[F1-PP] <<The first few lessons are free>> (Shepard, Spidey) [complete]

Spoiler

The<<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Image result for D&D innkeeper

Background Information - An old NPC man, dubbed 'Zackariah', is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basic's of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
-Go fetch five(5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah.

(Go into the wild and gain materials though non-combat gathering and by rolling the LD, and linking it to a post. These materials are then given to the NPC)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion.

(Roll the CD by linking it to a post.)1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success)| 7-9(Rare Quality-Success)| 10-12(Perfect Quality-Success)
[Zackariah will give players materials until they roll a success, but the player is helping him, so he keeps the crafted potion(s).] [Zackariah is kind hearted, and will not berate the player should they fail, merely try to talk them through to process and help them]

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith

-The Blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf, thanks you and says he could use your help on another matter 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Players can find Materials by rolling the LD(11+)
-Must RP traveling to his workshop and from Zackariah's place to Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 2.

(Please note, this only works for quest materials. If you find more than you needed this way, you do not get to keep them because this LR roll amount is reduced for the quest only. All other non-combat gathering needs to conform to the standard rules. You CANNOT selectively choose whether it's a quest material or not. )

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded the following items
    - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 5 materials)

Recommended Level: 1

Walking around the town of beginnings Shepard let out a long yawn he hadn't been sleeping very well the last few days mainly because he was sleeping on benches and under trees due to his lack of funds to rent a room at one of the inns in town but at least it was better than sleeping out of town 'that would be suicidal' thought Shepard sarcastically and secondly he had been having a recurring nightmare where he had finally found Juni only for her to die in his arms but as soon as she shattered he would wake up to find it was just a dream. "well I need to make some money because I really don't feel like sleeping outside tonight" he spoke through yet another yawn and stretching out his arms for the sun to bath him in the morning rays. "Wait a second" looking up at the sun he could clearly see that it was well into the morning "oh crap baskets it's already this late in the day how am I supposed to get something substantial done before nightfall" Shepard had to think quickly if he wanted to get something done it would need to be simple and easy something even a newbie could do and thats when he realized he still hadn't done the beginners quests 'well I guess it will have to do now what was the place it was located at wasn't it an alchemy shop shouldn't be too hard to find' but what he didn't realize was that he had just jinxed himself.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Were is this shop' Shepard thought as he moved through the town of beginning's in the morning sun. It was early morning and barely anyone was on the streets the perfect time to get things done without attracting unnecessary attention. He had been looking for a shop owned by a man named Zakaria but unfortunately Shepard was having a difficult time finding the place. "It may be a good idea to bring someone else so they can get some experience" mumbling under his breath he brought up his friends list quickly typing a message to a friend he made on his first day here. 

(Hey Spidey I've got a quest that seems promising if you want to join me meet me at the market.)

Pressing send he sat in the shade of a nearby oak tree and waited patiently for Spidey to arrive. Pulling his sword out and stabbing it into the ground 'maybe he will prove to be a reliable friend and source for me.'

Spidey was walking around the edge of the market. He heard there was a quest around that area so he decided to do it. He sees Shepherd sitting under a nearby oak tree. Before he could call out he got a message. It was from Shepherd. 

(Hey Spidey I've got a quest that seems promising if you want to join me meet me at the market.)

'Mabey he is talking about the same quest.' Spidey decides not to waste any time. After all, how many chances do you get to have when scaring someone you just met the day before. That and he felt mischievous. He circles around so he's behind Shepherd. He quietly walks up and peaks around the tree. "Hey, Shepherd! How're you doin' and what's the quest. I was really close when you sent that message, so no I didn't run." Spidey said with a creepy grin and mischievous eyes. 

