[SP-FO3] (hunting alone) <<worn out welcome>>

Shepard stepped off the teleport gate in the town of Delilah the main settlement of the third floor it was night but at least the moon was out illuminating everything in sight. He had heard about a master blacksmith that would craft you armor as long as you brought the materials necessary to forge it, but you had to get the material by killing some creature. ‘Now I just need to find the shop’ looking around he couldn’t see any blacksmith shops around him ‘figures, of course it wouldn’t be that easy to find it’ deciding that it would be best to check the market in town for the shop he walks slowly in the direction of the market. He had thought about bringing along Spidey for this quest but decided against it. He wasn’t going to be able to rely on others all the time he needed to be able to fight by himself, and more importantly survive this death game.

Edited by Lawrence

The market district was quiet at night barely any other players were out at night these days not even NPC’s were out. The street lamps illuminated most of the streets at night and the moon handled the rest giving everything a ghostly pale look. Almost all of the shops were closed at this time but a few were still open “where the heck is this shop at!” turnig a corner into the Town square Shepard took another look around there where all kinds off shops around unfortunately none where the one he was looking for. As he was about to give up and call it a day he heard a shop door open reveling two players and a lage burly man wearing what looked to be some sort of apron  “yall have a nice night and good luck with your new armor” calling out to the players as they left the building. As soon as they were out of sight the man stepped back into the shop and closed the door. Shepard breathed out a sigh of relief ‘finally’ walking over to the shop door he knocked two times opened the door and walked in to the shop “hello I am looking for a blacksmith that’s offering to make armor.”

Edited by Lawrence
  • 6 months later...

Inside the shop it was like an oven there was a thin layer of smoke near the ceiling coming from a nearby forge across from it was a workbench that was used for tailoring behind a counter. In the front of the shop there was lots of mannequins and display cases holding loads of different types of armor. Behind the counter the blacksmith stood gesturing for Shepard to come forward "Well you came to the right place I am making armor for people but you have to get the materials yourself"  the burly NPC said as he leaned over his counter 'I knew there would be a catch' Shepard sighed "so what kinda armor do you want my man light or heavy"  sighing again he answered "I'll take the light armor" and with that the blacksmith told him that he needed to get some fabric from a dark elf in the woods to the north. Shepard left the smithy and headed out of the town and north to get the item and get his armor.

Edited by Lawrence

'So all I need to do is kill a dark elf take the leather it drops and bring it back to the smithy and I get a free piece of armor, sounds easy enough.' Shepard thought as he reached the forest he was just about to enter before something caught his eye crouching down he picked up what looked like a mushroom of sorts it was pitch black with streaks of red running across it. Quickly pocketing the item into his inventory Shepard continued on his way and entered the forest from the outside it seemed as if it was normal but inside it had an ominous feel to it as if he was being watched. Deciding it was the best time to do so Shepard drew his sword and pressed on keeping his senses focused on his surroundings and where he was stepping.

ID#90756

LD:15  (success)

+1mat -> 1mat

Edited by Lawrence
  • 2 weeks later...

"You need to get the leather that the dark elf carries with it" remembering what the the smithy had sad about the quest it seemed simple enough, go in to the forest kill the mob come back out but It was proving to be more difficult than he initially thought. This forest is like a maze every step felt like it was taken in the wrong direction. "Ugh why can't I find this elf!!" yelling out of frustration at no one but the forest and himself. Shaking it off Shepard took another step only to have his foot fall on another one of those mushrooms "are you f*c*I*n* kidding me this is getting ridiculous" taking a seat on a fallen tree he took a moment to cool off 'if I can't find a simple dark elf in this forest how am I going to find Juni in the twenty something floors that are open.' looking at his surroundings he took notice that there was a haze covering the forest floor "this forest is trying to get to me" standing up he pulled his thoughts away from his friend and back to the task at hand "I need to keep moving" taking a step forward he felt a sudden relief wash over him as if the forest was no longer wearing at his mind. 'im going to find this elf and kill it and nothing is going to stop me from doing so.'

