[F1 Tailor Shop] "The Hanger"

"On a second thought, I'll pay in materials," Arabelle spoke quickly. She was planning on taking lots of quests in the next few days, and she didn't want to leave the safe zone defenseless. Even though she'll probably have a quest partner all the time. Better to lose mats than to lose your life, I suppose. She glanced at the price list and inhaled deeply. 12 T1 Mats. Twelve freaking T1 Mats. That was thrice the price she paid for her weapon, though she got a nice discount on that one. When I see him again, I'm gonna thank Macradon and tell him he's the nicest blacksmith to ever walk the Earth. Or the game. Arabelle flicked open a trade window and sent the tailor her payment.  She had been planning to reserve those materials for crafting...but things never go with her plan, she supposed. She pressed 'Send' and looked up at Hei with a sweet smile. "Here you go~. Should I come back for it later?"

-12 T1 Mats

[WC: 167]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Arabelle changed her mind and agreed to paying in mats, Hei sighted. He had already been sure, that he would have another one of those players that were going to wait for him to gather the mats on his own and he knew that he hated gathering mats. So he was relieved when Arabelle opened the trading window and traded twelve mats to him. "That's nice, thanks for changing your mind. I'll start working on it immediately, but I don't know if I can finish it right now, so it would be better for you to do something else while I do my work. I'll message you once the order is ready to get."
And so once Arabelle had either left the shop, or taken a seat in the waiting area, he walked over to the workshop and started working on some light armour for her, but none of them where what he looked for. I hope I can do it with the few mats that are still left, or she has to wait a little longer.

Daily Craft 1:

Spoiler

ID# 99124
CD: 10 -> rare T1 light armour

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 2:

Spoiler

ID# 99125

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 3:

Spoiler

ID#99126
CD:9 ->rare T1 light armour

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 4:

Spoiler

ID#99127
CD: 9 -> rare T1 light armour

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 5:

Spoiler

ID# 99128
CD: 7 -> uncommon T1 light armour

-1 mats | +4 exp

Daily Craft 6:

Spoiler

ID# 99132

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 7:

Spoiler

ID# 99129

-1 mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft 8:

Spoiler

ID# 99130

-1 mats | +6 exp

Bonus Craft (Plushie):

Spoiler

ID# 99131
CD: 5 -> LD: 10 +3 -> salvaged

-0 mats | +2 exp

EXP started: 747
EXP ended: 795

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

As Hei hadn't been able to craft an armour with the right enhancements for Arabbelle the day before, he had to continue working on it. When he went down into his workshop, to start his daily work, he had to realize, that he already had used up three fourth of the mats she had paid for the armour and he hadn't gotten a single one that had been good enough.
With the four materials left, he started drawing and cutting the material into form and sewing them together, but he wasn't lucky today either. The first armour was good, but still not good enough for what he needed for Arabelle, and with the second one, he was even less lucky as the material got destroyed in the procedure of preparing it.

Daily Craft Attempt:

Spoiler

ID# 99401
CD: 10 -> rare light armour T1
-1 mats | +6 exp

Name: Myrmidon's Armour
Your Profession:  Tailor
Your Rank:  7
Roll ID:  99401
Roll Result: 10
Item Type:  Light Armour
Tier:  T1
Quality:  Rare
Enhancements:  +1 MIT | +1 EVA
Description:  A simple, form-fitting, padded black leaver sleeveless vest.
Post Link:  here

Daily Craft Attempt:

Spoiler

ID# 99402
CD: 1 -> crit fail
- 1 mats | +2 exp

Daily Craft Attempt:

Spoiler

ID# 99403
- 1mats | +6 exp

Daily Craft Attempt:

Spoiler

ID# 99404
CD: 4 -> LD : 14 -> salvage
- 0mats | +2 exp

Daily Craft Attempt:

Spoiler

ID# 99405
- 1 mats | +6 exp

Name: Myrmidon's Cloak
Roll ID:  99405
Roll Result:  10
Item Type:  Cloak / Light Armour
Enhancements:  +1 EVA | +1 EVA
Description:  A simple black leather cloak with hood that drapes over the right shoulder.

EXP started: 795
EXP ended: 816

Edited by Hei

"Rough day?" Baldur asked as he walked into the tailor's shop. It appeared the proprietor was busy at work. He made his way up to the man he had learned was called Hei. It was an impressive shop, and felt nice and welcoming. The gaijin samurai walked along the displays admiring them before making his way over to the man. The Samurai's own blue haori with white flames on them seeming to shimmer and burn with the natural movement of the silk as he used his katana like a rudder to weave through the shop.

