[PP-F2] Of light, shadow, and rocks <<BtU>>(Vigilon, Wardege, Domarus, Stryder, Lee)

As Wardege watched Vigilon fail to deal damage, and proceed to speak his mind afterwards, he began to think about what Vigilon meant. He found an herb growing nearby, picked it and stashed it into his inventory. "Well, I do agree that there must be a solid goal in mind, which I have never had. Thus, I'd rather be a follower, who 'goes with the flow', to coin a phrase. A Guild that is flexible, and can bend with the flow sounds good to me. At this rate, I'm merely curious about what these future Guilds have to offer, despite that I believe I already know which one I would be joining..." "I'm not sure if or how they will respond, but I should be ready for what could possibly be said. That is, if I was to have a thought on it." He waited patiently for any responses, as well as Vigilon to finish off the boulder, that is, until a message appeared on his menu. "I know this is a bit sudden, but I have to go. Perhaps I'll see you all again soon."

-Wardege has left the thread

ID# 85725 LD: 20(+1 Mat)

Edited by Wardege
  • 5 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee would listen to everyone's opinion of just what would entail in a guild and what it was that they wanted, some didn't like the idea of leading and others wanted to lead with others. The latter of the two seemed to be the most common of the guild types running around. "Having more than one leader tends to work if the existing guilds would prove any sort of point. I can see the appeal, no need for all the burden to fall onto one person, being able to put things to a vote or even just having someone around when others aren't there to answer." He would look around and crouch down and pick up a material from under a small rock as he would continue.

"I don't really see myself as the guild type but I haven't shied away from them in the past." He would raise the rock he had in his hand up and continue to let it circle in his palm, dropping it but quickly trying to catch it before it hit the ground but to no avail. He would pick it up and begin his little round a bout once more.

ID: 90645
LD: 20 (SUCCESS)

Edited by Lee

Vigilon stated how every guild needs a goal, and a reason to work for it, and otherwise the guild would have no purpose and end up nowhere.  He listened to the player continue, talking about pride and how it could be a good thing or a bad thing.  Vigilon mentioned how he preferred to deal with survival, which was something vital, and how if players got together they could survive.  Domarus laughed on the inside to the foolish statement he made.  Survival?  That was the only thing he was hoping for?  The player was an idiot, he should have known the first moment he saw him.  He listened to Lee's words, and immediately disagreed with him too, though he didn't show it.  Democracy got people nowhere, especially when the world was filled with corrupt individuals who know how to pull the strings and control people in charge.  That's how America was falling.  One needed a strong leader with someone at his or her right hand in case the one in charge was needed for something.  Not to mention the people voting can be torn apart by difference in opinion.

"Well as for your comment Vigilon, is that really all you intend to shoot for with your guild?  Survival?  That isn't a goal, not a purpose.  That sounds more to me as several people huddling together and putting a shield around yourselves.  I for one, want to do more than survive.  I want to live.  Despite being trapped in this world, I have my own hopes, my own plans and purposes, my own dreams.  I won't let this game snuff them out of me by making me fearful.  I want to create a guild that gives players more purpose than just to stay alive.  I want to give them something to shoot for.  To join the frontlines.  To help other players and reap rewards.  To become the greatest in their profession.  To assist and help each other.  Give them titles and achievements they can work towards and earn.  When you give someone something they can shoot for, especially in a world such as this, they can grow strong and powerful."

"And Lee, I would agree, yet also disagree.  I believe democracy works for a short time, however people will reach one of two inevitable problems.  Either the group of leaders in question become torn due to a difference of opinion on a particular topic, or multiple topic, becoming more and more distant and cold to each other for being on the other side.  I have seen this happen time and time again in my youth.  Or someone who is corrupt will somehow take a seat on the council and work until he or she has control of pretty much 
everything.  Now while I'll say the options other than democracy have their faults as well, as not everything is perfect, I am simply pointing out one of the main issues with this choice.  I wonder if there are any guilds out there with that method actually..."

@Stryder

Edited by Domarus

Sky listened to them talking about guilds, making him wonder. Right now, he was in his own guild Emerald Harbingers, however... He didn't know if he was going to stay. He had his rank, his title, and the guild itself was amazing, but he had no idea if he was going to be there for ever. he needed to push himself, to become stronger and better, and a guild is a great place to do it. He had gotten in contact with many people there... ANd just by going out he had made many friends, and had slowly started loving this game HEAPS more. He loved having companions, made him feel special, not out of place like he normally felt. With a sigh, he looked away, a little offput my Domarus.... It was just something about him, he didn't strike Sky as the kind of guy you could trust, but at the same time he didn't seem evil.... He knew that in the long run, this could be a guy he needs to watch out for... He shrugs, laying down and resting, deciding to wait until the rock was broken.

