[PP-NK-F6] Not-so-familiar companion | <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Clsoed, not taking anymore players)

Lee would quickly bring his hand up to cover the wide smile that burst over his face as he stared obviously at Piera as she had tripped but caught herself from making out with the ground. He would point at both of his eyes and then point at her to signal that he did in fact see her screw up and wished for her to know. Babette was running around within close proximity but otherwise doing boar-things. Soredell would speak of his encounter prior and that he hoped it would be a quick catch to which Lee would chime in "I'm sure that it will show up eventually. Hopefully. Most likely." He would then turn his attentions to Yuurei as she would speak up about what it was that she wished to have as her own familiar to which he would snap his fingers and point at her "Oh, a will-o-wisp! I'd like to see that. Would definitely be different in terms of a pet...could you pet it?"

He would pose the question to himself but it was open ended toward the white haired girl and it was then that he noticed Babette had rustled off further than he was content with so he would burst a quick "HEY! Here, Now!" As if on cue, the small boar would frighteningly jump around from the sudden yell and make a beeline toward her owner and once there, Lee would reach down and pull a material from the fur off her back with a smile on his face. "Cool."

Spoiler

ID: 83076
LD: 20
MAT: 1+0=1

I shall have to take that statement and falsify it. I wish crit's on LD would give more le sigh

Spoiler

ID: 83174
LD: 2 + 3 [Enhancemet] + 3 [Food] = 8 (No Materials Found, 1 T1 Material found total)

Soredell looked back behind him on the stumble he heard behind him, noticing that Piera must have been the one that had nearly ended up eating grass. "You alright there?" he asks, worried. Making sure everyone was still good he continues forward looking around. "Oh uh, I don't actually don't have the tracking skill, all I have to help me are consumables and equipment. In hindsight that would actually be really helpful right now..." he says, muttering the last part. They've only just started their little adventure just now but it feels like that its been going for weeks now. "The psuedo-dragon I'm searching for was coloured green, but I'm sure there are other colour variants if I look hard enough. As for a name, I got nothing on that so far, but I'm sure I'll think of one." he says. He perks up at @Yuurei's comment about finding her own familiar. "A wisp eh? I'm not sure if such a mob exists in the game, much less one is available to tame, but if it does exist, you'd certainly be unique in your familiar. Perhaps try checking out Floor 10? You may find something on the Underworld inspired floor?" he says to her as the group continues to walk.

Edited by Soredell
Spoiler

Id#83437

LD - 10

Failure

Yuurei listened to the comments between Soredell, Piera and Lee. They all seemed to think her idea was cool and she liked the idea of having ghostly familiar. It was too thematic to not be cool as her name meant ‘Ghost’. She listened closely to Soredell as he explained where she might find one.

“Floor 10, hunh? That seems a bit out of my league to be honest, maybe I'll have to get ahold of Shield just in case. Thanks for the advice Soredell.” She said looking back down at the ground for awhile just in case there was anymore materials for the taking. Unfortunately, her good luck seemed to run out as there were no materials nearby. Nevertheless, there was always more somewhere and it wasn't necessarily bad if she couldn't find any.

“This Dragon is good at hiding. Must be a rare type of enemy, hunh?” Yuurei asked the whole party.

Edited by Yuurei

Pouting slightly at Lee's 'I saw that' motion, Piera then pulled at her bangs in embarrassment as Soredell asked if she was okay, "Y-Yeah yeah, don't mind me, sorry." When the other two players weren't looking she then stuck her tongue out at the heavily armored man, continuing on their way. Tilting her head to glance over at Yuurei, the alchemist nodded with interest as she stated what she'd like for a familiar. "Definitely a cool idea." Her eyes wandered upwards as she thought of it. "Petting would be tricky. Though I wonder what sort of enhancements a spectral familiar would have? I'd say evasion, but I don't think that's a thing with familiars."

Her eyebrows would raise slightly as her boyfriend would suddenly call out harshly to his own familiar, the tiny boar immediately responding by coming running back. He always had been good at training animals. ....Well, dogs at least.

