[PP-F2] Of light, shadow, and rocks <<BtU>>(Vigilon, Wardege, Domarus, Stryder, Lee)

Vigilon began exploring the second floor, hoping to find something that he was capable of. He soon came across a hut near a hill of stone, and knocked on the door. Originally, Vigilon wasn't expecting an Npc to open the door, so when he came through, Vigilon tried to hide his relief that he wasn't in any danger at the moment. "I wish to see what I'm capable of, and grow stronger so I can help others, and possibly lead a Guild. (He knew it was a wild and desperate attempt, but he was still practically new, with his crappy gear.) Is there anything you know that might help?" The Npc looked at Vigilon, as if he was studying him. "Hmm...You do have the appearance of a future swordsman. I know a way to help you grow stronger. Follow me." Vigilon followed him to the hill of boulders. "Here we are." He painted whiskers on Vigilon's face like it was war paint, which he could understand. "If you want to get stronger, try to split this boulder using only your fists." Vigilon noticed a quest notification pop up on his menu, and he accepted...right after asking a few others to help him, and he also asked Wardege if he knew anyone else who could help. "I just hope I don't regret this..."

@Wardege @Domarus @Stryder @Lee

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wardege was walking in the Town of Beginnings, near the place where players teleported to the other floors. He received a message from Vigilon, asking him to come to floor 2, and if he could bring someone else he knew. Wardege sent a message to Domarus, and then he was on his way to floor 2. "Well, I'd be glad to help. After all, I still owe him for helping me start off. I'm sure he won't mind Domarus, he seems productive, intelligent, wise, and powerful. I currently don't see much that could possibly stop him." When he arrived in floor 2, a floor with countless mountains, he left for where Vigilon asked him to come, searching for materials as he made his way to the destination.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

Luckily, the forested mountains and hills he traversed on had  fruit bearing trees every here and there, and one of them had a ripe apple. He stashed it into his inventory and continued on. When he reached his destination, he saw Vigilon, who did look rather funny with the war paint whiskers. "Ah, there you are! I was worried I was going the wrong direction!"

ID# 83115 LD: 16(+1 Mat)

@Vigilon @Domarus @Stryder @Lee

The armored man would appear on the second floor for the similar reason he had prior. "Rocks." He would say in an almost fake disgusted manner. He would look down at the small boar that rested on his arm. It was resting in a curled up position with the only real way one would notice it was asleep was that its stomach would rise and fall in a rhythmic manner. He would look toward the mountain and wasted little time in moving his way up the path as he had done before.

As he made it to the hut, Lee would see that he was not the first to arrive as Vigilon and Wardege were waiting to which Lee would raise his shield arm in a greeting to the two "Yo, I heard this is where one comes to bully boulders." He would joke as he made his way over and would pause for more than a moment as he looked at Vigilon whom had toon cat-like whiskers drawn on his face. "That's a good look for ya, I'm not one to judge."

He cleaved another boar in half with his ax and watched it burst into pixels.  Mob grinding was annoying but vital to reap experience.  This as well as quests were necessary.  It was during this lack of excitement when he had received a message from the player Wardege.  He was a player he had met recently and was one of his targets to investigate and manipulate into his services.  He already had Aereth, his scouting and investigation expert.  Dominion, his expert healer.  Hidden, a player who intended to become an assassin.  And the newest edition, Sakoda who wished to become a support assassin build.  Wardege was the last piece.  He was the tank.  Although Domarus believed he should change a few things before establishing things for real, Wardege was indeed vital.  Thus when he read an invitation to assist a player complete a quest, one that he hadn't done yet, there wasn't any question as to what he was going to do.  He replied to Wardege before looking to Keres.

Send to: Wardege
I've received you're message.  I'll be in the area soon enough.

Domarus turned to Keres who was dressed in her usual maid outfit with Porvós, her flaming snake, wrapped around her.  
     "Keres, looks like we'll be clearing out another quest today.  Come on, we're heading for the second floor."  Keres grinned and bowed to him.
     "Of course Domarus."  Domarus nodded to his own familiar, Rhozarth, a flaming red dragon who wore black-iron skeleton armor, and with that the familiar flew over towards his shoulder.  Before it landed, Domarus' black armor Hopebreaker vanished.  Now dressed in casual clothing he walked over to the town and it's teleporter.  He kept his ax out however, as he was always cautious and never took necessary risks.  After teleporting to the second floor he re read the coordinates and proceeded until he reached the destination.  Three players:  Wardege, a brown haired player who appeared to be in starter armor, and a black haired player in heavy armor.  What was interesting was that the brown haired player had whiskers painted on his face, although he had heard that there was an...  Interesting requirement to fulfill it.  He smiled brightly as he walked up to Wardge and offered to shake his hand.  
     "Greetings Wardege.  It's been a little while has it not?  And greetings to you two as well.  May I ask, the whiskers were, necessary correct?"

