[PP-F1] Friends, Foes, and Companions<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Domarus, Vigilon, Wardege)[Complete]

Vigilon was about to drift off into his thoughts, pretty much at the worst possible time today, and he stopped his thoughts short when Domarus reproached him sharply. By now, Veriost had already hidden herself under Vigilon's coat. Vigilon knew that right now the best thing to do was shut up and listen. He recalled other times someone had reproached him over something, and a few times such a time happened, the moment Vigilon couldn't keep his mouth shut over what was on his mind, it usually didn't end well. He sighed, got up, and was about to walk over to Wardege, thinking about what other thing he could be talking about right now, but he stopped short, and stood there without a clue on how to peacefully continue the conversation, except for... "So... with that aside, is there anything we could discuss while you're still searching?" Dropping this subject of unbelievable rates seemed the best and only thing to do right now.

@Domarus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what he could tell, Vigilon had decided to drop and avoid the subject rather than admitting and moving on.  It was typical for Domarus to see.  So many people wanted to avoid the truth, deny the truth, or just switch topics as swiftly as they could.  It was a fundamental weakness in humans that were naturally weak.  He could tell this player wouldn't make it very far, unless something broke him and changed the boy.  At any case he requested that they change the subject, however he did notice that he asked Wardege in particular.  He would act as if he hadn't noticed this blatant action of his.  He turned to Wardege, changing his expression to a far more calm one.

"Yes indeed.  So what would you like to discuss Wardege?"  With that he left the conversation in the hands of Wardege.  Of the two players he definitely chose Wardege.  It would only be a matter of time before he convinced the player to join him and his guild.  Over time who knows?  He may manipulate the player into becoming a complete follower.  However he was uncertain at this current time how that would work out, nor if it would be worth it.  Domarus watched as Rhozarth flew by with more materials, dropping them in Domarus' hands.  He inserted them into his inventory as he had need of materials for his shop, once the time came.

ID#  87976  LD:  16  Domarus:  12 MAT
@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

Wardege noticed how Vigilon seemed to stay silent for a moment, then he walked over to Wardege, asking him if there was anything he could suggest they talk about while the search continued. He honestly had little clue as to what. "Erm, well... I honestly don't have any thoughts to even suggest as something to talk about..." Wardege sighed inwardly. He hated having nothing to offer. Even if it was a suggestion that might keep the conversation going. "Of course, Vigilon, are you willing to talk about any experiences you've had with any quests you've taken?" He scanned the area real quick, hoping to find something. He found an herb he could use in his cooking, and plucked it up from the ground. Wardege was curious about Vigilon's experiences, and perhaps Wardege might learn something from him, or just hear a tale filled with whatever. Wardege didn't know if he should ask Domarus anything, but if this search took longer than expected, he might need to.

@Vigilon

ID# 87977 LD: 14+3=17(+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Wardege

There wasn't much of an answer at all that came from Wardege. "Well, at least I tried to have a little help towards changing the subject, going away from one that wasn't going well at all. I'm not in the mood for any further problems, especially an argument with other players. I haven't had any yet, but I don't think that streak will last long if I don't keep quiet every now and then..." Then Wardege asked Vigilon if he could share his experiences in quests. "Well, there's not much to talk about there, either. But I still remember that time when Stryder and I took on the Wasp Queen. During the trip, I faced a bear and a few bugs. And then, *sigh* I ended up getting called both bear bait, and bug bait. That little name joke seems to be latching onto me more than I thought. Not exactly good for encouragement or even reputation..."

@Domarus

After it was made apparent that neither of them would acknowledge or speak to him from this moment forth, Domarus decided he should alter his focus on something that would prove useful for him.  He could continue looking for materials, but he also needed col for what he was planning.  And the best and most efficient way to get col was not by owning a shop and selling items.  It was by grinding mobs.  Domarus waited a moment, listening to Vigilon talk about how he was called boar and bug bait due to what had occurred.  Domarus chuckled through his helmet.

"I remember.  That one player called you boar bait when he approached to aid you with that quest did he not?"  Domarus pulled the huge ax off of his back and made his way towards the edge of the forest.  He nodded and Rhozarth charged into the brush and trees, his flames burning the leaves nearby, but not catching them on fire.  Domarus waited for his familiar to find him an opponent or two.  In the meantime he thought about the two players.  Wardege was a servant, through and through.  He would make a fine follower yet.  Vigilon seemed to fill most of his conversations and replies with complaints, whether it be about himself, or the system.  Either way he could only stand so much.  Soon he heard something approach and readied himself.  Domarus watched as two warriors broke through.  Each had thick leather armor on them along with a longsword each.  They appeared infuriated with the familiar that shot into the air after leading them here, revealing the huge black armored man with the giant battle ax.  Domarus charged at the two and released Explode Catapult on them, dealing and incredible amount of damage.  Of course the barbaric warriors weren't about to just sit around and receive loads of damage.  The warriors roared and lashed their blades through him, dealing ninety six damage each and receiving twenty four thorns damage in the process.

