[F10-PP-NK] Put their souls to rest. <<Wail of the Banshee>> Aereth

Hearing Aereth's comment about easy questing, Husky couldn't help but agree. There're many quests he had wanted to partake, but the brunette hadn't able to, simply because he's not strong enough to take them on. If it were a normal game, he would have, just to test how far he could push himself. But now, with his life on the line, Husky hesitated to take big risk just to wield a bigger reward. "You're probably right. Now that dying is a factor, I doubt everyone would take much risk." Husky shrugged. 

Now, with nothing else to do, the only thing left is to head back home, and ended the day. The two backtracked their footsteps inside the dark labyrinth under the prison Tartarus. On the way, Husky solemnly listened to Aereth's troubles. It's true that being a Red player means troubles. He's restricted to what area he could go, and god knows how the red players even cross from one floor to another without using the Teleportation Plaza inside the main settlements. Furthermore, players are more prone to avoid red players whenever possible, considering the risk of getting themselves killed. That makes Aereth's job all the more difficult to accomplish, given all the factors that inhibited him from doing his task.

Husky did recoiled slightly at Aereth's short outburst, but in that moment, he fixed his composure, and continued the conversation. "It's indeed rather sad to see so many players turn their cold shoulders away from others just because they don't want to get themselves intertwine with the problems. The fact that everyone now live in the same world, and username could be track down with a click of a button, there're even less motivation for people to openly helps one another." Husky gave a long sigh, remembered back to the times in his childhood. Many time he has saw kids walk away while their friends being beaten down by bullies. In the end, it's always him, fighting alone for people that he barely even known. But that was his nature, and it's hard to go against it.

"If we ever live through this...." There was a short paused. Husky stood still, his empty eyes gazed toward the dark abyssal space of the cavern floor. His mind raced to many path, each ended with a a different thoughts; a mixture of chaos added. Then, he spoke again, "Then you can have my world that I will work until the very limit of my ability, that I will bring these people to justice. They has taken lives of others, and those who die will see retribution." his words filled of determination, and courage. 

It was just like in the real world. Better not help somebody if that would mean that you could get yourself in trouble because of it. Better turn your back to the crimes that happen every day before you could loose something important to you. But that's also why Aereth now is so dangerous to all of them. In here he had nothing left to loose. He has cut ties with almost all of his friends, and joined forces with people that would fight for the same cause as he did. Together they would bring down the Black Adder and maybe even the Laughing Coffin. And Aereth would be the one to lead them into war. Shaking his head, in order to focus back on the conversation, Aereth told Husky. "My friend, you are smart, have courage and a good heart. Stay the way you are right now, and as soon as we get out of here, put as many killers behind bars as possible, me included. But don't do it for the dead." he said and walked past him. "The dead are dead, and they don't care if their murderers will be brought to justice.

Aereth then looked at the clock in his HUD. It was too early to call it a day, and to late to start walking back down to the fourth floor. After some moments he asked Husky. "But for now lets drop that matter. It's still pretty early, do you want to gather some materials for the rest of the day?"

@Husky

Husky nodded. Talking too much about this grim subject could risk getting it to your head. It's best to focus on the main task for now. Once everyone is out of this game, then Husky could worry about the players killing others. For the time being, they should put their concern on actually getting out alive, more than anything. "Yeah... it's probably for the best." The brunette nodded at his partner's suggestion. Maybe hunting for some extra materials could get their minds off the talk. 

"Not to be sound like a coward, but monsters usually scale based on the highest leveled player. Maybe you should take the lead, and I'll stay close behind for support." Husky spoke, strategized a small plan. He didn't want to rely on others much, but as long as Aereth is still in his party, Husky will have some difficulty fighting these monsters. 

"Good, then let's head out of this creepy prison. Yeah, no problem. Just stay close so we don't loose each other." Aereth answered, equipped his Discovery Ring, and turned to walk away. After a couple moments of silent walking, to get out of the prison, Aereth decided to cut the silence, in order to lighten the mood a little bit. "So what are your plans here in Aincrad? Do you have a shop? Or have you ever thought about joining a guild?" Aereth said, referring to the empty guild tag besides his name.

Suddenly he saw something shiny inside one of the many prison cells they were passing. Cautiously walking in, Aereth found a set of four chain like materials, he could use for some of the future armors he would be crafting in the future. "Sorry, but it seems like even in here are some materials that are just waiting to get grabbed." Aereth smiled at the silver warrior.

