[OP-F1] So, You Want To Be Powerful? (Emerald Harbinger Recruitment) <<14/16 people have joined>>

Atzo sat at the Town of Beginnings square. He was waiting for two of his High Council members to show up and had high hopes for who may show up. He had put the notification out some time ago about how the Emerald Harbingers would accept anyone regardless of their level or stats. He hoped that this guild would help lower level players want to join up. He knew Hydra wouldn’t be able to make it, seeing as Hydra was a red player, though he could also catch people on the way out of the town. He sent a message to Hydra asking him to help out if he had time, it was a different message then he would be sending to the rest of the High Council and the rest of the guild. The message to the High Council stated that He wanted two members of high council to join him for this recruitment. The message to the rest of the guild asked for them to join if they found the time. He sat on the bench, his wolf ears twitched slightly.

@Hydra @Solomon @Eatos @Raina @Vargas @ren-sama @Aoda @Stryder 

Edited by Atzo
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Floor one, she'd always been drawn towards this floor if nothing else for the safety she felt it provided. But that was far from the only reason, the guild she'd joined has asked to people to help, and so, she had come. She wanted to make a good impression on her new guild members, what better way then supporting the recruitment of new members? The more, the safer they'd be.

The girl successful navigated her way to the circle, and it wasn't hard to spot the Wolf. She slowly walked up to him, smiling as she got closer.

"Hey Atzo" She said "Am I late? I wasn't doing much, and then I got your message...I figured I could help out, pay you guys back for letting me join up..."

The day was proceeding pretty peacefully, Zero had just left Lyle Tealeaf's place, deciding not to immediately take on the second beginner quest just yet.  While he definitely knew that he would be taking it on soon, after all a quest from a blacksmith probably meant a free piece of equipment and he couldn't do much fighting in the starter equipment.  As he had learned, fighting in starter equipment was not ideal.  Sure it could be done and he could probably make it a good little ways with just the starter equipment, however getting a hold of some better equipment, possibly with some decent enchancements, could make things a lot easier for him and improve his odds of survival dramatically.  Still, he wasn't sure he much more he wanted to stay in or near the town of beginnings, he knew that if he was to grow stronger, to grow more powerful, he would need to get out of this area and fight some enemies to get some real experience.  He wasn't really paying that much attention, lost up in his own thoughts, when he overheard a bit of a conversation.  The only thing that really stuck out in his mind and which snapped him out of his own little world was the comment about paying them back for allowing her to join.  That could either mean as a party, or perhaps more likely a guild.  Zero hadn't really had much luck joining guilds in other MMOs, he had a habit of not talking in group chats and going off on his own to hunt and fight and just really didn't get too much into the whole Guild thing.  However, this game was a lot different from others, wiith the whole "can't log out" thing going on right now, he figured at the very least he could ask if they were a guild, hear them out and see where things led.  Maybe he would join, maybe not, but deep down he felt like it was worth having a conversation.  He quickly approaches the two players.

"I'm sorry to intrude and I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I overhead the young lady there mention something about thanking you for allowing her to join.  Would you two happen to be a part of a guild?  Oh, how rude of me, my username here is zero_lost04, but you can call me whatever you like."  Zero says, smiling and nodding his head slightly as he asks the question and introduces himself to the two players before him.

Atzo chuckled as Eatos asked if she was late “No, Madam Eatos, you are perfectly fine. And dont worry the best thing you can do to pay me back is help out low level players.” Atzo gave her a kind smile before his wolf ear twitched. Someone was nearby. Maybe they were responding to the ad. 

Atzo looked to the man who had just approached them “I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Sir Zero. Yes we were in fact talking of a Guild. I am the leader of the Emerald Harbingers. We are actually attempting to recruit people right now. Our purpose is to help lower level players get to the front lines fast, we also do some information broking on the side. If you have any questions about the guild I would be happy to answer it.” Atzo smiled, showing off his full set of canine teeth.

