[PP-F1] Friends, Foes, and Companions<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Domarus, Vigilon, Wardege)[Complete]

Wardege was preparing to leave the safe zone, heading towards the forest. As he neared the edge, an Npc began to talk to him. Wardege explained that he felt somewhat sorry for the monsters, seeing as some of them might even have a good heart or two. The Npc responded with, "I'm sure there is a way to find out. Try feeding a monster. Should it be a familiar, it will join you and be your companion!" Normally, Wardege would have been slightly confused, since he had lived thirteen years in the U.K. before moving to America. But this must have been generalized, he thought. "Perhaps I might need some assistance again... But a few more tasks for me to pay back others shouldn't be too bad." Wardege sent a message to Domarus, Lee, and Vigilon. He also specified to Vigilon that he could invite someone else if he wanted.

@Domarus @Vigilon

Edited by Wardege
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon was in the Town of Beginnings as usual, since he still had some things to do in the first floor(Like seeking out cheap yet decent gear other than a sword and armor). When he received a message from Wardege, he smirked and remarked to himself, "Heh, had a feeling this might happen. I did this with others when I was new. Although, I still consider myself new. Figures." As he walked towards the edge of the safe zone to where Wardege was, he scanned the town for materials.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not exactly anything, but that wasn't why he left. He remembered the details of the message, and invited Stryder along, who he clearly trusted at the moment. After all, he helped Vigilon out when he was ambushed by boars. He saw Wardege looking in the direction that lead to the forest. "Good to see you again, Wardege. Straight to the point, what do you need help with? I'll see what I can do." Vigilon trusted Wardege, but Vigilon remained slightly cautious, for he secretly believed that Wardege would drag himself into trouble with the way he led his life. "Please tell me this had nothing to do with your 'Debts'..."

ID# 83261 LD: 9(failed)

@Wardege @Domarus

Edited by Vigilon

When Domarus received a message from Wardege, the player he was making many plans for...  Or at least, one of the many, heh heh.  He replied swiftly, informing him that he would meet him shortly.  One of the things he noticed was that the player Wardege appeared to have the great need to pay back favors other players did for him.  Thus he would see anything Domarus did for him as a favor and would attempt to find some way to repay him.  If he could do enough favors for him, some even vital favors, perhaps even saving his life, it would greatly effect his chances of gaining Wardege as an ally.  This was one out of two main courses of action he was planning for the player.  The other one involved the player's emotions words and personality, however that would take a bit of time.  Not only that, but Keres needed time to get the...  Potion ready.  Actually he recalled that he had said potion in his inventory.  The same one Mari had crafted for him.  He would win this war for Wardege without a doubt.  All it would take was time and patience.  Domarus gestured for Keres, in her maid's outfit as always, to come with him as they followed the coordinates.  Porvós, her flaming snake, had wrapped itself around her as always while Rhozarth, armored as usual, sat on Domarus' shoulder.  He found the player and another one he'd seen before as well.  Domarus waved at him with a grin.
     "Hello my friend!  It's good to see you again.  And you, you were the player getting the martial arts skill were you not?  You here to assist Wardege as well?"  The same player...  Twice, consistently.  He began to memorize the player's face.  Brown hair, brown eyes, probably not of drinking age as of yet.  And far shorter than Domarus was, but that wasn't a critical issue in the slightest.  He ensured that his eyes did not appear to be scanning him but instead looking him in the eyes as he had addressed him, as if he were being polite.  What was his name again?  That was the final critical piece of information.
     "Might I ask what your name is again?  I usually don't have poor memory."  He spotted four plants after the player had replied to him and placed them in his inventory.  Two were for Keres and two were for him, as it would be from now on.

ID#  83263  LD:  17  +4 MAT  @Wardege @Lee @Stryder @Vigilon

Spoiler

1 Corpse flower
1 Dill

4 MAT total

Edited by Domarus
  • 2 weeks later...

OOC: Lee and Stryder are unable to be in this thread, apparently, so we shall continue.

Wardege waited patiently for others to arrive, but no one other than Domarus and Vigilon did. "The other two must have been busy." He thought. "I am going to set off in search of a familiar. I was hoping others would help me search." He scanned the area, looking for anything that he could use.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

There wasn't anything here at the moment, but Wardege assured himself he would find more eventually, if not later. "Anything that I should know before we start? I know I have to feed a monster, but other than that, I still know little of this quest I'm starting." Wardege assumed that these two knew plenty more than he did. Of course, he wasn't wrong. He looked to the forest, wondering if there was anything there, or if he would end up going the wrong way. Then again, this game seemed so lifelike, that Wardege guessed that anything could happen.

