<PP-F1> Emerald Retrieval (Eatos & Stryder)

Eatos was, in a way, thankful the Panther hadn't turned its head towards her. While it was a guilty one with Stryder being the one being focused, she was thankful because he had armour, even if it looked silly. He seemed to be fine, despite having just been ambushed. She was so thankful he was here with her. She tightened the grip on her new Rapier, but looked over at Stryder.

"A-are you ok Stryder...?" She asked as she prepared to strike against the Panther "It isn't hurting you is it?"

While waiting for an answer, she took several steps forwards and swung at the Panthers side once again. However, the beast seemed ready and swung a claw at her. Out of fear, the girl pulled back instantly, her blade weakly clashing against its' claws as she back-peddled next to Stryder, taking several deep breaths. She hadn't expected it to look at her, that, hungrily....

--------------------------------------

ID: 81934

Battle: 4 (+1Acc) = 5 (Miss)

-------------------------------------

Panther HP - 33/60 DMG 18

(H3) Stryder HP - 119/120 - Energy 7/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H1) Eatos HP - 60/60 - Energy 6/8 - Mit 0 - 1 EVA - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky shook his head when she asked if it was hurting him. His armor deflected every hit it tried to do. He was taken aback though when she jumped back to hide next to him, taking his attention off the panther for a second to long. He turned and saw it pounce on him!!! He quickly threw it off, but as it landed, it pounced again, tackling him from behind and slashing his back. Thankfully his claws pretty much bounced off, but he pushed it off him, rolling up and leaping up, grabbing his sword off the ground.

"Im fine, keep you eye on it... Its a sneaky bugger" he said to her, his eyes narrowing down on the panther. He wasn't about to be KILLED by a panther, and he wasn't about to let someone else be killed by it. Eatos was in no danger, and hewas going to make sure of it.

ID# 81935 results:

Battle: 1 + 2 = 1 (Miss)

MOB: 8 = hit

Panther HP - 33/60 DMG 18

(H3) Stryder HP - 118/120 - Energy 6/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H1) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 - Mit 0 - 1 EVA - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

Eatos was almost forced to watch as the Panther pounced on Stryder! She felt frozen in place as the feline pounced on his back and clawed away at him! She was certain it was her fault, she'd seen his eyes move to her right before it pounced. Thankfully Stryder didn't seem too injured, maybe that armour was paying off. She was angry at she'd allowed Stryder to get hit, and swung at the Panther. She hadn't expected her Rapier to scratch its face, but this time, she didn't back up behind Stryder, she was one step forwards, in front of him.

Because the pair hadn't partied up, she wasn't aware that the Panther had done only 2 damage to him. She thought he had taken plenty more, and was now trying to place herself between him and it. While it terrified her, she took a deep breath, and silently recited the words on her Rapier. I am without fear.

--------------

Id: 81936

Battle: 6 (+1ACc) = 7

3DMG

------------------

Panther HP - 30/60 DMG 18

(H3) Stryder HP - 118/120 - Energy 6/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H2) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 - Mit 0 - 1 EVA - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

Sky watched as Eatos went in front of him, though he was quick to respond, knowing that if she stayed in front she could get hurt. He sidestepped her, moving in for a basic strike, trying to get its attention. His blade went under the panther, who had jumped to doge it, and as it swung its claw at Sky, he dropped fully to the ground, the swipe going overhead, he then pushed the panther, kicking it lightly. His foot had done no damage at all, but the panther had been pushed away a little.

"Eatos, don't try and take hits for me, im fine. This armor protects me from all the damage this thing can do, it hasn't even scratched me yet" He said, turning to her with a wide smile and a thumbs up before looking back at the panther. this thing was starting to be a pain in the ass!!! Why wouldn't it just die!

ID# 81937 results:

Battle: 2 + 1 - 3 - miss

MOB: 6 - 1 - miss

(H3) Stryder HP - 118/120 - Energy 5/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

Eatos didn't want to be in front of Stryder, but she had no idea what his HP was at and assumed that the Panther had been taking chunks out of him. She was, therefore, very surprised when Stryder pushed in front of her to attack the monster! She was trying to looking at him! The scrap against the panther seemed to result is no damage either way, and the girl gripped her Rapier for her next attack.

"Wait, that silly looking armour has defensive statistics?!" She had to admit, it surprised her slightly. The armour looked ceremonial more than anything, and had assumed as much. To know it was keeping Stryder alive...It calmed her, and when she went for her next stab, she managed to find the spot of the Panthers front leg , before withdrawing her blade. She't hit it, not too much now...right?

