[PP-F4] <<Avalanche>> (Mina)

It feels good to be back again. Kasier had spent way too long in that sheltered shop of Itzal's that she had forgotten what the outside world was like. And now, she was ready once again to be part of the front lines. It had been quite some time since she had completed a quest and now it was finally time for her to head out and get those skill points. Before she had gone inactive, she had quite a bit of catching up to do. Now that she had gone inactive, the distance between her and the front lines was only furthered. Kasier sighed, debating which quest to do when she saw the quest <<Avalanche>>. Considerably, this quest was rather easy as it was on the fourth floor. However, as a tank/healer mix, she really couldn't do much except take damage and heal. She needed someone else with her who can deal damage. A DPS - that's what they are called. Damage dealers. Most of them can complete these quests solo. Life of a DPS is so easy. Yet so fragile. Kasier thought, switching her gear to a tanking build, deciding to try out the build for the first time. Soon, she reached the fourth floor and sent an area message, asking the nearby people if anyone wanted to complete the quest with her. Before anyone could show up, she fixed her hair up. Public image. I gotta keep that up as a paladin. She thought.

@tricolor_mina

I was walking through the fourth floor, looking for a player named Kasier. She had posted a message on the local floor chat, and had asked for help on the quest <<Avalanche>>. I'd never done that quest before, and I had to worry about taking any damage from mobs that did 50 damage each since I was only level 10... but I had heard about Kasier from a friend of mine, and from what he had said, she was one of the Paladins of CA, a guild that I had joined recently. I equipped Soul Fragment, and I made sure I had The Cloak of Duality equipped as well, and I approached the place she had said to meet at. "Na, Naa... Would you happen to be Kasier by any chance? I saw from the Floor message boards that you needed some help with Avalanche?" Akame floated towards Kasier, landing gently on her shoulder, and curling up after yawning.

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina

"I am Kasier. Happy to be of your acquaintance. Have you heard about this quest? Apparently, a hidden boss was found on the fourth floor by a few players. We don't know its stats but considering its on the fourth floor, it should be quite tough. How do you think we should go about this?" Kasier asked, interested as to what the player's tactical sense might be. However, she had been so urgent to ask that question that she had forgotten to obtain the name of this character. "Hold on. Sorry for my rudeness. It appears that I had not asked you for your name yet. I need to add you to a party for quest completion after all." She explained, clicking a few buttons on the virtual menu to bring up the party invitation screen when suddenly, a blue dragon popped out of no where and ended up on her shoulder. "Veln-" She said, recognizing the dragon as Itzal's familiar when she realized that something was different. This dragon was blue while Itzal's familiar was purple. This dragon was not Velnia, althought it came quite close. Maintaining her seriousness, Kasier looked back at the woman, expecting answers to all of the questions that she had asked above.

@tricolor_mina

" ...hmm... If I can land at least two critical hits on that monster, I would be able to destroy it with bleed. The only problem that we'd encounter would be the damage, as if I got hit more than 3 times, we'd have to switch out or it would kill me, so we would need to be cautious... maybe a sneak attack?" I was genuinely worried about that. some players decided against playing an offensive build, and chose to play the role of a strict Scout, Healer, or Tank, often in combinations of the three. "... But other than that, I see no problems that we might encounter~!" I tilted my head when she asked for my name. " It's Tricolor_mina, but please, call me violet or mina. not many people like to refer to me by my actual screen name, since it's a mouthful to say." when Kasier mentioned Itzal's familiar, I smiled faintly. " Na, naa... I'm almost sure of it now~! You must be the woman Itzal talked so much about~! The Healer Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants, Kasier~!"

