

Basic attack used: (4+2) x 1 = 6 Damage

MOB: 10 (crit +2)

Basic attack used: (5+2) = 7 Damage to Stryder

[H:2] Mist - 15/20 Health | 0/2 Energy | 4 Damage [+1/-1En]

[H:2] Styder - 13/20 Health | 0/2 Energy | 2 Damage

[H:0] Eatos - 20/20 Health | 0/2 Energy | 1 Damage

Boar 0/5 | 5 Damage

@Stryder

Edited by Mist
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sky was glad that Mist was okay, though when the boar started running towards him, he watched as Mist nearly severed it in two. He had done a lot of damage, but that was plain impressive without a bladed part of the weapon, just a clean swing!!! Though due to his arrogance watching her, he missed the boar having actually survived!!! Suddenly, he saw his health bar go down, shuddering in pain as he saw both his legs get run through by tusks, before thankfully disappearing into a thousand pieces. He was glad, that bloody boar was evil!!!

"To see it go? Yeah its beautiful, still a pain in the ass though" He said, sighing as he fell down, calming out of that fighting mode. He was glad no one got seriously hurt, and that it was only a low level boar. Still hurt like hell though!!! He had lost over a quarter of his health!!! The first time he had fought, and he had survived. That made him believe he could survive this death game!

"Glad to see your okay Mist, you to Eatos" He said, before laughing about what had just happened. He was glad! It was only a boar, but still, he had fun doing that, except for getting run through, it was fun to see how... well, this game worked. He was glad he got the chance... though also scared. 

While she was frustrated that she'd failed to be useful in the fight , that feeling was pushed aside in seeing that no one was hurt! Well, Mist had been, and Stryder also, but nothing too sever. Even with her being useless, Mist and Stryder had both successfully hit the boat, and that had proved enough to slay the beast.  With the boar dead, it exploded into shiney crystals! Her fear s vanished, and much like Mist, she admitted it was amazing beautiful. She watched them splinter away, and smiled.

"Me?" she asked Stryder. Why was he worried about her, she hadn't been hurt at all. She'd been lucky in that regard, the boar had looked at her, but that was about it. "I'm fine, i'm more worried about the pair of you, both of you got hurt...A-and, well, the town is back that way..." Eatos pointed over her shoulder, back the way they'd come "It's a few minutes that way..." She felt partly guilty, they got involved in that fight because she hadn't been paying attention. She wouldn't let that happened again. "So, are we good to get, going...?"

Mist nodded, Eatos appeared to know the direction back to town if they had kept following her path they could have ended up anywhere. "Let's get going! Thanks for the help." She still felt overly excited from that fight. It had been her first one, Mist bowed her head to both Stryder and Eatos. Without them there she might not be stood here right now, "I wonder how he is doing." She pondered briefly looking up to the sky and then with her basic spear strapped over her back they begun to head back towards the settlements. It must have been a few minutes walking before they emerged out the forest of the first floor. In front of them sprawled grassy plains and fields with various NPCs going about there work, some other players fighting boars and then at the heart of it all lay the 'The Town of Beginnings' It truly looked marvellous, a gemstone to the whole of Aincrad. Giving a quick twirl she spun around and then followed behind Eatos. Out of the three of them Eatos seemed to be the most mature but just as friendly and kind-hearted than most people Mist had previously encountered. 

Sky didn't say much after he finished laughing, opting to just follow Eatos back down the road. As they exited the forest, which was only a short times walk, he looked out upon the town which this whole messed started. The Town of Beginnings, it was beautiful, NPC's working, players fighting... It was just a marvel that the game was able to actually make something this... nice!! 

He liked his companions, both of them were kind, and the kind of people he would like to see again sometime!! Then he remembered something from other games. He opens his menu, scrolling through until he found.... 

"Would you two be against me adding you as friends?" He asked, sending them both a request. He liked these two, and he wanted to live in this game. He wanted to survive, He wanted to go home. And the easiest way to start, was gathering friends and allies who could help him survive. 

As she lead them back, determined NOT to get them into another fight, Eatos wondered about blacksmithing. She could guess that she'd be fine with earning money, that wasn't her worry and was certain that, once she earned enough Col, she'd be able to purchase a shop with a forge and everything would be perfect! While she did achknowledge that such a future was, out of reach currently, it was her target. She already knew she'd never be able to clear the game, no, she already resigned herself to a support role. However, it was something she had no objection to, after all, it was in her nature. Money and supporting, what's more to love in this world?

She also began to think about how she'd be able to craft, would a menu appear? Would it just be luck, or, perhaps something else entirely? She wasnt' sure, and that unknowning feeling both excited her, and worried her. She'd prefer to know what she'd be making, always to be safe, but, what was the harm in an adventure when you don't get hurt eh?

Eventually, she successfully lead them back to the town, where now, it was down to her to finish it all. To contrast a blade! She paused for a moment, before realizing, that while it would be nice of her to make a blade for those who helped her, it wasn't worthwhile since the blade would be Iron. But instead, she'd make a Rapier, much like the one she has currently, and keep it forever. Her first stepping stone, in helping her set up a new life in this new world.

"Adding, as friends...?" She asked, almost echoing Stryders' question. While she did suspect the game had a friends system, she hadn't actually found it, nor really used it. But, well, it offered her much. Not only friends, but, people she could protect with her wares. She nodded her head "I'd be fine with it, with everyone trapped in this game, I think it's for the best if everyone help out..."

