PP/F3) A Warm Welcome <<Worn Out Welcome>>

Sky was on the third floor, looking around the town. He had just seen a interesting armor shop.... The sign saying that free armor? Something seemed up about  this.... Sky walked in, curious about what this might be about. Once he got in, he noticed a surely smith who was hard at work. Sky walked up to him, asking about the free gear. He listened as it was explained, and it was pretty simple. If he brought him the materials he needed, he would create any armor asked by the person. Sky didn't need armor to much..... But he knew that there was some level ones in his guild that could use the gear. The quest seemed easy enough. He didn't accept the quest, not yet, instead he opened his menu and went to guild, looking through, then seeing someone he hadn't actually met yet. 

Good a time as any

He sent a message to @XxSulSus , asking him to meet him on the third floor at the door to the blacksmith shop.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walking around in The Town of Beginning Kyoto receives an uncommon message from a guild member. “Stryder…? Never met him before.”
 “Meet me on the third floor next to the blacksmith’s shop”
 “Okay why turn down an invite hopefully I don’t get killed on my way there.”
Kyoto then go to the gate and teleports to the 3rd floor where he meets up with Stryder at the door of the blacksmith’s shop. “Hey man you needed something?” As Kyoto walks closer to the door waving at his guild mate. Pausing in the middle of the road he looks up, wow it looks nice in this world as well that’s cool. Looking around even more Kyoto feels a nice cool breeze whistling in his hair and against the back of his neck. “Man it even feels great here as well I’m very impressed on how they build this game” As Kyoto shows off a little smile.

Sky was surprised with how quick Kyoto got up to him. He had expected to have to wait for a while, but instead, he had come pretty much immediately. He watched as he approached, and with a surprisingly casual hello. He smiled back to him, looking at him, before hearing his question. 

He found it slightly random, but true. The game felt alive, it felt... well, as close to the real world as it was possible to get. Grinning, he responded back to him.

"Its the new world of VR, its as close as we will get to the real world without being there" He says back, then opens the door, walking in and holding it for his guildmate as he walked in. He then looked at the blacksmith and his wife, looking at Kyoto.

"Im Stryder, nice to met you Kyoto, i dragged you up here for a quest. Talk to these guy and get the armor quest, after we finish it you will get a uncommon piece of armor of your choosing and design" He says, answering his initial question. 

Follows along with Stryder, Kyoto talked to the blacksmith and his wife for a quest. The blacksmith look at Kyoto with a little grin and offers him the quest. “Okay this going to be interesting Stryder.” Turning around facing Stryder and smiles as he gets ready for the quest. “Is there anything you want me to bring?”

“I don’t have much Col to get anything so if so you might have to cover it this time. I can pay you back if needed.” As he holds his hand out hoping he will shake his hand. “Please to meet you by the way.”

“Kind of strange being a noob in a higher floor than floor 1.” As he pauses in an awkward position thinking that he just embarrassed himself. “Well this seems weird now.” As he starts to laugh.

Kyoto then quickly puts on his basic sword and his basic armour as he then looks more confident than he did a few mins ago.

Watching as Kyoto went and got the quest. He felt good, he was about to help is first player get stronger. This was is actual job now, their guild was made to help weaker players, and he was going to help Kyoto. 

"Theres nothing we really need to bring, iv got 'Guiding Light', so unless you need something" He replies, shaking his hand. He smiled, starting to walk off towards the dense forests, which was where he guessed was where he had to go. The Forest of Wavering Mist, they had to fight something. He was confident that he was able to beat him, it wouldn't be to hard considering he had a hundred HP. He could take a few hits, most likely. He looked over to Kyoto

"Its not too strange, if you were on your own then yeah, but its not to weird" He responds, not wanting to let it get to awkward. He had just met this guy, and he didn't want there first interaction to fail and for it to be awkward.

Following him Kyoto seems really tensed where he doesn’t let go of his sword that is on his back. “Man I’m scared… I don’t think I’m going to do well on this.”

Walking along side him he asked him some basic information as long as he was interested in answering them. “So what brought you to this game?” as he smiles as he walks little slower than normal.

Man if only he knows the basic concept of the game. Even playing this game for a few days he still haven’t master the whole concept of the attacking and defending part of the game.

Staring into the woods amazed how realistic they made it. “Wow is there anything they messed up on this game?”  feeling the breeze of the wind brushing on his cheeks and hearing it brushing on the leaves. Watching the birds flying around over their heads listening to other animals communicate witch each other makes him feel like a little kid again.

