PP-F4)Searching for a Fox (Nashoba)

Sky was sitting near the teleport gate on the first floor of Aincrad. The town of Beginnings. He came here a lot, seeing if anyone needed help, but they never... Well, never really did. Everyone had someone with them already, so he normally just sat there observing everyone. He was about to call it quits for today. He had been here for an hour, and no one had shown up. He sighed, pulling Guiding Light off his back. He didn't swing it, he was in a safe zone, no point. But still. He held it out. After Shield had Appraised it, the blade had become a perfect item, and had gained a new enchantment. But he didn't like the enchantment, he felt that... well it didn't suit a sword.

He stood up, looking around one last time, wondering if anyone would show up wanting help. He knew they didn't know that was what he was doing... but if someone wanted it they would just need to ask.

@Nashoba

Edited by Stryder

Oh, where to go? I wonder if it would be smart of me to explore the game a little bit. They have gotten so far in this game, and I have yet to leave floor one for more than a few hours. Surely I cannot go alone. But I have no one to go with. I wonder if I can get a pet. I wish to have something to remember Grace with, I regret that I could not bring her notes. I wish I could still be able to reference them from time to time. Though I know that the idea of that is futile. Perhaps I should start to write down my own experiences so that I may find the lessons in them instead. Nashoba walked with eloquence, almost seeming to glide across the ground. Her eyes never meeting the gaze of another person. Oh, what to do? Maybe I should attempt to find one of those kind gentlemen that I met on the first day. No, I dont want to b-

Suddenly she ran into someone, it wasn't hard enough to knock him over, or really even stagger him. Oh no, I can't believe I let that happen I am so sorry, sir. Please forgive me She bowed to Stryder as she asked for his forgiveness I really should have been paying better attention I should leave, but I need to find a way to make it up to him. surely there must be something I can do

@Stryder

He had his back turned when he felt the bump into the back of him, not staggering, or moving him but just shaking him as he felt someone run into him. He turned around, looking at who it was, seeing a girl. He watched as she quickly appologized, bowing down and being... Really formal??? He wasn't used to this, in this game nearly everyone he had met was just either a really casual guy outside of guilds or shops, or just didn't care. He hadn't met anyone so formal yet, he actually found it a little cute.

"Hey don't worry about it" He replies, smiling at her. "What were you in such a rush for?" He asked, spinning the blade around and sliding it back into his sheathe. He didn't want to scare the poor girl, they may be in a safe zone, but still, it was dangerous emotionally to be threatened with a sword. 

Oh, gracious me, did I seem to be in a rush? That was not at all my intention. I do hope that I didn't fluster him Nashoba shook her head at the man, still not meeting his gaze. I am to be apologetic for running into such a gentleman of a high class. His hair style does remind me of those who came over from japan during Grace's meetings, perhaps his customs are different? Oh, I hope I did not offend him! 

He asked a question of me, I need to respond accordingly. I am on my way to floor four, kind sir! I am looking to find myself an arctic fox to have as a companion I said to much didn't I? He did not need to know what I was looking for, he only asked for where I was going. I hope I am not bothering him by taking up his time. Oh, if he is of Japanese culture I surely have offended him by being in his presence and talking too him for too long. I must apologize and be on my way. But when I get to the fourth floor where am I too look? I don't want to get lost there, I wonder if there is a map that I can look at to gain assistance from.

Sir? He hadn't heard it before, just then. Why was she calling him sir? Did she see him as someone important? He wasn't an important person, he was pretty sure most people in this game didn't even know his name. Only people who knew him was parts of his guild and Eatos, everyone else probably didn't even remember him if they had met him.

This girl is strange, she's so formal.... Wonder why? Best not to ask till i get to know her better. And going for a Familiar? Floor four is dangerous, i'd better go to

"Arctic Fox? Sounds cute! Want some help finding it?" He asks, smiling at the girl. She seemed really nervous, trying to avoid eye contact, and was being insanely formal. But even though she seemed a bit.... flustered? He was still going to help, if anything it made him want to help more. 

Really hope this girl knows what she's doing going to floor four.... I'l keep her safe... Iv got to.

Edited by Stryder

He wants to assist me? I wonder what it is driving him to do such things. Surely I cannot say no, such a request has only the answer of yes for a servant like me. Though his words seem to give me doubt about his heritage.  I would be honored to have your assistance, Sir Nashoba had a small warm smile on her face I hope assisting me isn't going to bother him. Such would be the case for most. An upper class citizen should have no worry for a servant girl like myself. I wonder why he seems so intent on assisting me? Perhaps I should ask him, though I feel as though It is not my place.

Oh, How could I have been so disrespectful? I haven't even introduced myself yet! My name is Nashoba, It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, noble knight Nashoba  gave a bow to Stryder once more I do hope I didn't upset him by my forgetfulness in giving him my name. I should write down what is going on so that I may place it in my memory not to let it happen again. Such things should be first nature to a servant girl like me!