Mist's ears perked up as Stryder asked to add them both of friends. She quickly laughed and accepted the invite, now Stryder was one of the first. "Hey Eatos we should be friends as well." Mist opened up an interface sending the girl a quick friend invite. Now they were back Eatos could finally get onto her work, Mist had done her duty and couldn't wait to see the outcome, however it seemed hard for beginners to master a first craft. "Hey I am going to head out now, I am glad I could help." She told the two players, continuing to smile. Mist knew that Eatos would be able to do it and if she happened to fail on the first one then she would have another few attempts at completing it. At the end of the day the quality only had to be good. As Mist walked back into the centre of the Town of Beginnings she sat on a bench and let out a yawn. "I think I have finally decided what I want to become." She thought to herself. Glancing at a nearby flower she plucked it, a virtual trail of crystals following in its wake. "Im going to become an alchemist!" Then I can trade with Eatos and possibly Stryder if he ever becomes anything.

-Mist Leaves Thread-

Sky couldn't help but smile as he watched the two accept the requests. He opened up the menu, going to friends and seeing them, right there. Eatos, and Mist. His first two friends, and he had a feeling they were going to be the best friends he would make in this new world that he was stuck in. He watched as Mist walked off, Sky shouting out a fair well as she left. He hoped that they would meet again soon, he didn't want this to be like other times he had made friends and lost them.... he wanted to keep these friends. 

He turned to Eatos, looking at her before thinking. What was the last... oh right!

"She was nice, anyway do you know where a forge is? I kinda want to see how this works" He said, smiling at the blue haired girl. He started thinking about what he wanted to be, and right now, the idea of a performer sounded nice. He had seen something about them being able to heal people and have negative effects on mobs. Or maybe a merchant.... He didn't know yet, but right now he wanted to see blacksmithing!

Eatos accepted both requests happily. Stryder, despite being, odd, hadn't been as doomy-gloomy as she had expected, and Mist, well, the thought of the girl put her in a good mood. She had to admit, she was a tad bit upset that Mist was leaving, but she knew the reality was that Mist had done more than her fair share and deserved to do what she wanted. She thanked the girl for everything, and watched as she strutted off. Eatos still felt that the girls weapon was too large for her. But, even as Mist walked out of sight, the girl wouldn't leave. In this deathgame, Eatos knew a simple fact. Everyone she knew would be valuable, precious, not only from a business perspective, but for her own sanity. After all, having someone to talk to was helpful, even if it was just a pet that stared at you before demanding food.

Eatos pointed at the forge, it sat right next to where they'd started to quest. She walked over to it, and withdrew the first bar. Placing it into the forge, and withdrawing a bar, placing it onto an anvil, and equipping the hammer. She knew what she wanted to make, a Rapier. Much like her own, she doubted what she'd make would be any stronger, however, it was s tart. A start, that's all she needed! A start to grant herself new life in this twisted world! With that in mind, she brought the hammer down again and again, until the blade formed before her.

She looked at the blade that sat on the anvil. It was a Rapier, practically identical to her own and had the same stats. She picked up the blade, and grinned. This was it, the first step. From now on, she was a Blacksmith. She would create weapons, armour, whatever was needed. She couldn't fight for freedom, but if she could protect those brave enough too while establishing herself a new life...It was enough.

She looked over at Stryder as she placed her new weapon into her inventory, and smiled at him "I guess I did it...I'm a blacksmith now"

ID# 80092

Craft: 8 (Good, no enhancements)

Sky was glad as he watched the two friends on his list. His first real way to survive in this deathgame. Everyone he met would be vital to him surviving this whole ordeal. He smiled as he and Eatos walked towards the place this whole quest started, and watched as she went to the forge. He couldn't help but marvel at it!! Her smashing it with a hammer, the metal shaping and forming into something different! The metal shifted, going from a block to a thin bladed sword, a rapier! He was proud, she had made her first blade. It was just an simple iron rapier, but she had taken the first step, and now, he wanted to as well!

"That you are, good job Eatos!" He said, walking over and putting a hand on her shoulder. Like everything, it felt so real, even though it was just ones and zeros. 

"Iv got a feeling that you will save lives, hopefully mine at sometime" He said, attempting to crack a joke, before feeling slightly awkward... He chuckled, putting his hand on his head as he looked at her.

"Anyway, i should get running, not going to get anywhere standing around. Good luck being a blacksmith, if i need somethin i know where im coming!" He said, giving a thumbs up in confidence as he turned and walked away, giving her a smile before going around the side of the buildings out of site.

He knew he would survive, and he knew she would help. He would make it out of this hell, no matter what it took. He was not going to die, he was sure of it now! He was sure that he would survive, and was going to make sure that he saved anyone he could, and with the help of his blacksmithing friend, he might actually be able to help. 

Stryder Leaves thread

REWARDS FOR QUEST COMPLETION:

Profession of: Blacksmith acquired for Eatos

Ability for Eatos to open a store

3 SP for each participant

800 Col split between 2 (Mist refuses her cut): 400 per player. (Eatos and Stryder)

Extra Materials:  20

Additional: Iron Rapier will be kept as a symbol of her accomplishment, however, Eatos will not use it in battle.