[PP-F2] Of light, shadow, and rocks <<BtU>>(Vigilon, Wardege, Domarus, Stryder, Lee)

Vigilon listened carefully to the others, and when Domarus asked him about the Emerald Harbingers, he decided to be honest. "Well, I don't know that much about them. I do know that they help new players to rise, and that they are lead by that fox Atzo. That's literally all I know about them at the moment." A shaking, crumbling rock was certainly easier to fall off of than a shaking boulder. Nevertheless, Vigilon struck the rock with haste, hoping to get this over with.

Let's roll, shall we!?

That could have gone better, if the boulder had stopped shaking, that is. After his failed strike, he almost fell off the boulder. Hanging on the top with one hand, about four feet above the ground, he sighed and said, "Just my luck." He had been through enough embarrassing moments as it is. He wasn't going to have that happen again. As he climbed back on top of the boulder, he explained his thoughts on Wardege's comment. "It's kind of like a system, really. A Tank is good at absorbing the enemy's attacks, but usually don't focus on their damage. The DPS takes on the enemy with full force, with the Tank keeping the enemy focused on them. The Scout, so I've heard, is good at scouting the area, staying hidden from sight, and gathering loads of loot, which benefits all their allies. Finally, the Healers, with the right skills, is an HP powerhouse to themselves and others, allowing their allies to keep fighting. In short, should all builds be involved in a single party or Guild, the group in question will be quite formidable from teamwork and variety."

ID# 83961 BD: 3(miss)

@Wardege @Lee @Domarus @Stryder

Target's Status:

Boulder: HP 10/50

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wardege watched and listened to the others. "I certainly am interested in Guilds that help others. After all, I live to help others, and pay back kindness. Even if it is temporary, I am interested in seeing what the Emerald Harbingers have to offer. Joining is the least I can do to pay back my debts to any of it's members." He tried not to laugh at Vigilon's mishap, but a chuckle still came out. Wardege wondered if these mishaps of Vigilon's was just him, or if he just had ridiculously terrible luck. As he dwelt on this, he struck the rock.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

Although he only dealt 1 damage, it was better than nothing. Vigilon's comment on what Wardege said gave him something to think about. "Hmm...It does seem like a system. A system with four wheels, each one contributing to the overall goal. I only have to play my part, and the players are sure to succeed." Wardege continued to listen as the group of five continued to smash the rock.

ID# 83971 BD: 7(hit)

@Lee @Domarus @Stryder @Vigilon

Lee would look at that spot he had been wailing away on and saw significant change with just a couple of hits which caused him to remember how this was when he first tried and with those same number of hits, made no sort of change. He would listen as those around him spoke of guilds and how each person, depending on what it was they wished to contribute in their own way, would help another whom was stronger in one way or another. Whilst he liked the idea of forming a party to make up for a weakness, he was still on the fence about guilds. "I'm all for helping people for the most part but I don't like the idea of a guild centered around it. A simple party would do the same with no defining difference." He would reach back and throw his first forward to strike the boulder and then continue

"I feel there needs to be something else for a guild to have. Something that makes it different than another. Otherwise, you're making an oversized clubhouse that is a carbon copy of the one that came before and one that comes after." He would then give way to pause before looking to Vigilon "So, you wanting to take the last few hits yourself since it is your quest or....?" He wasn't even sure if they were able to make a final hit if it wasn't their own quest but even so, it'd be best to leave it low and Vigilon to do it.

ID: 83980
BD: 7

Boulder: 9-3= 5/50

((OOC: I assume that we should let Vigilon take the rock hitting from here or the 1 DMG hitters keep it goin.))

