[F9-NK-PP] Betrayed <<The Iron Guardian>> (Morgenstern)

Spoiler

<<The Iron Guardian>>

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Players MUST defeat X amount of <<Iron Knights>> (X being 1 per player)

- Player(s) MUST defeat the <<Iron Guardian>>

- Player(s) MUST defeat the Broker

Iron Guardian Information:

<<Iron Guardian>> is a respawning Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 225

Damage per Attack: 200

Bleed, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 2 turns. Dealing 12 Damage per turn.

Thorns, Deals 12 Damage To Enemy if hit.

Iron Knight Information:

<<Iron Knight>> is a respawning Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 72

Damage per Attack: 120

Bleed, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 2 turns. Dealing 12 Damage per turn.

Thorns, Deals 12 Damage To Enemy if hit.

Mysterious Broker Information:

<<Mysterious Broker>> is a respawning Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 150

Damage per Attack: 200

Paralyze, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 1 turn.

Battle Healing, on a CD of 10 or higher, heals the Mysterious Broker 50 HP.

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the <<Banner of Support>> -  This item has (3) charges and may only be refilled by asking a merchant to refill it costing 750 Col per charge. This item does not stack and may not be sold for Col, it becomes bound to the player. When used, the Banner of Support heals up to 6 players, including the user, a maximum of 80 HP. Once used, the Banner of Support changes from a red to a gray color and begins to go on it's 5 turns cooldown.

2. 1 Skill Point

"So... All I have to do is to got fetch the item for you, and that's it?" Husky asked the hooded figure standing before the gate of Yogan Village. The place is located by the base of the volcano. The whole place is surrounded by a wall of dark crystalline obsidian, and a magma river running streaming around the town, creating a barrier that marked where the safe zone would end. Husky had never really enjoy the ninth floor, as the place was rather too hot for his liking. However, on his way back from the higher floor he received an unknown message that tells him some info about a boss reside to the west of the main settlement. The info broker talks about seeing a giant knight spotted at The Profaned Peak, and if the boss is killed, It would yield a great reward. If Husky gets the item dropped from the boss, he could return it for a piece of equipment. 

It has been god knows how long since he set out to find the beast. Heading west alone was rather vague information for a quest. Taking a rest along the way, Husky set down a small campfire from his inventory and take a rest. He seemed to be close to the destination, but it did take him a rather long time just to get here. However, Husky was determined to see this boss, and he's not going to give up just yet, not until he return with the special item dropped from it.

Continued from this unfinished thread: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/14631-sp-f9-the-bandits-are-coming~morgenstern/

Jonathan walked out into the area, seeing a light, which he hoped was a campfire. He would need to be careful entering such an area with another player, but he should be fine. His sword lit his way through the darkness. Maiden's Kiss had grown on him quite a bit since Seul gifted it to him. He wiped soot from his face and miserably walked farther. He couldn't believed he could lose a duel to a guy like Chaos. A guy who had no morals, and now took revenge on every player, just because a murderer took his own friends lives. He looked at the campsite and seen a player sitting there. He blinked. He could swear he had seen this player, but he could not remember when he did. It was awhile back and Jonathan smiled. He was a green player, and obviously tired. 'Welcome to the club' The bond straightened his White and gold armor, sheathed his weapon quietly and walked forward with his hands in the air. "Mind if I join you?" He sat on the other side and watched the player warily. "I have had a rather bad day, and I don't plan on another two to three hour trek to the next town" The blond coughed and took a deep breath. 

@Husky

Resting under the small overhang of a cliff side, Husky saw a player approached his way. The player seemed to bear some resemblance to another player from his previous party from afar. But upon closer inspection, the player bear even more likeness to Beatbox. The same blond hair, blue eyes, even the same guild as one, as he could see the sigil of Celestial Ascendants. When the player offer his company for a while, how could Husky refuse.

"Help yourself out. The fire could last for another hour, so just enjoy it while it last." Husky nodded, invite the strange player to accompanied him. He seemed like he had gone through some rough time, so the most Husky could do, is to provide some help with whatever he could. " Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Husky. Pleasure of your acquaintance." The brunette smiled, extended his hand forward.

