[F3-PP] A Necklace for m'lady <<Search for the Hoya>> (Vargas, Atzo) {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Search for the Hoya>>

This quest takes place on Floor 3

This quest is repeatable for <<Hoya of Minos>> only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

AxV75ka.jpg?1

Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist, from which screams emanate every night, lays in wait a precious pendant inside the stone tomb of King Minos according to rumors. All who trek in the search for this jewel beware the denizens of this forest, the twin level 10 Minotaur's awaiting on opposite entrances of the tomb, and the maze the forest itself creates. Many either fall to the one of the two Hoya Minotaurs or are lost forever in the maze. Good luck my children.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-One of the two Hoya Minotaurs must be defeated

Hoya Minotaur Information:

<<Hoya Minotaurs>> are respawning Quest Bosses and each one has the following statistics:

HP: 45

Damage per Attack: 30

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the <<Hoya of Minos>>, a sought out gift for weddings, dates and birthdays. The Hoya of Minos is a pendant that changes form every time someone does the quest so it has a variety of appearances, though it always remains a pendant.

2. 2 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: 12

Atzo had Raina on his mind, it was constant. He needed to do something to show her how much she meant to him but didn't know how. Talking to an information broker he learned about a challenging quest for an object that was good for using as a gift. He was sitting on floor three in the town square. The Cloak of Changing Tides moving in the breeze. He wondered who he should take with him. Not Raina, he wanted it to be a surprise, Shield maybe? No, Shield would destroy it in a single hit, he at least wanted to do some damage if he could. He was sitting on a rock in the center of town the wolf ears the cloak gave him made listening in on things much easier though there were not too many people here, suddenly he heard someone walking nearby, his ear twitched as he heard it but he didn't turn toward it yet.

@Vargas

Edited by Atzo

Vargas was taking his time looking through the floors. He was interested in finding some new fighting grounds so he could get some more experience. Though, he also just wanted to check out the floors. Meeting Mestophales had made him think more about checking things out rather than just fighting and sleeping. There was more to be seen on these floors other than just the mobs he'd grind day after day. 

Arriving on floor three, he appeared on the teleport platform to the main settlement Delilah. It was a small village so it didn't take long for someone to make their way through to the fields. Stepping off the platform, Vargas took a look at the buildings. Paying attention to what it had to offer he saw that they were mostly wood and of medieval design. They weren't likely to have a lot of good gear available for his use. Plus, it was the third floor which wouldn't have gear as good as he might be able to find on the twentieth.

Strolling down the street he noticed someone sitting on a rock in the middle of town. They wore a emerald cloak that shone brightly in the sunlight. Two ears protruded from the top of the hood, giving the wearer a wolf-like look to them. Looking at his own garb, which consisted plainly of a green cotton shirt and black cotton pants, there was definitely a noticeable difference to their attires. Walking up to the rock Vargas called out, "Why are you sitting on that rock? Are you currently waiting for someone?"

He wasn’t wrong. Sure enough someone spoke to him. “Waiting for someone?” They asked Atzo. Looking over at the sandy haired man Atzo jumped down. His cloak shifted and stirred as he moved. “No, I can't say I was waiting for anyone in particular.” He said his face a sly smile showing his wolfish fangs “But if you would be willing to join me I am going to be traveling to the labyrinth to find a gift for someone.” He looked the other player up and down. He seemed strong enough. Pulling up his menu he Equipped Misguidance and the leather coat. “Hey, Arent you the one who sold me the leather coat? Thank’s for that, it has come into great use for me on quests” He hoped that the kid he was talking to would help him, though he didn't know how many people his new appearance would run people off.

@Vargas

The man, as it was evident when he turned to face him, gave a sly smile. The man promptly asked if he would be willing to join him in traveling to the labyrinth on this floor so as to obtain a gift for someone. Thinking about it for a moment, Vargas saw no harm in helping him. It would give him a chance to get to know this guy and he might get some experience out of it. "Sure, that sounds fine by me," Vargas promptly replied. The man opened his menu and equipped a large two-handed sword and a leather coat. 

“Hey, Arent you the one who sold me the leather coat? Thank’s for that, it has come into great use for me on quests” Opening his own menu he only needed to add his Breastplate. He always kept his pendant and sword on since they weren't bothersome to carry around and made for easy access. Looking up at the man after sending a party request Vargas realized that he was right. "Now I remember you. That's right. You came by and bought that leather coat I had lying around and available."

