[PP-F9] <<Bandit Camp>> (Stryder) COMPLETE!

"So, will you accept the quest or not? I don't have all the time in the world!" 

Kasier shook her head. She had zoned out for no apparent reason and it seemed that she had stayed that way for a while. Apparently, it was enough time wasted to frustrate the NPC player. Kasier sighed, recalling what had happened. Early in the morning, she had come on this floor to experience what it was like on this floor since she had rarely ever been on this floor. If she recalled correctly, she as never laid a foot on this floor. The last thing that she expected was for an NPC warrior-type character to come talk to her and hand her a quest as she was walking around lazily. At first, she wanted to refuse the quest but then she realized that she might miss out on some skill points that she so dearly needs at the moment. Kasier sighed, beginning to carry on with the conversation, 

"Can you restate the quest again?" Kasier asked and just as she expected, the warrior NPC turned quite angry but it wasn't as if he could actually do anything to her in this safe zone area. "I won't know how to do it if you don't explain it correctly, so you better hurry up,"  Kasier said sassily, and finally, the NPC gave in.

"Alright then, listen up. I will not explain it again. Basically, some bandits have decided to camp out in the good grinding areas and a lot of players are complaining about them because they would chase everyone who got close to them."

"Bandits? Sounds tough. I wonder if anyone can deal damage around here." She responded, looking around, "Maybe then I'll be able to take this quest." Kasier exclaimed.

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier

Sky had never been on the ninth floor, ever. It felt a little to high for him, like he was currently in the front lines, though they were another ten floors ahead of him, and countless levels ahead of him. He sighed, wishing he was able to help out there.... One day, but not today. 

"Bandits? Sounds tough. I wonder if anyone can deal damage around here" 

Sky's ears snapped, someone needed a damage dealer? He doubted he would be useful, he could only deal about sixty six on a max hit.... But that might be enough. He shrugged, heading over.

"Umm excuse me, what was this about bandits?" He asked, noticing a girl he had recognized from when he had gone hunting, and some weird NPC warrior. He couldn't help but feel like these two had been fighting.

"I'm a damage dealer, though i'm only level twelve and can't take a real hit...." He said to her, hoping she was a tank who could take the hits while he dealt them. He was a little upset about how low his damage was.... But it was better then nothing,

Kasier turned at the sound of someone's voice. Looks like she would not have to search for a player to help her out with damage but instead, a player had found her. When she turned, though, she recognized the black-haired player from before when she was staying on the first floor. Judging from the fact that he had been fighting mobs on the first floor, he was not very strong. Especially since the boar that she last saw him fight seemed quite weak. And the man's words only confirmed her suspicions because he said he was only level twelve and incapable of dealing any real damage. It was surprising to her that he was even on the ninth floor as this floor seemed way too tough for a level twelve player to be in. Still, she did not need a high-leveled player.

"Alright, warrior. I will accept this quest." Kasier said plainly, her emotionless face - some may consider it a poker face, came back onto display, "I better receive a good reward for this." 

Kasier turned back to the other player, "You could have one health point for all I care. As long as I'm there, the bandits won't get close to you." Kasier sighed, "You up to kill some bandits?"

@Stryder

For all he cared? for some reason that kind of hurt, made it feel like this wasn't a really trust worthy person, but he couldn't help but feel maybe there was a different motive... Maybe she as a tank? Maybe she was a heavy damage dealer... He had no idea, though he simply smiled back and nodded.

"Got a bit more then one, lets go kill some bandits" He said, pumping his fists together, his gloves flashing in light upon impact. He loved these things... They helped him stay alive so well, and now, they would help him SMASH these bandits, at least, he hoped. He simply extended a hand, hoping this person was a little talkative.

"Name's Stryder, pleased to hunt with cha" He said to her, giving a smile to her. He hoped she was friendly... He was about to work with her to kill bandits, and from the sound of it they would murder him, but... Well, was he going to be safe?

Friendly? Kasier is only friendly with the people that she commonly interacts with. Even then, she is quite serious most of the time. Her words are often not wasted and whatever she says turns out to be quite precious and precise. Speaking is a consumption of energy, anyway. There's only one person that she liked talking to and that person is not present at the moment. "Like I said, your health does not matter so I could care less whether you have one point of health or one thousand points of health. What I need is for you to have more damage," Kasier said. She wanted to get something to eat first and then go for the bandit killing but she didn't want this quest to take too long so if the man's damage output is inadequate, she'll simply skip the food and get straight to the bandit killing. "How much damage can you deal?" She asked straight-up immediately after the man introduced himself as Stryder. In all fairness, he kind of reminded her of Itzal. He is open, energetic, and straightforward - all of the traits that she liked in Itzal. But Itzal is Itzal and he is he. What truly defines a character is what he or she's like when no one is looking. 