Vargas made his way to the main square where Atzo was. He apparently wanted at least two members of the High Council to be around for recruitment purposes. Though, why he didn't just post on a board and recruit people he interacted with, he had no idea. He wore his black cotton pants and blue tshirt with his Sunstone Fox cloak, which gave him fox ears and a tail that matched his own sandy blonde hair. It even gave him whiskers on his face, which he was still become accustomed to the alterations as his bushy tailed swung from side to side as he walked. Upon reaching the main square, he saw Atzo and Eatos along with another player that he didn't recognize. "Hey," Vargas called out as he walked up to the trio, "how's it going guys? Already got a new recruit for the guild, do we?" He looked the guy over, noting that he didn't seem to have much in the way of gear. He was probably low-leveled too. Well, that wasn't an issue since he could always level up in a party faster than on his own. It took hard work and/or skill to solo level easily so maybe this guy would join them for that fact.

Hei was running errands for his freshly opened tailor shop, looking for some better tools and maybe something to decorate the workshop room with, when he came across the main square. He had been here many times, as he hadn't had much to do, since he never left the first floor by now. There always were people around, but this time Hei's attention got caught by a group of players, standing together and talking. - This is quite interesting, looks as if there is a meeting of some kind. Maybe some group of animal lovers? - and so Hei came closer to the group, having a look. - Maybe I can write about them, they look like an interesting society inside this game. And it is also strange to see people with that much equipment around - Having a closer look Hei registered that two of them had some kind of emblem on their armour. - They may be part of a guild, I should ask them how it goes, and if I can join, that would give me the chance to see how it is to fight as group and there might be a way to get stronger quickly, so I can have a look at the higher floors -

With this on his mind Hei closed in on the group, having a look at the players, then bowing lightly and introducing himself. "Hello, may I introduce myself. I am Hei, a known author for gaming magazines, and it is nice to meet all of you. Is there any chance for you to be part of a guild?"

Madam?! Eatos was taken aback by the title that Atzo gave her, it wasn't one she was familiar with, and made a mental note to ask him not to call her Madam again. She did find it slightly amusing at what he said afterwards, about helping low level players. Mostly because she was one of these low level players that they guild had offered to help, but then again, once she was able to get her forge set up, that would all change.

That's when the new arrival, Zero she mentally called him, showed up. She was, in a way, thankful that Atzo was there to answer the question, namely because her small-talk skills were much to be desired. So instead, she simply stood to the side. Or planned to, Vargas' arrival changed that. It wasn't hard to spot why he was the 'fox' of the group, given the tail, ears and whiskers. She had to admit, ever since she'd seen him with them, she'd been curious to pet them. Although that was true for like half the guild when she first met them, she was a huge fan of canines and seeing ears just got her excited.

She walked up to Vargas, smiling and giving him a small wave and stood nearish to him. Mostly due to the fact that she could look at his ears and tail and he wouldn't be able to see her staring. She was focused on the ears, and somehow, completely missed the newly arrived Hei, instead, the girl was just humming and focusing on the ears and tail that were so close, yet out of reach.

Sky was late!!! He had recived a message from Atzo requesting some members to come make a good impression down by the first floor town square, the place this whole game had started. The town of begginings. He felt rude not being there straight away, so he had come running towards the teleport gate. He teleported down to the first floor, before looking around. The town, as always, was packed, and somehow that made him feel even more anxious. Groaning, he ran towards the town square, but quickly spotted Atzo, surrounded by like, four people. He smiled, glad that some other guild members had made it here, meaning he wasn't necessarily late. Walking over, he put on a brave face. He was worried about letting the guild down, but he wasn't going to show it. Appearance meant everything, if they looked like they had weak, mean members, no one would join.. at least from his experiences.

"Hey, did i make it in time?"

A small girl made her way through the busy streets of the Town of Beginnings. In her hand, she held a notebook which contained a copy of a guild advertisement and directions to the town square. The Emerald Harbingers, they called themselves. From the name of their guild, it was easy to tell that they were either a scouting guild or an information guild. Maybe the former, since information guilds tend to be more picky with their members and their recruitment processes were well-kept secrets. And information guilds normally weren't so vague with their advertisements (if they even posted any). 