ID#91073

LD:8 (fail)

1 mat 

Edited by Lawrence

"nothing is going to stop me huh" repeating his previous thought out loud as a black dog burst out of the forest baring it's fangs. The beast was as tall as him with pitch black fur and red eyes it was as if it was summoned from hell "I just had to say something didn't I" saying the words in a sarcastic manor while he took his stance sword raised in front of him and turning his body side ways to make himself a smaller target. "Bring it" he motioned his free hand in a mocking gesture to provoke the beast but what happened next he wasn't ready for as the beast launched itself at him with lightning speed. Time seemed to slow down as his body took over, dropping to the ground as the dog soared over him using his free hand Shepard curled it into a fist and brought it up into the creatures gut with enough force to throw it into a nearby tree. Recovering from the first skirmish the black dog didn't seem to be taking him lightly anymore as it circled him waiting for the right time to strike. All Shepard did was watch and wait keeping in step with the beast circling one another both waiting for there opportunity to attack the other.

ID#91211

LD:1 (fail) -2 EN

MD:2 (fail)

Spoiler

Shepard HP 80/80|EN 7/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 30/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence

And again the beast lunged at him but this time it's claws found it's target leaving four long red gashes along the his chest. Thankfully his armor was able to take most of the assault but his health bar dropped a bit. "Ha it seems you can only dish out five percent of my health" a smirk showing up on his face he felt good about his odds against this mob he had the health advantage and the defense advantage he couldn't lose. Taking a few steps back he used a tree behind him to push off of giving him some extra momentum to close the distance between them but the beast saw this coming and jumped out of the way as Shepard's blade sunk into the ground that was previously occupied by the creature. Swearing internally he pulled his sword out and resumed the circling motion with the black dog. "Your pretty fast for big dog."

ID# 91214

Battle: 4 (fail) -2 

MOB: 8 (success)

9DMG -5MIT = 4DMG

Spoiler

Shepard HP 76/80|EN 6/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 30/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence

With both of them still circling each other Shepard decided to charge in kicking of the ground into a full Sprint with his sword at his side ready to be swung as soon as he got Into rang of the beast. But the dog wasn't waiting for him to get there it mimicked Shepard and decided to charge as well both of them going straight at the other. As soon as they got close to each other he swung his sword and the dog lashed out with his teeth both colliding with the other. When Shepard looked at the beast he realized that it had caught his attack with it's bite and now had his blade in it's mouth "let go that's not a stick you mut." With that he buried his fist into it face it didn't pack enough force to damage it but it certainly losened it's grip on the sword. Using the chance Shepard yanked the blade free and backed up a bit putting some distance between him and the dog.

ID# 91215

Battle: 5 (miss) -2 EN

MOB: 5 (miss)

Spoiler

Shepard HP 76/80|EN 5/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 30/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence
  • 5 months later...

"Your a tough pooch and I'd love to have you as a pet but I've got other things to do so..." with that he charged the beast but instead of going head on like before Shepard sidestepped to the right catching it off gaurd by the sudden change in tactics he buried two gashes into the side of the creature with his blade "yeah I got him!!!" Unfortunately Shepard got to excited and let his guard down just enough for the black dog to pounce on him pushing him to the ground and burying his teeth into the muscle of Shepard's shoulder "aaagghh, get off me u mut" dropping his sword Shepard used his hands to pry open the beasts mouth and lifting it up so that he could move out from under it "ha got you now" with his grip still firmly holding the dogs jaw he used this opportunity to start to swing the beast in a circle like the propeller to a helicopter. Once he got some speed up he let go and the dog smacked into a nearby tree " that'll teach you to bite people."