@Kasier

"Alright, you can deal the damage. I'll take the damage. The damage output of the <<Avalanche>> boss should not be that hard for me to deal with so I should be able to soak up the damage and allow you to deal damage in the mean time." Kasier said, declaring that she shall play the tank for the party of two in order to keep a natural balance. Also, the fact that she did not possess a single point of damage meant that she either had to tank or heal and for a low-leveled quest such as this one, playing healer was a waste of time and a waste of an opportunity to try out her new tank build. Originally, she had not wanted the player to apprehend who she was because... Well, she had developed a propensity of not revealing her level to anyone so if she ever completes quests with low-leveled players, she always declares that her level is around theirs. It was getting a lot more obstinate to do that nowadays for she was getting more well-known as a healer due to her achievement of breaking past level 30 just a while ago. Her objective was to reach level forty as presently as possible as then she would be certain in her abilities to enter the front lines. "Huh, he needs to stop talking about me all the time. I don't need people knowing who I am everywhere I go." Kasier replied, sighing after the comment and rubbing the dragon's back as it wiggled on her shoulder. "Well, I do not like to waste time. Shall we head out immediately?" She proposed.

@tricolor_mina

• 1 month later...

(OOC: I'm so sorry it took so long Kasier-San >A<)

"That would be the best course of action naturally... I think that I'd rather not have a -1 to my accuracy thanks to nighttime debuff... Let's head out, shall we?" I turned my cloak inside-out, making sure that both the green and the purple were visible, just in case it did hit nightime and Kasier needed to find me. when she mentioned that she wanted Itzal needed to stop talking about her, I chuckled quietly and turned back towards her, continuing forward while we talked. "Na, naa... I only brought up the connection because I recently joined the guild... That, and he always seemed to speak so highly of you~! If I'm not mistaken, he also said that you were a pretty strong healer as well... All the more reason for him to talk about you in my opinion~!" I smiled, Akame landing on my shoulder as I continued forward. "I wish the game let you buy a permanent home here, it's really pretty after all... but I guess we'll have more snowy floors later on~!"I grinned at Kasier, and allowed Akame to fly towards her and land on her head. "Y'know... If you ever need a weapon, feel free to ask me for one! all I'll ask for is materials and for you to be satisfied with my craftsmanship~! It's the least I can do since Itzal's helped me out of a few nasty situations before" It was already well past noon here, and the snow seemed to have calmed down a little bit. I smiled when I noticed that the sunlight seemed to be dyeing the snow a myriad of reds, yellows, and blues. "Naa... I'm almost never here~! I might try to find some materials here if we finish with the <<Avalanche>> boss quickly~!" 

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina

"Huh. To be honest, I didn't even know that a night time debuff even existed in this game. I guess it's because I never truly fought any mobs on my own. It's a shame that a healer and tank hybrid simply cannot do anything by herself. You'd think that I would be able to kill a level one mob in one hit but it would probably take me four. It's quite embarrassing sometimes that I have yet to kill a single mob." Kasier said, demonstrating her lack of knowledge on this game and cursing the fact that she is basically useless by herself if she was to solo anything that involved combat. And now that I'm super high-leveled, the mobs I face would be super high-leveled as well, meaning my damage is literally like an ant biting them. She thought. "Itzal speaks too high of me. I am not strong at all and with the new release of more healing skills, I need to work even harder to obtain those, meaning a break on my tanking skills is required." Kasier continued, she had found tanking to be more interesting than healing as she had an active role in combat while as a healer, she stood in the back of the damage dealer, watching from a distance most of a time. "And Itzal helping out people sounds about right, he's always going around to people even when they don't need help. And another blacksmith. Must be tough to take one of the most taken professions in Aincrad. After all, you are competing with Teion, an extremely high-ranked blacksmith. I'll pay you a visit when I need some gear crafted, though."  Kasier said. She had made an inference that Mina's shop would have less business than Teion since Kasier was pretty sure Teion is the highest ranked blacksmith at the moment. That would mean it might be faster for her items to be crafted at Mina's place. "Well, I guess a shopkeeper is always in constant need of materials. Let's get this done and we can spend the rest of the day material gathering." Kasier planned as the dragon that Mina had as a familiar planted on her head. What is it about dragons finding it comfy on my head? This is basically Velnia. She observed.

@tricolor_mina

• 2 months later...