@Husky

ID# 83445 results:
Loot: 13+5

Materials: 4

At Aereth's question, Husky only shook his head. "Not quite. I have a shop back at the third floor, but you could hardly call it one. It's more of an excuse for me to get a roof over my head when i'm not travelling around. For guilds, not so much. Working with others is fun, but I don't think I'm ready to join a guild just yet." The brunette gave his partner his reasons. Part of it was true, while his reason for not joining a guild was rather vague. The truth is, Husky was rather scared that creating friendships and bonds with others surround him would only make their inevitable demise harder to take in. 

At the distance, the Silver Warrior could see what seemed like a group of skeletons, similar to those he had fought with earlier. These ones however, seemed much more dangerous. All four wore an old set of Samurai's armor, the plate were worn out, and withered. The skeletons, each carried with them a menacing spears. "Hostiles incoming." Husky spoke out, pointing toward the group of skeletons from a distance, which have not found them yet. Maybe the two could launch a surprise attack toward the monsters.

Aereth: 700/700 HP | 70/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU |
Husky: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 350/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 2: 350/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 3: 350/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 4: 350/350 HP | 105 DMG | 

Quietly listening to Husky's answer to his prior question, Aereth couldn't help but to chuckle a little bit. This reason to get a shop sounded quite familiar to him. Before he got his tailor profession, Aereth lived together with his mentor, and before that he lived on the streets. "Same here, but I came to see that it is quite useful to be able to craft you own items. And as for guilds, you should think about joining one sooner or later. Without the guidance and help of my guild I wouldn't be where I am today. They built me up from level one all the way to 35. Maybe if you are interressted you could also join the Celestial Ascendants. They're a bunch of good guys and gals, that have dedicated themselves to bringing up players to the frontlines."

Unfortunately the got once more intteruped by some stupid mobs. Looking in the direction Husky was pointing, he immediately replied with a short "Understood. Let's do it like the last time. I gather their attention and you attack them as long a s they are distracted." With that Aereth drew his blade and stormed forward to engage them. Launching up his area of effect sword art, Shadow Explosion, Aereth hit all of the four mobs in succession and took a defensive position, awaiting the incoming counter hits.

@Husky

ID# 84124 results:
Battle: 5+3
Damage: 12*11=108 DMG

Aereth: 700/700 HP | 60/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU | <<Shadow Explosion>>
Husky: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 242/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 2: 242/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 3: 242/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 4: 242/350 HP | 105 DMG | 

The four monsters all took a massive hit from Aereth. Their health bars dropped a good portion. His blade clashed against the withered armor plates of the skeletons. The monsters let out loud hisses, their weapons brandished. All four took a swing at the rogue-like warrior; however, Aereth was too close in the middle, and he was able to dodge them with ease. all four missed, as they continued to circle around him. 

Husky had readied himself, and now that Aereth is in the middle of the fray and got their attention, now he only need to attack. However, while charging toward the monsters from behind, Husky couldn't land an attack. One of the skeleton had its spear raised backward when it get into position for another wave of incoming attack toward Aereth, and because of that, Husky was forced to stop, before he rammed himself into the spear. "Crap... cant attack now or else I'll get caught mid swing." Husky cursed under his tongue. He stood still and waited for another opening, only hoped that Aereth wouldn't be in too much troubles if he get caught.

@Aereth

ID: 84137
MOB: 4 (Missed)
BD: 1 (Missed)

Aereth [Hate: 1]: 700/700 HP | 61/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU |
Husky [Hate: 0]: 340/340 HP | 32/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 218/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 2: 218/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 3: 218/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 4: 218/350 HP | 105 DMG | 

Edited by Husky

Easily dodging the generic attacks of the mobs, Aereth retreated back a few steps, in order to let Husky also have some fun with the four un-dead creatures. Didn't every gamer want to fight some Zombies at some point of time. Aereth for himself often played zombie slaying games, and found himself slightly amused by the setting of this fight. It was a challenging battle, but not hopeless. Even though they were two to one outnumbered, it still wasn't a life threatening battle. Like the Rovian Wars boss... Aereth frowned, and quickly shook his bad thoughts away, going in for another area of effect attack on the four skeletons. His sword glowed in a dark blue color, and the brunette swiftly danced through the four mobs without problems, slicing at each of them a couple of times before turning his attention to the next. Slowly but surely he started to pant. It was an exhausting task to cast one area of effect sword art after the other, but fortunately they would be done in some hits.

