Silence, Fist, Rock (F2-Breaking The unbreakable) (Finished)

Sky had recently heard about a story about a NPC who awarded you a extra skill, one that he wanted. Martial Arts. He was good at fighting in real life, and he wanted something in game that he could have, even if it was just a skill, that helped him remember who he was.... But there was one issue with this whole thing........

IT WAS ON A MOUNTAIN! 

I HATE HEIGHTS, THINK CALMING THOUGHTS, CALMING THOUGHTS He thinks as he climbs up the mountain, he had been at this for ages, going slowly to not risk falling. At the summit there was meant to be the npc, the NPC who would help him earn a bit of his old life back. He wanted it... so bad.... Then he saw the top! 

YES

Sky quickly latched onto the edge of the summit, pulling himself up and falling on his back, panting in relief as he tried to regain his senses, now not hanging off the dam cliff. 

Just a few minutes....

Edited by Stryder
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few minutes of rest, Sky got up, looking around the mountain. He could see a hut, which he was guessing had the NPC he needed to talk to... inside.... He had climbed all this way for that, and he needed to get started on this quest. He walks towards the hut, gulping as he goes in. 

"Umm... im here for the martial arts quest?" He says as he walks in, seeing a old man who he guessed was the NPC. He watched the NPC turn around, and reply to him.

"You are here to learn Martial Arts?" He asks, Sky gulping in response. He didn't want to say yes... he was worried about how hard this would be... what would he actually need to do? How was this going to work? Was he actually going to need to do all the martial arts moves???? He gulped again, then gave him his answer.

"Yes i am" He responds. He then watches as the NPC gets up, walking over to him, bowing to him and then leading him outside. Sky followed, sighing, ready for whatever this challenge threw at him.

The NPC leads him towards a rock. A big rock. A rock that from the look of it was about... two meters high, and one and a half meters wide.... He really hoped this wasn't it, but then he listened to the old man explain what he had to do. He had to break the rock in two, using only his fists. It seemed simple enough.... but he only did like, no damage with his sword, how was he going to do this with his fists??? Or feet, but he just.... Why....

"I accept the quest" He says afterwards, his log showing he accepted it. The old man proccedded to put the mentioned paint on his face,the whiskers making him sneeze a little as it dried. He didn't like this feeling.... He watched as the old man walked away, presumioubly to greet any others who wanted to come do this quest... meanwhile here he was... at the rock.... 

"Well, time to start... time to break a rock!!" He yells, pulling his fist back and moving towards the rock...

BAM

The rock takes a direct hit, and... his fist didn't hurt....? 

Huh

---------

ID: 804417 Battle: 7

Stryder - HP 60/ Energy 6

Rock - HP 49/50

Sky was suprised, his fist didn't hurt at all. He managed to actually hit the rock, and there was a light dent in it, not to big, but he had actually damaged it! In his excitement, he ran towards it, putting his foot out to kick it, moving as fast as he could, wanting just to smash this rock, only to bounce right off and land on his back. Groaning as he got up, he stares at the rock. That dam thing... he had to be more careful, otherwise this was going to be the end of his sanity, AND HE JUST STARTED...

Wonder how people have done this! He thought as he looked at the dam bolder, wishing he could do this with a sword. This was so embarrassing.... he had just got knocked on his ass by a rock... how.... Just... He didn't know what to think... the rock.... was just.... why.....

ID# 80442 results:

Battle: 1

Stryder - HP 60/ Energy 6

Rock - HP 49/50

Edited by Stryder

Sky was angry, he had just gotten knocked on his ass by a rock. Getting up, he went back for a little, going back a bit, before turning around, sprinting towards the rock, punching it as hard as he could. He felt the impact right on his hand, but instead of bouncing off, the rock shook, showing he had managed to damage it again. This rock had a lot of Hp, he could see the bar... He hadn't even done anything to it yet, it had just... taken the hit.... again....

I mean, it is a rock.... i can't expect to break it that easily.... but come on.... break.... He thought, sighing as he thought about life. He knew this was going to be a long day, just like the days he had to do in the real world when he had nothing to do except laze around. He missed those days....