Honored? Assistance? She was using really fancy words he would normally only hear at like, one of his parents business meetings or when he was in a shop with a polite keep, not normally words he'd he hearing from a girl in a casual place. He found it strange, but also.... intriguing. Then she introduced herself. She also had a unique name, it wasn't one of those messed up  game names like 'Killer912' with all the numbers in it, but a normal name. Nashoba. 

Then she said it.

Noble Knight???

He couldn't help but let out a laugh. It was a complement that he hadn't expected, this was just random. He didn't even look like a knight, we wasn't wearing and armor or anything, just had his sword strapped to his back.

"Me? A knight? Im no Knight, just a member of the Emerald Harbingers Recon Division. The names Stryder, nice to meet you 'Nash' " He replies, deciding to give her a nickname. She seemed to formal, and he wanted to try and snap her out of it, if he could. Maybe if he showed himself as a friend he might get somewhere, but either way, he smiled at the girl, wondering where this would lead.

Did I mislabel him? That is not good, I assumed that everyone in this game was a knight. I am very sorry I mislabeled you, Sir Stryder. What did he just say? 'Nash'? That simply wont do. A servant doesn't need a nickname, such things are only for those who are of higher class and have a bond of friendship I don't mean to offend you, kind sir, but please just call me Nashoba. I am not of the class to be called anything else.  Nashoba bowed to Stryder once more as she mentioned her class, placing her hand in the middle of her chest as she did. She still had not looked him in the eyes. What are these Messengers he speaks of? And what is the meaning of Recon? Seeing as harbinger is a synonym for messenger, I wonder what there message is and what does it have to do with Emerald?

I believe we should get going though I don't want to rush him. Surely my request has offended him enough I do not want to drive him away with my impatience.  Nashoba pulled a small memo pad out of her pocket and a fountain pen. Writing down notes on what had gone on thus far today I am sure that I will find quite the large lot of things to pull from today as important lessons. I at least hope that is the case.

Sir Stryder? Something about this made him feel like she was underestimating herself, and then he heard it. 'I am not in the class to be called anything else' Before bowing again. He was dumbstruck, did she just see herself as a servant? What is she, she must realize she can be who she wants here. She thinks she is not important enough to have a nickname.... How to show her she is important...

He thought for a minute, before deciding how he wanted to react.

"But Nash sounds so much cuter then Nashoba, besides, i like giving nicknames to those i like" He responds, watching as she pulled out a memo pad and started to write down some stuff. He didn't sticky beak to much, letting her write down her notes. He looked up, guessing it might be a good time to head off. 

"Does the fair lady Nash want to go find a Arctic Fox?" He asks, smiling as he took a small bow to her. He was guessing she was from a society with a very big class system, which one he didn't know, but either way, that didn't define her here, and he wasn't going to treat her like any less an equal.

Why did he just bow to me? Why is he still calling me Nash? These things are not how a servant should be treated! I wonder why he doesn't conform to the class structure. Nashoba frowned at Stryder and shook her head Please, Sir, do not bow to me. I am quite content with my position. And if you wish for something else to call me you may call me Olivia, however I beg of you, do not call me Nash. I hope I am not being to forward but it is my job as a servant to instruct those who don't know how to go about speaking to someone of a lower class. I certainly cannot accept being seen as anything more than a servant! Oh, goodness me, I forgot  to answer his question! I shall follow you, Sir Stryder I hope he isn't too upset by my distaste for nicknames. It is just not my place to have such things.

I cannot wait to see the wonderland again. It was so pristine when I last was on the fourth floor, I wonder if Sir Stryder has ever been to Frostbite Lake. It is such a magnificent place to go, and from what I have heard, there may even be treasure somewhere in the lake. Grace told me about treasure. She spoke of mystical places that had things that could bring a whole families of low class servants to the top of the upper class. It was simply immaculate, just the thought of such things.

Sky was insanely confused now. Olivia, it sounded like a real name. It was a real name, it wasn't something you would call your character.... or was it? Maybe she was roleplaying her character to a different degree? Maybe Nashoba was her warrior name but her characters real name was Olivia? That must be it... Why would she just tell him her real name? He didn't show how confused he had been, instead walking to the teleport gate with her. She was determined not to be called Nash, and she seemed like it was annoying her, so he would accept the request, and not call her Nash again. Maybe at a later date, but for now, he would respect her wishes. 

"Oliva is a beautiful name, guess thats what il call you if you don't like the nickname. Alright Lady Olivia, to Snowfrost" He says, the gate warping them to the fourth floor. Once he was out of the gate, he waited for her to come up here to, standing by the gate. 