"I have heard you are currently the pre-eminent tailor." With a swipe of his hands, Baldur pulled up a request form for a new commission.

"Though I assume that since my request is for a tier 3 item, that means I need to supply the materials up front."

The item Baldur wished to commission was for a perfect quality tier 3 light armor, with 2 slots of mitigation, and one of evasion.

"I don't have the material yet, but I can also barter to offset the cost. I also have some other tier 3 gear I need to commission. So I can provide you other things to compensate. If you can craft the item in less than cost of materials, I'll make it worth your while in other ways. I am a rank 5 merchant, and I have not an inconsiderable amount of tier 1 and tier 2 materials at my disposal. What do you say?"

Given the options at his disposal, Elias wasn't a man with complaints. "Beggars can't be choosers, as they say..." Elias whispered more to himself, as he recalled the directions to the shop in his head over and over again. Worried he would lose his way. Despite the time Elias Church had spent in the Town of Beginnings, there was still a great deal of it he wasn't familiar with. A creature of habit doesn't stray far. However, it was this need to be comfortable that drew Eli out like a mouse into the open.

All Elias could remember seeing were swaths of armour clad warriors, banging and clanging there way wherever they went. It was uncomfortable to be around. And if it drew his attention, he was certain it would draw the attention of mobs far and wide. No, better to be quick and quiet.

"The Hanger. This must be it. Not hard to miss I suppose." Elias remarked at the size of the sign, "Is it big enough though?"

Ascending the steps through the entrance, Eli found himself amidst racks of materials, mannequins and all other sorts of Tailoring wizardry. The idea of operating a business in the middle of a very real death game had always amused Elias, the dichotomy of fighting for survival while at the same time balancing overheads and expenses seemed worlds apart. He couldn't deny the benefit it could bring in tipping the odds of that same death game however, and was eager to tilt his own chances.

"Greetings Master Tailor, I'm in need of your services. What have you in the way of light clothing or armour that might allow me to better avoid being hit?" Elias Church asked with a loud, booming confidence despite his meek, inexperienced expression.

While Hei had been working on the light armour Arabelle had ordered, an impressive figure entered his shop. The brown haired man that had entered his shop wore a samurai's outfit made of silk, that spoke of outstanding craftsmanship. In regards of Baldur asking him if it was a rough day, he simply nodded and finished the last piece of armour before his material was gone. When Baldur told him that he had heard of him and that he wanted to order tier three armour, Hei was a little surprised. "I hadn't known my reputation is that good, but if it is said, it must be the truth. I should be able to craft some nice armour for you, even though you are right. I don't have many T3 mats, so it might be necessary that you hand over some mats. In case of me finishing it with less mats, I would really appreciate payment in lower tier mats, as I run out of those quite frequently."  With this said, he returned to the counter to pick up an order form and hand it to Baldur. "If you want anything special, like the design you can note it here, I'll try to finish it as soon as possible, even though it might take some time"

Later that day, Hei was just about to start working on Hidden's armour he had forgotten with all those customers, another customer entered his store. With booming voice, he de demanded Hei's attention.  "Well, hello. I would ask how I can help you, but you already told me, so just follow me."  Thinking about the armour he had in stock, he showed some of them to Elias.

With This done, he browsed through the material he had left and with the few pieces of T2 mats, he had still some pretty good looking, so after just a few attempts that weren't successful, he was able to craft a perfect armour for @Hidden. With the Armour done, he opened a new message to notify her about that

Hey, I got your armour ready for pick up, come when ever you want.

Craft Attempt 1:

Spoiler

ID# 99677
CD: 4 -> LD: 16 -> salvaged
+2 EXP | -0 mats

Craft Attempt 2:

Spoiler

ID#99678
CD: 8 -> uncommon T2 light armour
Name: Boots of Speed
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 7 
ID: 99678
Roll: 8
Item Type: Light Armor (Cloak)
Quality: uncommon
Tier: 2
Enhancements: 1 EVA
Descriptions: Light dark brown leather boots with wave ornaments.
Post Link: here
+4 EXP | -1 mats

Craft Attempt 3:

Spoiler

ID# 99679
CD: 2 -> fail
+2 EXP | -1 mats

Craft Attempt 4:

Spoiler

ID# 99680
CD: 12 -> perfect T2 light armour

Name: Snow's Grace
Your Rank: 7 
ID: 99680
Roll: 12
Item Type: Light Armor (Cloak)
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 2
Enhancements: +36 Mit, 1 EVA
Descriptions: A bright white cloak edged in purple with a white hood with cat ears on the top. The cloak is heavy enough to be suitable armor where, and the cat ears give the user more celerity.
IMG
Post Link: here

+ 8EXP | -1 mats

EXP started: 816
EXP ended: 832

Edited by Hei

Sebastian walked into the shop, looking around at all the different outfits, each with their own creative style. "Wow, this guy is good..." Grimm thought to himself, he went to the counter. "Good evening sir. I'm Sebastian Grimm. I was wondering if I could get a custom outfit? I'd like it to be and uncommon outfit as well. You see, I was born in royal blood, so I need really nice looking clothes to look the part. I was hoping for something white and blue. Like... A suit and a cloak over the back? That would work. I don't care the cost, Ill be willing to pay in full. I also would like it to be called 'Royal Attire'. Thank you. I will be back shortly to pick it up."

a50e1039d2eb962f7b8ddf67278b4030.thumb.jpg.e95ffef888fc74d540a4164ea139e4a0.jpgThis is almost exactly what I want it to look like.

Edited by Grimm

It had already gotten late, and Hei would have gone to close the store, when another customer entered his shop. The man who introduced himself as Sebastian Grimm spoke in a quite polite way, so Hei was reminded of his past, but he quickly shove away those thoughts, as the other player told him that he was of royal blood and that he would need some cloth fitting his social rank. "Good evening Mister Grimm, my name Is Hei, as you might already have heard. And as a man of rank within this world, I can fully understand your desire for fitting cloth. I will of course create the Royal Attire for you. You want it to be of uncommon rarity, so it will ben enhanced so you might be able to drop better loot." Then he took out a measuring tape and walk over to Sebastian "You don't mind me taking measurements for the suit of yours I hope."  he said, before he started preparing for the craft he had to do.

@Grimm OOC: I'll message you once the items is finished

"Not at all, measure away." Replied Grimm. "Hmm... I think I'll go with the Loot enhancement." He continued, thinking about the overall design of the outfit. It was supposed to be used for party's, celebrations, and being in public in general. It needs some gold detailing to make it look, more, expensive. Though gold isn't expensive in game, it just looks cool.

Baldur nodded as the man called Hei asked what he would like the outfit to look like.

"Well, it would need to fit my theme. I normally go with sunset colors, and I always wear my haori over it." Baldur gestured to the blue coat he wore with the white flames licking up from the hem.

"Let me think about it, and I'll fill out a request form for you like I found at another shop."

Baldur took a moment and typed something up on his keyboard, and then sent it over to Hei when he was finished.

Spoiler

Name: Montsuki haori
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 3
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2 slots Mitigation, 1 slot Evasion
Description: This traditional japanese jacket is thigh length, and unlike a kimono doesn't close, but is instead held together by a burnished orange string that connects at the lapel. The majority of it is a light blue that matches the sky surrounding Aincrad, while the hem at the bottom and at the end of the sleeves have flames worked into the fabric that seem to dance as the wearer moves. On the back is emblazoned the symbol of SAO's eldest Samurai ronin, the Heron wading in the rushes.

"You know, I think it's time I actually made my Haori into an actual piece of gear."

The gaijin samurai gave a nod to himself and then met Hei's eyes. "If you get the item ready before I return, I will immediately bring you a fair amount of other materials and supplies you request. If not, then I will pay in Tier 3 materials when I come back from my questing."

Giving Hei a slight bow, Baldur turned on his heels and headed back out the door.

Edited by Baldur

Once Sebastian @Grimm had agreed to him taking measurements, he started right away and just a few minutes later, he had everything he needed. "Very well, I'll start doing my magic here, so feel free to either leave and I'll message you once I finished your attire, or to take a seat, enjoy a cup of tea and wait for me to finish work." and with this said, he left the player where he was and moved over to the workshop part of his shop. Browsing through his materials, he found exactly the right fabric to craft the attire of, and after about 15 minutes he returned to Sebastian, the suit and cloak in hands. "Here you go. Feel free to fit it on and tell me if it is what you hoped for. In case it is, I'll remind you of my prices, which would be 400 col or 3 T1 mats, with me preferring the material, so I can continue crafting."

Spoiler

Name: Royal Attire
Your Rank: Rank 6
ID: 93710
Roll: 8
Item Type: clothing
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: LD +1
Description:

A white and blue suit with golden trim, along with a white, blue and golden cloak that covers the back.