They had posted a notification in some bulletin boards. They were accepting players of any level and of any build. And then listed below is a place, a date, and a time; for all who are interested in joining. That's it. No information on their recruiters or what they specialize in. No 'For more information, please contact ###'. She could tell that they were fairly new, and that they were far below the level of the frontline guilds. However, she was interested in joining. After all, being in a guild meant having more contacts, more players who would be more than willing to help her in a quest, and a wider access to information. They could achieve things parties of solo players can't achieve by themselves. They have a guild inventory, which means that they could share items and col.

They were new and inexperienced in the 'guild' department. While she preferred the more experienced guilds who would normally consist of frontline players, she wouldn't mind joining a small one first. She could work her way up the ranks easily and once the guild rises in power, she might just be a holder of a high position or a member with a high reputation. She could leave at any point if she wanted to, with a good excuse.

The red-haired girl reached the end of her long walk and found herself in the town square. It wasn't very populated and it was easy to tell which players were from the Emerald Harbingers. Because at the center of the square, a group was quickly forming. She kept her notebook in her inventory and approached the group of players with her hands behind her back. She spotted Hei among them, but the other players were unfamiliar to her. She stopped near a red-haired man who looked like he was the guild's recruiter. "Good morning. Would you all happen to be members of the Emerald Harbingers?"

Edited by Airi

A man walked through the Town of Beginnings with a single screen held up not to far from him. The man wore simple but sturdy plate armor with a large shield strapped to his left arm. He would glance to the screen and then up several times as if to search for something. There had been a...disagreement with his significant other and because of that, he had decided that he needed to do something, pretty much anything to keep himself from dwelling on it and getting angrier. So when he had come across this guild get together with the possibility of membership, it was interesting to say the least.

Though, he was on the low side of actually joining as he was usually never one for guilds as they all blended together too much for him to want to be associated with them. It wasn't that he held himself in any sort of high esteem but more that he wanted more than the norm, that is what he saw what a guild should be. He would much rather see what The Emerald Harbingers actually had to say and if they would even try to sell the part of being a guild. He was also interested in just what a guild had in this game as he was more or less completely unaware of just what entailed in them. He would see a small gathering of players though for him, he wouldn't have any idea if these were the one's that had the invitation open.

He would minimize the drop-box as he might need it if he was not in the correct place though he would not keep this up too long, his attentions could only be kept for so long. He would raise his free hand and make his way toward the group whilst speaking to make himself known "Umm, is this the guild invitational deal thing?"

'Oh wow, look at all the different people here' The blue-haired girl, who was standing near the edge of the group, looked at the influx of players, all of them who had come to join, or at least poke their noses around for the Guild. She smiled to herself, but took a hesitant step forwards towards Atzo as several people had all approached him, all asking similar questions.

She wanted to help out, even if she was one of the newer members of the guild, it was still her job. That's why he'd asked for help among the guild, incase something like this occurred. With that in mind, Eatos stepped forwards towards the newest two arrivals. A shortish red-haired girl who had approached Atzo directly, and another who had approached, but he stood tall with a full suit of armour. She quickly looked over their equipment, and made a decision.

"Yup, that's us" She said, not too loudly, but she'd hoped to attract the attention of both individuals. She took several steps forwards them and beckoned them to come closer, partly due to the fact she couldn't walk to one without moving away from the other. She took a deep breath. This was no different than a simple business deal, a trade agreement. The ones she'd listened to her parents talk about, and practiced on her own. 'Well, time to see if my silver tongue stayed with me' She thoughts to herself.

"I presume you'd want to know more about the guild, what we do and such right?" It was the first step, conformation of information. Once they admitted what they wanted to know, she'd be able to give them the relevant information. And unlike a traditional business deal, there was no deceit needed here, for they'd find out one way or another. No, here, Eatos knew she needed to be completely honest about the guild and their dealings.