---------------

Id:81940

Battle: 5 (+1Acc) = 6

3DMG

------------------

Panther HP - 27/60 DMG 18

(H3) Stryder HP - 118/120 - Energy 5/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

Sky nodded at her, his armor actually having stats.

"Yes, this armor gives me evasion stat and mitigation" He said, before the panther once again took a swipe at him. Instead of trying to move, he let it hit him, giving the panther a brutal death stare. The panther, seeing the stare, grows at him, only for Sky to activate his snake bite and smash the panther three times, it yelping in pain as it bounced away, wounded. Its health bar was in the red, it was nearly dead. One or two more hits and it would be all over. He just stared at it, before snapping out and looking at Eatos.

"In this fight it has literally done about... three damage to me" He said to her, giving a thumbs up before looking at it again, giving it a death stare that meant he was going to kill it.

ID# 81951 results:

Battle: 10 ( Plus 2 dmg)

DMG = 3 + 2 - 5 = 5x3 = 15

MOB: 7

Panther HP - 13/60 DMG 18

(H4) Stryder HP - 117/120 - Energy 3/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

Eatos watched at the Panther leaped onto Stryder, but he didn't seem to mind as he slammed into the creature, hitting it with what looked like a ton of damage and forcing it back. It's health bar had dropped dramatically, that 'Sword Art' he had used taking it down quickly. She knew she herself didn't have a sword art, after all, she hadn't intended to fight too much.

Three Damage?! That's how much the armour was keeping him alive?! That was ridiculous, there was no way the Panther was only doing three damage a hit, but, she had no intention to find out how much damage Stryders armour was mitigating, because that meant she'd get hit and would really rather not! But, she could still strike against it! She dived forwards and to the left, and threw a piercing stab at the Panthers side, jabbing into it and lowering its health some more.

"Three health?! That's....What?!" She was in disbelief that a suit was reducing his damage that much...

---------

Id: 81952

Battle: 5 (+1ACC) = 6 (Hit)

3 DMG

---------

Panther HP - 10/60 DMG 18

(H4) Stryder HP - 117/120 - Energy 3/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H2) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 - Mit 0  - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

He noticed how Eatos was in disbelief. He had literally taken only about three damage this fight, and as he was thinking what the panther came at him again. Sky was quick to swing his blade, though he missed, the panther dogging his blade nimbly before delivering another scratch at him, his suit once again fully mitigating the damage, himself only taking one damage.

"Make that four. This suit is protective Eatos, it may not look it, but it has nice stats" He replied, before smiling at her. He looked at his energy gauge, he was almost out, he had maybe one more sword art in him before he was limited to just normal attacks..... He hoped that Eatos hit it, then he hit with his sword art, If they managed that, the panther was dead and it was all over. He begged for her to hit it as he sttood there, no fear of dying, he knew he wouldn't.

ID# 81955 results:

Battle: 3 + 2 = 5 Miss

MOB: 7 - 1 = 6 - hit

Panther HP - 10/60 DMG 18

(H4) Stryder HP - 116/120 - Energy 2/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H2) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 

Armour could reduce damage by that much? While part of her said that was impossible, it did make sense, that was armours purpose and a skilled blacksmith could enhancing it t massively reduce incoming damage. Perhaps that meant she'd need heavy armour? She hoped not, wasn't so much her style. But, with the Panther down in the red, even she knew it was nearly over. Somehow she'd taken no damage, unaware of the 'agro' system mobs used. She prepared herself for yet another strike, and launched forwards. Her stab connecting on the face of the Panther once again, and dropping its health to single figures. It was almost over as she backed up, giving Stryder a clear opening for a killing shot.  

-----------------

Id:81956

Battle: 8 (+1ACC) = 9 (Hit)

3DMG

----------------

Panther HP - 7/60 DMG 18

(H4) Stryder HP - 116/120 - Energy 2/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H3) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

Sky smiled as Eatos moved out of the way Sky moving in with his snake bite to get the kill. He closed in, leaping over the panthers head, landing behind it. He spun, doing a one eighty and staring at the panther, the panther whimpering right before the sword sliced it down, the three slices cutting it into three pieces, all three turning into millions of red shards, showing it was dead. He watched as his loot menu came up, giving him one hundread and eighty Col, and one tier one material. He grinned, glad he was still in the lead. He looked over, a little sad he hadn't gotten anything he could give her.... Then he had an idea, opening his menu and sending her 90 Col, half of what he had gotten from the mob drop.

