(PP-F6) Cupid's Arrow (Sey, Itzal)

Jonathan exited the sixth floor. He could not wait inside the town, because then Itzal might get bombarded by the women, and then they would never get anything done. Sey had recently become Sentinel, and he figured they ought to help the man get even stronger with a dungeon. He had recently sent the two men, Itzal and Sey, a message to meet them on the sixth floor, outside of the town. The blond would be tanking the expedition, and he would also be running the entire ordeal. He hoped they could find one last good thing on this floor before saying goodbye to it for a while. He and Itzal had already explored almost the entirety of this floor, and today they would finish it by going to the most remote place possible. He waited silently. If the hunters heard him, he would not sure if they would be better now that he and Itzal had gotten rid of the goblins and their shamans that spread a sort of disease. There still might be some of the hunters out there that had yet to have gotten better, or eliminated. The game would make more, but the diseased had to be eliminated

@Itzal @Sey

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the town. That was certainly an odd request, he thought so anyways. Then again, a dungeon never really did reside inside of a town. Still though, wouldn't it have been best for him to find some sort of inn rather than look for some random area outside of that? Oh well, there seems to be nothing that he could do about that. Eventually though he did find the blonde tank... After going through a lot of women npcs. Not a single one seemed to be male, so his existence to them was a bit more of a mystery if anything. Sweet, looks like things were going to go downhill already. There was usually some sort of sign to warn him, but the snow-haired player tends to ignore them as well. Why life still bothers with a warning was something even he wondered. Placing his right hand into the air, he would wave. "Yo Jonathan! I'm here! Why are we supposed to be here though? An inn would have been a lot more productive and less time-consuming."

@Itzal

Why.  Oh why.  Was he on this floor.  Again.  The worst thing was that it was nearing valentines day.  He attempted to sprint out of the town as soon as he had teleported, but before he could the three girls spotted him and grabbed a hold of his arms.  One of them leaped onto his back, which he had then almost peeled her off and let her drop, but the other two were still holding on.  With a red, yet ticked off face he made his way to the town gates.  The women kept talking to him or asking him to lighten up, or to stop being so rude.  The two girls finally let go of his arms, but the one girl didn't get off his back.  The weight was nothing to him, it was simply the fact that a girl had jumped on his back without his permission like that that was ticking him off.  When he reached the gate the two women started to lag behind, but the girl on his back didn't care where they went.  In fact, her face was all lit up, even as they approached the darkness of the forest.  This was going to be a loooooooooong day.  "Before you ask, yes I tried to get her off...  She won't budge....."  The girl giggled and waved at the two players.  "Alright so what's up?  And Jonathan?  Why oh why are we on this god forsaken floor, yet again?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Sey was the first to arrive. He raised an eyebrow, a bit rather surprised. The snow haired player asked why they were meeting outside of town. Before he could answer Itzal came trodding forward, one of the towns women on his back. Jonathan waved his hands in a  "This is why" motion. The blond cleared his throat and smiled answering with, "Well, I figured we might as well finish exploring this floor. We only have one little section to go" He chuckled and then finished with a solid, "I also figured it was near Valentine's Day, so you might as well visit your girlfriends" Jonathan laughed but it was interrupted by an unknown voice. It sounded childish, like a young boy around the age of twelve. The blond looked around, finding the source in a tree. 

Sitting upon the tree was a boy, blond hair, mischievous smile, and green eyes. He wore nothing but a white cloth over the areas that the group really would not like to see. In his hand was a silver bow, upon his back was a quiver filled with different tipped arrows. "Yeah, Your Girlfriends have been a little.... Desperate" The boy fell from the tree. No, not fell. Glided. He had two gorgeous white wings that helped him glide softly to the ground. "I am a little proud when I say I did good" He laughed and Jonathan spoke up, asking a question that sounded reasonable. "You are... Cupid, aren't you?" The boy glared at him, the nice glow that covered his body became a little more violent. "NO YOU DOLT" The boy took a few seconds to calm himself before continuing. "I am Eros! Not some stupid Roman god. I have had quite a fun time recently, pegging random people, filling them with hopes and dreams." The man looked pridefully at Itzal and shot the other two boys a quick glance. "I have never had as much fun as I have had with making all the women in this floor adore you, Itzal. I'm thinking my next scheme will be heartbreak." He looked at Itzal for this word, his next two looking at each one of them. He started the first word with Jonathan. "Desperation" He then looked to Sey. "Tough Love" He laughed maniacally. 