Shepard's mind had started to wander again going back to the thought of were Juni might be, he hasn't seen her anywhere on the first floor so she must be on one of the higher floors 'that means that I need to gain more levels so I can find her' by now Shepard was so deep in thought that he didn't even notice a figure slipping behind the tree he was sitting under as he  was just starting to relax under the shade of the tree when Spidey came out behind it trying to scare him or so it seemed. "oh hey there Spidey I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon," reacting very calmly to Spidey's surprise still siting in the shade leaning against the tree he continued "but lets get to business the quest I mentioned is given by an old NPC man by the name of Zachariah, his shop is supposed to be around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it" standing up and brushing the dirt off of his pants he started off towards the center of the market are to get a better view. Looking back of his shoulder he called out to Spidey "come on lets get this show on the road!"

Edited by Lawrence

Who knew, they were planning on doing the same quest. 'Let's get get this show on the road'? When was he born? Spidey followed Shepherd through the market. It was time for him to get serious. On any quest, no matter the quest and no matter how small, he always gets serious. His face lost all sense of humor as he focused on the task at hand. "Shepherd, lets create a team so we don't get split up. Ok with you?" Spidey thought I'd be the most convenient action to take. He opened up his menu and sent the team request. Then he sees the place where the quest is located. "Jet. That's the place." Spidey starts walking towards the shop. "Come on Jet. It's time to start." Spidey was ready. Was Shepherd? "It's Game time."

Edited by JD

Shepard just couldn't find the shop they were all the same to him the only difference was the signs they were all different in color size and shape. "You would think for someone that studied medieval life I'd be able to find a simple alchemy store." Saying this in an almost sarcastic tone he realized that Spidey had just asked him to join a party with the screen popping up in front of him he hesitated "why not." And with that he mashed the accept button on the screen. He hadn't even realized he walked right past their destination until Spidey called out for him "did you just call me Jet?" Asking him in a questioning voice as he moved to the shop it seemed like a regular store campared to the others it didn't look that great for a quest givers shop but as soon as he walked in his opinion changed quickly. The smell was the first thing he noticed it was indescribable and this inside look even more so it looked like it had every kind of potion in the game. There seemed to be no one here so Shepard walked up to the counter that was situated in the middle of the room effectively citing it in half. He leaned over it to see if anyone was behind it 'nothing' he straightened up a little and knocked on the counter "anyone home!" After a minute or to an elderly man peeked around a corner in the back "oh hi there you must be looking to buy some potions, I tell you what if you can bring me say five materials each I'll give both of you some of the good stuff how does that sound." As the old man finished a quest screen popped up asking if we wanted to accept or not. Looking over to Spidey "sounds easy enough shall we?" 

((OOC- sorry for the long post trying to get some of this dialogue over with oh and underlined bold is what I'm going to use for when someone else is talking to us ))

'He asks like we have a choice.' "Do we have a choice if we want to level?" Spidey accepts the quest with Shepherd. "As for the nickname Jet, you didn't answer me when I asked for your name. So I nicknamed you Jet because I needed something to call you. So Jet stuck in my mind even after you told me your name." Spidey thought it was weird that Shepherd didn't ask earlier. They had left the shop and were heading out to collect the materials. Spidey hates boring quests. Unfortunately, that's what this quest is turning out to be. He started to become silent. On any quest, Spidey only asks the necessary questions. He looks over to Shepherd and notices a little smile. "Jet, what's with that smile? This is a boring quest. There's no fight and no reason to smile." He want to get this one over fast. He starts to walk a little faster than Shepherd. "Let's get this quest over with." Spidey says as they approach the area that they can gather the items. "Time to find the items." 

((OOC) good luck. Sorry for taking so long.)

When Spidey pressed the accept button Shepard turned back to the old man "we'll be back with the materials in a little while." Turning back to the door he started to walk out but not before the old man was able to get some words out "by the way my name is Zacharia and good luck to you." The old NPC man said as they walked out "jet huh... I like it man it's better than saying Shepard all the time I bet just don't get other players calling me that." at this point Shepard had already started on his way down the street and towards the gate that separates the town of beginning's and the plains. "Hey it would probably be a good idea to search outside of town for mats." Taking the lead he started towards the the entrance to the plains. 'This is going to be too easy.'