Not too long after his question was made vocal, it was answered by the player Stryder.  Domarus liked it when players answered his questions directly and swiftly, however there wasn't much information the player gave, and what he did give was gravely disappointing.  He wondered if they were a powerful guild like the Spectrum Coalition, or the Knights of the Blood oath, though Domarus didn't really see either as a threat to him currently, but it turned out they were just another group of players who consume expenses and time worrying about the little people.  Once again he thought of how players need to do things on their own.  Players who receive hand outs become beggars, weak and needy.  Players who reach the top on their own and with trusted few were the players who would remain on the top.  That was a solid truth.  Of course he wouldn't speak this as only a few could understand, or cared of how the world truly worked.  He simply nodded his understanding.
     "I see.  Well I hope your guild does well then."  After that Vigilon mentioned how the guild was run by a player named Atzo.  Atzo eh?  After getting Aereth out of the trap he fell into he'd send him to investigate this, Atzo character.  Vigilon went further to explain how it was kind of like a system.  His wording was rather interesting but on the whole he wasn't far from the truth.  Of course Wardege was the one to proclaim that the Emerald Harbinger's was a guild he liked.  The player was completely and totally selfless, which was why he would perish if Domarus didn't forcibly change his thinking.  However nobody said force had to be harsh.  It would be of course but he'd take his time.  The first step was to learn everything about Wardege on a more....  Personal level.  Then he could get started.  Lee then talked about how he felt a guild should be.  His comment on the Harbinger's was one of the main area's Domarus also agreed with.  However, to carry out his reputation further:
     "I think it's nice to see a guild that's focused on helping other's while nobody else will.  While I agree that a small party could do that too, Guild's can assist a far wider group.  So long as they're active enough that is."  Upon hearing Lee's suggestion he decided to wait for Vigilon to give the answer.

@Stryder

Sky watched as the others managed to land there blows, the rock being pretty much shattered, just needing the final push. After his hit, he had decided not to hit again, even before the guy had suggested it. When he had done the quest, he had wanted SO badly to break the dam rock, and he had, it had felt AMAZING. He wasn't going to steal that from Vigilon.

He looked over at Dom, still insanely unsure about him. Something about him was off, but he didn't know what. He seemed nice, saying that he hoped about his guild, but still. Sky decided it might just be his over cautious nature around others, and how hard he finds it to trust others, but he just got bad vibes.

"Our guild is different as we aren't just giving stuff to players, we aren't doing all the work for them. We are giving them what they need to survive, and teaching them how to use it to get them through this mess" He said to the group, before walking over towards Wardege

"What debts?" 

ID# 84222 results:

Loot: 11 - No mat

Vigilon wasn't going to let this rock stand in his way much longer. He had to finish this thing off.

Let's roll, shall we!?

That attempt was literally his worst punch so far. He struck it right on top, but this time all he got was what seemed to be a shock through his whole body. "Nnnaaaauuggghhhh!!!!" It could have been worse, he could have had his hand shattered, assuming that could happen, but his hand was still there. "This is one of the most embarrassing moments I will ever have in this freaking death game. That was the most pitiful attempt on this rock, ever. In all of time. Perhaps." He wondered if there was a better way to deal with this thing, or if he should keep trying as it is. He was a bit tired of this. Scratch that, he was really tired of this rock. "Hey, Ward, a little help here?"

ID# 84315 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Target Status:

Boulder: HP 5/50

"Should I ever have any debts, I'll repay them." Wardege didn't really think much about guilds, but if he were to grow stronger, he could more easily repay debts in this lifelike death game. Perhaps being in a guild, even if it's temporary, wouldn't be so bad after all. It wasn't about strength or power to him, but the fact that they are willing to help others and each other is what caught his attention. Of course, to Wardege it also seemed that if Domarus were to start a guild, it would be far more interesting, with more debts paid, seeing how he appears to be turning up often since Wardege met him. He heard Vigilon ask for help, and he smiled. "Long have I waited for those words from you, Vigilon, I'll see how this stone's troubling you, and make it easier at the least."

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

He obviously hit the wrong spot, because he ended up with a failed strike as terrible as Vigilon's last attempt.

ID# 84348 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

Edited by Wardege

Lee would turn his attention toward Domarus as he would comment on what it was that Lee was saying and give a valid counter point to which Lee would cross his arms and give a light nod in agreement. "I can see that though I feel that's the goal of most, if not the vast majority of most players in general. I just think that groups and guilds should be a bit more..." He would pause for a moment as he aimed to find the right word "...distinguishable." Stryder would then make the comment that the guild he was with was aimed in helping players move forward in order to get their own footing.