His face became sad and he looked at the three. "I am a bit lonely though. I have not had a group of heroes test their luck with me in Millennia. Perhaps, if you come to my palace, best me, then perhaps I will leave your affairs alone?" He smiled mischievously as if it were an impossible task.  He turned to Itzal and said, "Just follow your heart. That is how you are to find me" With that Eros began to glow violently before dispersing into the light. Jonathan looked to them a bit astonished. "Well, what do we do now? Explore or go see what Cupid has to offer?" 

OOC - Nope, I only do long posts with EXTREME muse :3 Nice try Jonathan!

It seems like Itzal arrived, though the fact that there was a lady on his back was definitely something for him to question. Raising his right pointer finger, he was going to ask about that, only for the scout to hit that question before it could be completely asked. Therefore, his finger would then be put down. The lady seemed somewhat friendly, as she waved towards both him and Jonathan. With an amused smirk, he would wave back to her before the next event… Some stupid cupid character. Great, now to not get struck with the arrows, that would have been a lovely task. And considering how quickly he was able to put the pieces together, should one use logic well enough and quickly enough… They would figure out which of the three of them probably got struck with the arrow. Out of all floors, it had to be the one where all of the NPC players are women. Should Itzal be single, it probably would have been him living the dream. Reality however says that no, he was not living it, it was a nightmare for someone engaged. How lovely. At least it was not the snow-haired player. To address the last question that the tank asked them, he would look over to the scout paladin, then back to the tank paladin. “I usually would not like to risk getting hit with one of those arrows… But… I don’t think Itzal is having much fun with it. If there is even the smallest chance of him being able to get that curse off him, we should grasp it.”

OOC - Instead, you get a medium post :3

@Itzal

Jonathan answered Itzal's question.  Itzal was not satisfied with the answer.  "Almost completely explored it?  Jonathan I don't think you realize just how long it takes to scout out the ENTIRE floor.  It took me well over three to five months just to discover everything in the first floor....  And that was where I usually hung out!  Regardless, we're here now so no use in my complaining about it..."  When Jonathan mentioned his girlfriends Itzal gave him an annoyed look while the girl hugged him from behind.  That's when he spotted something.  It literally had to either have popped out of nowhere, or had the highest stealth stats in game because he hadn't detected it until it revealed itself.  A cupid...  Perfect, just perfect.  It just HAD to be that.  When it spoke to Itzal he frowned.  "Yeah I don't like you...  In fact, in every movie I've ever seen, I don't think I've liked any of your kind."  Then Jonathan called it a cupid and the cupid got ticked.  Itzal turned to the flying creature.  "Technically they're both the same thing.  Just different names.  The Roman Gods were essentially the Greek Gods, just different names given to them.  And for those who don't know, Cupid/Erros is the son of Aphrodite and Ares, or Venus and Mars, depending on what version you go by...  Which in this case is Venus and Mars...  Literally the worst couple of all time........  Love and war........"  When the cupid mentioned heartbreak, looking at Itzal he shook his head.  "Ain't gonna happen sucker.  The girls are npcs and they'll probably just reset after a while.  As for me, I've learned to become rather resistant to forced emotions put in my head...  Especially with Ulises' help.  And don't even think about Kasier, you've got more luck freezing Hell." 

Then he essentially challenged the three of them.  When he said to follow their heart and vanished Itzal was silent a moment.  "Yeah, my heart is thinking multiple emotion based thoughts right now, so I think I'll stick to using the brain God so graciously gave me and find it my way.  Jonathan, this sounds like a quest or dungeon, and we really could use the SP.  And Sey.......  Lets, just get this over with..."  The girl on his back seemed to get a bit excited.  "You guy's are going on a quest?!  Yay!  I'm coming too!!!"  Itzal sighed.  He was afraid she'd say that.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as the God like creature faded from sight, leaving a scent of different flowers and sweet smelling things. Itzal obviously did not like Eros already. the blond cracked up when he said Freezing Hell. Sey seemed interested in going, and he mentioned the fact that it might get the girls on this floor off of him. He smiled, thinking of Itzal not complaining about coming to this floor anymore. Itzal looked to them, telling them it might be a quest or something, and bring a good amount of SP. He also added his opinion on Eros's advice. "Hmm, what if that was a clue to find him? If he is here to depict a god of love, then perhaps it was a direct hint about how to find him" Jonathan was curious about this quest. He also did not like the word the god had given him. Desperation. What did that mean? He really did not want to find out. He was still a little unsure of the powers of the nerve gear, but perhaps it could affect emotions and how you acted. He really did not want to find out with.... Someone on stake.