ID# 84373 results:

Battle: 9
Damage: 13*9 = 117 DMG <<Shadow Explosion>>

Aereth [Hate: 3]: 700/700 HP | 36/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU |
@Husky [Hate: 0]: 340/340 HP | 32/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 125/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 2: 125/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 3: 125/350 HP | 105 DMG | 
Fallen Samurai 4: 125/350 HP | 105 DMG |

The four monsters take swing at Aereth again. The warrior seemingly dodge with no effort This time, Husky saw his chance joining in the fight, and he was able to capture that moment. As the monsters continued to miss after Aereth had unleashed his barraged of strikes at them, Husky found the perfect chance to get in the middle. Leaping in the middle of the four monsters, Husky activated his sword art. His fist glowed in fiery red as he spun and swept his leg against all the monsters. All four fallen, crumbled to pieces on the ground.Their bones drawn away from the two warriors, giving them some spaces as they reassembled to their former selves. Taking stance beside Aereth, Husky readied for the next wave of attack coming. 

"You're holding up all four of them very well on your own." Husky gave his companion a complement. Aereth has really done an outstanding job fending himself off from all four monsters. Husky would've never made it on his own. 

ID: 84387
MOB: 6-3 (Missed)
BD: 8+1 (Hit)

@Aereth [Hate: 3]: 700/700 HP | 36/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU |
Husky [Hate: 1]: 340/340 HP | 20/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 65/350 HP | 105 DMG | ( - (10 x Tornado Kick: 1x6) = -60 DMG)
Fallen Samurai 2: 65/350 HP | 105 DMG | ( - (10 x Tornado Kick: 1x6) = -60 DMG)
Fallen Samurai 3: 65/350 HP | 105 DMG | ( - (10 x Tornado Kick: 1x6) = -60 DMG)
Fallen Samurai 4: 65/350 HP | 105 DMG | ( - (10 x Tornado Kick: 1x6) = -60 DMG)

Edited by Husky

Aereth couldn't help but grin, at the compliment Husky shot his way. "Belief me, once you have done as much fighting as I have up until now, you will be much stronger than I am right now, my friend." Aereth replied before, closing in on the mobs again. And this wasn't just an empty praise. The man was using the material arts skill, which was one of the highest single target DPS skills in the game currently. Aereth had long thought about grandmastering said skill as well, in order to be more flexible on the battlefield, so maybe the two of them could do a friendly sparring match at some point in time... Shoving these thoughts to the side for now, Aereth only focused on taking down the last four zombies. His blade glowed one more time, and after Aereth was done with the sword art, all four mobs scattered into pieces, leaving nothing but some good loot for Aereth and Husky. "Seems like we are done for now... I hope that no mobs spawn in the next couple of minutes... I need a break." Aereth huffed, and sheathed his blade.

ID# 84404 results:
Battle: 5+3
Damage: 12*9 = 108 DMG <<Shadow Explosion>>

Aereth [Hate: 3]: 700/700 HP | 19/70 EN | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 FLA AU |
@Husky [Hate: 0]: 340/340 HP | 32/34 EN | 10 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

V.S.

Fallen Samurai 1: 0/350 HP | 105 DMG |
Fallen Samurai 2: 0/350 HP | 105 DMG |
Fallen Samurai 3: 0/350 HP | 105 DMG |
Fallen Samurai 4: 0/350 HP | 105 DMG |

Loot Roll:

ID# 84405 results:
Craft: 7
Loot: 20+2

Every player receives:

• 2*3*350 = 2100 Col
  • 2 Perfect T1 Armors

Without a second word, Aereth rushed back in to finish up the rest of the Skeletons. Each strike he landed drain the last bit of their health bar away. All four crumbled to the ground, this time, they burst to millions of pixel fragments. 

Once the battle has ended, Husky let out a relieving sigh, relaxed his stance and dropped his fighting composure. "Yeah. I'll keep watch to see if there's any other coming." The brunette nodded, as the two moved off the walkway and settled near a small boulder nearby. Husky had thought about Aereth's complement. Would he really going to become stronger than he is. He doubt it would ever really happen anytime soon. He still have a long way to go. For the moment, he'll still need to work really hard to get to where he wanted.