ID# 80443 results:

Battle: 6 (Hit)

Rock - HP 48/50

Edited by Stryder

Is this worth it... this rock is invincible! Im barely even scratching it! 

Sky grunts loudly in anger, shouting at the rock, wanting it to break. This thing... he... just.. didn't know what to do... He needed this, more than anything right now, he needed this. He needed this to help keep people alive, and he wanted to keep people alive!!! He wanted to let his anger loose, so he pulled his fist back, reared it back, and....

Smack

The rock took a smashing hit, rocking a bit as he landed a cracking blow, literally.... though it was so small it was barely even noticeable. He grunted in anger, leaning against the rock. He wanted help.... he wanted help breaking this thing... at this rate it seemed like he would have no sanity left by the time he broke it!!! He had damaged it, but so far.... it wasn't loooking good. He aws going to go insane!!!!

ID# 80532 results:

Battle: 9 (Critical Hit + 1 damage)

Rock - HP 46/50

Edited by Stryder

After that hit, Sky felt proud of himself. He had put a crack in the dam thing, and he planned to make it bigger. Sky went to take another punch, but instead of cracking the rock more, his fist hit the stone and bounced back, his elbow going into his own gut, knocking him back a little. He hated this whole quest already. 

Can i PLEASE JUST PUSH THIS THING OFF A CLIFF

He yelled internally, just wanting for this to be done. But, then he remembered why he was doing this. He wanted part of his old life back... and was going to get it, no matter how mad he got, no matter what kind of cr@p this rock put him through mentally, he was going to get a piece of his old life back. He wasn't going to let anything stop him, he was determined to get this skill, he was determined to win.

ID# 80533 results:

Battle: 3 ( miss)

Rock - HP 46/50

Edited by Stryder

"Are you ok...?" Asked an all too familiar voice from behind Stryder.

Eatos had spent many minutes trying to find Stryder on the first floor, after the girl nearly had, yet another, mental breakdown, after being on her own for too long. She'd tried to send him a message, only, the message system confused her and left her unable to send anything. Thankfully, the system did tell her where he was. A mountain on the 2nd floor. Knowing that information, she went hiking up the mountainside.

The walk itself was very pleasant, she sung to herself gentle words that echoed throughout the mountain. She didn't run into another player, nor anything really, until the reached the top of the mountain. It wasn't hard to spot Stryder, although, she had no idea why he was doing what he was doing.

"Why are you punching that rock?" She asked him, unaware of the quest nor his intended purpose.

Edited by Eatos

Sky couldn't help but jump as he heard the voice behind him. It was familiar.... like.... 

"Eatos?" He said after she asked why he was punching the rock, turning to see her there. He then quickly, and actually a little rudely, ran and gave her a hug, glad that something sane was now near him. He put her down, giving a few awkward laughs before apologizing and responding to her.

"Its not as crazy as it looks... but its for a quest, that gives me the martial arts skill.... I just need to break it in half" He responds to her with, before running back up to the rock, punching it again only to once again knock himself back down on his ass. He groaned as he lifted himself up, dusting off his butt before looking over towards her, sighing as he asked a question he didn't think he'd ask.

"Care to help...."

----------

ID# 80550 results:

Battle: 5

Rock - HP 46/50

Edited by Stryder

Eatos Hadn't been prepared for the hug, and was very taken aback by this show of affection, and stood stunned for several moment. What had caused that?! She watched him run back to the rock and punch it, and she flinched. That looks painful! And he wanted her to help him? She didn't care much for nails, but that looked like nothing but pain!

"Break a rock in half, with your bare hands? B-but, doesn't that hurt?" she asked, unaware of the fact that it didn't. After all, she was seeing him punch a rock and assuming the quest was a test of endurance. It all seemed very illogical from her perspective, that being Stryder had to punch a rock, to death, in order to be able to use martial arts within the game. Obviously she assumed it would hurt like hell, which is what she was 100% against. Pain sucked! So why was he doing it, was martial arts, to him, work that much pain?