"Thanks for the help. Don't worry about me, i got a material out of that. You can take half the col, you deserve it for helping"

ID# 81957 results:

Battle: 6 + 1 - 7

DMG - 3x3 - 9

MOB: 1

Panther HP - 0/60 DMG 18

(H4) Stryder HP - 116/120 - Energy 0/12 -mit 18 - 1 EVA - 1 acc - 1 Keen

(H3) Eatos HP - 80/80 - Energy 6/8 - DMG 3 - 1 ACC

Loot roll

ID# 81958 results:

Craft: 7 - 1 Mat

Loot: 4 + 2 - 6

Col - 180 / Split to both 90 each

Mats collected this thread

Stryder - 3

Eatos - 0

Eatos watched as Stryder sliced up the Panther, and she couldn't not feel some level of guilt. While it had been trying to kill her, she loved animals and part of her saw the Panther as a real animal. She shouldn't have, but she felt bad for the creature as it exploded into pieces. She frowned slightly as she found herself 90 Col richer, but didn't argue. She had helped, slightly, so she accepted it before pulling out her pickaxe once again, letting Rapier of Wrath rest on her hips.

She lifted the axe above her head and swung at the ground, resulting in...! MORE DIRT!

"Urgh...Is there nothing but dirt in this area? This has to be a sick joke..."

----------

Id:  81969

Loot: 9 (+2LD) = 11 (Nothing)

Stryder put his sword away, having finally finished the fight. He was glad the panther was gone, though he felt bad for it. His animal for the guild was a panther, he had chosen it due to how the first loot mob he had fought was with atzo, and it had been a panther. He felt a little bad, but he had kept everyone alive... so he was just glad it was over. He looked around, wondering if they could find anything else, and after a minute found nothing. He sighed, it had been good luck finding that mob and getting the material out of it, but now his luck was going again.

"Iv found a little bit, guess that means im in the lead" He said to her, shrugging before falling on the ground, deciding to take a rest before he kept looking.

ID# 81971 results:

Loot: 6 + 2 - 8 fail

Mats

Stryder - 3

Eatos - 0

Eatos shook her head at Stryder, smirking as she prepared to swing her pickaxe once again!

"Tortoise and the hare Stryder, i'll catch up without you noticing one piece at a time!" She brought her pickaxe down hard, slamming into what looked like a patch. She did this several times until it finally popped up! She had to stop herself from overacting, and tried to play it cool as she added her first material into her inventory, looking over at Stryder and smiled a sweet smile.

"That's one down, not many to go~"

------------

Id: 81973

Loot: 19 (+2LD) = 21 (Mats found)

Mats

Stryder - 3

Eatos - 1

Sky looked around while he was on the ground, before hearing Eatos saying she had gotten one!!! He was quick to leap up, not wanting to lose the bet HE had set. He looked around, desperately trying to find some, but failing miserably. He found nothing, Not even a shred of good luck!!! he groaned, falling back down. The sky looked peaceful, like the sea.... He missed the ociean, it aws something he had enjoyed as a young boy... But less so recently. Now, he saw the true meaning of it, now missing the great blue view....

"Hey Eatos, do you like the ocean?" He asked, looking over at his friend. He didn't know much about her, other then her dogs name and she was scared of death, and of being alone, but other then that... he didn't know to much about her.

ID# 81975 results:

Loot: 8 + 2 - 10

Mats

Stry - 3

Eato - 1

@Eatos

Edited by Stryder
  • 2 weeks later...

Eatos, after managing to secure herself a material, did take some time to look around, much like Stryder was doing. However, contrastly to her friend, she had always been a city girl and thus, the ocean was something she visited very rarely. She tapped her fingers against her pickaxe and she looked around, not only for something to swing at, but also Stryders question.

I’m not entirely sure” she eventually said back to Stryder “I wouldn’t say I dislike it, but it’s that, I never really find myself drawn to it”. She had to turn her back to prevent Stryder from seeing the stupid smile. One of her favourite things to thing had the word ‘ocean’ in it, and yet here was she, a girl who wasn’t a fan of it.

That’s when she thought she spotted something in the ground! She leaped over and brought her pickaxe down hard, and it was a worthwhile sing, as she managed to pick up yet another material!