ID#80372

LD: 10 fail :(

((OOC- go ahead and post and sorry for the short reply I've been busy.))

Edited by Lawrence

Shepherd said 'This is going to be to easy'. Seriously? "You idiot. Now it's jinxed. I wouldn't be surprised if it took us all day because of what you said." What kind of an idiot says stuff like that? It was still pretty early in the afternoon. It It was a really clear day with not a cloud in the sky. It seems peaceful. A few birds fly overhead. He felt a little at ease here in in this field. But, either way he need to get busy. He doesn't want to be an an idiot and just randomly wander for herbs. He thinks about the most logical way to do this. He decides to go in a row by row fashion. He decides to tell Shepherd to do the same. "Hey Shepherd. Go in a row by row fashion. It'll be faster." He hoped that this would be a fast one. He started 10 feet to the the left of where he originally was standing and would go 20 feet before starting on the next row. 

ID# 80779

LD : 6 

Edited by JD

Hearing Spidey's response Shepard couldn't help but laugh out loud a little "well maybe we will maybe we won't." As he finished he took notice of a shadow moving across the plains looking he saw a small bird that seemed to be heading to a nearby tree 'might as well check' looking back to Spidey to let him know "hey, Spidey I'm gonna check over by the tree." Pointing towards the tree so that he knew were he would be. As Shepard was walking over to the tree the bird disappeared into it the tree itself wasn't much different from a dogwood it looked about the same as one. As soon as he walked under the tree the shot out of it's hiding place and into the sky leaving behind a mess of twigs leaves and a feather. "Hey Spidey i think I've found one" picking up the feather he examined the item it was blue with a hint of black at the tip. Moving back to Spidey he placed it into his inventory so he wouldn't loose it. "Having any luck?"

ID#81309

LD 13

Spoiler

Mats

1/5 Shepard

0/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence

"hey, Spidey I'm gonna check over by the tree." Shepherd went over to an old knarled tree. Spidey thought that Shepherd might have found something. Suddenly a bird flew out. It seemed to startle Shepherd. Shepherd bent down to grab something. Then Shepherd walked back over to Spidey.  "Hey Spidey I think I've found one". 'Lucky bast*rd. Why does he find the first item'. Shepherd then put the item that looks like a crater in his inventory. Probably to keep it safe. Then stops in front of Spidey and says. "Having any luck?" Spidey shook his head and continued walking. It wasn't looking like it was a good start. "No, it's understandable considering this quest is foe people with low levels to start with. Frankly I'm surprised you found one as fast as you did." Spidey thought that this place might be picked clean right now, but they can't give up hope. He continued to search. But he couldn't find anything yet.

ID# 81316

LD: 8

Edited by JD

Hearing what Spidey said made Shepard think about how if it was hard for them to find a few materials he couldn't imagine what it was like for Frontline players this brought him back to the thought of Juni she was always better at games than he was even after he got into them "she must be in heaven right now" not realizing that he said this aloud he chuckled a bit before his eyes caught sight of another feather falling on the ground in front of him, crouching down to pick it up he took notice of a very familiar bird perched on a outcropping of rocks not ten feet from them it was the same one that he startled back at the tree. "Hey Spidey let's check over by those rocks we might have better luck at finding mats over there." He placed the other feather in his inventory and started to walk to the rocks "what do you think the Frontline players go through on a daily basis?" He only asked this to pass the time and get to know him a little.

ID#81349

LD 18

Spoiler

Mats

2/5 Shepard

0/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence

Shepherd accidentally spoke his thoughts out loud. 'she must be in heaven right now' Who was he talking about. Must be the same person who he thought blamed him. Shepherd bent down and found another item. 'Damn it. How lucky is he?' Shepherd then looked up. His gaze landed on a bird. Then he looked towards some rocks and seemed to get an idea. "Hey Spidey let's check over by those rocks we might have better luck at finding mats over there." Shepherd started to walk towards to rocks. He seemed to think for a moment then said to Spidey. "what do you think the Frontline players go through on a daily basis?" Spidey didn't know why he was asking. "They probably have 1st picks of every quest, not to mention that they collect a lot of information and level a lot. Hectic yet peaceful." By Now they made it to the rocks. "You asked because of that girl you just mentioned. She the same person you thought might blame and hate you." Spidey couldn't find anything yet. 