ID#  83152  LD:  1+3=4  @Vigilon

Edited by Domarus

Sky had been napping on the second floor, near his shop. It was a quiet spot, and thankfully it was a safe zone due to being his store, but more than that it was a beautiful spot to relax, when he suddenly got a message, from none other then Boar bait. He called him that because when me met him, a lot of boars seemed attracted to him. Sky didn't mean it with any offense, it was just a nickname to remember the guy from.

He was quick to go up there, but while he was walking.... He was more then pissed. This rock had taken AGES for him to break, he had broken down so many times during it, under the mental strain of it, but he could help this guy actually get through it without all the pain.... He had level two in the skill now, and could a fair bit of damage a hit, so it would be easy for them now. Once he showed up, he saw a group of guys, who all seemed to know each other... He felt a little out of place, but walked up anyway, after of course searching for something up here, coming up empty.

"Hey boar bait!!" He called out as he walked up, not in a rude way, his voice made it sound like a joke... at least he hoped it did.

ID# 83272 results:

Loot: 3

As he waited for the others to arrive, he decided, "I should start on this thing."

Let's roll, shall we!?

The first punch wasn't so bad, but Vigilon was a little disappointed at how much damage he did compared to the boulder's durability(or was it HP?). Soon, Wardege and Lee arrived, and when Lee told him that the whiskers were a good look for him, Vigilon silently assumed that was some kind of joke or sarcasm. "I'm gonna be getting this until this darn rock is a pile of pebbles." Soon, a player Vigilon did not recognize arrived. Must have been who Wardege invited. "Holy crap, that guy's tall!" "Yup, I'm stuck with this face till I beat this rock into pebbles!" Not too soon after, he heard a familiar voice. "Hey boar bait!!" Vigilon hid his face, gritting his teeth. "I can't believe that name actually stuck." He was often provoked by such words, but at least he was able to keep himself from reacting angrily when Stryder first called him that.

ID# 83283 BD: 8(hit)

@Wardege @Lee @Stryder @Domarus

Target's status:

Boulder: HP 49/50

Wardege looked at the situation and chuckled. "I suppose everyone has that one or few things they just need to do, no matter how ridiculous it seems." He looked carefully at the rock, and made his first attempt to strike it.

Now, a rock couldn't possibly do any damage to Wardege, but that rock seemed so solid, that it could have broken his hand. "Agh! That didn't go as expected..." He was relieved that this was a game and he really didn't break his hand. Perhaps punching the side was a bad idea? When the other player arrived, and called Vigilon "boar bait", he tried so hard not to laugh, but failed miserably. He thought it wouldn't hurt to meet this player, so as he thought about how and where exactly he would punch the boulder, he walked up and introduced himself to Stryder. "I believe we haven't met. Wardege, at your humble service."

ID# 83286 BD: 1(Critical fail)

@Lee @Vigilon @Domarus @Stryder

Lee would make his way over toward the boulder that looked close to the one that he had to take down during his last time here. It didn't have any distinguishing characteristics but one could tell it was a different boulder though that wasn't saying much. The armored player would look the boulder over as more individuals began to show up. One was rather tall, freakishly so that seemed to know Wardege. Another came not too far after and called Vigilon Boar Bait which caused Lee to glance down at his own familiar that was scratching behind her ear with a small hoof and would then chuckle and speak "Now, make sure you keep to yourself, he isn't food for you." Lee would turn his attentinos to the ones he did not know "Yo."

Vigilon then turned his attentions toward the boulder and would strike it and, as it happened with him as well, it was nothing but a fraction of a hit that one would need to topple the creature that was the massive rock. Wardege aimed to do the same but fell short which was also something Lee knew of all too well. Lee would let his shield rest on the ground with sword in its scabbard against its back to which Babette would take as a play thing as she would jump onto the shield, trying to keep steady against the rocking. Lee would look the boulder over and take in a small breath before drawing his fist back and in one solid blow, slam it into the boulder, sending a good size shock through it from the strike. A smile would slide over his face "Oh that felt awesome as all hell."

