[OP-F1] A new life in SAO

(OOC). Hi. I'm a new player and still not completely sure how this works, so if I make a mistake please tell me. This is open to every one and starts on day 1 of SAO

Spidey was leaning against a wall where they were mass teleported and shaking his head at it all. Why were some people still panicking over the news about how deadly this game is when they found out over an 30 minutes ago. Not one person smiles and no when lookes like they wanted to be approached. Even thought he was planing to be a solo player at the beginning of the game (and still is) it's best to have some friends who will have your back. Spider sighed and started walking. He was a little upset, (who wouldn't be!) but he was also very excited. He always wanted to his old escape reality and now he has landed in a new one, but was it any better? Since it was the evening he decided the best thing for home to do was look around. Spidey hasn't given up on trying to find a friend. "In any RPG it's best to have a few friend because of PK'ers. They're tricky because they are humans and not a system and they don't follow a set pattern that's easily manipulated." Spideys starts getting bored with no one to talk to. He decides to sit on a bench and think about what kind of life he can make here in SAO. Spidey feels a little anxious so he closes his eyes and listens to the world around him. Spidey hates feeling anxious, to him it means something bad might happen. He's in a safe zone, why should he feel anxious? To calm down he starts focusing on the sounds that surround him. He focuses on the foot steps, some people are still crying, some people who are yelling. Spidey wants good sensory skills so this is good practice. Spidey starts to calm down and doesn't feel as anxious anymore. He opens his eyes, checks to see that no one else in on the bench, and stretches out across the bench laying down on it. It feels good against his back. he looks at the sky for a few seconds, then closes his eyes. He starts talking to no one in particular. " Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to try and make some friends? I mean, today must have been very traumatic to many. Just because I still want to solo doesn't mean I don't want someone to talk to every once and a while." He notices he's talking out loud, chuckles, and stops. 'I would like to try and become friends with someone who is mentally strong, someone who didn't sit there and whine or desperately try and log out for the entire day. I don't mean any disrespect in any way but what they are doing is practically the definition of insanity.' He decides to stay on the bench for a while. He gets so lost in thought he doesn't notice the that the crowd is thinning as people leave.

Edited by JD
I'm new. Just fixing it.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking around the town it was hard to believe that half an hour ago life was normal and now there was no way out of this game. Shepard had tried to log out but of course it didn't work, after the first try he gave up. Walking over to a nearby bench from were he was it seemed to be that there weren't any players around. "if I'm going to be stuck here then I'm not going to die here I am going to get out of this world and back to the real one." balling his hand into a fist in front of him.

He was very bored now, but he was comfortable and didn't want to move. "if I'm going to be stuck here then I'm not going to die here I am going to get out of this world and back to the real one." Spidey sits up. He looks for the person who just spoke. He sees a tall guy with long jet black hair. 'Looks like I got lucky. This guys looks interesting.' "Hey, were you the guy that just said 'I'll survive and get back to the real world'?" The guy doesn't answer. 'He seems to be lost in thought. I don't think he heard me.' He gets up and walks over to the guy who was walking towards the beach he just got up from. He taps the guy on the shoulder and says, "Hey, were you the guy that just said you'll survive this game and get back to the real world? If so my name is Spidey, what's yours?" He asks with a smile, extending his hand for a handshake. 

Edited by JD

Shepard had zoned out for a minute imagining what his life here would be like. Would he go solo like would on all the other games he had played he never releid on more than a few people at a time. Something snapped him out of his trance, a shorter player had tapped him on his shoulder and seemed to be asking him something. "Sorry bout that I didn't see you there, but to answer your question yes I was" were the hell did he come from he wasn't anywhere near him a second ago he looked briefly around, there weren't many people close by none of them would've been... 'wait a moment' his eyes darted to the bench he was standing in front of. "Were you on that bench this entire time." 