Edited by Eatos

Sky got up, looking at her. Did she not realize that in VR you didn't actually feel pain? When he had been run through by the boar when they had met, he hadn't actually felt pain, which was where he had fully realized this fact. He laughed a little as he looked at the rock, and then her.

"Actually believe it or not, it doesn't... physically.... getting knocked on your ass by a rock is pretty embarrassing though" He said, before kicking the rock as hard as he could, but once again just pushing himself off it and landing on his back again, blushing with embarrassment. This was how a experianced gamer was.... DEFEATED BY A ROCK! He was mad, he was a professional gamer. He had played dozens of games and come out on top in most, none nessassarily againt pro players, or in the full dive area, but otherwise he had been pretty good, and he was getting beaten up, by, a, ROCK!!

Rock - HP 46/50

ID# 80554 results:

Edited by Stryder

It didn't hurt?! Eatos couldn't believe that was possible, they may be living in an alternative world of virtual reality upon which they were being subjected to the laws of a psychopath, but there was still governed by a rule of logic. And every piece of her brain tells her that punching that rock would hurt, and didn't want to hurt herself. A lack of eating caused plenty of discomfort, so why would it be any different to a rock?

"I'm sorry Stryder, but that looks painful...I don't wanna hurt myself, I might not lose any hp, but I don't wanna hurt myself..."

She felt bad, she wanted to help, but it was going to hurt so she opted away from it. After all, she was still very unfamiliar with the world of SAO and took far too much at face value. This ignorance lies active within her, and without doing anything, would remain this way.

Edited by Eatos

"I promise it doesn't hurt, but i won't pressure you into helping if you don't want to. Change the subject, what brough you all the way here? Set up your forge yet?" He asks, looking at the rock, and punching it again, only for nothing at all to happen. Literally, nothing. The rock hadn't moved, he hadn't lost HP, nothing. It was like he tapped the rock... lightly.... His head immidiately went down in shame, just wanting this to be over....

"Why does this rock have to be so strong..." He mutters under his own breath. He knew he was going to be at this for hours, HOURS. He was not going to find this easy, he was in no danger, at all, but this was not going to be something he could just cut down with a sword, or just luckily find. He needed dedication, he needed to keep going, he needed to break this very, annoying, massive, rock, in, millions, of, pieces.

ID:805545

Rock - HP 46/50

Edited by Stryder

Even with the promise that it wouldn't hurt, she was against the idea. Instead of leaping forwards to punch a rock, that she assumed, would be painful! She sat herself down and admired the view that was around her. Despite being trapped in this hell, this game was a wonderful fight to see.

"Set up a forge, n-no, no yet at least. I'm still going over the statistics and such, although I heard that the best way to get a forge is to purchase a shop" She wouldn't lie to herself and say she had no interest in a shop, after all, it's the entire reason she become a blacksmith, to earn money. But, she assumed that purchasing a store, with a forge included, would take considerable amounts in Col. So the questions that bothered her was how was she going to earn that much, with so little ways to sell her merchandise until then? 

Edited by Eatos

"You should get a forge set up, and the 'statistics' would be pretty simple. Forge badass crystal blades, sell them, earn money, win win" He replies with, attempting to make some humor. He then thought for a moment, getting a idea that might work out for both of them.

"If the cost is an issue, i can help you pay. I don't have much, but whatever i have is yours" He says to her, smiling as he turned back to the rock, determined to at least hit it this time, WITHOUT bouncing off. But, just as always, his bad luck interviened. As he went to punch the rock, his foot tripped on a pebble, knocking him over, but he managed to turn it into a flip, landing on his feet roughly, before stumbling into the rock. He groaned, he hadn't even done much to this rock in the last five attemps!!! It was a rock, HOW WAS HE MISSING! IT WAS A STILL, ROCK, IT COULDN'T, MOVE, AT, ALL, HOW, WAS HE MISSING!