At the ninja like guy's response to her mentioning the Tracking skill, she laughed somewhat awkwardly before shrugging, "Hey, consumables and equipment is plenty. That's all I had when I got Jareth. And Lee didn't even have those I think." The alchemist glanced over at said man for confirmation before nodding. Soredell's advice for the white haired girl seemed well received, and she also personally thought it was a good idea. Offering a supportive smile, the brunette commented, "Always better safe than sorry. Especially here." Meaning SAO of course.

At Yuurei's comment about the dragon they were searching for being rare, Piera let a long sigh escape her. "It sure seems like. Or perhaps it's good at camouflage? Or only spawns under certain conditions..." She was really hoping it wasn't the latter though. Who knew what said conditions might even be? Soredell really seemed to have his heart set on that particular kind of creature too. "Let's not get discouraged." The healer rallied with a smile. "Maybe the dragon's secretly stalking us to see if Soredell's a good candidate to tame it! Quick look kind and responsible!" She gave the ninja a teasing poke in the arm.

Spoiler

ID: 83718
LD: 10+1=11
[No Material Found]
[Tier 1 Materials Found: 0/0]

Edited by Piera

Lee would lean forward and rub the area behind his small boar's ear as a sort of treat or show good will toward the creature. He would take in a deep breath as he would look around to see if anything else would catch his eye but nothing of note would appear. Everyone seemed fairly interested in the wisp as a pet which in all honesty, was rather nice as otherwise, not much would come from the little venture they were on aside from small breaks in silence though, now he imaged Babette in a ghost-like form to which he would quickly shake his head and move it to the back, he had no idea idea why he would want that nor would he actually ever wish it. He had come to enjoy the idea of having such a simple familiar that one would actually have and now that he thought about it, he wondered why more people did not have such things. The entire time he was staring silently at Babette.

Spoiler

ID: 84132
LD: 5
MAT: 0+1=1

Spoiler

ID: 84472
LD: 12 + 3 [Enhancemet] + 3 [Food] = 18 (1 T1 Material Found, 2 T1 Materials found total)

Soredell nodded his head in agreement to @Yuurei's statement about Shield. He had been in enough adventures with the tank to know that he would be the best person to talk to in-game if lower level players like himself and Yuurei needed a carry. "Yeah, talk to Shield and Beat. Those two are really good and helpful, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping you find your own familiar. And if you need it, I'd be more than willing to assist you as well. Just say the word and I'll be there." he promises her.

As they continue to walk, he says to @Piera "Yeah, I heard it was really hard for players to find a familiar, mainly because it took forever for them to do so. I would personally prefer not to keep myself, and you all here for too long, taking forever to look for a suitable familiar, so that's why I wanted to improve my chances as much as possible, using enhancements. Like you said, better safe than sorry here in SAO." he says as they continue to walk. As she says something about looking responsible, he gives a playful eye-roll at her comment, before noticing a crafting material on the ground. He picks up the material and sends it to his inventory for later use before continuing on their search, keeping his eyes peeled for this elusive dragon.

Edited by Soredell
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Roll - 9

No material

I sincerely apologize for this completely overdue response. I will endeavor to make sure I do not repeat this.

Yuurei sighed to herself. Idly walking around was extremely boring to her and she wasn't much of a nature-y person. Sword Art Online wasn't like the real world, but it mocked it enough for her to get a good enough feel.

When Soredell offered his assistance in search for her wisp she couldn't help but smile. She had been told that a lot of RPG players were pretty shrewd and didn't like to share information with newbies like her. Perhaps SAO is just a special case, but she still did not expect to meet such kind people here.

“I thank you but I would rather keep my party to a minimum size. I planned on asking only Shield to accompany me. Perhaps we can do a less...idle quest next time we meet?” She asked keep her eyes peeled for any more materials that may lay about. Misfortune decides against her, however, as there were none nearby to collect and her allies had gathered what lay mostly about.

Edited by Yuurei

Piera perked up slightly upon the ninja's mention of Shield and his spouse, the brunette felt a sense of warmth in knowing that the older man was making more connections. Not that he seemed to have any problems, but all the same. It was also nice to see connections happening right before her, thought Yuurei added a request at Soredell's offer. "Quests are quests," The alchemist reasoned before adding, "Though ones with combat usually have better rewards."