It was admirable though he felt as though his point still stood unfaltered. He would break away from this thought as he would look at Vigilon as he seemingly struck the boulder but this time around, it may have struck back which Lee would quickly raise a hand to cover his mouth to suppress any sort of laughter from escaping. After a moment, he would use the same hand to raise a thumb upward toward the player "Keep it up, it wasn't easy for anyone so you're doin great." Lee would then look to Wardege as he was called to action but upon striking the rock, his attack followed suit to that of the man that had called for his aid which caused a similar reaction as Lee would turn his head to look away at some unknown object as he quickly covered his mouth yet again to keep himself from being too rude but it was so very hard.

ID: 84366
LD: 13(Failed)

Domarus listened to Stryder defending his guild however the more he talked the more Domarus wanted to scoff.  He didn't of course, outwardly he only showed curiosity and interest.  Inwardly it was one of the stupidest concepts he had heard of.  He doubted this guild would last long unless it changed, or at the very least added more to their guild.
    "Well.  Don't you think you can do more than just that?  If all your guild does is assist other players then you yourselves won't have the time to develop yourselves.  That seems less like a guild and more like a group of party members putting one name under themselves."  It actually reminded him of the Black adder to be totally honest but he didn't have time to think about that right about now.  The player who took the quest struck the rock again and appeared to have another shockwave of phantom pain.  This player really was pathetic.  The fact that the phantom pain existed was one thing, but the fact that he reacted in such a way made it clear he would not react well in an actual duel.  He was willing to bet that if the player fought Domarus, he could have the player at his knees without even doing much.  The worst part was he asked Ward, a player who was already assisting him, for help.  Then the other player started to talk, sharing how he believed guilds should be set apart.  Domarus nodded.  
     "Guilds should be more than just a party.  They need to have a firm and solid goal in mind.  While I agree that assisting players in need is an extreme importance, I feel like that would be a sub goal."  Domarus swung three more times at the boulder but none of them did anything but shake it.  He sighed and backed up for the next player to give it a shot.

ID# 84476  BD:  4

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 84542 results:

Loot: 3

Sky decided to stay quiet. It was obvious at this point he was just defending his own guild. He knew they weren't the most.. Well unique of the guilds, but he liked it. It was a small group of players who were all here to make sure people survived. No matter what anyone said, that was always his goal, to save people. He was going to one day hit the front lines and join, and be one of the strongest people if he had the chance to, though he doubted that very much. He decided to look around for materials, failing to find anything, and instead contempt to just lay down, and relax for a moment. It wasn't his call to break the rock, taht was up to the rest of them, he hit it again it was shattering. He had made great use of his martial arts skill, it having saved him a great many times, and he hoped that it would continue to do so, no matter what.

@Vigilon

Edited by Stryder

As Vigilon struck the rock again, causing a largish crack to appear in the boulder, he listened carefully to what the others were talking about. He looked at Domarus and said, "Hey, I want to know your opinion on this. What do you think is optimal for a Guild?" Vigilon had been wondering why this talk of Guilds seemed to be not like just sharing opinions, but to him it sounded more like it was a peaceful argument, or a debate of sorts. He looked at Wardege and said, "Well, no one ever said this was easy, but we can keep trying." Vigilon had a few thoughts on how he should make his future Guild, but maybe by getting everyone's opinions on Guilds, he could probably see the general need and, hopefully, fill it. "This boulder won't last much longer, I just know it this time. Sure, this seems tedious and ridiculous that I keep saying this to myself, but it is possible."

ID# 84673 BD: 8(hit)

Target's Status:

Boulder: HP 4/50

Edited by Vigilon

Wardege proceeded to strike the rock and fail once again, but he didn't really care. He listened carefully to Domarus's words, and wondered why he seemed to think that way, and most importantly why. Vigilon asked a very good question, and he looked at Domarus, saying, "I'm all ears on that one. I am curious about everyone's thoughts and opinions..." So far, Vigilon basically admitted his ideas were a work in progress, Lee just seemed curious about everyone's thoughts, as well as shared his own opinions, Stryder seemed to expand and explain his Guild in detail, appearing to try keeping himself from feeling torn down as well as he may have felt his Guild was, but Domarus seemed to have only given responses to others' opinions so far, and had yet to expand on his own beliefs. "I currently believe all of us have had something to say, but I think it would be better if we all did expand and explain about our thoughts on Guilds, as it may contribute to the future. I, for one, will say that helping others is one of many ideal traits of a Guild. However, I still have yet to learn the rest."