Spoiler

ID#  88149  BD:  10  MD:  7
Loot Total:  1,920 col, 1 MAT
Thorns Activated
Sword art used:  Explode Catapult  -x2x7  -28 EN-
15+2x2x7=238

Domarus:  448/640  ||  36/64

Barbaric Warrior1:  210/472  ||  96 dmg
Barbaric Warrior2:  210/472 ||  96 dmg

@Wardege

Edited by Domarus

So apparently Vigilon had been given that little name more than once, and it seemed to differ too. Wardege then saw two infuriated warriors come out of the forest. Looking at Vigilon, he said, "Perhaps we should move away from this fight, at least to the other side, a several meters from the scene." Ready to search again, Wardege looked around the area that wasn't being burned to a crisp. He moved some branches away, and then he thought he saw something. What he saw was confirmed when he turned around, looked back, and a wolf was staring right at him. Pulling out some meat for it, he calmly said, "Easy now, I'm not here to harm you..." The wolf slowly lowered it's head, sniffing the meat before digging into it. The wolf then began sniffing Wardege for a few seconds, then soon the two were walking beside each other. He would need to return the item he was given to Domarus, once the fight with the two barbarians was finished.

ID# 88150 LD: 11+3=14(Success, T1 Vanity Familiar found)

@Vigilon

Edited by Wardege

Vigilon almost inaudibly sighed. Just like when this search began, Domarus knew of that, and now he knows that Vigilon was also called "Bear Bait" and "Bug Bait"... "Seriously, this can't be all that's coming for me, but... I'll just have to deal with it. It's not like the world is after me, just merely a few mobs here and there... As long as I keep getting stronger, certain mobs won't be much of a problem..." Then two barbarians came out of nowhere(Technically the forest), apparently aggravated by Domarus's Familiar. Wardege suggested that they step away while Domarus deals with them. "With those kinds of mobs, and our current levels, fleeing doesn't even seem cowardly..." Vigilon and Wardege stopped a few meters away, and then Wardege had a close encounter with a wolf that was hiding in the underbrush, but he did manage to tame it. "Nice going, Wardege, I knew you'd do it sooner or later." Vigilon said with a smile. Now he just had to wait.

@Domarus

Domarus heard sounds behind him and knew that the player had found a monster and managed to tame it.  Domarus could have waited it out as long as he needed to, but at least this meant he could move on to other things.  The monsters released another heavy blow on him, dealing slightly more damage to him than last time.  The fact that they did not receive damage themselves confirmed it to Domarus that they had landed a critical hit on him.  For normal monsters, this only meant that they would not receive thorns damage.  However his attack, explode catapult, was more than enough to finish them off.  He released the sword art and wiped them from existence.  The warriors howled in pain as they shattered into billions of crystalized pieces that floated away into the air.  Domarus watched as the loot menu popped up, showing that he had successfully gathered seven materials as a bonus to killing the monsters.  That meant nineteen materials in total for today.  Fighting these monsters was rather easy, but he was not at all happy with the amount of energy he was consuming on a daily basis when he fought these battles.  Still, the damage outcome was good enough.  Eventually he'd get energist and meditation.  Though he wished meditation was far better than it actually was.

He turned and saw the familiar.  Wolf.  How original.  Not only that but he also noticed that the monster had no enhancements, meaning that it would provide absolutely no benefits to Wardege.  He stood there for a moment before removing his armor, wearing his usual upbeat and pleasant smile.  

"Well then.  I guess it's time to head home then eh?"

Spoiler

ID#  88176  BD:  7  MD:  9
Loot Total:  4,752 col, 19 MAT
Thorns Activated
Sword art used:  Explode Catapult  -x2x7  -28 EN-
15+2x2x7=238

Domarus:  362/640  ||  8/64

Barbaric Warrior1:  0/472  ||  96 dmg
Barbaric Warrior2:  0/472 ||  96 dmg

ID#  88177  CD:  9  LD:  19  1,416 col, 4 MAT
ID#  88178  CD:  10  LD:  14  1,416 col, 2 MAT