What brought him to this game.... The question was a little to personal. Something you learned playing games, it was best NOT to ask questions about ones real life, it just took the fun out of the game. Some people were trying to escape there real lives, others were here just to have fun. Either way, personal lives stay out of games... but this situation was different, in this game, it was life or death... just like the real world.

"Iv always been a gamer, its either that or just deal with the asses who live in the world" He replied, indulging a little bit. Then, they got to the woods. He was right about it, there wasn't much in this game that they had messed up, except for the no log out feature, but he didn't feel like bringing that up, it would only make the mood bad. 

"What about you?" He asked as they walked, putting a hand on his blade 'Guiding Light' as they continued through the forest in search of the elf.

“Oh me?”

“I joined this game just because people back at home are annoying figured I can fine a new place to be alone at without dealing with family and friends.” As he looks down knowing he’s not telling 100% of the truth.

“Oh by the way you don’t think you can show me the basic?” kind of disappointed of the response he gave him. “I’m not good at combat yet.”

“Kind of been waiting to find someone to show me more on how this system works.”

Stops real quick and look at this tree that was carved with a heart and 2 names he can’t figure out what it says. “Do you know what this says?” As he look at the “Picture” and try to understand who’s names these could be.

“Huh I can’t tell” Thinking its kind of funny that people already falling in love in this game knowing he would never be that lucky.

The amount of questions being thrown at him left him a little.... flabuergausted. He didn't know how to reply!!! Which should he answer first? What should his answer be? A lot seemed to be expected off him... He just had no idea. 

"The basics? Well... sure, im not good at explaining it though... But il do what i can.... And for whats on that tree, it makes sense. This game is so similiar to real life, anything felt in here emotion wise is real. Our brains are wired to this thing" He said to him, smiling. He was glad that was a factor, he didn't want the game to just be a game... he was so glad that this game was so much more, in that sense at least.

Before he could do much else though, a wolf pounced towards Kyoto!!! His reaction was to quickly jump in the way, the wolf getting a claw straight into him!!! He threw the wolf off him, and drew Guiding Light, bolting towards the wolf and with his movement, activating his sword art Snake bite, striking three times in quick succession, cutting deeply into the stupid wolf. He jumped back, holding his sword in front of him. 

"Stupid wolf, if you hit it its dead!" 

ID# 81032 results:

Battle: 5 + 1 (hit)

Snake bite = (3)*1x3 = 9

MOB: 8 (Hit)

Stryder - HP 90/100 Energy 7/10 (H1)

Kyoto - HP 20/20 Energy 2/2 (H0)

---

Wolf HP 1/10 DMG 10

Looking at him. “Well yeah feelings in a game that has real people you figured its be pretty pragmatic for a couple to have feelings in it. I mean think about it were stuck in a game nothing we can’t do in real life we can do in here. I mean the Man a genies. He made this game so realistic why wouldn’t you have feelings for a player that you’re stuck with for who knows how long.” As soon as he ended that sentence he notice Stryder charging at him as a wolf come out of nowhere and strikes Stryder.

“Are you okay?” as he then wields his basic iron long sword staring at the wolf. A few sec gone by and Kyoto decided to do the first move and charges at the wolf. Surprisingly he manage to hit the wolf as he then witness the wolf destroyed into millions of pixilated crystals. “Are you okay? That look like that hurt a bit.” As he stares at him with excitement knowing he just killed his first mob and also realising that he just repeated himself.

ID# 81035 results:

Battle: 6+0 (hit)

Stryder - HP 90/100 Energy 7/10 (H1)

Kyoto - HP 20/20 Energy 2/2 (H1)

---

Wolf HP 0/10 DMG 10 (Dead)

Sky breaths a sigh of relief as he watched Kyoto kill the wolf. He had taken ten damage from that thing, if it had hit Kyoto... it would have nearly killed him. He knew that he had been in no real danger, but it was still just the fear that it could happen. He had dragged him up here, and hell be damned was he going to get him killed!

He sheathed his sword, putting it back on his back, the small light vanishing as it entered its Sheathe. He walked over, giving a thumbs up to Kyoto.

"Im all good, iv fought tougher things than a wolf, and you don't feel pain. I learnt that while punching a rock... don't ask" He says, blushing a little about how just pathetic it sounded to say that.  "You didn't get hit right?" He asked right after, looking at him with an intent stare.