ID# 84774 BD: 3(missed)

The armored man would turn his attentions to the boulder and then to the spot in which he had been striking. The spot had become indented and fractured and he would reach out and squint as he took hold of a material and withdrew it and would look at it in surprise. He knew the last time he did this quest, Piera had found a few things from the boulder and it was something he didn't really take into account. He would look around to each of the players as the continued talk of guilds continued and each had very similar thoughts though he didn't really disagree with. He wasn't the one trying to grab peoples attention for a cause and the cause, if he had one, would surely be something...different. Maybe a guild built to sabotage the front lines. He would chuckle to himself as he would get lost in the minor thought process.

ID: 84972
LD: 15(SUCCESS)
MAT: 1

Domarus noted how Stryder had fell silent.  Whether this was due to his being upset at Domarus' words, or realizing that he wasn't going to win this conversation, didn't really matter.  Lee and Stryder seemed to have ended.  Vigilon however asked Domarus a question.  What did he think was optimal for a guild.  Before he could say anything on the matter, which he always did, Wardege spoke up.  He told the other players that helping others should be one of several primary traits in a guild and how he did not yet know the rest of them.  Domarus noted that Lee started to wander off while Stryder lay down.  It appeared that Lee became bored easily and Stryder didn't pay much attention to areas he felt he wasn't required.  Domarus was the opposite.  He remained sharp, did his all to be aware of all actions and conversations going on around him.  This was why he had Keres and the familiars.  They acted as additional eyes and ears for him.  Domarus noted that it was his turn to hit the boulder and took his position.
     "Well you'll need to be more specific.  There are three types of guilds.  The first and most common is a family type of guild, where players who are very close to each other form a guild to show that they are a family.  Nothing more than a title so to speak.  The second type of guild is fame where players seek to make a name for themselves, whether by actions or other means.  The third is effort, where their sole purpose is focussed on assisting and aiding throughout the game."  Domarus swung his fist from below, cracking the boulder further.
     "As for the first type of guild anything goes.  Whatever the guild believes in really.  As far as the second, the best option I believe would be to be as active as possible.  The more active a guild is, the more known they'll be.  And for the third I would say the main focus should be on any major need.  The front lines should be top priority.  After that I'd say to help supply the frontlines with equipment, following that by getting players up in levels.  Activity is still important as well."

ID#  84984  BD:  8
Boulder:  3/50

@Vigilon

Edited by Domarus

OOC: Due to Stryder falling asleep(and because he requested it), his turn has been skipped.

Vigilon noticed that Stryder had fallen asleep, and he thought about what the others had said as he failed to deal damage to the rock once again. "Well, you guys sure have had interesting thoughts and opinions throughout all this. I must say that Wardege's belief is true in a way. If a Guild only helps themselves, they're bound to be hated under certain circumstances, maybe even destroyed by other guilds or even themselves, if not by monsters. Pride comes before fall. At least, that's what I think. A Guild that is built on multiple things is sure to be more active, but if the Guild is determined to play it's part in all the players' escape, it will take time before they can do so, assuming they start from the bottom, that is. If other players rise with the Guild, they might be capable of more then they would have been before. I'm sure there's more where that came from, though."

ID# 85038 BD: 3(miss)

Target's Status:

Boulder: HP 3/50

Edited by Vigilon

Wardege was happy to hear that his thoughts were accepted in a way. At least his voice was heard. He struck the boulder, and decided to call it a day. "I'll leave the rest to you, Vigilon. the stone will shatter any second now." It wasn't like he could do any more, which he certainly could, but he didn't want to take the moment of shattering the rock from Vigilon. He also listened carefully to Domarus's words, taking in as much as possible into his mind. He honestly could care less about what kind of Guild Domarus would start, but the fact remained that he would be joining so he could pay all those debts, which were growing in number. "It doesn't look like I will be without debts in this game, that is certain." To Wardege, it seemed that he would be repaying debts to Domarus for a long time, if not the rest of his time in the game, or the rest of his life, for that matter.