He turned as the woman on Itzal's back added that she wanted to go too. He did not agree with her at all, as she may be used as a leverage point. Each of them cared for eachother, but there was no romancing love. They would not be able to fall under affect of cupid for eachother, but it was still certainly possible that he might use her to get them, or the other way around. He had heard stories of cupid being able to reverse love, and he also did not want that to happen to himself either. "Ready Itzal... Sey? Which way do you think the man would be?

@Sey

They say that the term love just comes for you. He himself knew nothing of it, so why should he be asked about it? But if someone might have meant that literally, then he might as well try it. “Well I wouldn’t know. I’m going to take a stab at it and say it is…” He would place up his left pointer finger, the one that had not touched the spear before giving it a brief lick, then holding it up to match it with the wind that was letting out a small breeze. Sey knew North at all times when he had been taught orienteering. Anyone can find their way if they were able to locate North. And according to the winds, they were probably going to be traveling towards the Southeast. Great, seems like a direction has been chosen. “Well, I don’t know anything about angel boy or his games, so I figure we might as well just try to see where the wind takes us. And it is blowing towards the southeast, more south rather.”

@Itzal

Itzal listened to the two discuss with each other and where they think the dungeon would be.  Sey believed it would be in the direction the wind was blowing.  Itzal sighed as it seemed they had their direction.  "Alright then.  I'll be traveling along the ground this time since I've got extra weight on me..."  Suddenly he felt a hard pat on the head.  "Grah, hey what the-"  He looked up and she seemed insulted...  Very.  "It's rude to call a woman fat..."  Ital was confused, embarrassed, and, just, confused all at the same time.  His face warmed at the accusation.  "W-what?!  I never said that!  Everyone the age of an adult usually weighs about-"  He grunted again when she patted him a second time.  After that she sighed and hugged him again.  "It's alright, I know you didn't mean it...  Just be careful about what you say.  Girls take everything to heart."  Itzal was silent, his face still a little warm.  Take everything to heart?  Was this the cupid's effect talking or actual wisdom?  Either way he knew that all lies had a kernal of truth in them, so some of that had to be true.  But which half?  The cautious part?  Or the part about girls? 

@Morgenstern

Sey suggested they go South due to the way the wind was blowing. It sounded quite far fetched, but perhaps there was reasoning to it. Itzal mentioned he will be traveling along the ground since he had the extra weight of the woman on his back. He cracked up when the girl started to get after him. "i don't think I have ever heard of an NPC leaving town without a purpose. Perhaps it is like a mod to the game" Jonathan spoke his mind, but maybe that was his problem. To be successful on this quest, he had to use his heart. At least that was what Eros warned them of. The blond hoped they would arrive soon, leaving all of the unnecessary traveling out of it. 'With the way its intro is, I suspect that this will be an advanced dungeon and no less. He had not been to an advanced dungeon in a while, but he knew for a fact, that it was no blow over, and they definitely will get a challenge. He would get them all out safely, his event, his job. "Holding in there Itzal?"

@Sey

“If said mod were to be a thing, there is probably a low chance of it respawning either… Meaning… You will be stuck with her for a little bit.” That was the only conclusion he was able to come up with as he would place his hands in his pockets with a smile lapsed on his face. It was definitely an amusing thing for him to see. Itzal was too kind to tell her off either, a bad characteristic indeed. But if that was something that he can’t do, unfortunately, Sey had no way of being able to help. The fact was, she only listened to the scout paladin. And whatever influence that Cupid’s curse had on him, maybe even Itzal can’t get her to go away. It seems like there was not much going for him. And if they were to get into a fight… How was Itzal able to even defend himself, let alone even try to move around at a speed capable of dodging an enemy.