Edited by Lawrence

(OOC: As starts on day 1 Hydra is currently a 'green' player. Also, welcome to the community @JD @Lawrence! Any questions feel free to pm me a message, oh also Lawrence, please remember posts need to be 150 words minimum. I use google drive to check my word count if that helps. Again welcome, I hope you both enjoy your time here ;D)

"What has just happened?" Hydra had asked himself this over and over again. "Trapped in a virtual reality, is it true, was that all just a dream?" The young spearman wandered over to a fountain in the center of the Town of Beginnings and looked into his reflection. An innocent, shocked face showed up in the reflection. Hydra slowly brought his hands up and lightly touched his face, his new appearance was far more attractive than that it had been, still, he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable everything seemed to be happening at once.

Hydra remained at the fountain for a good while, his expression was calm although that was a simple facade, to say the least. As he glanced around at the various groups of players, some seemed to be reacting in different ways to the 'sudden event' from earlier. A man and woman crying, the tears streaming down their face. Another group who were shouting at each other in raised voices and raising their basic weaponry in the air. Then there were those like him, single without friends and alone. Slowly the spearman stood up, "I will need to find others." He whispered to himself in a quiet yet panicked voice, before standing up and making his way around the Town of Beginnings. Eventually, his eyes rested on two players and he began to make his way over.

The guy snaps out of his little world looking a bit confused. The guy with jet black hair heard Spidey and said,"Sorry bout that I didn't see you there, but to answer your question yes I was". Spidey Was relieved that he got the right guy. The guy with jet black hair looks around like he is searching for something. Spidey is a tad annoyed that the guy didn't give him his name. 'I am going to think of him as jet until he gives me his name'. When 'Jet' looks at the bench behind Spidey, his face lights up like he has realized something."Were you on that bench this entire time." Spidey Couldn't help but laugh a little. "You honestly didn't see me?" Noticing the awkward and questioning look on 'Jets' face Spidey decides to answer any questions he might have before he asks them. "To answer your question, Yes. I was here laying on the bench before you got here. No, I haven't been here for half an hour. I recently left the area where everyone was teleported. I stayed there because I thought I'd be a good place to try and make a friend or two. I left with out making any friends because everyone was too busy crying, being depressed, or continuously trying to log out. Sorry for laughing at you, but your puzzled and shocked expression was funny in this situation." While he was talking, Spidey move back over to the bench and motioned to 'Jet' to sit. He looked unsure at first but decided to sit next to Spidey. "Usually I'd solo and make friends later, but in this death game, friends will make a huge difference. Sorry for the long 'speech' but I wanted to get any possible questions out of the way. You different from the many other players. You don't look traumatized by recentl events. My name is Spidey, and I'd like to be your friend and what's your name 'Jet'." He extendes his hand with a smile to 'jet' for a hand shake. 

Putting his hand behind his head he chuckled a little "yeah I guess I didn't see you I must have been talking to myself I usually get a little carried away." Noticing he was being a little awkward he put his hands in his pockets, changing his body position and facial expression into a steel cage were no emotion showed. "sorry if I gave the wrong impression I didn't mean to come of as quizzical" responding to the man's lengthy speech continuing to listen "you don't seem to be like the others around here either, oh were are my manners the name's Shepard it's nice to meet you Spidey" shaking Spidey's hand with his right "friends huh... I've never been one to rely on others but what the heck it would probably be a good idea to make at least one." Using his left hand to tap through the menu interface to send a friend request to Spidey. "Even if you're just as crazy as me to be this calm."