Nodding in agreement as the white haired man made his point about needing to be prepared when setting out for such a thing, Piera commented with a Fonze like finger point, "Smart man." Before chuckling as he rolled his eyes to her advice on looking kind and responsible for any watching dragons. Was worth a shot! Then she finally noticed how quiet Lee was being and glanced over at him to see him staring intently into his familiar's cute beady eyes and vice versa. The alchemist watched for a moment before resting a hand on the pauldron of his shoulder. "I don't think you can win this staring contest honey. Babette's got you beat." Though now it got her thinking as to whether NPCs or mobs (even familiars) could, or were programmed rather, to blink.

Glancing around for Jareth, she saw him swooping down towards her and raised an arm for him to perch, seeing something in his beak. "Whatcha got, hm?" It was some sort of sticky vine that she wrinkled her nose at but hummed as her HUD told her that it was actually a viable crafting material. Inventorying it before stroking the owl griffon, cooing praise. "Thank you baby, such a smart boy. Keep an eye out for a dragon though, okay?"

ID: 85365
LD: 16+1=17
[+1 Material]
[Tier 1 Materials Found: 0/0]

Edited by Piera

Lee continued to look around for materials and any sort of movement that wasn't apart of the current group, hoping that it was a dragon or creature in and out of itself. Lee remembered when he took the quest itself to find his own familiar and wasn't aiming to do so till he came across it. Babette was good for him and made him feel as though he had a real life pet and seeing as it was a similar animal to something that could be found in the real world, it was nice. Though, he found that most peoples familiars listened fairly well to their masters, making them feel more or less robotic though he felt Babette was different. At the same time, this could simply boil down to the fact that he didn't like most other peoples creatures and pets. He would break from his thought as Piera would comment on him about his supposed contest with the boar on which he would turn his attention toward her "Well I wont now. For all you know, I was right on the verge of unlocking the greatest mystery of this entire game!"

Spoiler

ID: 85409
LD: 12
MAT: 0+1=1

Spoiler

ID: 85621
LD: 18 + 3 [Enhancemet] + 3 [Food] = 24 (THE FAMILIAR IS NOW MINE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Soredell continues to walk through the forest leading the group, responding to everyone as necessary. He nods his head at @Yuurei turning down his offer for assistance. He wouldn't have minded either way honestly. “That's quite fine. If you ever find yourself tackling a quest and you need assistance, don't hesitate to send me a message, and I'll be there to help.” he says to her. Turning to @Piera and by extension @Lee, he nods his head in agreement to the former's comment about quests. "Both 'idle' and 'combat' quests do grant rewards, but combat quests, the ones that really push your ability and luck, they're the ones that give more rewards."

It doesn't take much longer until Soredell manages to hear some suspicious rustling a few feet away from him, and silently motions for the others to stop for a moment, and stay quiet, lest they scare the creature away. Soon, a small creature emerges from the branches nearby. Its features are very reminiscent to that of a dragon, only much smaller, capable of resting on Soredell's shoulder. Taking out some feed he acquired from an old hag not too long ago, who had actually informed him about the presence of familiars and the subsequent quest, he slowly extended it out to the dragon, or rather the psuedodragon. The small green dragon looks at the piece inquisitively, before taking a small bit out of it. Soredell holds his breath as he waits for the creature's verdict, the whole forest around them seemingly silencing itself in anticipation for what could happen next. The dragon then takes the whole thing and eats it, before crawling up Soredell's arm and resting on his shoulder. Soredell lets out a long exhale and smiles, albeit its hidden under his 'mask', and turns to his compatriots. "I got my familiar now, I think. Thank you guys for helping me out with this. Let's head back now." he says, beginning to lead the group back to town. 

<<Quest Summary>>

All

100 Col
1 Skill Point [Thread Length]

Soredell

<<Psuedo-dragon Tamer>> Title
Psuedo-dragon Familiar
1 Skill Point [Quest Reward]

@Yuurei

2 T1 Crafting Materials
1 Skill Point [Quest Reward]

@Piera