ID: 83307
BD: 10(HIT)(CRIT)

Boulder:  49-5= 44/50

Domarus didn't get a respond at first as another player had arrived.  It was a player with black hair and a black coat who called the brown haired player who seemed to be the quest taker 'boar bait'.  This obviously was a comment that originated in another adventure they must have had at some point.  Keres stifled back laughter while Domarus merely cocked an eyebrow at the brown player asking the obvious question of why that nickname.  He watched as the brown haired player struck the rock and dealt a single blow of damage to it.  Domarus glanced at Rhozarth who stared at the rock without a care.  Obviously the familiar didn't intend to assist with smashing a rock.  Domarus was willing to bet that the system would not allow him to assist in unarmed combat because otherwise Rhozarth would not hesitate to assist Domarus.  Wardege then made a comment on the face paint and went to hit the stone, however he dealt no damage at all.  He then tried to introduce himself to the other player Domarus didn't know but the player only replied to him and Domarus with the word 'yo' as if they had no importance whatsoever.  Afterwards he struck the boulder and it was clear that he had the martial arts skill, or equipment that increased his unarmed damage because the health dropped farther than usual.  Domarus didn't really care about this player ignoring him.  Soon enough everyone would know and respect him.  He swung his fist at the boulder but didn't deal any damage.  So he was going to need to swing at full force then eh?
     "So, Boar bait, would it be acceptable for me to ask you your name?"
ID#  83316  BD:  1

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus

"Sky noticed the bit of anger on Vigilons face as he called him Boar Bait. The name stuck, especially since the time he had met this guy, he had saved him from two boars, and had proceeded to be ambushed by three more, and right after that he had to fight and kill a big ass boar that had been strong enough to throw him about eight meters back, floating the whole way!!! They had been attracted to him, which made him take his mental note to get some materials and craft him some armor so that he could survive. He turned to Wardege as he introduced himself, being seriously formal, a lot like Nashoba. He shrugged it off his mind, turning towards him.

"No need to be so formal dude, just relax. My name's Stryder, here to help break a rock" He said, looking at it, grinning. This thing had given him SO much grief, but now, he was back, and for revenge. Sky cracked his neck, walking up towards it and pulling his fist back. As he pulled it back, the stars on his glove glowed visably, even in the light, before his fist went straight into the rock, dealing a smashing blow to it as he watched it take damage. 

"Love these gloves!!"

ID# 83329 results

Battle: 3 + 3 - Hit - 7 DMG

Boulder: 37/50

Vigilon sighed in frustration over being called boar bait again. "Vigilon." Perhaps punching the rock would get this off his mind.

Let's roll, shall we!?

That worked. That is, he had something else to be frustrated about. "Agghhh! Hnrrrrrrrgg....." "This is just ridiculous..." He also took note of how Stryder and Lee struck it with ease, while Wardege and the other player didn't have much luck with their first strikes. This rock was in his way towards getting stronger, which he would need to do for several things, such as starting a Guild. He looked to Domarus. "And you are...?" He wasn't in the usual mood for introductions, seeing as he had trouble with a simple rock and being called boar bait. Twice. However, just because he was having an off day so far, didn't mean he meant any offense in his rather aggressive tone. As he waited for an answer, he considered taking a breather...or two.

@Wardege @Lee @Domarus @Stryder

ID# 83347 BD: 2(Crit. miss!)

Target's status:

Boulder: HP 37/50

"Stryder, hm? A truly interesting name. Well suited for an adventurer of sorts. Anyway, I do get that a lot." Wardege looked back at the boulder, and thought carefully about where he would strike it.

Dealing about 2 damage, Wardege smiled. "I think I found a weak spot!" He felt good that he was assisting in destroying this boulder, and paying back his debt to Vigilon. He wondered what other things he could do to pay back debts, besides just helping out with quests. He also considered getting to know the other players, since he didn't have much time to do so. "Care to tell me about yourself, Vigilon?" Perhaps it would lead to why he seemed so hostile to others before he meets them. Wardege had met several kinds of people, but in a game involving death, even he knew he would meet and encounter different kinds of people, but Vigilon seemed to be someone in a class of his own, Domarus also seemed to be a one of a kind person to Wardege.

ID# 83360 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

@Lee @Domarus @Stryder @Vigilon

Lee would shake his hand after his punch as he enjoyed actually being able to not only help but see just how much he could do without a weapon. He would enjoy the skill far more if he was able to keep his shield and simply strike with a single fist but it seemed impossible. He would then turn his attention toward another black haired player that stuck the boulder with similar force to which Lee would nod his head "Nice, nice." He would then look toward Vigilon and comment "Got to take your time. It ain't all that bad to go off of other peoples strengths when you need it. Otherwise, it'll take you forever and a half." He would laugh lightly at his own time trying to hit the rock, over and over and over with only small chips and cracks here and there. Having others around to help such as this, well, that would have been a greater blessing than the agonizing experience of his own.