I watched her for a moment, and when she said she would pay me a visit when she got her new weapon, I punched the air out of pure joy. "Really?! Thank you Kasier!" I was practically on cloud nine when I heard what she said, especially since it meant that I had a potential new customer now. "I promise I'll have your new weapon ready ASAP, just let me know when you need it ok (I could try to craft it today, but it's a pretty low chance of that happening)? Now, as for avalanche... Since its further up we better get started climbing right away, so c'mon! If I'm not mistaken,  the Tundra Field is this way!" I sped off with her in tow, A name fluttering after us

<<Tundra plains>>

Battle roll# 87979

BD: 5

MD: 6 (miss due to cloak of Duality) 

I had charged in almost immediately, and queued up  <<Quadruple Pain>> , which sadly missed by a mere few inches, resulting in a near miss for both myself and Avalanche. 'keeping my head would have been a better Idea but nope, I had to charge right in. At least it didn't hit me!' I twisted backwards, a grin on my face, and fell back to Kasier. "I might not have to worry too much, since this guy is F4, right?"

Avalanche

HP: 100/100

Tricolor_Mina

200/200 HP, 16/20 energy

@Kasier

??? HP , ??? Energy

Edited by tricolor_mina

<<Howl>> Activated

Kasier watched as the girl charged forward without thinking before she did so. As the tank of the group, it would have been much better for her to approach the battle first. However, the Avalanche managed to miss its first attack, everything should be fine. "Yeah, no need to worry. Although I would appreciate it if you let me engage the the mob first as I am the tank of the group. That way I can take the hits instead of you." Kasier looked blankly at the Avalanche without making eye contact with Mina. The mob was weak compared to her and with the mitigation that she possesses from her skills and equipment, it was highly unlikely that the mob could deal more than one damage to her at a time. In fact, as far as she was concerned, it was impossible for the mob to deal more than one damage to her at a time and she was extremely satisfied at the thought of that. "Also, be careful. It might be slippery up here. Be careful not to fall if you overshoot your attack. We are on a slight hill after all." Kasier warned the girl, opening her menu in the process and preparing her post action move.

With a deep breath, she stored up air and quickly released it, letting out a tremendous sound of howl that one would have thought impossible to come from the voice of a girl such as she. However, it was possible, as she was not the person responsible for the sound. It was simply the game's effect that made her voice like that. "Sorry 'bout that. The monster should be focused on me now, though. So you can attack to your desires." Kasier smiled, watching as the Avalanche turned its head to face her, preparing itself to launch an attack on her when it was its turn to do so.

HP List
[0] Mina: ?/? | EN: ?/? ||
[3] Kasier: 740/740 | EN: 74/74 | MIT: 89 ||

Avalanche: 100/100 | DMG: 40/40 ||

@tricolor_mina

Dice Roll ID#: 88024

BD: 3

MD: 10 (+2 damage crit)

"GROOOOOOOOH!!!!!"

I felt buffered as the Avalanche roared out on it's own, and charged past me, right into Kasier, nearly knocking me over in the process... and as it was, I had been thrown so badly, my attack failed to get through, though Kasier only took a single point of damage from the attack from the looks of it. I let out a sigh of relief, and got back up, regrouping beside Kasier. I shivered slightly before turning my gaze to her. "Na, Naa... You really are a higher level player. Not too often I've seen players with mit so high they only take a single point of damage from a 42 damage attack! I'm so glad that I'll be working with you eventually!" I flipped my jacket to the opposite side, revealing the dark purple color underneath it. 'It hardly does damage to Kasier, but I want to get this over with as soon as possible, It's freaking COLD!' I shivered and pulled it tighter around myself. I wasn't too resistant to the cold here on this floor..

Avalanche:
HP: 100/100 (Focused on Kasier)

[0] Mina: 200/200 HP, 17/20 EN

[3] Kasier
HP
739/740 | EN: 74/74 | MIT: 89 ||

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina

<<Sharpness>> Used

Kasier watched as yet another turn went wasted with literally no events happening other than the fact that she had been hit by an attack that only dealt one damage. Not only that, because she had been hit by that attack, several events happened as a result of that contact. First, she managed to inflict a paralyze condition on the mob because of her armor, causing it to be completely dysfunctional next turn and unable to do any damage to her... Not that it really mattered anyways. Next, she was able to receive the regen enhancement boost, giving her twenty health points per turn for the next three turns unless she gets hit again. Basically, her health will remain full throughout the entirety of the fight and it is impossible for the boss to deal more than one damage to her at a time. When it does deal damage, however, Kasier will simply just heal it all back. That is the power of her mitigation at this point, although it is still far from the mitigation that people have on the front lines.