ID# 84186 LD: 9(failed)

@Domarus @Vigilon

"Vigilon." He didn't know much about Domarus, but he kept his words stored in his memory. After pretty much nobody else arrived, Wardege mentioned that he wanted to search for a familiar. That was when Vigilon noticed something. He looked to his shoulder, and saw that under his light armor trench coat, was a pretty large bump. He stuck his finger under the light armor, and nudged what the lump was. Veriost came out sleepily, seemingly oblivious to the fact that she was asleep under his armor, since she usually slept on his shoulder. "Grraawwwwnn...." "Looks like you were asleep on my shoulder when I equipped the armor for the day." Vigilon thought about what to say about Wardege's question, especially with the experience he had when searching for Veriost. "Well, first, it would be a good idea to search on this floor, unlike myself. I was dared to search on floor 4, although if I wasn't, I wouldn't have found Veriost here. Second, It would help if you had something that helps you with loot and searching, which I don't exactly have anything with that kind of thing to give or loan to you at the moment..." Veriost looked at Wardege curiously, tilting her head to the side.

@Wardege @Domarus

Wardege seemed disappointed at best that players besides Domarus had not appeared.  He wouldn't think that way soon enough.  Eventually Domarus' company would be the only thing he'd care for.  Unfortunately, he hadn't seen much of Dominion or Hidden, Aereth either for that matter.  He needed to find out where they were and draw them back again.  Especially if they were to be his generals.  Dominion had shown the most absence of late.  The brown haired player mentioned his name was Vigilon and Domarus grinned.
     "Ah yes, Vigilon.  Now I remember.  Nice to see you again."  Domarus was going to answer Wardege's question when something came from Vigilon's armor.  Rhozarth didn't seem to have any additional interest other than to observe the familiar.  The flaming dragon eyed the brown haired player's familiar up and down and saw nothing but laziness and weakness, losing interest rather instantly.  Porvós however, who had a higher view because he was wrapped around Keres' torso, craned it's head up a little bit, his curiosity getting the better of him.  As he stared at the dragon he flicked his tongue out a couple of times the way snakes do.  Porvós, like Rhozarth, was constantly ablaze.  Domarus listened to Vigilon's reply and turned to Wardege.  
     "Well I do.  Here, you can borrow this item.  It gives you a searching boost."  The item he handed over the ebony charm.  The item was dotted with deep purple jewels and only when Wardege held the item would the feeling that he was being watched end.
     "And something else you want to be wary of.  You are taming a monster, not an animal.  These creatures will attack you if you do it wrong.  Heh, Rhozarth here wouldn't join me without testing my strength first.  So just keep that in mind."  

Item transferred to Wardege:  Void's Eyes

@Wardege

Wardege thought carefully about what both players said, and both seemed to lean towards the fact that he should proceed with caution. He noticed that the small white dragon was staring at him curiously. "Curious one, isn't she?" he muttered softly, despite it was also loud enough for someone to know what he said. He accepted the ebony charm, and said, "I still have yet to repay the previous debt, but I will find a way to repay you, Domarus." He scanned the area, looking for materials, should they be around.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

He noticed an apple near a tree, and picked it up. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all." He took notice that the two players both had dragons, and wondered why they were so popular. "What is it about dragons that catches the fancy of people? Is it their appearance? Their abilities? Guess it'll be a while before I find out." He didn't really care what his familiar would be, he just wanted a companion that could aid him in his goal to help others in this game.

ID# 84490 LD: 15+3=18(+1 Mat)

@Domarus @Vigilon

Vigilon had to wonder why Wardege assumed Veriost was a girl. "Um, you do realize Veriost is not a girl, right?" Veriost, fully awake, got a little bored from the current scene and blew some ice cold frost breath at Vigilon's face. "Fo!!!" "Agh! Veriost! What was that for? Or were you just bored?" Veriost responded with a "Grararrrarrmmm!!!" Vigilon's only possible reply was, "Hard to understand you when your expression keeps changing like that. What's the matter, Veriost?" The only thing that happened in response was Veriost playfully gnawing on Vigilon's nose, with her eyes wide like when a dog is playing with a toy. "This is not the time to play or roughhouse! You may be a small dragon, but you're still a dragon!!!" "This is really embarrassing..." Vigilon managed to pull Veriost off his face, with some, no, great difficulty, and Veriost struggled for a bit before settling down on Vigilon's shoulder, and looking at him. "Graahnn...."