The man observed him for a moment with pursed lips, deciding upon an answer. The man nodded to him and told him he could stay for a bit. Jonathan nodded. This was probably one of those timed fires that were easy to make, but did not last as long as manually set up ones. He introduced himself as Huky and Jonathan nodded, a smile playing on his lips. "Thanks Husky. The man is Morgenstern. Jonathan for the sake of me not losing my mind. Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants at your service" He coughed and his smile faded. 'Though I could not even beat a stupid Player Killer. I could not take down a player that kills for fun. He let me go for his own purposes' He sighed and asked, "So what would bring you down to the ninth floor. Not really an ideal floor of picnics" Hellhounds ran rampant in the areas and the amount of bandits was almost unbearable. This was more of a floor to test abilities for those medium leveled players. This man at sight did not appear to have any of the faces from the frontlines, but instead appeared to be of low or middle level. 

@Husky

"Morgenstern..." Husky let the name rolled under his tongue, not loud enough for anyone else to heard it. "It's an honor to meet you." The brunette nodded, returning the gentle smile he always have to Morgenstern. Husky waited for the Paladin to settle down, before answering his question. "Heh... Only a nutter would think this place is a good location for outdoor camping. No, I'm actually going on a mission. However, I'm quite uncertain of how much further it'd take to get to where the destination, so I sat down here and take a brief rest." He explained his circumstances to the Paladin. Taking a short moment to observe, Husky could tell Morgenstern (or Jonathan) is in a rather tiring state. His eyes glazed over, his shoulders droops. He must have gone through a rather intense battle, but with whom, or what? He seemed well decked out, and a Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants no less. He couldn't get a glimpse of what a paladin actually means, but seeing the circumstances, it must have meant to be someone of high ranking officials. "You seemed out of breath yourself. Maybe you could share what have gotten to you? Just a tip, so I could try and avoid it whenever I could." Husky returend with another question. His curiosity got the better of him, as he was dying to know what happened.

Jonathan sat there quietly, and heard Husky begin to speak. He apparently was going on a quest, but was uncertain of which way to go from here. Jonathan nodded. "Well, I am not entirely sure either. I returned from the Bandit Camp not too long ago." He sighed and looked at the man, who seemed to be itching to ask something. Jonathan pointed at him. "Fire away" The man asked him about what had him so exhausted. He rubbed the back of his head. "Never though about that... Well, a high leveled Player Killer apparently roams this floor. He spared my life for his own reasons, but I am guessing he was getting bored with the battle. I took too long to kill" He looked over at the man, and decided something rather quickly. "I will accompany you for the rest of your quest and until you get off this quest, if that is alright of course" He prepared his weapon, setting it sheathed upon his lap. He was not exactly sure what kind of person Husky was at the moment, but perhaps he could be a potential recruit. He would show himself on this quest if he accepted him along. 

@Husky

"A high leveled red player, roaming around the area... that problematic." Husky thought to himself. If a Paladin of the Celestial Ascended have some troubles with him, then Husky might not be able to stand a chance. However, when Jonathan suggested that he would tagged along with Husky on his quest, He was rather surprised to hear such. A high level  paladin player just willingly asked him to tag along with him for his quest, how great was that. "I don't mind you joining me actually. It could be nice, consider what you said about the red players. With luck, we might be able to take him down too..." Husky claimed in excitement, a little bit too excited. He might have gone overboard with what he said.

Once the fire has died, Husky and Morgenstern set back out to their journey. If what he remembered is true, the quest monster resided in a cavern dungeon not far from where he rested. The cave was at the base of one of the endless volcanoes on this floor, but it should be the nearest one he's heading toward, so it should be straight forward. 

The man allowed him on his adventure and soon after Jonathan joined his party. The fire died out and he stood, already missing the fire's warmth and comfort. "Well, this floor is no longer just able to be dawdled around on. It's best that we get moving. From here on, just tell me and a potion is in you hands in seconds" He reequipped his armor and adjusted Maiden's Kiss on his side. He exchanged his shield for his accuracy pendant, knowing that only another player would actually threaten him on this floor. He mentioned taking out the red player and Jonathan turned, staring into Husky. "To hell with that. If I even SEE him, I'm warping you outta here and making a run for it. He would probably take you out a first chance." Jonathan turned away, walking forward. A cavern was seen at a base of a volcano up ahead which appeared to be where the man needed to be going. "I feel as if we are getting close though. Not much longer and we shall be at our destination. I will take the damage, you focus on dealing a much as you can. I will handle the rest" he told the man. He had no idea of the damage capabilities of this man, but it might come down to him also killing the creatures himself. 

