[PP-F1] Friends, Foes, and Companions<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Domarus, Vigilon, Wardege)[Complete]

Domarus listened as Wardege told their companion that he wished to see how far he could go without assistance.  This of course was a good trait, so long as he didn't practice it while on his lonesome.  There was a fine line between bravery and utter stupidity.  Domarus had seen so many walk that line and fall off the edge of the earth.  After that he was struck by a hyper critical hit, courtesy of the boar.  Vigilon reacted to this but while he wore his armor his expression could not be seen.  Not only this but whenever he spoke while wearing the helmet, his voice became deeper and had a metallic edge to it.  He heard their reactions but didn't stop.  He activated charge, shooting forward just as the two boar's did the same.  However they were not intelligent.  He released the sword art Explode Catapult on the two, cleaving through their skin with fierce strikes while Rhozarth erupted into flames and lashed out at their faces, causing them to roar in agony.  Domarus only had to use a weaker sword art after his initial strike to finish the job.  These monsters were so very pathetic after all.  Their only hope to beat him was with insane amount of damage which of course would never happen.

Spoiler

ID#  86088  BD:  8  MD:  5
Charge Activated:  +1 base dmg
Sword Art used:  Explode Catapult  -x2x7  -28 EN-
16x2x7=224 damage.  

Domarus:  640/640  ||  36/64

Mother Boar:  96/320  ||  96 dmg
Father Boar:  96/320 ||  96 dmg

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wardege would watch Domarus's fight rage on, but he also knew he had to evade the boar's attacks, as well as be able to strike it himself. He saw Domarus cleave through effortlessly, the flames from Rhozarth bringing the boars additional agony. Then Wardege realized too late that he wasn't paying enough attention, for he turned around just for the boar to hit him right in the face. He retaliated with Snake Bite, and sighed when he saw that his energy had been depleted. He couldn't keep going like this. Vigilon was right. He was going to need better gear before trying to fight. "It appears I was wrong, Vigilon! I don't think I can hold it off without better gear!" Wardege had to think of how he could hold the boar off until it was killed, without dying himself. "I need to find ways to evade the attacks without it guessing how I'll do it correctly..."

@Vigilon

ID# 86089 BD: 6(Hit)

ID# 86090 MOB: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Snake Bite: 2*2x1=4

[3] Wardege: HP 26/40, EP 0/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 10/20

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon watched as Domarus effortlessly cleaved through the enemies, and how Wardege was struggling, especially with the two hyper criticals in a row. Vigilon heard him call out saying that he was wrong and couldn't do it on his own without better gear. Vigilon drew his sword and rushed over to help. He used snake bite, but missed by an inch. "Dang it, I'll have to try attacking when I get even closer or something." Sure, it looked like Wardege might be able to sustain another hit, but Vigilon didn't want that to happen. "Just keep trying to avoid it till I can strike it down! I don't want this thing hitting you any further! I just need to be able to hit it with Snake Bite!" Vigilon would need to watch the boar's movement, so that he could actually hit it instead of wasting energy. He just needed to know which way it would go next...

ID# 86120 BD: 4(Miss)

Snake Bite-Failed!

Vigilon: HP 120/120, EP 11/14

[Stats Locked for thread]

Spoiler

120 HP, 14 Energy(Base Energy 12, +2 from Energist Rank 1)

DMG: 5(O.H.S.S. Rank 1[+1], White Blade[+2], Veriost[+1])

Equipment:

White Blade(2 DMG, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(1 Mit., 1 Eva., 1 Recovery)

[3] Wardege: HP 26/40, EP 0/4

Enemies:

Boar: HP 10/20

@Domarus

Edited by Vigilon

Domarus watches as the two huge boars charged forward, a desperate attempt to break through his huge ax and defenses.  Their huge tusks slammed into him but he was able to position himself so that their faces rammed into the large spikes on his armor, harming them back.  They pushed him back but he used his feet to slow the momentum down until it finally stopped.  His visor flashed.  

"My turn."  He groaned slightly as he began to push on them and then roared as he flipped the two boar back, rolling them into the trees, breaking the trunks.  He charged forward, grabbing his ax off the ground and flourished it through the air and cleaved through the two multiple times, ending his assault with Explode Catapult, dropping their health bars down to zero.  Soon enough the monsters shattered and Domarus watched the loot menu pop up.  He had received one thousand nine hundred and twenty col along with a bonus material, which Domarus very much needed for his shop.  He glanced over to see how the other two were doing and noted that they were halfway done.  Because Vigilon intervened, this monster would not be dropping any loot.  That was fine by Domarus of course.  It meant Wardege still needed aid which meant he could drag him further into his debt.