The Samurai who had ordered the T3 armour picked up an order form and after just a moment handed over the form with all the information Hei would need to craft the armour he wished to get. "Thank you, I'll try my best to meet your expectations and craft it with the material I got left." He had just said that, when Baldur left the Hanger and Hei was alone again. - Well, this will be a piece of hard work with just 6 materials, but if I remember right, there were some rumours about a rare quest, that could help me crafting, so I'll have a look into that. -

Grimm thought to himself, he never actually USES the Mats for anything. He never crafts with them, he can't even make a sandwich out of them. "Alright, I'll give you the Mats. You said three sir, correct?" Grimm asked just to make sure. Alright. Grimm rifled through his menu, and payed accordingly. With his outfit in hand, he tried it on. Giving a quick thank you as he left. 

10 T1 Mats - 3 = 7 T1 Mats Left

Hei gets 3 T1 Mats

Grimm gets 'Royal Attire'

Edited by Grimm

"Well, hello. I would ask how I can help you, but you already told me, so just follow me."

Elias simply nodded and followed Hei around his workshop. Uncharacteristically Elias spent a great deal of effort to examine and assess each of the pieces that were shown to him, taking into account not only their weight and composite materials but also the style, embroidery and overall aesthetic in comparison to the warrior he envisioned himself as being. Fine as the stock was, nothing managed to catch his eye, or leap off from the wall at him. Instead he decided to request a commission.

"Your work is excellent, I can see why you receive so much business." Making note of the number of patrons that passed through the threshold. "But my hope is that you might be able to create a new piece of chest armour, if you have the time? I aim to be protected, though I would like to keep a high degree of mobility for my arms and the material light enough that it wouldn't hinder my movement speed. Simple black leather would suit my tastes..." Elias began to trail off as his eyes caught the hood of a cloak and another idea popped into his mind. "In fact, would you be able to create a making cloak also? One that might drape over my right shoulder only..." Elias felt a slight degree of embarrassment going into so much detail about the appearance of armour, rather than it's simple functionality.

"How much might these cost me?"

Spoiler

Requesting:

Your Profession:  
Your Rank:  
Roll ID:  
Roll Result:  
Quality:  Rare [or Better]
Enhancements:  +1 MIT | +1 EVA || [+1 EVA]
Post Link:  

Your Profession:  
Your Rank:  
Roll ID:  
Roll Result:  
Item Type:  Cloak
Quality:  Rare [or Better]
Enhancements:  +1 EVA | +1 EVA/+1 LD || [+1 LD]
Description:  A simple black leather cloak with hood that drapes over the right shoulder.
Post Link:  

Edited by EliasChurch

Reinholt walks toward the small shop on the outskirts of the Town of Beginnings. Pinball had said Hei was one of the leaders of the Guardians and Reinholt had need of a tailor, so once he found out Hei was one, it only made sense to go him. It was a quaint shop and Reinholt smiles as he enters. He browses what he had in stock before patiently waiting to gain the Attention of the Tailor himself. Once he knew he wasn't being rude he inclined his head politely. " Pinball sent me your way. I have a special order here and didn't know if your sign here ment for special orders too. I'll gladly pay, so that's no issue. Just tell me how much." He says before describing the item he was wanting to have made. He wished he could wait until he was a member of the Guardians of the New Dawn, but this was an item he felt he needed pretty quickly.

Spoiler

Name: Shield-Wolf Eye-patch(casual)

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: Rank 7

ID: leave blank

Roll: leave blank

Item Type: Clothing headband/eyepatch

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +3 LD

Description: A crimson cloth that can be tied around the head, acting as a headband. Has a small metal plate with the Shield-Wolf Emblem on it.

Post Link: leave blank

tmp_29276-sketch-1523927550225_1524512905997695274251.thumb.jpg.0390e539439d308c0becd806bc931b70.jpg

After Hei had lead Elias through his shop, showing him what he had in stock, which had taken longer than expected, as Elias had examined every piece he had with great interest, he had told him, that his wares were good, but nothing was exactly what he was looking for. "Thank you" Hei replied to the compliment, before Elias continued, asking him about a custom piece of armour, and while telling him how it should look and what stats it should have, he added a custom cloak to the order. "Yeah, I got a few orders, but I should be able to craft what you are looking for. I can understand that you'd like a light armour that is agile, so I'll try my best. And about the costs, it's not to much." Hei said, before going over his prices. "You can have one piece of armour for free, as this is my special offer for new customers and to help the players not to die. The second one will be 700 col or six mats."