@Husky

Husky was rather annoyed that Morgenstern strongly opposed Husky's idea of taking the Red player down. "I appreciate your concern for me. The fact is, the bastard roaming around this floor would caused a big problem, if not to us, then to everyone else." Husky spoke out, following Jonathan close behind. "The faster the problem is gotten rid of, the sooner everyone is safe from that lunatic. I could care less if I die. Getting rid of that monster is worth the effort." His stance was tall, and unyielding. He know that even a member of the Celestial Ascendants struggles with fighting this red player, so Husky would have less than any chance to stand up against this one. However, if he run away now, who would replace him and become prey to the predator. 

The two reached the chasm under the mountain base, where the boss reside. "Closely behind you." Husky nodded, agreed with what the Paladin had in mind. Through the little encounter with Shield, he knew what to do working with other tanks. All he have to do is to let Jonathan soak up the attention from the monsters, then Husky could come in to deal some extra damage.

Jonathan would walk into the cavern, Husky following him for safekeeping from the mobs that might be in here. After traveling in far enough, the landscape changed, it turned from dark cavern to a fort reduced to rubble, a few pillars stood here and their. Broken weapons were found here and there as if this were a battlesite. "Prepare yourself. We have arrived" The blond looked to his shield and slowly drew his weapon from it. As if on cue, two knights, in what appeared to be light metal armor. Jonathan smiled and rose his shield, the insignia of the CA shining in their faces. He stood there watching his two opponents. "I will howl if necessary, until then I just want as much damage as needed. There are times where tanks need to astray from there jobs" He took another step forward before facing his opponents. "Now for the sweet song of sword against sword" The blond charged forward, slamming his shield into their weapons that hacked at him. They exchanged a few blows, none landing. Finally, the knights got a hit on the tank and he snarled. His weapon's aura turned from a bright blue to a solid gold color. He smiled wickedly before striking, landing blows on each of the creatures. His weapon dealt considerable damage and completely decimated both of them. He looked to his partner. "Let's keep moving in. Next one should not die as easily" He began to move forward. 

Party
Roll: 83430: BD:9. Holy Activated. +8 Holy DMG, +1 Crit. 9+8=18*8=144 DMG. AoE. 

Morgenstern 1114/1114 <> 82/98  (-16 EN) [120-134=1*2=2 DMG dealt] BH & Regen Activated! +66 HP
Husky ???/??? <> ??/??

Enemies
Roll: 83430: MD:7. 120 DMG Dealt Each. 

Iron Knight x2  0/72 

@Husky

Husky was somewhat glad that the subject of his safety was glossed over once the two had entered the chasm under the volcano. Seeing Morgenstern as he is, the Paladin would've never let Husky stay. The man seemed insisted on the idea that he would sent Husky back to the safe zone when he saw the red player, even when he protested otherwise. However, for now, he should focused on the main objective to finish up the boss battle. 

The entrance was guarded by two Iron Knights. Each seemed rather well equipped with their spiked armor, and a shining steel longsword. However, even with both of them, standing a menacing stance was all they could do. Like Husky had guess, the Paladin of the Celestial Ascended was as strong as he would've imagined. One swing from his blade and the two Knights had already been defeated. Husky let out a signed, quietly followed along behind Morgenstern. He wanted to be strong through leveling, but when someone much higher level than him joined the fray, and take care of most things for him before he gets to do anything, the warrior felt like he's taking advantaged of others. 