Spoiler

ID#  86088  BD:  8  MD:  5
Loot 1 ID#  86170  CD:  12  LD:  2  -  No loot
Loot 2 ID#  86171  CD:  12  LD:  8  -  1 MAT
Loot Total:  1,920 col, 1 MAT

Nothing Activated
Sword art used:  Explode Catapult  -x2x7  -28 EN-
15x2x7=210

Domarus:  598/640  ||  8/64

Mother Boar:  0/320  ||  96 dmg
Father Boar:  0/320 ||  96 dmg

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

Wardege was happy to know that Vigilon would come to save him. Despite that the player had missed, Wardege was ready to try and attack as well as(Hopefully) evade. He thrust his spear into the boar, but it still rammed into him, pretty hard, judging from the fact that it caused Wardege's HP to drop to the yellow. This wasn't good at all. The Boar had been pulling Critical hits like nobody's concern, and at this rate, if something didn't happen fast, Wardege might be done for. He couldn't keep up like this, but he had hope that Vigilon could finish it off before it had a chance to make the final blow. "I can't keep going like this, but nevertheless I will stay positive and have hope!" He would have to try deflecting the attacks instead of attempting to avoid them, from the looks of it. Ridiculous heavy armor. Just ridiculously absurd. Wardege knew that it was possible for those in heavy armor to avoid an attack, but it seemed impossible here. Must be one of the downsides to being a tank, another reason to reach for the skill battle healing.

ID# 86173 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 86174 MOB: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

[4] Wardege: HP 19/40, EP 0/4

Vigilon: HP 120/120, EP 11/14

Enemies:

Boar: HP 6/20

@Vigilon

Edited by Wardege

This was one of the many reasons Vigilon hated Boars. They always got super annoying or super lucky. This stupid pig was beating the crap out of Wardege, and it had to be stopped! He rushed from behind and attacked with snake bite, and afterward watched as the boar squealed and shattered. "No boar is going to kill my friends.", He said with a stern look on his face. His expression changed, and then he said, "Wardege, are you all right?" With the enemies gone, he let Veriost crawl out. She was still harmed, but she wasn't bleeding or anything. She could still help out if something was to happen, but Vigilon probably wouldn't let her because of those red marks that clearly meant damage. "It's alright bud, they're all gone." Vigilon hoped the search would be over soon, so that Veriost could regenerate without any further issues. He only had to hope that Wardege's next attempt would succeed.

ID# 86175 BD: 7(Hit)

Snake Bite-5*3x1=15

[4] Wardege: HP 19/40, EP 0/4

[1] Vigilon: HP 120/120, EP 8/14

Enemies:

Boar: HP 0/20

@Domarus

Edited by Vigilon
  • 3 weeks later...

The two players had finally managed to kill off the boar that attacked Wardege and it was rather pathetic to see the two struggling to defeat this boar.  It had no mitigation and even at their level they should have some ability to deal decent damage.  But without proper gear this fight was a bit deadly for them.  This was what happened when you didn't plan ahead, strategize, or cover your weak points.  It was something Domarus did on an hourly basis.  When the two had enough time to breathe he spoke to them.
     "It's a really bad idea to go fighting monsters without any proper gear.  I suggest you put that off until you've purchased some perfect items.  I don't mind facing monsters, or tanking once I get a taunt item.  For now though I would leave mob fighting alone."  He scanned the area, Rhozarth flying around as well, looking for any sort of material that might work out for them.  They were going to make the most of this day by collecting as many materials as possible.
     "Out of curiosity, have either of you two ever been in a fight outside of this game?  And have you dueled any players in the game yet?"  Domarus wasn't about to challenge them, but he had a feeling they had never fought another human being in their life.  And if they had, then they probably lost those fights.  Domarus however would be needing to find someone to spar with in order to test his skills and gear.  Hopefully he would be able to find someone capable of doing this.  Certainly not Aereth, no.  He needed someone with high mitigation at first.  Once he decided how he'd handle evasive players he would then fight Aereth.  Still, progress had been rather slow as of late.  Players vanishing and not training with him, or questing.  He hated to say so but he might need to go soloing quests again.  Those really were a big pain however and he really would like to avoid this.  Domarus watched as Rhozarth swooped down and caught something in it's claws, dropping a few metals into Domarus' hands.  He inserted them into his inventory.  Eight materials.  Enough for one day's craft.