"I wonder why she's acting like this.... Is Olivia her real name or a name she made up....." He pondered, not realizing he had been speaking aloud, but it was quiet, more like muttering under his own breath.

Why, yes actually. My real name is Olivia. Nashoba had heard him speaking as she left the teleporter I still do not see why he refers to me as a owner of an estate, though I think I will be okay with it as long as he calls me Olivia or Nashoba. I wonder why he is being so kind to me. Was it something I did or said? Oh, I hope he is not just planning to use me, though I wouldn't mind as long as I am helping make him happy. Oooo Look at all this snow, I always forget how beautiful it is here. Though I also always forget to bring anything more than my skirt. I will be fine though, it wouldn't be the first time I needed to walk through the snow in very little clothing. Though it does seem colder here than the last time I came.

If you don't mind, Sir Stryder, I would appreciate it if you would come with me to Frostbite Lake. It is very beautiful there Nashoba smiled at Stryder, her eyes closed as to not look him in the eyes, her skin had a slight blush. This is going to be such wonderful fun! I am sure we will be able to have a magnificent time on our way to Frostbite Lake. I do so hope I will be able to see the wildlife as we walk. If I am really lucky I may be able to find an Arctic Fox to tame!

I was thinking out loud!!! And wait.... THAT IS HER REAL NAME!

Sky couldn't believe it, she had just told him her real name, HER real life name. The name that everyone who knew her would use. He knew it... He was visably confused now, though he composed himself quickly, smiling at her, then she asked him if he wanted to go with her to Frostbite Lake. She once again had called him Sir Stryder, though he felt strange know knowing her real name, but she didn't know his... should he tell her?

"I would be honored Lady Olivia"  He replied, giving a small bow before straighting up, his face having a small blush on it with how she had asked. He looked at her, noticing once again she was trying to avoid eye contact. He wondered why, was she just shy? Or was it something more? Before they started walking though, he noticed she wasn't wearing anything that looked to warm. He took his jacket off, offering it to her, the enchanted jacket 'Summer Star's, his first successful craft. 

"It gets pretty cold out here M'lady, take this" He said, offering it to her.

(Assuming of Journal Picture)

Edited by Stryder

Bless his heart, he is so kind. I don't deserve this kindness by any means! I do suppose I have upset him enough though, I shall humor him at least for a little while. But, Sir Stryder, won't you get cold? I should accept him giving me the jacket I guess, though it does feel weird having someone tend to me like this. I am not sure how much I like it, but if it puts a smile on his face I shall allow it.

This walk is going to be quite long I feel, though I am very happy to see this wonderland of snow. Are those, rabbits? I can't say I have seen one before. Sir Stryder, I am sorry to ask this of you but could you tell me what those creatures are over there? Nashoba pointed at two white rabbits Oh, I hope they are rabbits. I have never seen them in real life, I have only ever been able to imagine them based off of Grace's descriptions. Though these seem to fit the build rather well.

He smiled, shaking his head when she asked him about the cold. He had been on this floor before, and he had realized unless you let it, you can ignore the cold. He had done that when he visited his friends store. 

"Its sweet that your concerned for me, but i'l be fine, im used to the cold" He replied. Where he was born it was normally pretty hot, the summers being insanely brutal and unforgiving, but then at winter.... Sometimes he'd need to wear two jumpers to keep himself warm. Outside of that he had grown pretty used to the cold. His train of thought was broken when she asked him to identify some animals. He looked over, seeing two snow white rabbits. They were cute, and got another small smile out of him.

"Those are Rabbits, cute creatures until they bite you when you try to feed them" He answers, saying the last part as a small joke, hoping she wouldn't take it the wrong way. He followed up by asking his own question "Haven't you seen Rabbits before M'Lady Olivia?" He inquires, a little curious about her. He still wanted to know why she gave him her real name, but that was a question for another time.

No, this is my first time seeing these creatures, Master Stryder. Why would they bite you if you were trying to feed them? Wouldn't that make them less likely to get food in the future? Nashoba stopped walking, sketching a near perfect replica of what the rabbits looked like in her memo pad using her fountain pen. Strange that they would attack you for giving them food. Shouldn't they be thankful to someone who is feeding them? It must be good that I am not wanting a rabbit then! I don't think I would want a creature that bites me while I try to feed it. I wonder how I am supposed to approach the animal I want. Normally animals just come to me, Grace always called it my kind spirit, though I do not know what she means by that

Oh, a doe! I remember seeing those at the lake near Grace's manor. I wonder if I will see more of those while I am out here with master Stryder. I wonder what made him decide to join me, I did run into him. That is no way to make a good first impression.

Now she called him master? He didn't know why she kept addressing him like royalty, he wasn't anything 'royal'. He had rich parents, but he wasn't royalty in any way, but just decided to shrug it off, letting it slide like a water of a ducks back. He looked at her, surprised that she had never actually seen a rabbit before.

