[F1-PP] <<The first few lessons are free>> (Shepard, Spidey) [complete]

“Spidey, we got a bogie on our six, run!!” When the dark shape was charging Spidey didn’t even question Shepherd. He just ran. Once they made it back to the town, Spidey wasn’t as chatty. After reaching Zachariah's shop, Shepherd did most of the talking. Giving Zachariah the materials and explaining the monster that chased them back. What surprised him was the free lesson on alchemy. ‘It wasn’t even his fault!’ Nevertheless, Shepherd took a shot... and failed. ‘Is it that hard?’ Spidey didn’t think so. It seemed pretty easy to him. “Dang it. Hey Spidey, why don’t you give it a try?” “Sure, how hard can it be?” Spidey gathered up the materials and started crafting a potion. He started by grinding up the dry materials, then after heating up the liquid, mixed them together in a vial. “Ohh. It’s a perfect quality. I guess that means I succeeded. This is much easier compared to actually gathering the materials.” And to Spidey it was. “Looks like we now have to wait on you. Completely different from earlier.” At least he got lucky at something. 

ID# 105350

Craft: 10.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Spidey succeed at crafting the potion on his first try Shepard couldn't feel a little embarrassed all day he had been one step ahead of Spidey but now he was a step behind "would you like to try again young man" asked Zachariah. "Sure, why not" walking up to the table once again Shepard decided to take a play from Spidey's playbook. He started by grinding up a mushroom he picked up earlier today, then after heating up some water, he mixed them together in a vial. After he corked the vial a notification popped up tell him that he successfully crafted a perfect quality potion "well it would seem you have better alchemical instincts than me Spidey" handing over the vial to the older man Shepard said "if that is all.." but before he could finish the old alchemist interrupted him "before you go I have one last request would you take this package to my friend Lyle he is a blacksmith on the other side of town, I would do it myself but I'm far to busy thanks to you two getting me these materials." Shepard rolled his eyes then looked towards Spidey and then back at Zachariah "sure we can" he replied as he grabbed the box. As they were heading out the door Zachariah spoke again "oh, I almost forgot when you get to Lyle there is something inside the package for you two and good luck on your journeys." While they walked across town Shepard pondered on the question Spidey asked himself earlier in the shop "well I know one thing as soon as I finish this quest I'm going to find the nearest tree and fall out" he let out a small chuckle as he said the words.

Spoiler

ID:105351

CD:10

Edited by Lawrence

After Shepherd took a page out of his book and crafted a perfect quality potion, Spidey was a bit happy. His method worked again. All he did was do what he thought he remembered from other games. As they were about to walk out, Zachariah gave them another quest. They had to deliver a package to Lyle the blacksmith. “well I know one thing as soon as I finish this quest I'm going to find the nearest tree and fall out”. Shepherd said as he chuckled.  Spidey was curious. “Why fall out and not pass out?” It may have been dark out but the twin had street lights that made it easier to see. So the didn’t have much of a chance of getting lost. “I wonder what he gave us. Do you think it might have been the perfect quality potions we crafted? If so, that would be cool.” Spidey thought it would have to be something related to potions. He just didn’t know what. 

"Well I guess it's the same thing but yeah getting some sleep would be the objective" answering his question as they searched for the smithy. Shepard took note of a bench under a nearby oak tree closer to the center of the market "well that looks decent enough" talking underneath his breath hoping Spidey hadn't heard him he didn't want his friend to worry about any more than he already was. Shepard was about to ask him something but he saw a sign that caught his eye it looked like a hammer striking an anvil with leaves floating around in the background "check that out, if that doesn't scream blacksmith with leaf in his name I don't know what does" knocking on the door to the shop he waited for about three minutes until another older man answered the door he was wearing a black apron and brown leather gloves with tears and soot all over them "come on in" as they walked in they could see assortments off weapons and armour varying from swords to axes and even some gauntlets that didn't look like they were used for defense "Zachariah said he would send someone to deliver my order of crafting potions" taking the package from Shepard he set it up on the counter and took out the vials he ordered and stores them in a cupboard. Returning to the box he pulls out their potions and handed them to Shepard and Spidey "there you guys go and one more thing, are y'all looking for more work"

Spoiler

Quest rewards:

Shepard: 4 SP , 400 col

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Spidey: 4 SP , 400 col

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Lawrence