ID#  86534  LD:  17  +4 MAT  Domarus:  8  @Wardege:  1  Vigilon:  

Edited by Domarus

Wardege was relieved when Vigilon finished off the lucky boar(Well, it wasn't so lucky anymore), and it wouldn't be bothering him anytime soon. Vigilon assessed Veriost's condition, while Domarus had a few words for them both, primarily the fact that he would need to be prepared before blindly rushing into a fight without thinking. "Well, I can certainly see that, concerning what had transpired just now. Hopefully, the next time I try to feed a monster, it won't jump me like that and attack..." He decided to look around before doing anything else. There didn't seem to be anything around. Then he heard the next thing Domarus said. "Combat in real life? Player vs. Player? *chuckle* Certainly not. Before this game, I myself was never a fighter, and at my current low level and horrible gear, I doubt I'd survive any duel at all..." Sure, he might survive against someone equal to him, assuming he had luck on his side or something.

@Vigilon @Domarus

ID# 86545 LD: 7+3=10(Failed)

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon listened to what Domarus had to say, which seemed directed mostly to Wardege, from what it was about. "Well, I'm not fully stocked on perfect gear yet, but I'll get there one day." Domarus continued, and Wardege responded, then Vigilon made his next response. "I had to run from my first fight, which was humiliating to say the least, so you could say that again. And Wardege, I'm hoping you succeed as well, 'cause I'd hate to end up in a repeated situation like this." Domarus continued, and asked if they had been in real life combat, or a duel here in Aincrad. "Well, I was practicing swordplay back in the real world, and I only had a chance to spar when my older sister needed someone to vent on. For the most part, we were equals. Well, that's how I wish it was, I'd win only a few, and even then, I'd be challenged to a rematch after my victory. But just because the weapons were made of wood, doesn't mean that they didn't hurt! I had a new collection of bruises weekly! As for duels in Aincrad, I haven't had any so far."

@Wardege @Domarus

• 2 weeks later...

From what he was hearing, Wardege had no experience and Vigilon had a very false experience, playing with nothing but toys in a game.  Neither had any understanding or experience as to what a fight was truly like.  He nodded slowly.  These two had a lot of work to get done, and much progress to be made.  To be quite frank, Domarus was quite disappointed in these two.  So pathetic at the moment.  He could only hope that they would grow to become a decent challenge for him.

"So neither of you have any real experience then.  Good to know.  Vigilon, while it's nice to hear that you had fun with your sister, that isn't actual combat.  A real fight is when something is at stake.  I for one have been in one or two of such battles myself.  Still, doing such a thing with your sister keeps you from starting at rock bottom.  At least you have some skill when it comes to combat.  If you two wish for real experience however.  When you get strong enough I would be happy to spar with you from time to time.  I wanted to test my gear and build out but the player I was fighting left before the fight had been finished."  It was true.  He had chosen to duel a tank to see how well his damage output would be.  They were both around the same level as well.  However she had ended and left the duel before they had reached the halfway point.  It was rather sad to be quite honest.  Then again, these two were a bit sad.  Once he had a firm grasp on Wardege however, he would train the player in no time.  The question was, what would the player be good for besides cleaning up messes?

@Wardege

Wardege listened, and mentally took note that Domarus hoped he could spar with him and Vigilon one day. He responded to Vigilon's earlier remark with, "I hope so as well, and I might as well make another attempt." He began walking northeast, hoping to see if he could find something at all. There wasn't. He sighed, and then asked, "Is it normal for low level players to have such terrible luck?" He had an item to help him, but it was still no good, and Wardege was already getting tired of this search, but if he wanted a familiar, he would have to keep going. But the real question was, if his current way of life would not work in this virtual world, what will? Perhaps when he got enough Col he would get something for himself, but until then he was going to stick it out in these unending situations.

@Vigilon @Domarus

ID# 87406 LD: 6+3=9(Failure, nothing in sight)

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon didn't exactly know what Domarus meant by something at stake. Every fight in Aincrad put your life on the line! Unless he meant something else, that is. Or, because of his powerful gear(and probably level), he considered these kinds of fights as child's play. "Well then, powerful, did you have any trouble during the beginning of this mess known as SAO? Have you encountered times of difficulty when you were a low level?" Vigilon was probably being a little rash trying to put the intimidating high level player in his shoes. Scratch that, he probably shouldn't have said that. Domarus mentioned sparring, and Vigilon thought for a minute. "Sure, sparring sounds fine, but won't we both be growing in level as time passes on? And I still can't guarantee myself that half loss duels are the safest ways to spar. Sure, there are first strike duels, but those practically aren't anything..." Wardege mentioned that he would give another go, but when he asked if it was normal for low level players to have terrible luck, Vigilon could only say, "Heh, that's what I've been asking myself for a while! I guess it happens to most of us!"