@Wardege @Domarus

Wardege mentioned how the dragon seemed to be a curious one.  Domarus' initial thoughts were to think of the risks of curiosity as well as the strengths and afterwards turned his direction to Domarus and mentioned how he hadn't found a way to repay his debt as of yet but he would seek to repay it in the end.  Domarus internally chuckled.  This player had no idea what plans Domarus had for him.  And there was nothing he could do that could repay the debts.  Domarus had no need of this player save for becoming a member of his organization.  Domarus had a decent amount of mitigation as well as thorns in addition to his damage.  Soon he'd take the essence of steel quest and give his gauntlets regeneration as well.  After he maximized his damage he'd work on his mitigation as well as battle healing.  He would be an invincible force.  What would be even better however is if he could get his hands on a unique skill.
     "Well normally I would insist that there's no need, but I've figured out by now that there's no convincing you.  I will say however that I do my best to cover all my corners so it might prove difficult."  Domarus listened as Vigilon informed Wardege that the dragon was male not female, and then the dragon started interacting with Vigilon in a rather childish way.  Rhozarth lost all interest in the familiar at this point, believing it to be weak, lazy and not worth attention.  Keres looked around the area for materials but wasn't seeing any thus far.  She was in servant mode currently, following and working for Domarus, and staying quiet while he spoke to the other players.  Domarus turned to Vigilon.
     "If I recall, I believe I heard you mention how you wished to start your own guild is that correct?  Might I ask if you have anything set in mind?"  Domarus wished to have info on all the guilds, so if he could get info on this possible guild before it even comes out, it would save him time.

ID#  84800  LD:  7  4 MAT total

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

"Hm, really? It appeared to be a female from how I saw it, but I guess it's just me. As for the difficulty of repaying my debt to you, Domarus, such problems and details haven't stopped me before, so I'm sure I can handle it." Wardege noticed another nearby tree, just outside the safe zone, and walked over to find another apple. "I think we should start the search now." He stashed the fruit into his inventory, and turned around to see Vigilon's frost dragon make a scene, and Domarus ask Vigilon about anything he had set in mind for a Guild. "Heh, I remember that conversation like it was yesterday. It seemed to have been a rather interesting debate..." Life with a familiar appeared to be quite interesting, but Wardege simply hoped that the companionship won't be nearly as crazy as Vigilon and Veriost. "The two seem to have a well-forged bond, but how did they meet?" Wardege looked at Vigilon as he was pulling the familiar off his face, and said, "I'm rather curious about how you two met. Care to tell me the story as we begin the search?"

ID# 84983 LD: 17+3=20(+1 Mat)

@Domarus @Vigilon

"Well, regarding your question, Domarus, I'm still working out those minor kinks in purpose and general belief. Besides, didn't we discuss that topic when we were shattering the boulder?" Vigilon didn't exactly know why he was being asked this question when the "Debate of Guilds" was pretty much over with. Maybe Domarus was curious? "The question isn't just anything to me, it's why. Heck, he didn't fully answer my question back at the giant stone..." Wardege seemed to be outside the safe zone, ready to search. when he got close he was asked about how he and Veriost met. the two looked at each other for a few seconds, and then came the responses. "rraaa..." "Um, maybe another time, probably not here. It was kind of awkward-ish whenever I compared that moment to now. I hope you understand..." It was then that Veriost noticed Rhozarth, and she began watching the larger dragon familiar from Vigilon's shoulder.

@Wardege @Domarus

Hearing Wardege mentioning how such issues didn't stop him in the past he chuckled.  It was a friendly kind of sound outwardly, but inside he already was beginning to make plans.  This player was a tank, but he needed absolute and total loyalty if Wardege was to become a general.  More than that actually, it was just the summary.  

"If you say so my friend."  He heard the player direct his next question to Vigilon, asking about how he and his familiar met in the first place.  Vigilon first answered Domarus by saying how he didn't have much.  Upon his comment Domarus shrugged.
     "Some people make decisions fast, you could have easily made some progress since last time.  I like to stay updated is all."  Vigilon told Wardege that he wasn't going to answer just yet.  Confirming Domarus' suspicion that the player was extremely over cautious.  The fact that he wouldn't allow a simple conversation to hit the surface like that.  Domarus didn't care much for conversation himself save for the purpose of gathering intel.  He told some of his stories to balance it out and draw out more info from the other player.  Due to cardinal removing alcohol from the game, he couldn't get info that way.  It seemed to him that Kayaba was making things more and more difficult for him.  However, that only meant that victory would be that much sweeter.