@Itzal

Itzal did not miss the mischievous laughter that came from Jonathan and he turned his head to look at him, a shadow covering his face and no smile to be seen.  He kept staring until he stopped.  "Mod or not, this is the first time one of them latched onto me like this."  The girl gave the cutest smile and began to hum a tune as they walked.  When Sey mentioned that she probably wouldn't be able to respawn he was silent for a bit.  He looked at her, completely unaware as to what she was.  However unlike most npcs she might not respawn upon death...  Itzal sighed and grabbed her legs, pushing her higher up so she could sit on his shoulders.  She yelped at first but then started laughing gleefully.  Upon the inevitable looks from the others he answered.  "If there's a chance of her not responding I won't let her die.  No matter how annoying she's being."  The girl looked at him.  He was going to...  Protect her?  Then something registered to her and she looked at Sey accusingly.  "Hey wait a second!  What do you mean stuck with her?!"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan remained silent as Itzal and Sey talked. Sey had a growing suspicion that if they defeated this boss, then perhaps the women will leave him alone. It was a decent idea, but he could not believe something like that would even be implemented in the game. he kept going though. He had no idea hen they would be far enough in to see anything, but until then they would keep going. He chuckled as the girl kept going on the rage, Sey being the target now. He looked at her and immediately wanted to chuck her off Itzal. She was definitely slowing them down. Itzal himself was starting to fall a bit behind. "Hey Itzal, anything around here that you see? I believe we should be close" The atmosphere was beginning to become different. He was sure it was around here somewhere. If its a god, Jonathan would not believe he would live in a standard dungeon, but perhaps a temple, dedicated to himself or something of that sort. Gods we a bit selfish, and really only cared if it benefited them. 

@Sey

It seems like it took a while for her to actually get it, and an offended tone would be launched towards his way. His lips were raised as he would snicker. "I meant exactly what I said." That response was usually the most annoying thing to hear after the common phrase, "What do you mean". It was more like a "That's pretty stupid to ask, considering you heard me say it already." Continuing on, he would look around to see if there was anything. The chances of him finding anything was rather low right now, so that was an unfortunate reality. Seems like he was not yet able to master the scouting branch yet, though if he put effort in his gear to do so, he would have a mighty better chance. But his role was a fighter, not being the scout. They already had one. "I will second what Jonathan said. You are the one with the best chance at finding anything, with or without the lady on your shoulders."

@Itzal

"Hmph, well it's not really about what you think now is it?  Itzi doesn't think he's 'stuck' with me, right?"  Itzal was in a very tight spot now.  He gave Sey a "Thanks a lot, you're so much help" look.  "Next time you decide to travel with us, couldn't you just ask?"  The girl thought for a moment then giggled for half a second.  "Yeah, I guess you're right."  Itzal gave a rather silent sigh of relief.  So his neutral choice worked after all.  It was now time for him to scout ahead for the dungeon he guessed.  Right.  He adjusted his grip on the girl and began running forward as if she wasn't on, the girl laughing excitedly as he did so.  Many players might not realize it at first glance, but due to his consistent training and exercise each and every day, he was very strong indeed.  He activated reveal and detect, searching for any sight, any clue of an entrance.  Then, when he found it....  It was so obvious it wasn't even worth his interest.  An archway decorated with hearts and a road that lead to who knows where.  However he suspected something and kept looking around while the girl observed the archway.  He spotted the real entrance through the trees and pointed.  "It's over there guys."

ID#  77104  LD:  5+13=18  Beginner dungeon found, sorry guys, I got a crappy roll >.<

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

OOC~ Its been discussed that Itzal just found a random dungeon and turn it into a dungeon map. 

Jonathan watched as Itzal searched, but only found a regular beginners dungeon. The blond sighed, pulling out a map and making a mark on the map where it was. "The real thing must be farther in, Cupid would not live in a crap dungeon like that" The blond turned away from the cave and walked forward. It was not long before he heard something rustle in the trees next to them. He drew his blade and watched as a single dog stepped out of the trees. Something was different about it. It was very large, and very black with smoke coming out from its skin. It left the air cold around it, and its teeth looked ready to rip through his flesh. "It appears we got some company over here, I'll tank and you two take them out" He rose his blade and charged forward. He looked like a wave of destruction.... Just without the damage. He slashed in a wide arc, slicing through all of them. Where his blade exited through the other side of the creatures, black smoke billowed out. He rose his shiel taking a defensive stance, taking a few hits and getting a nice little "Present" to go with it.