'Cold? Yeah. Crazy? Maybe.' Spidey accepts the friend request, leans back and sighs. "Yeah, I don't know about crazy. Cold? Maybe. I was just always the kind of guy that want to escape my life in the real world. To many rules, to many idiots and criminals exploiting the rules. That's the reason I put on the nerve gear. Not for fun, just to escape." Spidey noticed how quick Shepherd changed. 'This guy is the kind of friend I like to have.' He was very pleased to have found a friend like shepherd. But threre was a warning flag. 'Even though I'm glad he's my friend, what happened to cause him have this kind of attitude? He was able to go from laughing to deadly serious in seconds.' Shepherd still had that look in his face. Spidey was a bit worried even though it didn't show. " Hey Shepherd, what's bothering you? You must be remembering some scary dude or some evil guy to make a face like that. If it's the creator, don't go around tellin' everyone. Still, lighten up. It's not the end of the world." He hoped that worked. He knows that Shepherd has the silent and deadly type of anger. He used basic psychology to calm him down. Getting him curious was the way to do it, if he isn't to pissed off, it would work. Plus it's a valid warning. In any crisis, in any crisis this big, there is always some cult that will be thankful. He was starting to get mad himself. Shepherd still didn't respond so Spidey decides to show Shepherd a trick very few others could do. He turns his back towards him, and before Shepherd gets the wrong idea and leaves he asks a question. "Hey, Shepherd. Do I look weird to you?" Before Shepherd can look, he does something only a triple jointed person can do. He turns his head 180 degrees and puts his legs straight behind his back. 'When curiosity fails, surprise and shock will work.' "Even if I'm triple joined?"

Edited by JD

Shriek! as Blank wails after the creepiness and grossness of triple joints that she has seen. Why would you do such a thing?! That is so creepy! "Eh, no need to get worked up about such a thing Mamm..." IM ONLY 23, GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL SO I DON'T HAVE TO REMIND YOU! They both back away. "Oh Im sorry, My name Is Blank I am "was" on the Olympic team for fencing." The 2 men were no where to be spotted. Instead she saw a peculiar looking man. She began to make her way over thinking, Im totally not a stalker im way too perfect to be a stalker, In fact." Pulls out the mirror to change facial imagery. "Im too good looking anyway". "AH I have to find that dude again! Back to work."

Edited by Blank

Hydra slowly began to approach the players, he was to far out of reach to hear the conversation that was going on between the two, but when one of them proceeded to pull there legs behind there back Hydra couldn't help but recoil in shock slightly. "That's... Interesting." He thought to himself in awe at the players ability. He then paused to glance down at his own legs, he didn't know the limitations to what one could do in this world but the adventurer was guessing that was something that had passed over into the game itself. "Hmm." Raising his head Hydra continued to edge forwards slowly, another player seemed to be looking in some sort of mirror. "I wonder what that's about..." At the sudden feeling of a rush of anxiety around his body he stopped to take in a breath of air "Ah maybe I'm not up to this after all."  Everything was still spnning around frantically in his mind, "What am I doing." The brunette repeated to himself once more looking whimsically up at the open sky. 

"Hmm so if I asked the dude (He looks really strong) if he wanted to team up, would he say yes?" "This will be hard to decide... What if I gave him a complement, bah that wont work." "Well its better than nothing." Um Mister... Your hair is really cool and you look really strong! Um this might be strange but um would you be willing to team up with me!" (Oh no I said that too bluntly, AHHH. He is going to say no I just know it! Please just say something mister! Should I just run? Yes,No, MAKE UP YOUR MIND BLANK! You are a grown woman you should be able to talk to a teenager!)

He noticed Spidey accepted the friend request, but didn't hear what he said. He was to busy thinking about Juni and we're she might be if she was scared if she thought he was dead or even coursing him for bringing her into this death game. While he was pondering this Spidey said something that caught his attention. 

"Hey Shepherd, what's bothering you? You must be remembering some scary dude or some evil guy to make a face like that. If it's the creator, don't go around tellin' everyone. Still, lighten up. It's not the end of the world."
'That's right. It's not the end, not yet at least, he could still find her one day.' He thought about that for a few seconds. Before he could turn and thank him however, Spidey had turned his back to him. Shepherd thought that he had ruined his chance and Spidey was going to leave. He looked down at the ground. 'What should I say? I'd like to get to know him a bit more' before he as about to speak is when Spidey said. "Hey, Shepherd. Do I look weird to you, even if I'm triple jointed?" He turned to look at Spidey and sees that his head is turned faced towards his back, his legs are directly behind his back, and his back was still facing him. Stepping back a foot in shock. When he realized that Spidey must have doing some kind of trick he finally spoke up "That's one hell of a trick man." Opening his cage a little to crack a smile. "Oh and thanks for asking I was just thinking about someone." With that Shepard looked to the horizon, the sun had started to set and the sky was a clash of yellow and orange. It was amazing how much effort the creator put into SAO.