"They bite you because they get greedy. You will hold food out, and as they nibble all up it, they will bite your finger trying to get the part they can't reach" He answered. He hadn't fed to many rabbits before, but the domestic one he had fed had bitten him quite harshly. He had been pretty devastated at the time, until he had learnt that it was just a greedy animal. When she paused, he stopped to, watching as she started drawing? He walked over, looking at the memo pad, and was awestruck by her art. He looked up at the rabbits, lousing in the snow and then back at it, it was almost perfect! The only difference he could tell was the color. 

"Wow, your a great artist Lady Olivia" He said to her, complementing the art he had just saw. He felt bad for stickybeaking into what she had been doing, but he hoped she wouldn't think to bad of it. Something he loved about games, and life in general was the random events that lead to meeting people, and this was definitely turning out to be a pleasant one.

(You can roll for your familiar when you want, we hit the needed post count to do it :) ) 

Edited by Stryder

No, I am not that good. I have a lot of room to improve. Though I think I shall just take the compliment. I do wonder, how close we are to Frostbite Lake. I know we are not lost, I know where how to get there by heart. I always love to frolic in the snow arround the lake. I won-

Wh-What is brushing against my leg? I-is that the arctic fox I have been searching for? How wonderful! Nashoba knelt down in the snow next to the small fox and held out some bread. The fox quickly ate the bread and hopped into Nashoba's lab Oh, Isn't this wonderful, Master Stryder? I finally have something to remember Grace by in this new life of mine! I think I shall name you Motega. I do hope you enjoy being my companion little Motega. I know I will enjoy every second of my time spent with you. Nashoba hugged the foxes neck nuzzling into it slightly out of happiness.

This is absolutely wonderful! I can't believe I found a friend like Motega! I can't wait to learn all about her, I am sure that we will get along perfectly. Ooo I need to jot this down. Nashoba began to write in her memo pad before realizing she was still on the ground. Oh, how will I get up in a way that is still lady like? I don't think I should ask master Stryder for a hand, I feel that I would just be an annoyance if I did that.

Dice: ID# 81248

Loot: 17+2 (Cloak) = 19

Familiar

Spoiler

Name: Motega

ID: 81248

Roll: Loot 17+2=19

Item Type: Familar
Tier: T1

Enhancements: 

Familiar Mastery: Treasure Hunter

0 Ranks

Passive LD Bonus

Effect: +1 LD per rank.

Description: Your familiar helps you look for treasure. For each Skill Level invested, the player gains +1 to their LD.

Description: A small cute white fox that is very energetic and tends to be very excited. It is very good at finding treasures and observing when danger is approaching

Post Link: 

tl-arcticfox.thumb.gif.29800c7e8fca7398cf6e4c17c9973eeb.gif

Edited by Nashoba

Sky hadn't noticed the Fox, it must have been creeping up, to them slowly, but when he saw Olivia sit down, he wondered why, looking over and seeing why she had sat down, only to see the cute thing. He blushed a little watching how the fox jumped into her lap and how she hugged it.

She looks just as cute as- DID I REALLY JUST THINK THAT!!! 

He turned red for a moment before collecting himself, then remembering what she had just said. Something about someone called Grace? Maybe someone she had lost in the real world? He didn't feel like it was right to ask, instead offering a hand to help her up with a warm smile on his face, still a little embarrassed at what he had just thought.

"You have a way with animals, Fox are normally really shy, but this little one just walked right up to you. Congratulations M'lady Olivia" He said to her, smiling before adding "Grace will be proud of you" 

He hoped he had said the right thing then, his worry building up but not showing. He didn't want to ask about her personal life, it was wrong, but something about what he had said felt right. He just hoped he didn't hurt her at all for saying that.

Grace would be proud of me if she were still here, I do truly believe that. Though I hate to think of her too much. I am sorry to correct you like this, Master Stryder, but I believe the term would be 'Grace would be proud of you'. A small tear ran down Nashoba's cheek as she looked at the snow and Motega. So much has happened today. It is a lot to be forced to sit and think about. I thought I had come to terms with her death. Maybe not, have I just been running from my feelings? Nashoba approaches Stryder I hope I don't offend you, but if you would be so kind, I need someone to comfort me tears ran down Nashoba's face, her tone was unsteady and revealing. She wasted no time waiting for Stryder to respond to her before grabbing his shirt and leaning against him

What has happened to me? I feel as though all purpose had been reaped from my body. Is there anything more that I can do? Grace is gone, she is truly gone. What am I to do? How am I to keep on going without her there to guide me? W...Why... Why did she have to go, Sir Stryder, Why did she have to leave? Nashoba was sobbing, unable to stop herself

@Stryder