Atzo nodded as he equipped Faces of the Damned. “I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces, and Leader of the Emerald Harbingers” He said in a confident but not loud or unsettlingly proud voice. “What was your name again? I apologize, I cannot seem to remember it.” And turned towards the road. “What made you choose to be a merchant? If I may ask.” It was the only thing he knew about this man. There was not really anything else for him to know. He shrugged. He had no doubt that they would both learn about each other equally today. It wasn’t going to be a challenging quest, more than likely it would just be very time consuming. Atzo hoped that Vargas was up for it, There was a long walk before them. Maybe he could convince Vargas to join the Emerald Harbingers as well, though he would leave that for the future.

@Vargas

The armor that Atzo put on was rather strange. It was completely black, except for white emblem on it, and practically looked like it was a giant pit ready to swallow up anything and everything. When Atzo apologized for having forgotten his name he said, "Don't worry about it. I'm Vargas. Nice to meet you Atzo." He followed along behind Atzo as he started down the road. "I think it was probably just cause nobody else really was and it provided the opportunity to obtain unique enhancements." Vargas replied, answering his question. He still wondered whether being a merchant was a good idea. It didn't provide him with much business really. His only customers had been Aereth and Atzo. They'd each only showed up once, Aereth for appraisals and Atzo for the leather coat. 

As far as he could see they were going to be walking for awhile. So, to past the time Vargas decided to strike up conversation with his own questions. "What about you? Why the 'Man of Many Faces' title and why'd you choose to form a guild?" There weren't a whole lot of guilds so it wasn't unlikely for someone to form their own but most people stuck to frontlining guilds and such. Thus, forming a guild that would serve the same purpose made no sense when several already existed. He wondered if perhaps Atzo had his own reasons or a different goal in mind.

Edited by Vargas

Atzo stopped deaf in his tracks. His expression to that of deep thought. “He just ask me why I’m called the man with many faces.” A implike face seemed to try to rip out of the armour for a few seconds. He violently shook his head to allow his self control to come back and put in a light hearted smile. “My apologies, no one has asked me that before. I feel that I should be honest with you seeing as we will be traveling for a while now, and far into the future.” He took a deep breath “I am known as the man with many faces because I don’t show my true emotions on almost all occasions. Those who realize just how few emotions I have truly felt that most of my emotions are masks. Like faces. I have been striving to lean how to feel emotions more though, not just go through the actions. As for the guild. I want to be able to help low level players be able to level up quick. I want to prove that it’s not about how much physical power you have, it’s about the bonds and mental power you have. That there is an opportunity for everyone.” 

@Vargas

"Huh," was Vargas's initial response. So this guy was basically a psychopath under normal societies rules. If you couldn't feel emotion or empathy and you had to go through the motions to portray them without meaning them, well, most people would consider that as being a psychopath. "That's kinda cool. Wonder what that must be like." As Atzo continued on, explaining his reason for the guild, Vargas nodded along. "Well, I'm not sure about all that but I know from my own experiences this world really doesn't care about the rules outside, the ones we're used to. Physical strength, or the stats in our case, amount to quiet a bit, but I understand what you mean. It's almost impossible to accomplish much without great effort unless you've got the assistance of allies." He wasn't sure if he truly believed that but he had definitely found it easier to call on others for help rather than attempting to do something by yourself. It saved time, energy, and resources while giving everyone what they wanted.

Atzo nodded “It is true that you have to have physical strength but in order to gain that you have to start small. Those of us who are stronger have to help out the lower level players or they will never succeed. That lesson was taught to me by a very wise and old man in this game. He helped me level up even though it wasn’t necessary, he didn’t know me yet he still was willing to help me. That’s what we need to do as players to survive right?” He looked around and shrugged “I’ll let you think about it though, I would love to have you in my guild if at all possible.” The forest was getting dense, they were close to the labyrinth, though getting through it would be hard. “So, I have told you about myself. I do believe it is your turn” Atzo smiled at Vargas warmly.

@Vargas

"Perhaps," Vargas responded. For the most part he could tell that they agreed but he still didn't know Atzo well enough to want to commit to joining his guild. As they continued walking the forestry became denser the further to their destination they got. "About me?" Vargas asked as he thought about how to answer. He didn't feel all that comfortable talking about his real life so he decided to stick to what happened since joining the game. "Well, for the most part I just focused on getting higher levels. Without the levels I couldn't fight any mobs properly or complete any quests. Initially I chose to just make a home in the Town of Beginnings but eventually I decided I should help the front lines. Personalot, I'd rather stay in this game but I know not everyone else does. As for the reason, well that'll remain for me to know."