--------------

Id: 83133

Loot: 13 (+2) = 15 (Loot found)

Materials

Stry - 3

Eatos - 2

Sky was a little sadened by her saying she didn't like the sea, well, not drawn to it. He was, s"ort of. He had lived around cities a lot with his family, but he had always had time to go out to the beach, when he wanted, which was rarely. When he did though, he would find the blue horizon took his breath away. 

"I like it myself, i'm not drawn to it, but i always enjoyed watching the sunset" He said to her before looking around some more. He needed leather, he really needed leather. He was searching, and searching, and searcing, when he heard the thud of the pickaxe!!! He jumped for a moment, scaring off a bird holding some leather. With a groan, he slumped, watching his material go away. Under his breath he cursed the birds, looking over at her.

"Looks like im still winning by one, for now. I have a feeling il get really unlucky and you will find a massive vien"

ID# 83172 results:

Loot: 4 + 2 - 6 - fail

Mats 

Stry - 3

Eat - 2

She couldn't not contrast herself and Stryder in her head as lly found beauty in sunsets, was never really her thing. Back home, she'd loved winter and what it brought, the snow. She'd loved the cold and the snow together, many moments in her childhood, when she wasn't inside nose deep inside of one of her books, she spent out in the snow playing with her dogs. You couldn't keep a husky out of the snow after all, and playing with the bundles of fluff had been many afternoons of her life. Meanwhile Stryder was almost contrasting her, with the beach, ocean and sun.

"I always preferred the snow" she told him, lifting her pickaxe above her head and bringing it down onto what she thought was a mineral "I had pets when I was younger, always loved playing in the snow. Hell, they'd drag me out there just to run around and jump in it". The girl smiled fondly at the memory, and even as she noticed she'd hit the root of a tree, not an ore, she didn't lose her smile. She missed home, but they had so many good memories, it was impossible to feel sad about it.

-------

Loot: 8 (+2LD) = 10 (No materials found)

Materials

Stry - 3

Eatos - 2

She had pets..... He was a little jealous. He had a pet, a single dog, but that bugger didn't like him very much. He did get to run with him sometimes, but he always stuck with his parents, and never really came to him. Where he grew up, it was always sunny, it didn't snow or anything.... Which he honestly was upset about, he hadn;t seen snow yet....

"Iv traveled a lot.... But iv never actually seen snow.... It kinda sucks actually" He said, with a sigh saying he was let down by that. He continued looking around, failing to see anything at all, for once. Not like a bird stealing his material!!! He just.... couldn't actually see anything that he could use. He sighed, looking at the time. It was starting to get late, nearly time for them to wrap up the little competition. Right now, he was winning, but he had a feeling that was going to change very dramatically soon, he always lost crap like this.

ID# 83269 results:

Loot: 1

Mats

Stry - 3

Eatos - 2

He'd never seen snow before?! AT first she found it very very odd, because she'd spent a majority of her life in and around the snow. To hear that someone had never seen it, never rolled in it, been tackled in it or had it freeze you to the point where you spent nearly an hour in a bath out of protest, well, there was a first time for everything. Part of her wondered where he lived to not be able to see snow, but opted against the question. She didn't, in all honesty, know too much about him. Not his name, nor anything else, and given their situation, was it really that uncommon? Being trapped in a death game where a single mistake could spell doom was far from pleasant, and to learn about someones' real life only to see them die...It would be the same as if watching a friend die in the real world.

She picked up her pickaxe once again, but the somber thoughts plagued her mind and she missed her swing, smashing it into a tree instead.

"I miss the snow...I miss a lot"

------

Loot: 9 (+2LD) = 11 (Fail)

Sky looks around, noticing the sun starting to head down. With the rays, he saw some leather on the ground!!! With a bit of a spring he picked it up, before heading to Eatos. She missed the snow.... He made a mental note to take her somewhere snowy so she could feel back at home, maybe the fourth floor.... Her shop was there, but he doubted she had explored much.

"How about we head to the Fourth floor sometime? You can play around in snow then?" He told her, before remembering the sun.

"I think we should pack in, its getting late" He said afterwards, completely forgetting about the bet. He didn't care anyway, it had just been for fun. He had wanted something to keep them occupied while they had been searching for these things. It was a tedious, VERY tedious activity, and doing it alone was so suicidal, he had no idea how he managed to solo the quest which got him his job. He had managed though, so he knew he was alright. 

ID# 83512 results:

Loot: 13 + 2 - 15

Stry - 4

Eato - 2