@Wardege

Wardege walked a few steps and found the apple tree, with one ripe apple in sight. He plucked it from the tree and stashed it into his inventory. Walking further from the safe zone, he muttered to himself, "While they prefer dragons, I'd probably go for something simpler. In fact, as long as I can befriend it, anything goes." He stopped to wait for the other two, who seemed to be engaged in conversation. Wardege also noticed that the conversation was about Guilds again, and that Vigilon tried to re-close the subject. Why was Vigilon so cautious, though? His life wasn't in danger every second. A single word couldn't possibly get him killed. Exactly why was he so hidden? "Could he have had a bad experience in the past as well, or is it just his personality?" Wardege pondered this before saying, "Vigilon, I hate to be rude, but may I ask as to why you seem so concealed?"

ID# 85757 LD: 12+3=15(+1 Mat)

@Vigilon @Domarus

As Vigilon walked outside the safe zone, and Veriost stared at Rhozarth, he scanned the area, finding nothing he could use. "There isn't really much to talk about when it comes to Guilds at this point. It's pretty much kicking a dead horse as well as arguing without yelling and being at each others' throats. Like there could possibly be anything else to know about my future Guild." Vigilon felt a little invaded, with all the questions Domarus seemed to be asking him here and there. Veriost flew off of Vigilon's shoulder, and began flying in circles, apparently still watching Rhozarth. "Now what's he doing this time? It's not like Veriost is trying to find something out, there isn't anything else to see at the moment. Then again, I've seen Domarus before, Veriost hasn't...Wait, is he looking at his dragon!?" Veriost landed in front of Rhozarth, and took a stance that Vigilon recognized. He realized what she was about to do. She was either planning to spar, or have a deadly chat with Domarus's Familiar, from what it looked like. Either way, Vigilon doubted it would end well. "Don't even think about it."  She let out her frost breath anyway. "Fo!!!"

ID# 85761 LD: 8(Failed)

@Domarus

Edited by Vigilon

Domarus didn't know if Wardege was attempting to keep his words hidden from the others or not, but Domarus' sharp ears caught his words.  The player was apparently fine with any form of familiar.  What was interesting was how most players believed familiars were their own category, when really they were simply tamed monsters.  Unless a player was lucky, the monster would more than likely struggle against being tamed.  Wardege then pressed on the matter, trying to get some form of info from Vigilon, who had mentioned they should probably drop the matter to which he shrugged.

"There is always more to learn my friend.  Whether you choose to discuss matters further or drop them once they seem unimportant is up to you."  Domarus watched as Vigilon's dragon shot a blast of frost at Rhozarth.  He knew this wasn't going to end well.  Rhozarth stood unwavering, and when the cloud cleared, his flames were intensified.  The heat was strong enough for all three players to feel and the dragon's eyes flashed with fury.  How dare this pathetic, puny creature fire it's weak power at him?!  Rhozarth would take flight, not as fast but far more superior in strength and intellect.  Rhozarth used his flames to propel himself forward, his four claws snatching Veriost and slamming him against a nearby rock, his claws sinking into the familiar.  He then let out a stream of intense flames that was clear would not be ending soon.  Domarus turned to Rhozarth.

"Rhozarth!  Enough!"  Rhozarth however did not.  Instead he increased the potency of his flames.  Did Domarus really have to say it here?  Now?

"Arketá!"  Rhozarth immediately shut his maw, the excess flames leaking out the corners of his mouth.  Rhozarth roared at Veriost to teach him his place before flying back to Domarus.  Domarus checked Veriost to see if there was any permanent damage before turning to Veriost.

"My apologies, Rhozarth is aggressive when provoked.  I haven't had any issues up till now."

@Wardege

Wardege shrugged upon Vigilon's response. He still kept himself hidden and concealed. Domarus replied with what seemed to be encouraging. Then Vigilon's frost dragon proceeded to, apparently, challenge Rhozarth, at which it had failed miserably. Soon, Wardege heard some rustling in the bushes. He took out a simple apple, and placed it an inch within the bush. there was a chomping noise, followed by a snort-like chuckle. Wardege backed up and a snarling boar jumped him. Not on top of him, but basically startled him. "Agh, it doesn't seem as though this boar here is one for pleasantries..." Wardege had to keep it from the wounded frost dragon, now knowing the beast was indeed hostile. "Vigilon, take your familiar to safety! I'll handle this!" Whether or not he could deal with this problem would have to be considered. The boar seemed fairly weak, but otherwise aggressive. Wardege could hold it off at the very least, but it was possible for Wardege to take it out, or at least it seemed that way.

