[F2] Darkness Delving <<Let there be Light>> (Raina/Genji)

Vale readied herself to launch for another attack, but just as the martial artist prepped her to strike. Her cat-like ears twitched, foot steps coming toward her fast. The woman turned to look behind her where Raina had just ran off to to get the quest requirement out of the zone. She saw a man running toward her, he was moving quick enough to be hard to define but slow enough that Vale could track his movement.

This silver haired young man launched into the air glowing a vibrant gold-like color as the system began to register the activation of his sword art. She watched as he effortlessly struck each of the bats with his Farrant Full Moon technique he seemed to have called it. Vale loosely remembered the technique from when she was considering having a Curved Sword as her weapon. The girl did her research on all weapon types, and it helped her identify what style of fighting the man who assisted her preferred. Impressed she took this opportunity to join the conversation with the man.

"Hey," "Everything okay?"

The panther-like woman gave a low toned growl, "That was well done. Now who do I owe the pleasure of a thanks." Vale could hear Raina running off in the distance with the girl. The quest details being given to the entire group including the man who came to assist. She closed her eyes placing one paw upon her hip and the other dangling off to the side, "I will have to say Everything is quite alright. I assume you came here cause you had the quest as well?" She asked with a feline-esque smile stretched across her face, slowly opening her eyes to look at this man in his.

Edited by Vale

Genji slowly rose and slid the blade back into its sheath. He took stock of his surroundings, various sounds like distant footsteps briefly captivating his attention before the woman finally engaged him. "Genji," he introduced himself hastily and with a slight bow of the head. "My name is Genji."

The quest updated in his log as normal, a faint beep and a message window in his HUD more than enough evidence he had been in the right place at the right time. "Yes, that's right," he added. "I came for the quest as well, but I thought I heard something dangerous deeper in the cavern. Seems like it was less than I thought," he observed.

He stood in an area where light still trickled into the cavern from outside, but it was just dark enough that candlelight also illuminated a portion of his body. He was clad in mostly black, and aside from a deceptively sinister looking weapon, his attire made him seem like more of an infamous vagabond or reprehensible wanderer than any sort of hero.

He got that a lot, too. "You should dress more impressively," they would tell him. People had strange priorities.

"It looks like we've finished here," he remarked, "unless you prefer dark, damp caves?"

Despite the fact that She was deep within a cave, she knew running into other players in this cave was bound to happen as it was an early on quest. Because of such, the man whom had introduced himself as Genji showed that he had quite the skill with his Curved Blade, she wasn't precisely sure just how powerful he was, but it was worth taking the time to get the know the man. A potential ally in the long run if he were willing to help her instead of strike her down.

Once the quest finished updating, Genji spoke up. He was in fact here for the quest and he was able to get credit without needing to do much effort, "There is something more dangerous in this cavern? I have explored it a number of times. But it is possible we just haven't been here when that mob has spawned." She chuckled. The Cardinal system had a habit of spawning new creatures and creating new quests constantly, so it wasn't far out of the realm of possibility for there to be a much more frightening enemy hidden deeper within. Today wasn't a day to go on that hunt.

Vale really couldn't get a good impression of the man, but his comment on her dress attire did stick with her a bit, "I happen to enjoy the way I look, that and the armor allows me nimble movement for my cat-like reflexes, Nya?" She ended her statement with the catchphrase of Neko girls in Japan to add a twinge of humor to her words, but with the offer to leave the cave. Vale couldn't pass it up, "I think it's a good time we leave. Unless you're trying to pick up a chick in a dungeon." She stuck her tongue out then turned around and began to strut away, possibly taunting him with her curvy physique.

He gave a slight shrug. "I would have pressed further in, but it appears this was adequate to complete the task. Regardless, if we wait too long here the mobs will respawn and we'll end up having to kill them a second time," he said, not-so-discreetly suggesting they move along as they converse.

After all, they seemed to be in agreement on the matter. They started walking as she commented on her dress, and ended her sentence with the trademarked "nya!" all Catgirls preferred. Genji stared blankly in her direction, and he blinked incredibly slowly.

"Nya?" he asked incredulously. She stood her ground on the matter and seemed to disregard his questioning tone entirely.

The girl strode out ahead of him, stuck out her tongue and walked with her hips rolling side to side as she went. Genji watched her for a moment before he finally shook his head. "I don't think I'll ever quite understand women," he commented quietly.

She was gone round the corner a moment later, and Genji followed promptly.