Later the same day, a rough looking guy entered his shop, and after a short moment of looking at the stock items and waiting, he told Hei, that Pinball had sent him over. - that's interesting, haven't heard off Pinnbal for quite some time- he thought, before relieng to Reinholt. "Well, then welcome to the Hanger, let me have a look at that." and he took the orderform Reinholt had brought. "I can try creating it for you, but I have to tell you, that the offer doesn't include custom orders and that items of perfect rarity are quite expensive. It'll be 1100 col, or if you want to get it soo, 12 T1 mats. Besides that, how do you know Pinball?"  he asked.

Despite their relatively short time spent in conversation and examining, Elias felt at ease with the Hei. Despite the pressures of the job, on top of the game itself, how one managed to retain any sort of business etiquette surprised him. A trait he would endeavor to emulate should the opportunity ever arise. At the mention of receiving a piece of armour for free, Elias was taken aback, "Free? Surely you can't..." Elias began before Hei's explanation. "You make a fair point. What is a few hundred Col to a life? Nonetheless I shall pay for your services." Before hearing any objections Eli had already brought up a trade window offering 700 Col and 6 Tier 1 Materials. "A worker earns his wages. You are saving lives, you should go without least of all."

Elias who had asked about two pieces of armour had surprised Hei, when he declined to get a piece of armour for free and instead offered to pay the full price. "Thank you very much, I'll see that I put the mats and col into good use. It'll take a few hours for me to finish your items, so feel free to go and have a stroll in the park, I'll message you once I am done with working. And just in case you ever need help, feel free to ask me." And with these words, he accepted the payment and nodded at Elias.
Once Elias left, he went to the workshop to craft two nice pieces of armour for the player who was so generous to pay him full price even with Hei offering him to do it for less. When the armour was done, he opened the menu to message Elias

@EliasChurch I got the armour and Cloak done, you can come and pick them up once you paid

OOC: you have to do the transaction via the banker for me to receive the mats and col later.

The Items for Elias:

Spoiler

Roll ID:  99401
Roll Result: 10
Enhancements:  +1 MIT | +1 EVA

Roll ID:  99405
Roll Result:  10
Item Type:  Cloak / Light Armour
Enhancements:  +1 EVA | +1 EVA

Edited by Hei

Elucia stood as the name "Elucia" was called into the shop. She stepped forward and walked to the counter, where a white cloak was sitting. She quickly added the item into her inventory, equipped it to get a test from the new adornment. It certainly was in par with her normal tailor's items. She nodded, opening her menu to send the man a thousand and one hundred col as promised. "Thank you for your time!" She said cheerfully with a smile. She would then turn around and begin to make her way out of the shop with the item. Putside, she would decide to try out the next part of the equipment. It also gave evasion like her other cloak, meaning she should move just as fast. Taking a few breaths, she would begin to sprint, her cloak and the game helping her to excel her normal speeds. 

-1100 col
+ Snow's Grace - 36 MIT, 1 EVA

Hei made quick work of his two commissioned items. To be expected Elias mused. After the message appeared on his HUD, Eli made way back to the Hanger. In honesty he didn't travel far from the workshop. In part for fear of being unable to find his way back but also a sense of excitement kept him close to his first new real pieces of equipment since beginning his journey in SAO. Eli had brought up the confirmation window of trade as soon as he caught sight of Hei, thanked him for his services, checked the quality of the pieces met the requirements that were specified and left with a smile and a wave.

- 700 Col
- 6 T1 Mats
+ Myrmidon's Armour || +1 MIT | +1 EVA
+ Myrmidon's Cloak || +1 EVA | +1 EVA

• 2 weeks later...

The peach haired player timidly entered the shop. Scanning around for the shop owner, she gave a quick smile and nod at him before quickly striding over to the custom order sheets. Hm.. name? She sighed and quickly filled it out. “I hope this doesn’t seem crappy,” she muttered and placed the sheet in the box or whatever. Turning back to the shop owner and handing him the desired Col amount, “just message me when your done. Thanks,” and with that, she left the shop.

-1,100 Col

Name: Feathered Gloves

Your Rank: Rank 7

ID: 

Roll: 

Item Type: Hand Wraps

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +3 Loot Die

Description: Pure white gloves with light brown feather deigns inbended on the rims.

Post Link:

@Hei