--------

Stryder HP 93/100 Energy 8/10

Looks at him. “Nah man I’m alright he didn’t even scratch me. I never got to witness the beginning of the game. I was one those players that was transferred to either the hospital or my sister tried to pull the plug to see if that will free me. I never got the chance to meet new people or even get a little head start on the opening day. To be honest I don’t remember much about the beginning of this game. Well then shall we continue on with our journey?”

Thinking to him self Kyoto cant believe he met a person and might actually become friends with him. He joined a guild to think he was going to get help but at the same time feel like a solo player as well. “Hey I know this is kind of dumb to ask but what your goals for this game? I mean were stuck in here do you want to really beat the game?”

His goals? Sky already knew it. It wasn't even a question of what, it was a question of how. He turned, looking at him. His face had no fear on it, he wasn't scared of the goal that Atzo had set for him. At all. It was a simple goal that didn't even put him in danger if he didn't want to. He had a way to do what he could, and was going to do it. 

"Iv got a goal. Its simple, straightforward, and important... someone gave it to me, and i will do it, even if it kills me. My goal is to save anyone i can, i will not fall to the point of being forced to watch others die, i won't stand by. There is no sideline in this game, if i stand out, im just as much in fault. My goal, is to protect everyone i can" He says with determination. He meant every word of it, then, he noticed something out of the ordinary... somehting coming towards them?

"More trouble found us" He says to Kyoto.

He drew his sword again, watching as the dark elf charged towards him. As he got close, Sky quickly activated his Snake bite again, striking three times and forcing it to back off a little, he watched as it regained footing, a chunk of its HP being taken out already

ID# 81039 results:

Battle: 8 + 1 (Hit)

Snake bite = (3)*1x3 = 9

MOB: 4

Stryder - HP 93/100 Energy 5/10 (H1)

Kyoto - HP 20/20 Energy 2/2 (H0)

---

Dark Elf

HP: 3/12
Damage per Attack: 9

Edited by Stryder

Yeah I know the feeling. I kind of feel the same thing. But I’m hoping to fine this person that killed my parents. Hoping that he will be here. I want revenge to the person that destroyed my family and change who we are as a whole.” Pauses a moment as he sees Stryder raise his sword and then attacking the elf.

“Oh crap I think he found us.” As Kyoto quickly gets into his ready stance and and waits for the first move as he did in the last battle. Quickly deciding to take the  first move Kyoto quickly attack the Dark Elf slashing his sword at the torso of the elf as he manage to get a crit off of his attack. As he then watches the elf shatter into millions of pixilated crystals. “WhooHoo! Man I never get this lucky fighting.” As Kyoto is getting really excited.

ID# 81042 results:

Battle: 9+0

Damage: 2+1 (Crit)

Stryder - HP 93/100 Energy 5/10 (H1)

Kyoto - HP 20/20 Energy 2/2 (H1)

---

Dark Elf

HP: 0
Damage per Attack: 9

Sky watched as Kyoto cut down the elf, watching as it shattered into thousands of shards. A "menu appeared, showing he had gotten some materials, and then, the quest log changed. He smiled, sending the materials to Kyoto. He was the one doing the quest, Sky had no need for these materials at all. He had heard his story, it was sad, he was here to find a killer.... That made him even more worried now, if that was the case, the killer could possibly be a high level player... If they were in SAO...

"Hey after we get back, i want you to go see my friend Eatos. She is a blacksmith on the Fourth floor. She was the one who made this sword for me. Take this" He said, opening a trade menu and sending 350 Col to him. "Use it plus whatever you get from this quest to get her to create you a rare sword. It will help you stay alive" He said, smiling as he sent the Col and material over.

"I only ask one thing in return, use it to keep others safe. Do what you can to protect people close to you, so that you won't ever lose anyone again" He says, starting to walk back the way they had came.

-350 Col.

As Kyoto looks at him with a blank stare. “Hey…. Thanks, I want my sister to know that I’m coming back. I don’t want her to think I abandon her just because of the person that killed our parents. And for your advise I will buddy I promise. Who knows we might be able to meet each other in the real world.” As Kyoto accepts the trade agreement and walks towards him head back to the shop.

“Hey do you have anyone to be your partner? Like I said before I’m alone I don’t have anyone to be with and plus were guild members  isn’t t hat what were here for?” Smiling as he puts his hand out expecting him to shake it once more.