"Nice to meet you, Stryder,"  Kasier replied simply. It had become a custom her not to reveal her username the first time that she meets someone because a one-time meet up is not worth her revealing her name. It only increases the danger that she might have to face in the future. Usually, it is the second time that she meets someone that she gives them her name. Sure, she had seen him before but the two players never truly interacted and hence, this was basically the first time that the two players talked to each other in any way. If she saw good character in him, perhaps she'll recruit him to the guild... Although she had no idea what is going on in the guild at this point. Kasier sighed, rubbing her head and fixing her hair.

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier

When she said his health didn't matter, he instantly backed down, not being as outgoing. He was a little worried, she said as long as she was there nothing would happen, but she was saying his health didn't matter, and in a game where when your HP hit zero, you died, that was the equivalent of saying your life doesn't matter. When she asked about his damage, he gulped mentally, hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment.

"With my best sword art, i do an AoE of about Sixty Six, but if i manage to crit i can deal up to about Seventy Eight, thats without potions or foods" He said to her, hoping it was a satisfactory answer. He could kill most of the enemies he fought in one or two hits, but by the fact she was here, and from what he could tell, and from the last time he had seen her, was that she was a high level player, made him wonder if that was anything at all!!! These guys must be strong.... He did smile when she said it was nice to meet him though, but was confused as to why she didn't introduce herself... He let it go.

Kasier shrugged, "I'm not sure if that will be enough but I guess that's the best we can do. I'm not sure how strong these bandits will be exactly." Kasier said. It wasn't as if she had completed this quest before. In fact, she was only completing this quest in order to obtain the skill points so she can max out her block skill which she had been working on for a while now. "Double digit damage. It's been a while since I have last fought with a player who deals double digits. Usually, it's three but you aren't that far away, I suppose." Kasier was not high-leveled. She was far from the players who fight on the front lines constantly and even now, she is working extremely hard to reach the front lines and that was why she had been grinding through so many quests with rapid pace lately. Kasier sighed, "Let's go find the camp and figure out what's within it so we can get a good look at what we are dealing with." She "suggested" although it wasn't exactly a suggestion. It was simply what was the most logical action to take at that moment.

Soon, Kasier found herself behind a giant boulder that hid her from the camp of bandits. The rock blocked the view and hence, she remained undetected as she was still far away from the camp. From observing for an hour, she noticed that there should be about four bandits within the camp, ready to attack any intruders. Four seemed like a small number so perhaps, even more, have still yet to show them. Nevertheless, we must proceed with caution. "Alright, I'm assuming that you don't have stealth so we are going to have to strike them all down at once. Let's wait until night so we can have an element of surprise." She said, knowing that darkness was the best time to strike. Plus, the sun was setting in the horizon already so they might as well rest up from walking there.

@Stryder

Spoiler

ID# 84543 results:

Loot: 15 + 1 Mat

(Im level thirteen now, gained a level, and if we are using fluid time would mean i have it, if not let me know)

His heart dropped slightly at it might not be enough. He knew he could two shot nearly ANY enemy he had fought, but that sounded like he wasn't going to be able to actually kill these things. If she was a tank, and he was a damage that couldn't deal damage, how were they going to do this? The comment about double digits hurt, but he knew it was true, and he was going to strive to make it to triple digit damage. He simply nodded when she suggested to go find the camp, having his pride a little hurt he stayed quiet and out of the way, mostly. He looked around on the walk, finding a bit of leather which he put in his inventory.

"Sorry, i don't have stealth... Would you happen to have any energy potions on you? I have a feeling to hit them all at once for around sixty damage its going to cost me all the energy i have..... Sucks being a low level" He said, sighing as he looked over at the four of them. The most he had hit at once was two, he had never gone past that and THAT had drained half his energy. They were undetected back here.... But it wasn't going to be easy to do even if they stayed that way.