ID# 85983 LD: 7+3=10(Failiure, a hostile mob has spawned)

@Vigilon

Enemy spawned:

Boar: HP 20/20, 6 DMG(If Wardege defeats it without help, it is lootable.)

Vigilon rushed over to Veriost, and picked her up, saying, "Veriost, WHY? Did you really have to do that? You could have gotten permanent wounds! Or worse, died! Do you realize any of this?!?!" Veriost growled weakly at Rhozarth, then looked at Vigilon as if to say, "That dragon's more powerful than I anticipated. Waaaayy more. How is a little one like myself going to prove a point like this?" With that expression, Vigilon was completely confused. "He was doing both? I don't get it...I'll have to do my research on dragons, I guess." However, before he could put his mind to that subject, he heard a snarl and turned around. "What are you doing trying to feed a boar, Wardege?!?" Wardege then called out for Vigilon to take Veriost to safety, since she was wounded. He helped Veriost into hiding within his light armor, then said, "You sure you can handle it on your own? I'm not gonna stop you, but I'll intervene if necessary!"

@Domarus

OOC: On a ridiculous note, "Rhozarth used Outrage! It's super effective!"

Domarus checked to see how the other two had reacted to Rhozarth's vicious outburst and it seemed that Vigilon was more concerned about the stupidity of his familiar than anything else, while Wardege didn't seem bothered whatsoever about the event.  Domarus was with Wardege.  He could care less about such things, but he did need to have a more firm control on his familiar.  One might say that the code word was enough but Domarus knew better.  True control meant he didn't need to have a code word.
     "I'm glad your dragon is ok Vigilon, and once again I'm sorry."  Suddenly, a boar had appeared from nowhere and it seemed that Wardege was attempting to tame it.  After the attempt had failed utterly, the monster charged forward, trying to attack Wardege.  The player leaped back and declared that he'd be taking on the boar and that he didn't need assistance from the others.  Vigilon questioned this, but Domarus shook his head.

"Go ahead and let him.  If the boar seems to be gaining an advantage over him then jump in and assist."  As he said this he opened his battle menu and switched his armor from the pathetic dragon bone armor, to his Hopebreaker set, as well as equipping his two handed black battle ax.  The designs on the blade pulsed a dark red glow as well.  The red visor was gazing at the two massive boar the size of Domarus hiding in the brush.
     "I'll handle the boar's parents."

Domarus:  640/640  ||  64/64

Mother Boar:  320/320  ||  96 dmg
Father Boar:  320/320 ||  96 dmg

Spoiler

5923a368d811e_Hopebreaker2.thumb.jpg.fdb8e368f1a1fa5e04ef28e1b610fd27.jpg

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

"I appreciate your concern, Vigilon, but for now, I'll see how far I can go." Wardege prepared himself to strike the boar, and perhaps avoid it's own attack. Wardege used snake bite, dealing some pretty good damage. Turns out the boar had a mean retaliation. It charged for Wardege, and he moved to the left, but that's what the boar expected. It rammed at Wardege, aiming for the head. That had to hurt, despite it didn't. Thank goodness for pain dampener. Wardege noticed that Domarus had noticed others hidden in the brush, and equipped something else that certainly could easily intimidate someone. Wardege remembered the day he met Domarus, the moment when the man had said, "Close, my goal is to become an undefeatable opponent..." Well, there was certainly no mistaking that now. "Whoa! Ah, ha, I honestly never saw that one coming..." Domarus's equipped gear could have easily made Wardege run for the hills, assuming he hadn't met him. If that couldn't intimidate enemies into submission, he didn't know what could.

ID# 86085 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

ID# 86086 MOB: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Snake Bite: 3*2x1=6

[2] Wardege: HP 32/40, EP 2/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 14/20

@Vigilon

@Domarus

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon watched Wardege make his move. A high speed attack, snake bite, was a pretty good choice for first blow. "Keep at it, I'm sure you'll take it down! Ah, wait, LOOK OUT! Ooo, that didn't go as expected..." Domarus mentioned that he would handle the boar's parents. "Figures, there's always more. I think you could easily- HOLY CRAP!!!" The sudden sight of Domarus, now equipped with intimidating black armor, really jumped Vigilon good. "Man, who is this guy really? Right now he seems neutral to me, but that armor really puts a different air in the place! Then again, I guess I was just startled..." He decided to look for anything he could use. Despite the fact that combat was raging by now, there was currently nothing he could do to help, so he might as well look for materials. He found a chunk of ore sticking out of the ground, and pulled it up.

ID# 86087 LD: 15(+1 Mat)

@Domarus

Edited by Vigilon