ID# 80627 results:

Battle: 2

Rock - HP 46/50

Edited by Stryder

Eatos couldn't not feel some frustration from his comment. It was almost as if he thought she didn't know how to set her own forge and shop. Although the offer to do it for her, pay at least, did perk up some interest. While she was certain it wouldn't cost anything to get the shop when she'd checked, having a business partner would only benefit her, even more if she could, convince him, to do more than his fair share. After all, what was a business women without some tricks up her sleeve?

"I'll admit, having someone to help me gather materials would make my life a lot easier once I find a place to work. A-and i'd be more than happy to make you equipment, for a discount, if you'd be willing to help gather stuff for me" It wasn't the best way she could have worded it, but given their situation, she half expected him to ask for free weapons which, in one way, would be totally valid. But, at the end of the day, she didn't want to run a charity, she wanted money. Her weakness was greed, greed of materials.

Sky smiled at her, nodding with her point, well, offer to. If he could gather her materials, in which she could make him and others weapons with, it would be worth it, for him, for her, and for everyone she managed to make a blade for. She would help keep them alive. He couldn't help but smile. 

"Sounds like a deal, until i have a profession i doubt i could make use of materials anyway, and as long as your making gear keeping people alive, im happy to help. We have plenty of time, we can work out an arrangement... i mean, this thing isn't breaking anytime soon"

He sighed, looking back at the rock. This thing had eluded him actually damaging it for to long, it was time to let some anger out. Sky pulled his fist back, and smashed the rock as hard as he could! And, for the first time in awhile, instead of bouncing back, the rock actually shook!!! He had dome some damage again!! He pumped his fist in the air in joy, glad he had started getting somewhere again... then remembered hte massive health bar.....

"This rock won't break... Would you be willing to help?" He asked, hoping she would reconsider, otherwise he would be here till he tied from hunger....

ID# 80712 results:

Battle: 7

Rock - HP 45/50

Edited by Stryder

She was glad he accepted her offer, it almost secured her materials and meant more than perhaps met Stryder at face value. However, it was something that the girl had actually spent the entire walk figuring out.

It was clear to her that Stryder intended to go for a combat focus class, someone who would be capable of going to the higher levels and, therefore, would be able to acquire materials that she, a non-combat focused player, would not. Therefore, she realized, if she ever wanted to get access to the materials that live on the higher floors, or any form of raid, she'd been a player with dependable combat stats. In this case, Stryder. 

She stood up, and looked at the rock, then at Stryders hand. How was it not broken, unless maybe, it really didn't hurt?

"Promise me it won't hurt..." she said eventually "That hitting the rock doesn't hurt..."

Sky smiled as she asked. It was kinda cute how worried she was about it hurting, though he did understand the sentiment. He was glad that they had made a plan, he was going to need some good gear to survive in the upper floors, and, even though she couldn't make it for him right now, she could later, once she ranks up enough. And a discount, as long as he can make deals, and provide her with Mat's.... Sounded like a good deal!

"I promise it doesn't hurt, here, il show you" He replies with, taking a few steps back before running up, jumping and delivering a spinning kick to the rock. His foot connected hard, smashing the rock and causing it to rock, and as he kicked it, he went back landing on his feet smiling as he looked at the crack he had just caused, however small it still was.

ID# 80803 results:

Battle: 10 (+ 2 dmg)

Rock - HP 42/50

Eatos watched as Stryder hit the rock once again, and he came out on top. The rock seemed to crack slightly, meanwhile he seemed completely uninjured. Maybe he was right, and nothing hurt once you hit it. She looked at her hand, which she held as a fist and looked at the rock, then her hand, back and forth. Was it really going to be that simple? She shrugged, there was only really one way to find out right?

She started a small run-up, taking a deep breath and brought her arm out, aiming for a cross-swing. However, just before she swung, out of fear of the pain, she closed her eyes. It wasn't the first time, Stryder would be able to recall the time she first swung her pick-axe she'd closed her eyes and missed. And history repeated itself as she swing, and completely missed the rock, the momentum of her punch tripped her over and she found herself on the ground, lying on her ass very confused.

"W-what...? I missed......?"

--------

ID: 80856

Battle: 3 (Miss)