@Kasier

Edited by Stryder

ID: 84944
MD: 9
<<Howl>> Activated

"Honestly, I didn't even know that energy potions existed as I have never actually used them in my life. Unfortunately, I don't have any on me so I guess we're just going to have to go without it. As long as I am tanking, the bandits should not be able to deal any damage to either one of us so we don't to worry about that. If it takes longer than we want it to take, so be it. I did not plan for this to take that long but I suppose that that is what we will have to do." Kasier exclaimed, pushing her back against the boulder that she was sitting and hiding behind, "And don't worry. Everyone starts off low-leveled, but no one is truly satisfied even when they are high leveled. This is why the higher leveled players are all filled with hatred and tension against each other. It's pathetic sometimes." Kasier remembered the last boss raid meeting that she participated in. The meeting had gone well, but the obvious tense aura was more obvious than a thief stealing a ring from a museum in broad daylight. Corruption and competition. This game is no longer a game for survival... But a game for pride. Kasier thought.

And so, she would wait for the rest of the day to end and before she knew it, night time had hit. Kasier looked over at Stryder and pointed at the camp, signaling that they will begin the process immediately. "Oh, hold on. Before we leave, take this."  She said, opening up her inventory and clicking through the mess before pulling out a <<Matriarch's Stinger>>. "This will boost your damage by one. I really don't have a use for it but feel free to use it if you need." She said, "And don't use your most powerful sword art on the first turn. I have a mod that can boost your damage by a little. It's not that much but anything counts, I suppose." She finished, standing up as she knew that the coast was clear. "Follow me."

As soon as the blonde woman reached the end of the camp, she activated her <<Howl>> skill, meaning she would attract the enemies. When she did so, she did not expect the bandits to come out rushing immediately. They were aware of our presence. She thought. Indeed, their attempt of hiding and using surprise had failed. Instead, it was two players that had fallen into a trap. Kasier braced herself, her left foot placed carefully in front of her right foot as she brought up her shield in front of her. Time to see how much damage they deal. She thought, feeling the blades that the bandits wielded impact her shield. The impact was not very heavy, indicating that she had absorbed most of the damage, and when she saw that the attacks had barely done anything, she was pleased to know that she could basically heal all the damage she had received. In addition, the bandits were now paralyzed. 

@Stryder

HP List
Kasier: 712/720 | E: 72/72 [Regen: 3/3] (91 damage - 89 mitigation = 2 damage * 4 = 8 damage)
Stryder:  ?/? | E: ?/?

Bandit 1: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]
Bandit 2: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]
Bandit 3: 100/100 | D: 90 [Parlaysis: 1/1]
Bandit 4: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]

Edited by Kasier

Sky took the item, smiling as he decided to use it. Extra damage was extra damage, and would boost him up a little bit to deal that tiny bit more damage!!! He doubted it was fully needed, but.... He wanted to use it. He activated the item, it melding with his gloves, and he could feel his already enhanced strength growing more!!! He was ready. He nodded, listening to her about not using his sword art on this turn, though he knew that since he had used that, it was goign to take a minute before his sword arts were avaliable!!! He rushed in with her, staying a good meter back, making sure he wasn't getting in the way of the tank. He dashed around the side, crouching down and being ready to strike. He noticed they were all paralyzed. 

"I'l strike once you buff me!" He says, grinning as he was ready to deal some REAL damage!!

HP List
Kasier: 712/720 | E: 72/72 [Regen: 3/3]
Stryder:  280/280 | 28/28 | 18MIT | 3ACC | 1EVA +1DMG

Bandit 1: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]
Bandit 2: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]
Bandit 3: 100/100 | D: 90 [Parlaysis: 1/1]
Bandit 4: 100/100 | D: 90 [Paralysis: 1/1]

The time has finally come for her to use the mod that she had invested in as a support. She had yet to use this and it would definitely be interesting to test it out. This new mod, "Sharpness" was used to boost the damage output of a player in her party. Strolling through her menu, she checked how to use it and soon enough, her hands glowed with a light that was similar to the color of her eyes. When she looked up, she saw that Stryder's blade had turned the same color as her hands. This was new... It almost seemed like magic, the fact that she can use this skill, point at a player or his weapon and watch as the damage is boosted. The amount of damage that is increased also depends on the player. The higher they are in the tier, the higher the boost is. For a tier one player like Stryder, the amount of damage that is boosted is only one, which is really not that much to be fair. But if Kasier uses this mod on a higher leveled player, he will gain a lot more damage through her use of this skill. Plus, I don't even have to waste that much energy doing this. She thought, watching her energy bar go down just a little. It was a shame that the game updated so that healing and support skills required energy but she supposed that it would be most balanced that way.