Jonathan nodded to Husky as they began to forward, straight into the cave. Swords lay on the ground, rusted or broken. This was proof of some sort of battle. What had slain the user of each of these weapons. He was eagar to find out. "Alright. Just a little farth-" He was interrupted by the sound the drawing of a weapon. A warrior stood in front of them. This man was much larger than the average, adorned heavy armor, and wielded a two-handed broadsword. "Let's Go!" He charged forward at the opponent, striking many times at the knight. He was met with a brutal offense, the two clashing together. The heavy blows from the Greatsword required the attention of his shield. He blocked the attacks, preventing damage. Jonathan stepped in and slammed his weapon and shield into its weapon, causing it to stumble. The blond leapt out of the way and yelled, "SWITCH!" Allowing opening for the attack. 

Party
Roll: 83430: BD:2.  Miss. 

Morgenstern 1114/1114 <> 82/98  (-16 EN) [120-134=1*2=2 DMG dealt] BH & Regen Activated! +66 HP
Husky ???/??? <> ??/??

Enemies
Roll: 83430: MD:5. Miss

Iron Guardian 225/225

@Husky

• 2 weeks later...

At the sight of the monster, Husky felt that this battle would be different from the previous one. Standing roughly twice his side, the metal clad being readied its blade. The menacing posture loomed over the two players. Husky readied himself, only waiting for Morgenstern to make his first move. However, when the paladin missed the attack, at the same time blocked and staggered the bestial figure, Husky saw his chance. Charging in for an attack, he swung his fist, the gauntlets bursting in a fiery red. All his power was concentrate to one single punch, as he threw it to the enemy. However, it didn't connect, as the Iron Knight caught his fist mid swing. The burning light radiating from his gauntlet immediately dispersed. Looking at the iron giant, the Silvery Warrior placed a foot onto the chest piece of the monster and pushed himself as hard as he could. 

Landed back down onto the ground, Husky took a moment to think of a better plan of attack. The monster seemed unyielding, as none of the attack coming from either player has been very effective. Maybe a different tactic would suffice. "Jonathan! I'll attack him from behind. Just keep the boss attention to yourself!" Husky gave @Morgenstern his strategy, before sprang to action. Dashed toward the other end of the room, the warrior stood waited, readied to follow the Paladin once he advance.

ID: 85003
BD: 3+1 (Missed)

Morgenstert: [H:0] HP: 1114/1114 HP | En: 82/98 | 11 DMG | 134 MIT | 1 PAR | 2 RE |
Husky: [H:0] HP: 440/440 HP | En: 44/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | 

VS

Iron Guardian: 225/225 HP | 200 DMG

Edited by Husky

(Remember that Patch does not affect this thread.)

Jonathan would stand there, preparing himself for the onslaught of the coming guardian. He heard the voice of Husky coming form behind him and commanding him to keep the attention to himself. Jonathan nodded and let loose a full on howl, gaining hate for himself. His action was successful and the knight charged, attacking wildly at him. Jonathan was easily able to parry, block, or sidestep each of the coming blows. He laughed and smashed his shield into the enemy, sending it flying backwards and off balance. "Alright Husky, its time for you to attack now!" He called to the player. The man attacked with his fists, and he might not be that accurate, but he appeared to know what he was doing. Jonathan could start focusing on attacking now that the tanking was done. They had yet to make progress on the enemies health, but sure that would be the next step.

Spoiler

85020 BD:Focused Howl, MD:4 Miss.

Morgenstern: [H:6] HP: 1114/1114 HP | En: 82/98 | 11 DMG | 134 MIT | 1 PAR | 2 RE |
Husky: [H:0] HP: 440/440 HP | En: 44/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | 

VS

Iron Guardian: 225/225 HP | 200 DMG | T1 Bleed | 12 Thorns

@Husky

(got cha)

While Morgenstern is keeping the metal giant busy, Husky waited for his chance. One missed swing reveal a gap under its knee, and Husky took capitalized of the mistake. Dashed forward as fast as he could, the Silvery Warrior charged all his power into another punch. Once again, the gauntlet burst to a fiery red light, and this time, the attack won't be blocked by anything. The fist clashed against the metal giant's exposed knee, bringing the whole behemoth down to a thunderous crash. Husky leaped back, avoid getting caught amidst the dust cloud. "Good work!" He spoke aloud, raising a thumbs up to his partner.

Once the dust cloud has cleared, the Iron Guardian begun to get itself back to its feet. The health bar hovering under its name has already been drained to blinking red. It wouldn't take long to take the monster down completely. Now, all he need was for @Morgenstern to finish the battle.