@Domarus @Wardege

Complaining could come in either direct, or indirect ways.  It appeared that Wardege was the type to complain in an indirect way.  Domarus was doing all he could not to roll his eyes, although with the Hopebreaker armor the player wouldn't be able to see it.  Domarus opened his menu and switched his armor from Hopebreaker back to his dragon bone armor.

"If you want to collect items faster, there are two skills:  Search and detect, as well as Gatherer.  Search and Detect increases the chances of finding materials, while gatherer increases the amount of materials you'll find.  If you want to increase the number of materials or the rate of finding them, you'll need to work to gather the experience."  Domarus then turned to Vigilon who began to ask a question, calling him powerful, possibly in a mocking manner.  These players.  He was beginning to see that they were more like children than newbie players.  Not only that but it seemed they had a hard time thinking for themselves.

"None really.  I found a player to fight with me so that I wouldn't die on my first few times.  We trained until I was strong enough to solo.  He's vanished of course, no idea where he's run off to.  And so long as you're able to continue rising your levels Vigilon, we'll be able to spar on occasion.  It may take me one hit to end the duel, but that's not really the issue.  Or we can do a two on one.  Both of you against me.  I'd certainly be fine with it."  Domarus scanned for any materials but discovered nothing.  He glanced at Wardege.

"You probably should have got yourself equipment and consumables to help you find your familiar."

ID#  87562  LD:  6

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

Wardege wasn't exactly willing to give up just yet. "I'll be honest here. I try to have a positive outlook on a situation, but it doesn't always end well nonetheless. For now, I'll have to make do with what I currently have." He practically had all day to search for a familiar at this rate, but whether he succeeded would kind of depend. He played the last few minutes in his head, where Vigilon seemed to mockingly place Domarus in his shoes, although that might not have been entirely true. Wardege was a little surprised to know that more than two players could actually be in a duel. He looked around him, hoping to find something as the conversation continued and time passed. There wasn't exactly anything to be found, but Wardege guessed that next time he'd find something. One day, he might be able to overcome this problem, but he would still need to prioritize defense and healing, if he wanted to be a tank and a healer.

ID# 87579 LD: 4+3=7(Failed)

@Vigilon @Domarus

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon heard Domarus's response to his question. "Ah, so it's possible to have multiple players take each other on via the duel system? I guess this can even allow for whole parties to challenge each other..." Domarus seemed to be speaking as if he wasn't dumb enough to solo early on. Well, that was believable, and one of Vigilon's first trips to the field didn't go as planned, so that just made Vigilon feel a bit stupid. He heard what Wardege said, and looked over to him. "That's the spirit....almost. The primary difference with materials and combat can be viewed like this: With materials, it's like chasing down a fast animal that is pretty clever. Combat, on the other hand, is more like trying to slay a beast that can potentially kill you, so not having much luck with mats is far better than missing a powerful shot on a monster or enemy." Vigilon scanned the area, but found nothing.

ID# 87630 LD: 8(Failed)

@Domarus

Edited by Vigilon

Domarus listens to Wardege, however he was beginning to notice a pattern.  Wardege, not the first time, had said something that made no sense as it contradicted itself.  He said that he tried to keep a positive outlook, but it never turned out well.  It turned full circle and it was this sort of foolery that annoyed Domarus.  Of course at the same time he had other perks that would prove useful to him.  His loyalty and possibly future skills and strengths would be useful to his endeavors.  In addition he felt that Wardege would make an excellent follower.  

"Doesn't that sentence contradict itself?  You choose to be positive, but it doesn't end well?  I choose to look at the world through a realistic and logical standpoint.  Not everything has a bright side.  If I was you, then running into that problem over and over again would increase my drive to remove the problem.  And Vigilon that is not at all an accurate description of material gathering.  There are a certain amount of materials in the floor, with multiple places to hide.  Some materials are easier to find while others are not.  When you search, there are numbers going on in the code of the game.  Think of it as rolling dice in dungeons and dragons.  That would be the most accurate description."  He said no comment on Vigilon's second half of that as there was no reason.  The player knew he was foolish to take on a monster by himself way before he was ready.  There was no reason to beat that dead horse.  Hopefully the player would learn and grow stronger.  He knew the player was creating a guild but perhaps, sometime in the future, if it didn't go as he planned, he could convince the player to let his own guild absorb his.  It would definitely serve Domarus and benefit Vigilon.  As he understood it, the Knights of the Blood Oath had done the same thing.  Which was rather interesting.  Domarus looked around but wasn't seeing any materials of any sort.  Keres also had no luck it seemed.