Waiting for the shake Kyoto feels a breeze. But not any breeze its one that feels really cold like something bad about to happen like you see in the scary movies. “Man I’m not liking this feeling.”

The fact that Kyoto said he had a sister, made Sky feel even better. He was helping someone get back to someone that they loved, and that was exactly what he planned to do for everyone he could. This was his real starting point, and nothing was going to change that. 

"We both gotta survive first, and doing it alone is suicide" He replied, to both him saying about the real world, and him about being partners. It felt good, knowing he wasn't going to be alone. He shook his head, glad to have a friend. He opened his menu up, and actually sent him a friend request. He smiled, glad that this was almost done, but then he heard growling.... He groaned, not wanting to have to fight yet again, but it seemed they did. 

"We got another wolf!" He calls, turning and reaching for his sword, but as he tried to pull it out, the wolf pounced. Sky narrowly dogged, ducking under it as it launched over head, its swipe missing by a cenimeter. He pulled out his sword, his attack having already failed.

"Wait till i get a hit" He said, staring right at the wolf.

ID# 81043 results:

Battle: 1+1 Critical Fail

MOB: 5

Stryder - HP 96/100 Energy 4/10 (H0)

---

Wolf HP 10/10 DMG 10

Smiles as I accept his friend request watching him almost getting taken out Kyoto freezes and determine if he should attack and see if he can help or hold off until Sky is ready. “Man I don’t know what to do I know if I hold off were both fine but if I don’t do something I might regret it” as he was thinking what to do. Quickly he made his decision. He’s going to attack to get the wolf off of Sky and focus more on him.

Kyoto quickly charges at the wolf but misses by a few inches hoping it would bring the attention of the wolf to him. “Man lets hope this works. I’m going to be in a pickle if it doesn’t” quickly looking at the wolf bringing the attention to Kyoto he feels a little panic as of right now. “Really? Man I’m so dead”

ID# 81045 results:

Battle: 4+0

Stryder - HP 96/100 Energy 4/10 (H0)

---

Wolf HP 10/10 DMG 10

Edited by XxSulSus

Why!

Sky mentally shouts as he see's Kyoto coming in to attempt to save him. He was fine, he wasn't in any real danger, as long as he didn't get hit a few more times. He got up, sword drawn this time and goes for a strike, the wolf dogging it, and with insane speed taking a bite into Sky's side. He didn't yelp in pain, but his mental fear was spiking, the wolf, had just sunk his fangs into him. He watched the wolf let go, jumping back. Sky quickly held the sword out in front of him, positioning himself in between the wolf, and Kyoto.

"Like hell your taking him!" He yells at the wolf, his protective side starting to show. Nothing was going to stop him from keeping Kyoto safe, this wolf was not going to harm him!

ID:81044

BD: 2+1 (Miss)

MD 9 (Crit + 1 DMG)

Stryder - HP 85/100 Energy 2/10 (H0)

---

Wolf HP 10/10 DMG 10

This was not how he wanted to be spending today. He had checked his guild stats and saw that the two low level players had decided to take a quest and fight some mobs. He was going to scold them, Fighting a monster that could drop one of them to half in 1 hit and not having a contingency plan. He had noticed the sudden drop in Stryders health and sprinted through the forest. He had been in the floor three tavern when he noticed. By the time he was in combat range he activated Charge, causing him to sprint at double speed. The two players wouldn't be able to see who it was until the wolf was dead. Atzo activated Cyclone as he ran the speed helping him to deal more damage. He ended it kneeling, If Stryder had anything in that head of his, he would probably want to run. Atzo slowly stood up “WHAT… THE HELL… DID YOU TWO… THINK YOU WERE DOING” Atzo was panting as he spoke, he was used to running great distances but this was worse than most of those. He turned to the two, A fire in his eyes. It was clear that he was not happy with them.

@XxSulSus

ID# 81046

Spoiler

Battle 4+2=6 (Hit) [DMG=(6+1{Charge})*4=28]

Stats

Spoiler

Stryder - HP 85/100 Energy 2/10 (H0)

Kyoto - HP 20/20 Energy 2/2 (H0)

Atzo 300/300 HP | 26/30 En | 6 DMG | 3 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 LM | 1 Savvy 

---

Wolf HP -18/10 DMG 10 (Dead)

Edited by Atzo