The pair of adventurers approached the large archway into the labyrinth. It was evident that they would find a lot of monsters here. “I understand. It will not be soon before we get where we need to go. Once I have that Amulet then I will be set.” A sound echoed throughout the labyrinth. A large lizard came crawling towards them. Atzo drew Misguidance, activating his cyclone sword art. He sliced the lizard up leaving four large gashes in the code. The lizard attempting to retaliate rushed Atzo. Though Atzo was quick thanks to the new armour. He made sure to dodge in such a way to force Vargas to look into to the mirrored blade, showing Vargas his inner demons. Of course Atzo couldn’t see them, they were specialized to Vargas. Atzo just wanted to see how Vargas would react. It was something he did when he met new people, he wanted to know how sure of himself that Vargas was, how mentally strong he was.

ID# 79222

Spoiler

Battle 7+2=9 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 6-3=3 (Miss) [+1 Savvy]

Stats

Spoiler

Vargas 320/320 hp | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:0

Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:1

Lizard 140/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

The labyrinth entrance was marked by a large archway. The material broken down in areas, providing a sense of age to the place. A sound resonated from within the labyrinth and increased in noise as the being came out. It was a rather large lizard that came out. Atzo immediately attack the mob, his two handed straight sword swinging around violently. With the initial damage dealt by him the lizard focused its attention on him. The lizard hissed and attempted use its tail to whip at Atzo's feet but he was able to easily dodge. 

Vargas drew his blade in preparation to attack once Atzo was away but was thrown off by the reflection of Atzo's blade. The perfectly polished blade shown himself standing their, perfectly like a mirror. It wasn't long but it was enough to see himself hollow. He blinked, not quite sure what the hell that was before he quickly made his way to attack the lizard. His blade crackled with electricity as he activated his lightning fall sword art and leapt over the lizard, impaling his blade through it's back. It was a successful hit and had taken out quite a bit of the lizards health. "Make your move. I'll make sure to hit it hard and fast for you." Vargas called out to Atzo as he tried to draw the lizards attention.

ID #79242
BD: 10 (8 + 2)
DMG: 5*8=40

Vargas 320/320 HP | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:1

Lizard 100/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Vargas

Vargas was quick on his feet, much like Atzo. Taking the opportunity to smash into the lizard. It seemed that the two players moved quicker than the code could analyze and the lizard froze for a moment. “This shouldn’t take long” Atzo said to Vargas with firm confidence, before activating Cyclone. “You are up, let us try and finish this a quickly as we can.” It was interesting seeing Vargas’ attack pattern. It was very similar and yet very different from Atzo. “You wouldn’t happen to be a scout build as well, would you? It seeing how similar out attack patterns are as similar as they have been” Atzo was gaining curiosity. What had Vargas seen? It defiantly stopped and startled him for a moment. Maybe that was just his reaction, everyone had a different one. Some like Beat fought it with happiness, others froze, those like Atzo dwelled on them, figuring out why.

@Vargas

ID# 79297

Spoiler

Battle 7+1=8 (hit) [Dmg=5*4=20]

Mob 1-3... (Is not a hit)

Stats

Spoiler

Vargas 320/320 HP | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:2 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard 80/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

Waiting for his chance, Vargas watched Atzo attack the large lizard once again. He activated his Cyclone sword art once more, releasing a spiraling torrent of slashes against the mob. "Got it," Vargas said as he readied his blade to switch with Atzo. "Oh, yeah. I haven't really focused on any other skills currently. More focused on dealing out the damage than anything else," he answered as his Anneal Blade began to glow yellow as his sword art began to activate. Charging forward he leapt over the lizard, planning to impale his sword into the lizard once more but the lizard had other plans. Once Vargas was close enough the lizard swung its tail at him, hitting him square in the chest, sending him flying back into Atzo. "Ah!" Vargas cried out as he collided with Atzo, sending them both flying back into the dirt. Groaning, Vargas rolled off Atzo, "Sorry 'bout that."

ID #79426
BD: 4 (2 + 2)

Vargas 320/320 HP | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:2 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard 80/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Vargas
  • 2 weeks later...

Vargas hit Atzo square in the chest. Atzo eloquently kicked into the air and jumped to his feet from his back. “You are fine, Vargas” Atzo said extending a hand to help up his fellow warrior. This lizard was no match for the two of them though Atzo knew that it wouldn’t take the two of them too much longer to destroy the beast. Atzo once again activated his Cyclone sword art taking the Lizards health bar closer to the red. It swiftly tried to smash Atzo with its tail but he gracefully dodged it. His wolf ears twitched as he landed, there were going to be more to fight soon, though he was not sure how long they had. The ears were good at that, allowing him to hear better though they also had a few flaws. More of he had not yet mastered them yet, he was not yet sure how to use his newfound hearing to gage distance.