ID# 81512

LD: 6

Edited by JD

As they reached the rocks the bird flew away again leaving them to search for materials. On the rocks there was nothing 'dang bird is it messing with me' looking back to Spidey he started "well looks like a bust let's keep walking maybe we will find something" as he walked he listened to Spidey's answer to his question "yeah they probably do, hectic yet peaceful" his mind stuck to that one word "peaceful" he whispered to himself. Shepard stopped immediately when Spidey asked his question a look of pain as he remembered his guilt he was the reason it was his fault she was here. "It's all my fault" a look of pain was on his face it was as if his heart had just been torn out "she was always the better gamer" he stopped to take a breath "I was saying she was probably in heaven being here she loved games it was her life and now it really is because of me" forcing himself to revert back to his normal demeanor he turned to Spidey with his normal expression on his face "sorry about that I don't know what got in me lets keep moving." And with that he continued on walking.

ID#81516

LD 6

Spoiler

Mats

2/5 Shepard

0/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence

Shepherd seemed to get depressed. "It's all my fault" a look of pain was on his face it was as if his heart had just been torn out "she was always the better gamer" Shepherd stopped to take a breath "I was saying she was probably in heaven being here, she loved games it was her life and now it really is because of me" Shepherd seemed to himself his normal demeanor he turned to Spidey with his normal expression on his face "sorry about that I don't know what got in me lets keep moving." Shepherd continued on walking. But Spidey couldn't let that go. "Shepherd, wait. From what I've learned so far about you and this person, let me get this straight. Tell me if I'm wrong, but this girl is someone close to you, a friend or your sister. You grew up together. You convinced her to play this game and now you blame yourself because you feal like it's your fault she's stuck here, right?" Spidey was saying this to prove a point, but for the point to get through he had to rip those defenses down. Guilt is like a stab wound. Just wrapping it up won't let it heal. You need to stitch it back together. And while he was talking, he was searching for mats. "It's not your fault. When we first met, you decided not to tell me. I still respect that. But you aren't going to live much longer holding guilt in. It will crush you. I don't want a friend of mine to suicide when I could have done something to prevent it. I don't judge people for things they can't control. Only the actions they can. You wanted to have fun with her in here. You had no idea. It's not your fault. If someone says it is, then they are absolute morons. You said games were her life? She probably loves it here. The perfect escape from reality. " Spidey couldn't find anything while he was talking, but Shepherd stopped being stoic and seemed a little lost in thought. 

ID# 81560

LD: 4

Edited by JD

Shepard thought the subject had been dropped and kept walking but Spidey stopped and kept it going asking how he knew her in the real world. "Yes she was a close friend she got me into gaming but I'm the one who talked her into going into this game that afternoon she wanted to wait until the morning and go in then Im the reason me and Juni are stuck here." Shepard had stopped to answer him keeping his stern demeanor as he spoke only stopping to make sure Spidey was listening. He thought for sure Spidey was done but far from it as he tried to make Shepard stop feeling guilty. "Im sorry but your wrong my guilt has kept me alive it gives me the drive to stay alive and find her" pausing to look up at the sky he continued while he stared into the distance "your very intuitive Spidey in many ways that is a good thing but not all people are like me some don't take it lightly when you ask the hard questions but as long as you're around me don't worry about it." He looked back at Spidey still stern faced "so don't worry about me I'm not gonna get myself killed and let's worry about getting this quest done before it gets dark." Looking around he didn't see anything that looked like it could be a mat "let's keep moving forward it doesn't seem like there is anything here." And with that Shepard started walking again.