ID: 85022
BD: 4+1+1HM = 6 (Hit)

Morgenstern: [H:6] HP: 1114/1114 HP | En: 82/98 | 11 DMG | 134 MIT | 1 PAR | 2 RE |
Husky: [H:1] HP: 426/440 HP | En: 27/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | ( -12 THR DMG)

VS

Iron Guardian: 60/225 HP | 200 DMG | T1 BLD | 12 THR ( -(11 * All Might: 15x1) = -165 DMG)

Edited by Husky

(Sowwy, I been busy)

Jonathan would watch as Husky would move forward, striking the guardian with extreme force. He would smile as the creature was knocked off balance and sent back. The blond took his chance, his weapon gleaming in his hands. He charged forward, bringing his weapon into a reverse-handgrip and spinning wildly. After the sparks and strikes had ended, the guardian still remained alive. It had blocked each attack with its sword and was now moving back at him. He raised his shield and deflected the oncoming blow with his sword, making a twisting motion with his wrist afterward. In seconds, the guardian's weapon flew out of his hand and skidded a few feet  away. This would give Husky a few seconds to be able to strike, unopposed by the defending blade of the guardian. It appeared to be all about defending itself, not having struck him yet.

Spoiler

85374 BD:4 MD:5 (Scary Ghost)

Morgenstern: [H:6] HP: 1114/1114 HP | En: 82/98 | 11 DMG | 134 MIT | 1 PAR | 2 RE |
Husky: [H:1] HP: 440/440 HP | En: 27/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | 

VS

Iron Guardian: 60/225 HP | 200 DMG | T1 BLD | 12 THR ( -(11 * All Might: 15x1) = -165 DMG)

@Husky

While the monster is still occupied by @Morgenstern , Husky re-positioned himself behind the beastly figure. His eyes locked onto the boss; his composure leaning forward, lurking like a wolf hunting its prey. Lunged forward at the first chance he got, the Silvery Warrior had his strongest attack charged up once again. However, at the moment he strike, the Iron Guarding stepped back. His fist, aimed for the back of the Metal Giant's knee, missed its mark. 

With a swing by his free arm, the Iron Guardian grabbed Husky by his fist and lifted him to the air, before hurling him back toward the Paladin. Husky made a swift recover, just before he landed. Tumbled to the ground and back to his two feet, Husky regrouped with his partner. "Same tactic?" He suggested, swiftly get into position for the next offense attack.

ID: 85536
BD: 4+1 (Missed)

Husky: [H:1] HP: 426/440 HP | En: 27/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

VS

Iron Guardian: 60/225 HP | 200 DMG | T1 BLD | 12 THR 

Edited by Husky

@Husky

Jonathan would watch as Husky charged forward, attempting to slam his fist into the guardian. If sidestepped the man easily and grabbed him with its free hand. Instantly, it hoisted him into the air and threw him back towards him. As the man managed to scramble to his balance, he asked him if they should have the same tactic. The blond mused over this a second and then turned to him and shook his head. He spoke with cool words, like wind striking tempered glass. "No. You have brought it to a point in which I shall finish. Stand where you are, I will end this here" He stepped forward, taking a breath before he dashed forward. He moved much faster than he had in the previous fights. The Iron Guardian moved to block, but he had already fainted, having dashed to the side and then coming at it from an angle. He slashed into the guardians chest, sending it flying back with a strong force. Immediately, he lowered his weapon and made one quick uppercut with his weapon, ripping through its body entirely. It fell into two pieces and shattered. Jonathan smiled coolly before turning back to Husky. "We should return to the info broker and get the rewards. From there, we can send you off of the ninth floor. Far to dangerous for players to be soloing here without a crystal"

85699 BD:9 MD:2 

DMG: 11x8=88

Morgenstern: [H:7] HP: 1114/1114 HP | En: 75/98 | 11 DMG | 134 MIT | 1 PAR | 2 RE |
Husky: [H:1] HP: 426/440 HP | En: 27/44 | 11 DMG | 34 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM |

VS

Iron Guardian: 0/225 HP | 200 DMG | T1 BLD | 12 THR