Spidey felt relieved, it had worked. 'I'm glad it turned his thoughts away from what was bothering him. But will he be willing to tell me? I'd like to try and help, even if all I can do it hear him out, but how do I bring it up?' Unsure, he decides to start with clearing up his ability that he thought was a 'trick'."Trick? No it's not a trick, I wish it was though. I didn't even know if It'd work in here. I was born triple jointed. Glad it could crack a smile on that face of yours though. You must really fear someone will respond when you see them again. Judging by your calm attitude and because you weren't depressed just befor meeting me it's not a crush or a date you miss/missed in the real world. I'm not gonna ask you to explain, because it might be personal and you shouldn't be obligated to tell me, because you just met me and you might not trust me enough to tell me. Just to let you know though, if you need my help, even if I don't know all the details, I'll do my best to help. It may seem corny, or something everyone only says, I don't leave friends hanging and never abandon those I absolutely trust. And for some reason, I trust you completely. I'll lend a hand. Even if all I can do is listen." He didn't mean to make a speach out of it. He just wanted him to know he would help out. He doesn't like his friends feeling depressed or upset. If what he showed earlier was regret mixed with worry and a bit of fear, he would hate to see Shepherd when he's furious. He looks at the setting sun. He extendes his body and relaxes. 'If Shepherd decides to tell me that's great, if not, oh well. At least he knows I'll help even without knowing any details.'

Edited by JD

(OOC: @Blank, please remember posts need to be 150 words minimum. I use google drive to check my word count, hope this helps, thanks :3)

Hydra closed his eyes continuing to breathe in the fresh air. Only for someone's voice to cut through his peace a few seconds later. "Huh?" Hydra glanced over at a woman. She seemed to be saying something directed towards him. At first, the spearman was confused, he looked over his shoulders but there were no other players around except the other two adventurers who were still engaged in conversation. "Does she mean me?" Unsure how to react to this peculiar situation Hydra listened to her whilst scratching his cheek rather nervously. After she was finished he stood there, still rather confused by the whole ordeal. "Cool hair?... And strong?" Truth be told it was the last thing he had expected to hear. Hydra wasn't the type who looked strong, I mean sure thanks to the game he had a bit more muscle but no more than what other players had. His hair was also autogenerated although he supposed it did share a similar appearance to that of his real self.

"Thank you." He murmured in a kind slightly confused voice. "You look, nice." He really didn't know how to react at this point. A few moments later she asked to team up with him. There was a rather long silence before the spearman managed to gather his thoughts. "I suppose I was looking for a friend, yet is this too soon?" It wasn't like it mattered, Hydra wasn't the sought to turn anyone down "S-Sure, maybe we could find some others." He responded in a kind-hearted voice but one without any direction to it, what about those players over there. He turned and pointed at the two he had originally planned on approaching.

Shepard had turned back to face Spidey listening intently to what he was saying. "Thanks for worrying about me man"  moving closer to Spidey and placing a hand on his shoulder "but there are some things Im not comfortable talking about just yet many some day but not today." And with that Shepard withdrew his hand and stepped back to continue. " But I'm going to be honest with you Spidey" he paused to look back at the sunset "everyone has there demons even me... especially me but I've always kept them in check do to that person me and her have been through thick and thin she was the one to get me into games but I." At this he stopped fearing what he might say next he looked around for anything to change the subject that's when he took notice of a man pointing towards them he was with another player. "Hey check that out what do you think they want." 