Spoiler

77198 BD:10 MD:9

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 76/82 EN (Burn 4/4 -20) [-6 EN, +1 EN/ (150-116) -34 HP, +66]
[0] @Sey ?/? HP ?/? EN
[0] Itzal ?/? HP ?/? EN

Hellhound x4 475/510

"Aye! This won't take too long!" he noticed that there was the exact number he needed in order to carry out the area attacks he planned to do. Nice to know that none of his energy was not going to waste. Placing the spear behind his back, he would leap forward with and outstretched left hand, launching himself forward as he would roll once before pushing himself up into the air, the spear lowered more towards the ground before he swept to the side of them when they jumped, striking them all at the chests and knocking them to the side before landing on the ground, looking back to the scouting paladin to see if he was going to follow it up. If they could have a nice rhythm to prevent each other from taking any damage, that would do them some good. "Itzal, time for you to get in!" The snow-haired player would exclaim as he would them jump back to let the barrage continue.

ID: 77207
BD: 6 + 3 = 9
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 76/82 EN (Burn 4/4 -20) 
[1] Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN
[0] @Itzal ?/? HP ?/? EN

Hellhound x4 391/510

Itzal nodded to Jonathan and turned the info into a map.  After doing so his friend caught sight of something.  The girl on his back seemed to tense up a little bit but Itzal just drew his sword.  "I can't hold onto you during battle, so you'll either need to get off and hide during this or hold on very tightly, got it?"  The girl paused for a moment.  Did he just, ask her to hold him tightly?!  Surprised that such a dangerous situation would work out for her like this, she held on tightly.  After adjusting to the pressure he charged forward.  He didn't change gear since Jonathan had the hate covered and he already had his accuracy ring equipped so why bother.  He charged forward, activating disguise to ensure he hit his target and at the same time startled the girl beyond belief.  Since he was holding a weapon, the form he took ended up being a humanoid hellhound.  He released Shadow Explosion on the four beasts, bringing their health down rather far.  After the attack his form shifted back and he skidded to a halt.  He could feel the girl shivering.  "You alright?"  "That...  That was......  Sooooo coooo!!  I didn't know you could do that!!!"  As the girl continued to giggle and laugh he sighed and nodded to Jonathan.

[3] @Morgenstern 820/820 HP 76/82 EN
[1] Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN

Hellhound x4 283/510 <12x9=108>

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched proudly as Itzal and Sey attacked, making a huge dent in their health. He just hoped Sey and Itzal could finish them this time around. Perhaps he could help them. He charged forward, and the hellhounds looked at him hungrily. They recognized, due to his armor, that he was a much slower target. The surrounded him, each taking a turn to slash as he moved to block the other. He felt a tearing pain in his leg where he had been hit previously. Even his health was dropping. These guys had burn. He sighed and backed away, trying to get out of the group. He nodded to Sey and he turned to a defensive stance. His damage had already healed, but he knew there was more to come. "You got it Sey, get it ready for Itzal" He would wait for the man to flash by. He knew the man could dish out quite a bit of damage. Not as much as he was not a ful DPS, but there was still some there. 

Spoiler

77330 BD:4 MD:7

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 75/82 EN [-6 EN, +1 EN/ (150-116) -34 HP, -20, +66]
[1] @Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN
[1] Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN

Hellhound x4 283/510

"Yup! I'm tagging in!" A few hearts were definitely going to be aching after this barrage. He swept forward into the battlefield and launched his spear forward towards the enemies, forcing them to accept their fate as they did not match to his speed. It was mainly due to his sword art, rather than any physical skill on his own. Still however, a successful strike was still a strike at the end of the day. So with this, he would shoot his arm forward to rip at their health a little bit more, sending them from the green to the yellow zone of their health. "It seems like we have them weakened up a little bit, but there is still a little bit of a way to go! Itzal, make a call now on what you need to wear!" Both options were valid, though the one with loot seemed less risky. It would just take up a lot more time as well, which is why there was the choice presented in front of them. Hopefully that can be made soon, but he was glad he was not the one to make it.

ID: 77365
BD: 8 
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] Morgenstern 820/820 HP 75/82 EN [-6 EN, +1 EN/ (150-116) -34 HP, -20, +66]
[2] Sey 740/740 HP 61/74 EN
[1] @Itzal  1,020/1,020  HP 84/102 EN

Hellhound x4 199/510

Edited by Sey