"I was wondering. If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning on next after this expedition?" Husky asked, his back leaned against the rock surface, looking out to the field for any other monsters coming toward them. "I'll probably get some rest after this journey end. After so many days working, I think some good food and a warm bed would do the job." The warrior continued. It's been a long while since he has gone back home, and at the moment, home would be the only destination he could think off.

"Thanks, man." Aereth answered casually while he sheathed his blade again. His energy bar was almost completely empty, and it would take quite some time until that bar would be full again. Raising an eyebrow at Husky's question, Aereth started to think about how he would proceed after the would have made their way out of the prison. "To be honest, some resting would be really awesome, but I think this won't be possible so soon for me. You see, this floor and this quest, has been more of a 'drive by thing' for me. I'm actually trying to get up a couple of floors in order to take some of the more challenging quests. And it was convenient that I was able to finish a quest on this floor. So practically, I'll just see, if I can find myself a shabby inn outside of the safe zones, rest there for some time and then proceed to climb the to the higher floors. Well, if I'm able to find a inn..." Aereth said.

Posts until full energy: 1/3

@Husky

"Fair point. I don't see who would like to chose a dark humid cave as their ideal place to stay." Husky shrugged. Peering over the small boulder that they're hiding behind, Husky scanned the field for any stray monsters that would come toward their way. All he see was an emptied path, void of any creature. "At the very least, there're no monsters spawning around us at the moment. That'd give us more time to rest up." The brunette turned his attention to his partner. 

Aereth did mentioned of going to higher floors. It does give Husky some idea of Aereth levels. He couldn't tell exactly what his level is, but through what Aereth implied, the brunette could only guess that his companion was at least level 30, if not higher. He seemed more capable to handled himself, more than anyone he had met so far, so it also suggest Aereth is part of the frontline fighters. But Husky couldn't tell for sure. Either way, it's still reassuring to know there's someone of higher level that him tagging along. 

Aereth let out a loud laugh, when Husky mentioned that nobody would like to sleep in dark humid caves. "Most of the time, the inn rooms I usually stay in can be described like that. Dark, humide caves." after the his laughing died down again, he added. "But at least you don't have to fear that you are attacked by mobs, and the doors are lockable, which means that you can get at least some peaceful hours of sleep, without the fear to be torn apart by mobs or other players." After that Aereth closed his eyes for a couple of moments, thinking about getting himself a sh*tton of teleport crystals, the next time he would meet up with his fellow alchemist. As much as Aereth liked traveling through the floors, if something important would happen on another floor, he most probably would be too late if he didn't use any kind of method for faster traveling...

@Husky

• 1 month later...

Husky could only nod. He knew about the punishment for being a red player. It's a big penalty, but it's only fair for someone to pay the expensive price for taking another's life. Husky didn't blame Aereth for what he had done, but there was a better option, the option that Aereth had ignored, and he paid the price for it. There's nothing much Husky could have said. For the time, he still kept an eye out for potential enemy spawning around them. The brunette could see a few skeletons -those similar to the ones they had taken down- being generated back to the area. He could only hope that they won't wander closer toward their direction.

"Aereth, I must ask..." Husky called out for his partner, his focus remained lock onto the monsters around the area. "Since as a red player, you can't enter town and cities, how do you use Teleport Crystals. The destinations are usually set in the city central area or town squares. Where would you end up if you use one, or you can't use them at all?" He continued. It was one few things that had troubled him for a while. Now that he have a chance to talk to a Red player in person, it's his only chance.

Aereth laughed. He laughed heartily for the first time in forever. Nobody had asked him this question up until now. Not even his few friends. "Haha. And I was thinking now comes something more serious. But here you go, asking where the crystals drop me. Hehe. But its a good question. Most of the standard teleport crystals drop me randomly anywhere on the floor, but the more expensive ones I have drop me exactly at the shops of my friends that have set their privacy settings so that orange players are allowed to enter their shops. So at least sometimes I know where they drop me off." The brunette said, still slightly chuckling. "If you want we can continue. Let's just get out of this place and get some training and rest." Aereth wanted to get some more training done, and Husky also wanted some rest, so the earlier they got back to the safe zone, the earlier both of them would get what they want. Sleep and experience.

@Husky