@Vargas

ID# 80580

Spoiler

Battle 8+2+1=11 (hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 3-3=0 (miss) 

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 220/220 HP | 14/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:3 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard 60/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

Vargas accepted Atzo's assistance and grabbed pulled himself up by his hand. Atzo quickly returned to the fray, swinging his sword around as his Cyclone sword art activated, reducing the lizards health further. In retaliation, the lizard swung its tail around in an smash into Atzo but he was able to dodge the attack with ease. "Time for me to make my move," Vargas calmly said as he settled his focus on the lizard. He activated his lightning fall sword art once more and swiftly covered the distance between him and the lizard. His instincts flashed a warning to him as he dropped to the ground mid-run, sliding along the dirt path as the lizard tail swung over his head. He could feel the force of the swing create of blast of wind across his face as he slid under it. Throwing his weight forward, he got out of his knee slide and got to his feet once again. "If that thing had connected with my head that would've likely been lights out for me," Vargas called out to Atzo. He'd failed to land his attack but they were now flanking the lizard, which left they a fairly decent opening to attack from both sides.

ID #80658
BD: 4 (2 + 2)

Vargas 320/320 HP | 23/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 14/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:3 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard 60/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Vargas

Vargas made a valiant attempt, that was for sure. And Atzo was happy with the new positioning. “I hope this will give us an advantage in the long run” he said to himself “Hey, Vargas. Do you think you will be able to finish it in one blow at this point?” Atzo didn't wait for a response. Instead he activated his Cyclone ability once again bringing the lizard’s health bar down a little more. The Lizard tried to hit him, and its efforts were valiant, but it missed Atzo by a hair. This was getting ridiculous. There was no real strategy to be had, mostly it was a ‘hit it till it dies’ scenario. Granted a stun may help them but Atzo had not yet used a stun in combat. He did not yet know the full benefit of such an attack. He looked to Vargas and then to the lizard. “It is focused on me, see if you can end this fight now so that we can have some time to rest.”

@Vargas

ID# 80660

Spoiler

Battle 6+2+1=9 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 6-3=3 (Miss) +LM

Stats

Spoiler

Vargas 320/320 HP | 23/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 10/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:4 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard 40/160 HP | 48 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

Vargas didn't need to reply to Atzo's question as the man attacked without hesitation. Once again, the lizard's health bar went down and it retaliated without luck. With it focused on Atzo, Vargas activated his lightning fall sword art and pierced his blade into the large lizards side. It's health quickly dissolved into nothing and with it, so did the lizard. As the lizard disappeared Vargas sheathed his blade and closed the drop window that had appeared for killing the mob. "Well, we're done with that thing now," Vargas said as he turned to Atzo. Gesturing to the labyrinth entrance he said, "Shall we head in now and get this Amulet for you?" The Lizard had taken up plenty of their time that they could've been spending searching this place for Atzo's amulet. If they started now, they might be able to get in and out before night fell and left them with mobs spawning more frequently.

ID #80675
BD: 10 (8 + 2)
DMG: 5*8=40
LD: 12 (11 + 1)

Vargas 320/320 HP | 16/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1
Atzo 220/220 HP | 10/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:4 (+1 Light Momentum)

Lizard Dead

ID #80777
CD: 2 (Rare Weapon)
+480 Col

Edited by Vargas

“It would probably be for the best, though I fear how low my Energy is currently. That said I may stay out of the fight until it is regenerated.” Atzo said as he looked at the lizard. It had been a moderately easy kill in comparison to what it could have been. He felt that the two of them were lucky to have found a mob at a lower level. Atzo’s ears twitched again as he followed the labyrinth. He was pleased to see that it wasn’t mislabeled.  Unlike most so called “Labyrinth’s” this one had no dead ends and by definition that makes it a labyrinth. Though it was shorter than he expected as well. They soon reached an opening and a temple guarded by two minotaurs was seen in the distance. “That must have been why my ears kept twitching” He thought to himself “Ether that or i was just hearing things”

@Vargas

Vargas followed behind Atzo as they made their way into the labyrinth. The place was littered with twists and turns, dips and rises, yet they didn't have to deal with dead ends. Though the walkways seemed longer due to the never ending paths, it wasn't long before they arrived at another opening with a temple in the distance. "I'm assuming we need to get past those minotaurs," Vargas said as he looked at the two minotaurs that guarded the entrance to the temple. Truthfully, they didn't look as difficult to fight as the lizard they had to deal with at the entrance to the labyrinth itself. "How do you want to take care of those guys? Draw out one or split up and take on both individually?" Vargas asked. They still had some distance to cover before they reached the temple so it was best to discuss a plan of action while they had the chance, unlike with the lizard which had appeared quicker than they had time.