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

Wardege listened to the other players' opinions. Vigilon seemed to try making an explanation which seemed to be mostly encouragement and a bunch of words in his opinion, although it gave a minor view to an extent. Domarus gave a logical explanation that undoubtedly drove Vigilon's half explanation to the dirt, and also showed yet another thing for Wardege to think about. If almost nothing ended well easily, it wouldn't be easy to just simply get through this game as he smiled and did everything he could to help others when everyone he'd seen was over or equal to his level, or just not interested in his assistance. He was too weak at the moment, but he couldn't keep beating himself up, nor could he just ignore a perfectly logical explanation... "Well, I guess everyone has room to learn and improve, even here, in a world like this. Although I currently don't have much else to say, I only know that I won't get anywhere if I do nothing. I must press on."

@Vigilon @Domarus

Sure, compare this to ol' Dungeons and Dragons! Then again, it did seem accurate, when he thought of his experiences... "How could-..." His face began showing both annoyance and aggravation. "Why? Why is it always the most hateful methods that dictate our chances at survival? Heck, the only reason I hate such dice is because they always hate me first! Sure, this whole thing about dice and this wold is starting to make sense, but WHY!? Was it intended for us to deal with all this while monsters and maybe even Kayaba himself are laughing at our misfortune-....*sigh*, forgive me for ranting like that. It shouldn't be my place..." Then he began muttering to himself. "Man, how am I going to lead at all if I'm like this?" Veriost poked her head out of Vigilon's light armor, looking at him as if to say, "Beating yourself up won't help anyone, nor will it help your current situations..." Vigilon put his head in his hands as he sat down, feeling a bit self-humiliated.

@Domarus

Wardege seemed to have decided to silence himself for the time being.  What the reason for it was beyond Domarus.  The player's mind worked strangely.  Keres had already begun processing many different manners she could screw with Wardege and his emotions.  Doing lots of things for him that might disturb or bother him like give him a massage and deny a reward for it, or perhaps insisting a peck on her cheek.  That is, if Domarus allowed it of course.  And it seemed to her that Vigilon would be far too easy to mess with.  His emotions were already all over the place it seemed.  Still, even if he was easy, she could still have fun with him.  Domarus was about to reply when Vigilon started going into some sort of tantrum.  It seemed to Vigilon as if this was some sort of mischievous vendetta of Kayaba's, as if he were out to get Vigilon.  The idiot fool continued ranting on until he finally caught himself and calmed down, immediately taking a 360 degree turn and began to have a pity party, beating himself up.  Domarus stared at him for a moment before speaking.
     "Would you get the hell up already?  Kayaba didn't select this method to come after you, this is typical for MMO's.  There's always numbers behind the screen activating random numbers every millisecond.  What this game, as well as other games help you out with, is giving you skills and gear that increase the percent chance of success.  And if you plan on putting all of the faults you or your guild does then you need help.  Stand on your own two feet and move forward, learn from your mistakes."  Perhaps it seemed a bit harsh but it was true, and he really was getting tired of this oaf letting his emotions get the better of him, rather than thinking about everything like Domarus did.  He often wondered what it was like in the minds of others.  Carefree, not giving a *censored*, and completely empty headed.  It must be so boring he thought.  Rhozarth stared at Vigilon and his dragon, clearly way beyond unimpressed.  The dragon had made it clear long ago that he respected strength above all else, but Domarus had just given a glimpse of where his tolerance level was.  At least with Vigilon that is.

"The longer you choose to give into your rage or sadness, the more time you waste in this game.  It's not something where if you fall behind it's no big deal.  It's life or death.  You need to stay focused and not let your emotions control you.  You need to control your emotions."  The second part of Domarus' little lecture was more soft and gentle, like a father speaking to a son.  The first was to basically get him to shut up and get over it.

@Wardege

To Wardege, it seemed that either Vigilon had been holding a grudge of some sort against Kayaba, or he was just quick tempered. It could have easily been both. Vigilon then stopped ranting all of a sudden, only to ask for forgiveness over the outburst, then he sat down with his head in his hands after muttering to himself. He could have been beating himself up. Wardege usually tried to hide his emotions rather than let them loose or control them, since he didn't like emotional reactions, even though it would happen every now and then, as well as the fact that he tried to but gave up on controlling his emotions. Of course, the information about rates, numbers and equations, although Wardege was listening, went far over his head. He didn't spend much time on games for the most part. He scanned the area for a quick second. He noticed another apple, and walked over to grab it.

ID# 87914 LD: 16+3=19(+1 T1 Mat)

@Vigilon

Edited by Wardege