ID: 83461
BD: 4

Domarus worked to be aware of all the conversations going on around him, as well as the players themselves.  The black haired player, his name apparently Stryder, seemed to have gear that enhanced his unarmed damage and thus would add damage to the rock.  After Stryder had struck at it, Vigilon introduced himself before striking the boulder.  Domarus blinked at Vigilon's reaction to the impact.  Apparently the player was either going through phantom pain, or had either purposefully or accidentally switched his pain dampener off, though the only player he know would do something like that on purpose was Keres.  Wardege then struck the boulder and dealt a bonus point of damage for striking a critical hit, asking Vigilon about himself afterwards.  Yes, Domarus wanted to gain info on each of these players.  Knowledge was power after all.  Then Lee told Vigilon to take his time and accept other's strengths.  He nodded with a smile.
     "Indeed.  Everyone has a flaw or something they cannot achieve alone or easily.  That's why parties are formed.  When you find a friend who covers your weaknesses, you slowly become partners.  The more players you connect with, the closer you all become as well as stronger.  The moment one thinks they can do anything on their own is when they fall."  Domarus was mainly saying this for Wardege's benefit, hoping that this would aid him in swaying him over.  The smile was just a typical deception to fool other players into thinking he was a very nice man.  Nearly never did he ever show a hint of his true personality, and most of the times he did it was only when he chose to.  With that he shot his fist forward with enough force to shake the rock, however without the proper gear or skills he only dealt one point of damage.  However he'd choose to use this to his advantage and grinned.
     "This is a perfect example.  As a dps I can usually take down foes in one or two hits.  Since I lack the proper equipment as well as skill, while I will continue to contribute I'll mainly rely on those with the proper equipment or skill."  Keres watched a little ways away, cold water stored in her inventory for when the players had finished punching rocks.  To be honest she wished it was just the player Vigilon as she would have loved to screw around with him, making his face go red with embarrassment and very likely anger.  She held back a snicker.  She loved to mess with people's emotions.

Boulder:  35

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus

(Note to all, im sorry but i did my damage wrong XD My base is actually 10, my bad for that. This might be over a little quickly.... I'l fix that up in this post, will be doing correct dmg each turn) 

Sky was a little flustered by the complement, his name being unique, though he didn't react much. He simply smiled, nodding to him. He chose his name because, well, it was unique, and he liked the sound of it.

"Heh, kind of does doesn't it? Wardege is a pretty cool name, sounds like your some solo war fighter" He said, before looking over to hear, well, a red haired player, talking about going off each others strengths. He did agree..... But he went silent at that. He had always been bad at that.... He couldn't bear the thought of getting someone else hurt..... He looked at the rock, delivering a spinning kick that dealt a big chunk of damage, tearing a chunk off it. 

"He's right, to stay alive in here we have to work with each other" He said, but secretly, he didn't want to admit it himself, he wasn't letting others get hurt.

ID# 83511 results:

Battle: 4 + 3 - 7 - hit

Boulder:  25

Edited by Stryder

Vigilon almost fell off the boulder when Domarus struck it. Either way, he wasn't giving up.

Let's roll, shall we!?

After his fist struck the boulder, a crack appeared on the top where he struck it. "Won't be long now," he thought. When Wardege asked Vigilon if he could talk to the other players about himself, he hesitated, and said, "Mabye, but for now, this rock's going down, one punch at a time!" He also had been thinking about what Domarus had said. "Well, I do intend to start a Guild. I don't know very much about the current Guilds, but two Guilds in particular have given me some slight inspiration on how I should run it. The Celestial Ascendants, and The Emerald Harbingers. Sure, I have other things and Ideas, but the inspiration will build up my plans for the Guild. I'm still planning the possibilities though. Both the Paladin setup for the Celestial Ascendants and the Emerald Harbingers' Council show me some things about having everyone cover each other's weaknesses. I guess, since I plan on using the method of covering weaknesses with others' strengths for my Guild, but I am going to stick with most of my original ideas, there's a small chance that the Guild I start may look like some kind of middle ground between the two I got inspiration from. After all, it looks like that now, from how the plans appear to me, but I intend to change that so it doesn't seem like a ripoff of either."