ID#101154

BD:10 (+2 crit) snakebite activated [2+2=(4×3)=12dmg]

MD:10 (+2 crit) [9+2=11-5mit=6dmg]

Spoiler

Shepard HP 70/80|EN 3/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 18/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence

Before the mob could recuperate from the throw Shepard activated snakebite again causing two more red gashes to appear on it's side. "Gotcha!" Shepard  yelled while jumping out of it's range as it was getting back up on it's feet. He caught a glimpse of what looked like a grin creap across the beasts face "what's up with that creepy smile, what are you up to."  Before he was able to contemplate what the mob was thinking about it charged at him swiping at him randomly. Fortunately the creature had slowed down a good bit probably from the beating it had already taken from the fight allowing him to dodge each attack with little effort. "Ha, seems like you've ran out of juice let's end this" Shepard started to raise his sword in the air for another attack until he felt something press into his back "what the heck" turning his head to the side so he could see what he had ran into and that's when he realized his back was against a tree. Turning his attention back to his enemy Shepard caught a glimpse of the creature's claws as tore through his midsection once again finding resistance due to his armor. 'crap I guess I should have kept an eye on where I was going' making a quick mental note to stay aware of his surroundings from now on. 

ID#101180

BD:7 (hit) snakebite activated (2×3=6dmg) 

MD:6 (hit) (9-5mit=4dmg)

Spoiler

Shepard HP 66/80|EN 1/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 12/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence

Before Shepard could recover from the first attack the beast struck again but with even more force than it's previous attack. With the creatures claws in his chest Shepard winced in pain 'damn that hurts this beast is pretty tough but I'm not giving up that easily' while the beast kept it's claws in Shepard he took the opportunity to aim his sword at it's own chest "let's see how you like it" and before the beast could react Shepard buried his sword halfway into the dogs chest. The beast withdrew it's claws and howled in pain at the sword now buried in it. Turning it's attention to the blade protruding from it's chest it began to try and tear the blade free but since the dog didn't have opposable thumbs it proved difficult. Shepherd would have laughed at the creatures new situation if it hadn't meant that he was now unarmed and helpless to the onslaught of the Beast.

ID#101210

BD:10 (+2 crit) (2+2=4dmg)

MD:10(+2 crit) (9+2=11-5=6dmg)

Spoiler

Shepard HP 60/80|EN 1/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 8/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence
  • 3 months later...

While the Beast continue to Claw at the sword buried in its chest Shepard took the opportunity to charge forward at the Beast while it was preoccupied with the blade. As Shepard neared the Beast the sound of his running alerted the dog to his actions somewhat startled by Shepard charging at him unarmed the Beast in turn forgot about the blade and its chest and prepared to strike at the foolish human. As soon as Shepard was close enough he dropped to his knees and slid the rest of the way to the creature grabbing his sword in the process and yanking it free from the black dogs chest he held it to the flesh carving a gash down the side of the mob, but as he reached the rear of the dog it lashed out with its hind legs causing it's claws to rake against Shepards back dealing some damage in return.

ID#105149

BD:6 (2dmg)

MD:7 (9-5mit= 4dmg)

Spoiler

Shepard HP 56/80|EN 1/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 6/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence

Quickly standing back up Shepard turned back towards the large dog just in time to see it jumping at him fangs barred about to sink them into his shoulder once again, but instead of it digging into Shepard like a human chew toy he brought up the hilt of his blade crashing it into the underside of it's jaw with enough force to knock it off course and colliding into a nearby tree "you're not doing that again you oversized pooch" pointing his blade at the beast in a mocking gesture. 'this fight is taking to long I need to finish this and get back to looking for that ....' interrupting his train of thought was the barking and growling of the black dog "well I'm sorry but I need to end this it's been fun though" with that Shepard lunged forward slashing at the side of the mob bringing it's health bar down to just above ten percent 'dang it I thought that would have done it.'

ID#105150

BD:8 (2dmg)

MD:3 miss

Spoiler

Shepard HP 56/80|EN 1/8 (+1 EN)|MIT 5|2 DMG

Black dog HP 4/30| 9DMG

Edited by Lawrence