The wind howled around Hydra, his cloak billowing in the wind as it displayed a deep sapphire color, that would be clear to the eye, even in a storm with its shimmering blue coating. Right now he was stood atop the tallest hill on the first floor, his hair windswept to one side and his eyes fixed to the 'Town of Beginnings. There was a feeling of serenity and a calm mysterious aura surrounding the spear user as he stood in silence, simply waiting for the others. "It shouldn't be long now." He thought to himself, after receiving the message earlier in the day he had begun to make his way to the first floor. His presence wasn't needed and he couldn't enter the Town of Beginning's so, for now, all Hydra could do was wait for Atzo's arrival. Hydra was supposedly the rogue of the group, the one behind enemy lines yet he wasn't too sure about leading a team of other players. In any case, today would have to be a success before he needed to worry about that. Taking a deep breath he continued to stand, silently waiting as the wind surrounded him...

Atzo was approached by quite the number of people. Specifically he was approached by a red haired woman who strikingly like himself. Save the fact she was female and had longer hair. He quickly opened his menu and sent out a message to the guild members that had not showed up yet.

Due to the sudden rise of recruits I need to ask ALL guild members that are available to come to The Town of Beginnings and assist in recruitment. High Council members that dont have a valid reason better give me one hell of a good excuse if they want to keep their position.

P.S Hydra, I will not be able to make it to you, I will be more then likely sending people your way if we get too many more people.

He turned to the red haired woman and the warrior while he awaited Zero’s response. “Actually I am not the Recruiter, she was not able to make it today. I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces, and Leader of the Emerald Harbingers. I am happy to tell you all any information you wish to know. Though let me start with telling you the premise of the guild. Our goal is to do two things. Gather and sell information and help low level players get to the top of the charts in level. Your stats and level do not determine your rank. Instead how active you are in the guild will determine how high ranked you are. If you have any questions for me then please don't hesitate to ask.”
@Solomon @Aoda @ren-sama @Raina

Solomon was was sitting in the shade of the town of beginnings, one arm to the side, while his other arm was casually placed over the shoulder of the girl, Iseult. She seemed to be fast asleep, and Solomon had no intention to wake her. He felt great in the heat of morning, his clothing allowing the air to flow as normal. His long, dark blue hair was braided and beaded with various adornments. However, he could see the notification pop up on in the corner of his eye. He was going to ignore the message, as he was in no way eager for the given moment to end. However, another notification popped up not long after, which Solomon finally gave into. He tapped her shoulder as she rested her head on his arm. She raised her head, a yawn escaping her lips before she looked over to Solomon. Her blue eyes caught his attention, like a warm blue fire. Solomon spoke to her, "I will be back soon, please find something to do while I return to my job. Hopefully it won't take too long. Solomon smiled when he looked over to her, standing up carefully from where they sat together, apart from the chaos of the world.

Solomon began to walk forward, his eyes showing a hint of disappointment with focused eyes. He had a strange feeling coursing through his veins, but he knew that his job should come first. He stopped quickly, reading each notification with great detail. Solomon was one of Atzo's friends, and found this second pm more of an insult. He didn't have any hateful feelings toward his friend, as he had placed trust in him. Upon walking toward the middle of the town, Solomon noticed the people gathering around Atzo. He seemed somewhat stressed, which was not a good thing. His eyes and ears resembled that of a wolf, while his fangs showed when he spoke. Solomon spoke, his words traveling to his friend over the people like a overflowing river toppling over planks of drift wood and onto the peaceful banks. "Atzo, you called upon me?", Solomon spoke with no aggression in his eyes. A quick view of the people around him would likely prove sufficient.

Solomon looked from one side to the other, quickly eyeing the players on each side.  

@Atzo

Edited by Solomon

It wasn't long before they had an influx of other players. Primarily, low-level players. This wasn't an issue of course but it was definitely something to note. Since they were recruiting in the Starting City in was to be expected as well. Most low-level players made their homes here while they slowly leveled up or they sat here waiting for the front liners to beat the game.

There wasn't much for Vargas to do at the current moment. When the other players showed up asking questions, he was soon to open his mouth and speak but was cut off as Atzo instantly had the foreground. It wasn't a bad thing as he was the guild leader, so being able to answer questions about the guild quickly would make things easier. Vargas stood back out of the way, his tail swinging to either side, as he looked over all the people here. It wasn't a whole lot currently but at least that made it easier to talk to people without having several dozen questions thrown at you.

His fox ears turned in the direction of where Solomon was coming from when he heard him call out to Atzo. Now we've got two other High Council members. Just have to see how many people we can recruit into the guild now, Vargas thought.