Kasier sighed, "I'm still far from achieving what I would like to reach with my tank build. Although I guess this buidl is extremely hard to perfect since there's so many different factors and aspects of it." Kasier shrugged, "Seems like you need a damage boost. It's not much, but it should get you some more damage, +1 damage to your base attack, to be exact," Kasier exclaimed, activating her sharpness skill and using it on Mina so she receives that slight damage boost. Like stated before, it's not much, but it will have to do.

(I fixed your energy. Missing is -2 energy no matter what sword art you used and you recover one energy before your post action every turn during combat)

HP List
[0] Mina: 200/200 | EN: 17/20 || [Sharpness: 2/2]
[3] Kasier: 739/740 | EN: 66/74 | MIT: 89 || [Sharpness CD: 3/3] [Regen: 3/3]

[BOSS] Avalanche: 100/100 | DMG: 40 || [Paralyze: 1/1]

@tricolor_mina

Edited by Kasier

ID# 88195 results:
Battle: 6
MOB: 3

<<Skill Activate: Quadruple Pain>>

(+1 Damage because of Sharpness)

Spoiler

59a4bb729458e_AsunaAttack.png.cd792813bb5fbf7c208ce85324fba5dd.png(SUCCESS!)

My Rapier started to gleam, signifying that my Sword-Skill was ready, and I charged the Avalanche, and because it was still paralyzed, I wouldn't have to worry about Kasier being hit by it again. "HaaaaAAAHH!! Quadruple Pain!!" There was a red-splash effect when I stabbed it four times, and I noticed a secondary effect had added another point of damage to a 6-damage attack, boosting it to 8 points of damage. I immediately backed up to Kasier, a smile on my face. " Thank you for the damage bonus, Kasier-Chan! Every point Helps! " I practiced the motion again, just so I could commit that to memory. when I got a new weapon, I probably need to get extra bleed on it, and order some accuracy enhancing items from an artisan and Tailor... maybe I would visit Rin-san's shop after this... A +3 Accuracy item would be very helpful, plus maybe some extra bleed. If I ended up lucky, maybe I would be able to craft a new perfect weapon today. 

Avalanche:
HP: 92/100 (Focused on Kasier)
(Paralyzed 0/1

[1] Mina: 200/200 HP, 14/20 EN (Sharpness 1/2)

[3] Kasier
HP
739/740 | EN: 74/74 | MIT: 89

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina

ID: 88196
CD: 4
<<Recovery>> failed
<<Howl>> Used

"Kasier-chan..." Kasier repeated, murmuring. This girl with her strange ways of addressing people was making her kind of uncomfortable. First, she was Nana, and now she is Kasier-chan. Kasier looked at the girl, shrugged and then focused back into combat. It was probably just her personal habits. Instead of worrying about the way the girl was addressing her, Kasier would much rather focus on worrying about how to defeat this boss faster than they are going at the current speed. Mina was already running low on energy and they had barely dealt any damage to the Avalanche. At the speed that they are going, this battle would take a long time. It is at times like this that she wished she had her thorns armor with her but unfortunately, she did not, and she might regret it soon enough. "No problem. Although I feel like this battle will take quite a long time despite the damage boost." Kasier predicted, "There's not much for me to do. I guess I'll just get even more attention on me." Kasier informed Mina of her plan before releasing a loud howl.

@tricolor_mina

HP List
[1] Mina: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 || [Sharpness: 1/2]
[6] Kasier: 740/740 | EN: 67/74 | MIT: 89 || [Sharpness CD: 2/3] [Regen: 2/3]

[BOSS] Avalanche: 92/100 | DMG: 40 || [Paralyze: 0/1]

Edited by Kasier

ID# 88201 results:

Battle: 10 (Bleed Active, +2 Damage)

MOB: 1

<<Skill Activate: Quadruple Pain>>

Spoiler

59a4bb729458e_AsunaAttack.png.cd792813bb5fbf7c208ce85324fba5dd.pngCritical Success!