Edited by Lawrence

Now it was during this time that Blank touched her rapier, a name had to be given to this sword for it was a sword that she trusted in. “What do you think about naming weapons mister?” When I was back in the real world my teammates on my fencing team named it speed serum because of how fast I was with it, yep those were the good old day…” The spearman was silent as a wolf stalking prey. “Ahh you're the silent type eh?, Well um… why did you come to Sao sir.” He was still silent. Blank looked at what he was looking at. “Oh those to eh, they seem like good friends don't they? (Imagination of Blank: Rats I can't get this guy to talk, I wonder if I weird to him. Ah I probably do, well what doesn't kills you makes you stronger right? No, it doesn't… I WILL MAKE HIM MY FRIEND EVEN IF I HAVE TO CHOP OFF MY PINKY!)

Spidey was relieved that he didn't get depressed when the subject was brought up. As he started talking he turned to the area that Shepherd mentioned. "First off, putting you hand on me just to say that was a bit creepy. Second, I totally respect your decision, even though It sounds like those demons are getting heavy. As to who they are, the guy looks like a spearman. As for the girl, a rapier user. Want to head on over there?" He didn't want to mention that they looked like they might be the shy type. He was surprised that even though they are shy they weren't acting like the other players. 'I guess mentally stronger and stable people can be shy or timid.' He didn't wait for Shepherd to respond. He just waved and started to walk in their direction. 'I just hope one of them isn't to weird, well any weirder then not being shaken by this place'. 

“Hey guys, how are you? Oh how rude am I, I forgot introductions. My name is Blank, And the quiet one here is Hydra.” “How did you know my name?” “People were whispering about you good sir, and I have Vulcan like hearing!” “Wha…” “Forget it you're too young too know about that.” “You're just old.” “HEY!” The two men stared in confusion as the spearman and the fencer argued. Spidey snickered a bit. Blank smiles, “Well I am glad you could be happy today, Well what should we do Hydra? I really want to level up so I can be the strongest rapier user!” Immediately starts humming sweet dreams are made of these. “Christ your old Blank.” “ What would you like then?” “You are being rude, we have given them no time to talk, and time is exp that could be earned.” “Sorry sorry, That's a way to put it however.”

(OOC: @Blank sorry it's also against rules to roleplay others characters, please refrain from this in the future and stick to roleplaying your own charatcer. Thanks - Hydra :3)

Hydra didn't really understand what exactly was happening, he understood people would be stressed about the events from earlier in the day but this was something beyond unsual. The woman, whom he had no name for seemed to be speaking to the others he had just met about well, it was hard to explain, at least in his mind. Glancing towards the two players from earlier he smiled although was clearly showing signs of distress "Please forgive my sudden intrusion, er my name is Hydra." The spearman bowed his head slightly before glancing over each of the players. He didn't really know how to continue, he wasn't the sort to go around asking strangers for aid. It defied his very nature. Turning around a moment he took in another deep breath of air, trying to calm his nerves. "I just need to escape from this all. What is happening?!" The brunette staggered backwards for a moment reaching for his spear in a panic. He did not draw it but gripped it tightly, it was his only protection from this nightmare.

Atzo was chilling out on Floor one when he heard a familiar voice. He jumped out of his tree and landed expertly. He was a good distance from the group but that wouldn’t be that big deal. Atzo walked like a train. Covered by his Cloak and with his Jian gleaming in the sunlight. He swiftly snuck up behind Hydra, and with a playful smile he held the Jian to Hydra’s neck. His face was a mix of dominance and playfulness “Who were these kids? Who could he control? Who could be his Pawn?” Were the things that went through his head. He was an expert manipulator. “How’s it going, Ol’ Pal?” he said with a laugh as he pulled the Jian away from Hydra’s neck and sheathed it. “Oh, and who are your friends?” He looked the group of players up and down analyzing them, their armour, their movements. Taking careful note of each observation as it seemed that one was potentially tormenting his ‘Friend’.

Edited by Atzo