If he was to be honest, the first thing that Zero made a note of was not the fact that this player was the Guildmaster or even what his stated purpose for the guild was.  No, it was the canine-like teeth in the smile that he showed.  It didn't intimidate or frighten him, but he did think that it was interesting, either this player had some very unique vanity items or there were some other ways to alter your actual appearance in this game, especially given that the "mirror" item that was loaded into everyone's inventory caused them to assume their appearance in the real world.  He didn't fail to take note of the fact that the guild's expressed purpose was to get players to the front lines as quickly as possible.  This thought did intrique Zero, he wanted to get a strong as he could so that he could survive, so that he could go out and challenge himself and push himself to his actual limits.  This was the real reason that SAO and the nerve gear had appealed to him in the first place.  

Zero silently made note of the other players that arrived.  Aside from himself, there were now eight players gathered around the spot.  From the best he could gather from what was being said, five of the people that were here were current members of the guild and the other three were not members and seemed to be interested in getting more information about the guild.  Of those that had arrived, only one other player had given the courtesy of giving his name to others around, a player named Hei who said he was some kind of game journalist in the real world.  Once again, Zero made sure to quickly take note of that in his head just in case it was ever information that he would need again in the future.  With the increased number of people gathering around, Atzo decided to help the female member of his guild and give a more detailed breakdown.  Appearently the guild focused more on activity to determine your rank than what level you were, which he thought was an interested way to do it, there were quite a few people he had given up on the idea of being a frontliner and so the guild seemed to want to cater to both sides, those that wanted to clear the game and those that wanted to form a support role so that the frontliners could function.  

The amount of people that were gathering around him did make Zero feel slightly twitchy, having this many people surrounding him that he did not know was something that could be worrisome, though in the safe zone of the town he would be fine and they wouldn't be allowed in if they had red cursors.  While the guild's purpose, at least from Zero's perspective, did seem a bit generic, he could tell by the number of people that were gathering that were members of the guild, that it had gathered a pretty decent amount of members already.  While he had almost always been a solo player and had a bad habit of ignoring guilds in other MMOs, the idea of getting to the frontlines was something that intrigued him.  

"That is a very interesting purpose and I can tell from the crowd of both interested players and current members that have gathered around us all right now that it seems like a lot of interest is being built up for the guild.  I know that this might seem a bit forward and while I understand if you don't want to talk about specifics without us joining the guild, but I am curious.  Exactly how would you go about helping us level up to the point where we can be on the frontlines as quickly as possible.  I am sorry if I came across as being a bit pessimisstic or rude, that is truly not my intention.  I only ask because in many MMOs, many guilds make similar promises and have similarly stated goals, though Sword Art Online is clearly not a typical MMO.  What exactly sets your guild apart in this regards."  Zero was hoping that he hadn't been too blunt or rude, he had been trying to work on that for years and many times he would time off as curt or laconic, but he was truly curious.  He gave Atzo and the other guildmembers a warm smile, hoping that he had asked the question in as polite a way as possible and kept his ears open, ready to make mental notes of everything that was told to him in response, regardless from whom the response or responses came from.

A blue-haired girl was the first one to respond to her inquiry. The girl then proceeded to ask her about what she wanted to know. She was pretty sure she made her intentions clear when she asked about the Emerald Harbingers, but a confirmation was always nice. They wouldn't want to waste their time giving away information about the guild to people who weren't interested in joining anyway. 

The red-haired girl was just about to open her mouth to reply when the man she had originally addressed decided to speak up and give information about the guild. No coordination. His guild member had just asked if they wanted to know more about the guild, and here he was, giving it all away before anyone could reply. But for now, she just decided to assume that he was responding to another person. Specifically, the man she recognized as Lee, who was also interested in the guild. She hadn't heard what Lee said, after all.