ID# 81581 

LD 2

Spoiler

Mats

2/5 Shepard

0/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence

Shepherd made it clear that this topic was over. Spidey understood immediately that Shepherd was wasn't gonna say anything more about Juni. But now at least he had a name. 'Why is it that hard to get information out of him. Is he still wondering if I can trust him. Well at least I got a bit of the story. But why weren't they together on day one?' There were to many holes for Spidey to get an accurate profile but he guessed that they got split during the mass teleport on day one. "I don't intentionally ask hard questions, but I'm not gonna doge question or dance around the big question. I get straight to the point and will be honest. Your luckier then me though. You have something to strive for, someone to look for. A reason. I came in alone. I hope you fine your Juni." Spidey decided to end it with that. He started to get frustrated with this quest. 'Why is gathering materials this hard!?!?! It should be easier then a kill quest!' Spidey decided to ask Shepherd a question "I don't know why but I can't find any mats around here. Should we go to the edge of the field? We might have better luck there but I not sure it will help or not." He decided to leave the decision up to Shepherd. Since Shepherd has 2 already, it seemed best to listen to him. 

ID# 81585

LD: 5

Edited by JD

This quest was proving to be more difficult than he expected Shepard only managed to find two materials and it seemed that the way they were going wasn't going to yield anything different. He stopped and looked around they were getting further and further away from the town and it was already late into the day "we need to hurry let's try going the way you suggested and head back to the town from there" starting to the edge of the plains he decided it might be a good idea to try and understand Spidey a little more he seemed to be very observant and kept quiet about himself and worried about how Shepard was dealing with his guilt "so sense you know a little about me I want to hear about you what got you into this game?" Making sure to keep moving while he talked only stopping to look for anything that could be used as materials and to push his hair back when it got in his way which was frequently.

ID#81596

LD 8

Spoiler

Mats

2/5 Shepard

0/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence

'So he wants info on me? Bout time. I'd thought he'd ask earlier when I asked about him.' still walking along the edge of the field, Spidey starts to explain. "I was bullied in school. All grades. I had very few friends. Life was basically h*ll for me. Books, games, and TV show were my escape. Anything that deviated from reality. I can't hate the bullies though. They help me get stronger each time I got back up. I matured a lot faster because of the bullies and all of the books and games. Because of them, I learned to read people. I Learned to hide my emotions behind a mask so good I almost fool myself. VR games were the perfect escape. Instead of 'living as the character" in a book, I actually live as the character in VR. I skipped school to play this game. Ironically, the reality I escaped from is no longer my reality. I can't hate the creator for creating a world like this. I wouldn't choose to live in it though. And I hate that he dragged others into his fantasy. I skipped school to play this game. My mom, dad, sister and the few friends I have are waiting." Spidey was walking around a big rock when he spotted a mushroom. He stopped and picked it up. "Hey, Shepherd. I found a mat. It's a mushroom." Spidey then put it into his inventory. 'Now I need four more materials. And Shepherd needs 3 more'

ID# 82085

LD:14

Edited by JD

While Shepard searched the plains for materials he listened to the life story of Spidey "yeah, I wasn't the most popular in school either I was going to be graduating and going to college to major in medival architechture but now I don't know, I remember when all I had to worry about was my next grade and now I've got to worry about my next step and what monster is around the corner that wants to kill me." Climbing up the rock Spidey walked around to get a better view. Shepard looked around to see few other players outside of the town "I feel as if our lives in reality prepared us for this world" realizing what he just said he smiles "that's funny I just thought about it so many people want to clear this game and get back to their reality when the truth is that this world is our reality" looking at Spidey he sees him pick up what looks to be a mushroom by the looks of it. "Hey, looks like you found one" jumping of the rock and landing beside Spidey he stars walking in the direction of the town. "Let's start back to town and search along the wall."

ID#82097

LD 8 (fail)

Spoiler

Mats

2/5 Shepard

1/5 Spidey

Edited by Lawrence