ID# 83568 BD: 8(hit)

Target's Status:

Boulder: HP 24/50

@Wardege @Lee @Domarus @Stryder

OOC: Um, Stryder, a few people have also gotten the pronunciation of Wardege wrong... So here is the namesake for the username. It helped Vigilon figure it out. Ward + Protege =Wardege

"More like a defender, actually. However, I kind of see where you would be coming from." When Domarus explained something regarding strengths and weaknesses, Wardege thought about the words, and stored it in his mind. "I agree with Domarus. Tanks like myself aren't very good at stealth or damage related things most of the time, and there are plenty of players out there who could use, or even need a tank to assist." He looked back to the boulder, preparing to strike it again.

Wardege's attack didn't work, but he knew the boulder would eventually be destroyed. Wardege was a little disappointed when Vigilon hesitated and replied to his question with a "maybe". Soon Vigilon shared his thoughts on Domarus's words and two Guilds, and Wardege wondered if there were other Guilds yet to rise. If Domarus was to make a Guild, Wardege would most likely join that one. He didn't know what the future held, but perhaps joining a Guild would help him in his quest to help other players.

ID# 83573 BD: 4(fail)

@Lee @Domarus @Stryder @Vigilon

OOC: The Dice roller seems to be acting up a little, is the same happening to you guys?

Lee would draw his fist back but would turn his attentions toward a player whom would soon come to be known to him as Domarus to which he would agree. He would then go a bit into detail about how if someone would try to go through the game alone, they wouldn't get far to which Lee would nod in agreement "True that." Stryder would then attack the boulder once more, dealing a fair about of damage that, overall far more than the group as a whole. Lee would strike his fist once more at the boulder which was solid in its strike. Vigilon seemed very set on taking down the boulder and would talk about wishing to create a guild of his own. He would speak of the two current guilds in the game that seem to be at the forefront to which Lee would chime in "I wish you the best of luck with that. When you get that stuff put together, I'd like to check it out. I'm not much for the typical guild but would love to see what you put together."

ID: 83660
BD: 8

24-3= 21/50

One by one he heard every player agree with him.  And why not?  When he spoke he was never wrong.  While he may suspect something and that suspicion could easily be false, when he spoke to other players he would either speak the truth, or manipulate them.  The fact that Vigilon mentioned to Wardege that he might be willing to talk about himself had not slipped past Domarus' ears.  It screamed to him that the player Vigilon was a cautious man.  This however was no issue at all.  All it implied was that he would need to take his time to win him over, like he had with Aereth.  Then the player spoke about something of more importance.  According to him he talked about forming a guild, one that would operate similar to the Celestial Ascendants and a guild called the Emerald Harbingers.  He knew about the Celestial Ascendants, thanks to his informant Aereth, but he did not know this other guild.  He turned to Vigilon, showing honest and innocent curiosity instead of the devious thinking and plotting going on behind the impassable facade.  
     "I don't think I've heard of these Emerald Harbingers.  Who are they and what is their goal?"  After this Wardege added onto what Domarus had said earlier, mentioning how as a tank he needed fighters to assist him just as how some fighters might need a tank.  Domarus laughed for a moment and turned to him.
     "Unless a fighter wishes to take on a quest, boss or mob far lower a level than himself, he will need a tank Wardege.  I doubt there are many players in Aincrad who could function as a fighter without a tank."  As Lee mentioned how while he wouldn't join a guild he'd like to see what Vigilon would put together, Domarus nodded with a smile.  As he turned to the rock he thought to himself, his gears grinding swiftly.  He'd need to get a player into this, Emerald Harbingers in order to learn everything there was about them.  If Vigilon managed to form a guild, he would need to have a player join their ranks as well so he would keep up to date.  He struck the rock with another powerful swing, shaking it again but as usual dealing base damage.

ID#  83847  BD:  6

20/50

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus

Sky didn't answer anyone, deciding to just instead size up to the rock. He then heard Dom ask about the Emerald Harbingers, his guild. He was interested, though it felt weird, Sky shrugging it off.

"The Emerald Harbingers is a guild created to assist low level players level. We are a guild that dreams to help save everyone" He says, before looking at the rock. He quickly sent a fist into it once again taking a huge chunk off the rock. He was finding this a little to easy to break this time around, though... He had the skill now. If he had tried again without it.... It would have taken him years!!! Again.

"Tanks will help you in big fights, without them you will die. I haven't got a tank ally yet who i can depend on so i haven't tried to take any high tier quests yet" He said, before looking at Dom. He was suprised he was interested in his guild, well, Atzo's guild, but he was a rank one member, and it was his job to spread the word. The guild wasn't well known, but he wanted to keep helping low level players, and for them to come to him and ask for help.

ID# 83888 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 - hit

Rock : 10/50