@Vigilon

This rock was becoming an unbearable sight, in the sense that it was annoying enough that the rock wasn't in pieces yet, and that it took so long to actually strike the rock good enough to deal some damage. He stopped paying attention to the one-sided conversation for the time being, he would try and win it over once the rock was pebbles. Maybe. "This rock has been here for far too long. It's time I get to finishing this thing!" Once again, he ended up striking the rock to worse than just simply no avail. "For crying out loud, just shatter already!!!!!!" He was having more trouble than he thought. This dang rock wouldn't break, he was outspoken in conversation, which primarily meant that he still had to work on his thoughts for the Guild, and one of the people who was here to support had left. Clearly, either this day, or life was testing his limits/patience or something...

ID# 90853 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

(OOC: Dang it Dice!!!)

@Lee

Edited by Vigilon

Domarus seemed aimed toward making the most of the game and disliked the idea of just sailing through the game behind a wall. Lee wasn't one to agree or disagree, kinda wishing for a happy middle ground. The thought of titles and achievements caught more of Lee's attention as he was an achievement hunter at heart. It did make him dislike that SwordArt Online didn't have anything like that, it would surely increase his willingness to do such things. It was then that he would turn his attentions toward Lee, speaking of both agreeing and disagreeing, mainly over either conflicting groups of leaders or a single corrupt guild leader.

Lee would shrug his shoulders and shake his head lightly "The way of the world it would seem. D@mned if you do, da*ned if don't." Lee would look around but would find nothing though he would continue "I do have to wonder if the numbers game is a good or bad thing, in the end of course. I mean, all it takes is that one person that goes unnoticed."

ID: 90952
LD: 8 (FAIL)

Edited by Lee

Domarus nodded in agreement with Lee.  What was humorous was that he was agreeing with him both as the falsified knight in shining armor, and as the dark manipulating dominator of the world.

"Indeed that is true.  There is no ideal situation for anything in life, nor permanent.  The best we can do is find a structure that works well, and will last longer and more prosperous.  The sad thing is that due to everyone being different and inconsistent, this can be an insane project to handle on one's own, though it is possible.  The Roman empire is a prime example of that.  As for the numbers, you do have to remember that this is a video game.  Kayaba probably doesn't worry too much about the real life difference.  Regardless of reasons, dark or cautious, he wants to make things balanced and fair.  Giving players who act out in the open, as well as players who stalk in the darkness, an equal chance of success."  Domarus scanned the area for materials, spotting three that he grabbed and inserted into his inventory.  He turned back to Vigilon, very annoyed and frustrated at staying this long, but at least he had someone to talk to for the moment.

ID#  91011  CD:  7  LD:  15  +3 MAT

@Vigilon

Edited by Domarus

Sky groaned as he fell down, landing on his back on the cold stone. He was tired... He was bored... He had NOTHING TO DO!!! He was listening to the two talk, though he didn't join in He had no reason to join in, he didn't really... Click with Domarus, or Lee. Both of them weren't really people he felt he could get along with greatly. He wanted to make some new friends, but he knew it wouldn't be here. He wanted to do this, he wanted to get this dam quest done so he could go home, sleep in his little shop. He had decided to make that shop up here actually, being here when he was looking for names. This rock was his milestone for his shop, after seeing the beautiful sights on these mountains he had fully decided where to set up. He loved this place... and he knew he always would. It was special... Something he knew that he would keep, a new dawn.

@Vigilon

Now the only thing Vigilon was focused on was smashing this single solitary, extremely annoying and aggravating boulder. "I don't care how long it's going to take to break this rock. I WILL break it, even if it takes me all day!" He looked around, and noticed that there was a boulder nearby, but it had more height(By about three feet). "Now here's an idea..." He climbed up to the top of the other boulder, and jumped off of it. He fell towards the boulder he was trying to break, and landed his fist on the center of the crack. The rush of the moment was amazing. Chunks and shards of the boulder practically flew everywhere, and in a few seconds the rubble the boulder had been reduced to shattered. Vigilon stood up. "Now, that felt pretty dang awesome." Vigilon cleaned up the whiskers off his face, and then the NPC who gave him the task of smashing the boulder came up to him, saying, "I have to admit, that was actually a bit impressive. You've done well." Well, the players didn't seem to have any other reason to stay. "I guess our work here is done." He started towards the road that would take him back to Urbus. "I guess I'll see you all later!"

ID# 91066 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

(OOC: It's about time!)

Target Status:

Boulder: 0/50

Summary:

Vigilon: 3 SP,  200 Col. Unlocked the skill <<Martial Arts>>

@Lee: 2 SP, 3 T1 Mats, and 200 Col

@Domarus: 2 SP and 200 Col

@Stryder: 2 SP and 200 Col

Edited by Vigilon