He introduced himself as the guild leader, which she found a bit unusual. Usually, guild leaders aren't the ones out gathering new members, even if their recruiter wasn't available. But a new guild was a new guild. While the guild leader was speaking, she took a quick look at him, taking note of his features. He had hair as red as hers (the first man she had met with red hair so far), golden wolf-ish eyes, and was wearing some vanity item that gave him wolf ears and sharp fangs. She also examined the features of some of the players who looked like they were guild members. One had fox ears and a bushy tail. Why was everyone so obsessed with animal appearances lately? She decided to look over it some other time.

The guild leader introduced himself as 'Atzo' and spoke of the guild's goals. So they were an information guild, after all. Just a more open one. She was a bit interested on how they would be able to manage the outflow of information with so many inexperienced players as their members. Not everyone knows how to keep information to themselves, after all. Or maybe only the higher-ranked members would be the only ones doing the actual information trade. "Do you have a recruitment process, then? Or would you just accept anyone who wants to get in?" 

Edited by Airi

Walking up onto the gates of the Town of Beginnings after a long day of traveling Kyoto sees a big crowd of people circling a mysterious group of people. “What’s going on here?” as he then finally notice that it’s a recruitment for a guild. Looking at the banner they have he read it off in his head Emerald Harbinger” huh sound interesting never thought about joining a guild. As then he walks up to the group of people and offers his assistance on hoping he can join this guild. Looking around Kyoto sees a lot of new players but they also look like they’ve been playing more and is probably a lot stronger than me. Looking kind of shy thinking he won’t make it into this guild he then looks at the group of people in the middle of this crowed and gives them a shy smile. “Hello, I would like to join you guild today.”

Eatos hadn't prepared for Atzo to wipe the wind from her sails, but it had happened and left her slightly left with nothing to say. Despite her best attempts, the look of discomfort was clear to read on her face as she mentally prepared to recover. She looked around, before making a decision to find a single player and focus on them. She couldn't split herself up among several players in terms of recruiting, and she made a decision. The red-haired girl, who sorted looked like Atzo in some ways, was her target. If she was able to recruit at least one person, she'd consider that a success of her time.

She walked up to the girl and gave her a smile. "We don't have a trial for recruitment, or anything like that really" She said to the other girl in her attempt to get her full attention "Sorry, my names Eatos. I didn't introduce myself, but yeah. So basically, you're more then welcome to join, but you have to pick where you wanna go in the guild. So we're split into multiple divisions, we have two combat teams, a tank one and a damage based one, so if you wanna be involved in combat based leveling, you can go join them. Or if you'd rather not be heavily combat focused, we have the information or council positions. The information division is, well, i'll be honest i'm not entirely certain about, but I know you have to talk to the head of the information division to get the full details" She glanced away slightly, not entirely pleased that she wasn't able to provide all the information she wanted to "I'm pretty sure they do scouting on boss rooms, but i'm not entirely certain. And the last division is the Advisor, which is the one I am. Basically when the council makes a decision, they put it up to a vote and the councilors act as moderators for questions. We're to ensure that no one person in the guild has absolute power"

She took a deep breath as she finished describing all the different positions. She was happy with how she'd done it, despite the lack of knowledge on one of the departments. "You don't have to pick right now, and i'd advise talking to the head to the divisions you wanna join up before confirming it.."   

Edited by Eatos

@Solomon showed up, that was a relief. Anyone who could help him take some of the attention away from him and allow him to not need to answer any questions would be useful, not to mention that @Eatos had taken the red haired girl (@Airi) He turned to @Hei who had not yet been spoken to. “I apologize for the hecticness of everything, but if I could have you speak with my Tank Leader, @Vargas, I am sure he can answer any questions you may have. I will have you (@Lee) talk to my Advisors Leader, Solomon, if you don't mind. To answer your question @zero_lost04, we will level you up by being as active as possible. Higher level players will assist lower level players on high level quests so that you can gain as much SP as possible, the thing that sets us appart is that we don’t use a level or stat based rank system. All we care about is how active you are in the guild. The more active you are the higher rank you are and the more benefits you receive. As I said, our goal is to get everyone to be as strong as they can be. And you Sir” he said to the man who had just approached “Just hit accept and you are in. If you know what team you want just tell me and I will direct you to the correct Leader.” he sent @XxSulSus a guild invite and turned back to Zero. “I am sure you  have a lot more questions, so feel free to ask them”