ID# 85181 BD: 8(hit)

@Domarus @Lee @Stryder @Vigilon

Lee would continue to look around the area just around himself in order to find a material or something of the like, glancing back toward the group ever moment or so. He continued to listen as they discussed the guild topic and Domarus would chime in on the different types of guilds. More or less, it was what every guild in Sword Art Online was. He would take in a light breath and cross his arms as Vigilon would speak of Wardege's comment and then add his own two cents. "While it is all good and great to have a guild full of friends and allies, you have to also make sure that you have some sort of power or you'll just be spinning your wheels in the mud and get nowhere fast." He would then reach down and pick of a small pebble and straighten his posture once more as he would roll it around in his palm, aiming to keep it from falling.

ID: 85410
LD: 17(SUCCESS)
MAT: 2

Vigilon began to share some more of his thoughts and hearing the first words Domarus nearly chuckled but revealed nothing of the sort.  Pride comes before fall.  Those words were so utterly pathetic.  Arrogance led to fall.  Pride shows that you care about what you are doing.  It is arrogance that leads one to death.  He turned to Vigilon after he finished his thoughts.
     "That's not necessarily true.  If players formed a guild designed to keep themselves alive and not help the game progress, so long as they don't piss someone off there isn't any real threat to them.  They won't get anywhere but that doesn't mean they'll die simply because they only seek to help themselves.  And just because a guild declares that they choose to help players in every way, and even if they make the attempt and effort, that does not mean they'll be a great guild.  More often than not, it's the guilds that risk more who fall faster.  Unless the players within the guild are truly strong."  He watched as Stryder had apparently fallen asleep, and Wardege had backed out, of the combat as well as the conversation.  Domarus landed another solid punch on the rock and dealt another point of damage to it.  Now all Vigilon needed was either a critical hit or two more strikes on the sucker.  He then heard Lee speak up and mention how a guild needed power to go anywhere at all.  Domarus nodded.
     "Power.  Passion.  Persistence.  Without those no guild will ever rise.  If you lack the passion for the guild's goal, your actions will be rather lax.  Without the power and strength, guilds can't overcome obstacles.  Without persistence players will quit the guild rather than improve it."

@Vigilon

Edited by Domarus

Spoiler

ID# 85634 results:

Loot: 9- No mat

Sky was looking around, begging to try and find his friend. He had been missing for way to long at this point, and he wanted him back. He thought he heard wispers, running towards it, only to find nothing. He kept searching, trying to find his friend. As he looked, he had an eerie feeling, and as he looked up, he saw him, strung across the ceiling

Sky jolted up, sweating and puffing as he woke up from a flash nightmare. He thought he had felt something under his back, but there wasn't anything at all, making him wonder. He had heard Dom a little, but he took no notice of it. That guy threw him off quite a lot, so he decided to just let it roll. He looked around, wondering if their was anything he could do other then spectate and watch the area around him. He didn't have many activities without the rock to punch, but he had done his part.

Edited by Stryder

Vigilon struck the rock, failing to deal damage to it yet again, and he sighed in minor frustration. "No way am I giving up on this boulder. Not now, not today, not ever." He just needed a crit, if not two successful hits, to finish this thing. "Well, every Guild does need a goal, and a reason to work towards it. Otherwise, the so called 'Guild' has no purpose, and ends up nowhere. There is more than one way to define pride, thus it could be for good, or for bad. Arrogance is another flaw that causes people to fall, that remains true. I prefer to deal with something vital. Survival. Perhaps if players got together, helped each other get up on their feet, and trained for any fight they might need to participate in...Well, I will say perhaps a solid goal can help, but if a Guild also remains flexible, they might discover other purposes for their endeavors. I won't forget that we should train players who the Guild I plan to start takes under wing, not baby them or anything."

ID# 85636 BD: 3(miss)