My eye flashed a darker red color, and my sword flashed a reddish gleam. "...A critical hit, huh?" I rushed forward, letting out another shout, and I hit it four times in the chest, the effect that signified that bleed was now active played, and the Avalanche let out a pained, angry roar. I cheered as the 10 extra damage took effect, and shoved down its health bar drastically. I retreated from it, and turned back to Kasier. "... I rather doubt that it would take too terribly long to finish it off,  Kasier-Chan! Pessimism isn't very good in a fight, even if the risk is little in said fight... so cheer up a bit! it won't take so long, I promise! " I had pumped the air, and smiled as I said that, so I got into a low kendo stance with my sword out straight. I was glad that I had chosen to help her with this quest...

Avalanche:
HP: 70/100 (Focused on Kasier)
(Bleed: 1/2)

[3] Mina: 200/200 HP, 11/20 EN 

[3] Kasier
HP
739/740 | EN: 74/74 | MIT: 89

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina
  • 1 month later...

ID: 90080
MD: 9
<<Howl>> Used

Kasier watched carefully and she noticed that Mina had the enhancement that caused the bleeding status to mobs. It was a great relief to her that Mina was running such a thing in her build because with it comes more turn by turn damage that would be reliable and consecutive damage - shortening the battle greatly if Mina was able to inflict the bleed status on it with some frequency. However, this was largely luck-based, and if they were unlucky, the bleed enhancement might not show up again for the rest of the battle. If that was the case, this battle would be stalled until both players were inflicting minimal damage upon the boss until it hit zero. If that was the case, the battle would be extremely boring as it would just be hours and hours of doing the same thing. To add to it, the boss had no method of inflicting damage to Kasier as she would simply regenerate her health as soon as damage was inflicted on her.

Without another word, Kasier released her <<howl>> skill, releasing a feminine yet intimidating roar of thunder in the direction of the boss that almost seemed to make it flinch for a bit. However, soon after its recovery, it charged and stuck Kasier right in the shield, dealing one damage that was immediately recovered recovered. Also, it was inflicted with paralysis once more, making it vulnerable to attacks the next turn. "Alright, with the bleed skill, it should be easier to knock this thing out. Let's just carry on the way we are going right now." Kasier decided, keeping her concentration as best as she can, although she probably won't need to do so in the next few turns.

@tricolor_mina

HP List
[3] Mina: 200/200 | EN: 11/20 || [Sharpness: 0/2]
[9] Kasier: 740/740 (-1)(+20) | EN: 71/74 (+4) | MIT: 89 || [Sharpness CD: 1/3] [Regen: 3/3]

[BOSS] Avalanche: 70/100 | DMG: 40 || [Paralyze: 1/1] [Bleed: 1/2]

Edited by Kasier
  • 10 months later...

ID# 105931 results:

Battle: 10 (<<Accel Stub>> Activates! +2 Damage and bleed is refreshed~)

GROOOOOOOOOOOHH!!

Another loud roar echoed out from within the Avalanche as it slammed into Kasier, blowing snow everywhere, and nearly knocking me over in the process. "Jeez... this thing is pretty freaking strong, isn't it? I'm really glad you're the one who sent out the request for me to help you, even though I'm fairly weak..." My eye widened slightly when my blade glimmered yet again with the red light that denoted a critical attack, and I gave a feral grin to the Monster staring Kasier down. "Guess my luck has gotten far better than before, hasn't it? Haaaaaaaaaa!!"  I stabbed furiously at the monster,  my eyes glinting slightly as I did so. It roared again in pain, my latest attack having brought him down to below fifty percent of its health. I cheered at my success, an excited smirk plastered on my face. "Hey Kasier, I promise I'll try to kill it off before it annoys you with the excessive amount of attacks its been sending at you!" I called, waving at the young woman who I was fighting alongside.

Avalanche:
HP: 42/100 (Focused on Kasier)
 (Bleed: 1/2) (Par 1/1)

[5] Mina: 200/200 HP, 9/20 EN 

[9] Kasier
HP 
740/740 | EN: 74/74 | MIT: 89

@Kasier

Edited by tricolor_mina