"I hope you strike them. There is a -1 BD debuff during the night. But you have been boosted so the time is now for you to strike the opponents." Kasier claimed, her eyes fixed on the enemies as they recovered from the paralysis.

HP List
[3]Kasier: 720/720 (+8) | E: 64/72 (-8) | [Regen: 2/3] [Sharpness CD: 3/3]
[0]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 28/28 | [+1 Damage: 2/2]

Bandit 1: 100/100 | D: 90 
Bandit 2: 100/100 | D: 90
Bandit 3: 100/100 | D: 90
Bandit 4: 100/100 | D: 90

Spoiler

[3]Kasier: 720/720 (+8) | E: 64/72 (-8) | [Regen: 2/3] [Sharpness CD: 3/3]

[1]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 4/28 | [+1 Damage: 2/2] {Concentration CD 5/5}

Spoiler

ID# 85168 results:

Battle: 2+3(ACC)+1(Concentration)-6-Hit

Tornado Kick 11+1(Sharp)+1(Stinger)*6x1 - 78

Bandit 1: 22/100 | D: 90 
Bandit 2: 22/100 | D: 90
Bandit 3: 22/100 | D: 90
Bandit 4: 22/100 | D: 90

Sky couldn't help but be amazed as he saw his gloves flash up, his damage being boosted!!! He was amazed that it was now a thing to boost somoenes damage, but it made tanks a lot more useful! He grinned, dashing in, as he went in using his 'Concentration' skill to hone in right on his target, his eyes flaming with glee as he dashed in, getting right up close to them and jumping up, he kicking off his right foot before using his Tornado Kick, delivering a powerful kick that sent them flying back. He was a little disappointed with the damage, he did that much with a critical, but... He couldn't argue as all of them dropped low as hell on health. He could finish them off with one more hit.... If he had the energy two, which he sadly didn't.

"Can't do that again!"

@Kasier

Edited by Stryder

ID: 85193
CD: 12
MD: 6

Kasier noticed that Stryder managed to hit his targets perfectly, meaning that it must not be dark enough to inflict any vision loss to anyone, which was good, of course. She concluded that perhaps the reason that the bandits had seen them coming into the camp was that it was yet to be dark enough. Maybe that was a good thing as if it was too dark, who knew whether Stryder would have made contact with the bandits. Either way, it didn't matter. Now, the bandits were down to quite the low health and a few more hits on each of them should be enough to defeat all of them. Kasier sighed, "Just take them down one by one with whatever you got. There's no way these bandits can deal that much health to me anyway without me regenerating health immediately after they deal the damage." Kasier exclaimed, "I am immune to their attacks. To be fair, it's been a while since I have fought with something that can take damage in the first place." She realized, bracing for the next attack with the use of howl. Once more, she had gained hate and for certain, the bandits would attack her instead of Stryder.

And just as she predicted, the four bandits came charging in at once. Kasier, being brought down by heavy armor did not have a chance of dodging the attack. Nor did she want to. She held up her shield and hid behind it, preparing herself for the attack that would definitely land. The result was an extremely reduced amount of damage - damage that was reduced almost to nothing.

@Stryder

HP List
[6]Kasier: 
716/720 (-4) | E: 69/72 (+5) | [Regen: 3/3] [Sharpness CD: 2/3]
[1]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 28/28 | [+1 Damage: 1/2]

Bandit 1: 22/100 | D: 90 
Bandit 2: 22/100 | D: 90

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

[6]Kasier: 716/720 (-4) | E: 69/72 (+5) | [Regen: 3/3] [Sharpness CD: 2/3]
[1]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 5/28 | [+1 Damage: 1/2]

Spoiler

ID# 85349 results:

Battle: 4+3-7-Hit

Aggressive Twins(2 Targets,4ENG) 11+1+1*2x1=26

Bandit 1: /100 | D: 90 
Bandit 2: /100 | D: 90

Sky watched as Kaiser once again took the hit, not even bugging. She was right, she was immune to the bandits. The damage they did was next to nothing compared to her health. Sadly, he wasn't that strong yet...... But one day he would be, he would make it to that level himself, and he was going to make it, no matter how hard. He quickly dashed in, using his Aggressive twins sword art to deliver a few quick left and right jabs into two different bandits, killing them both as they exploded into thousands, if not millions of different shards. The fight was almost over, two of the four bandits being killed now...

"Sorry, out of energy, its going to take two attacks each for me to kill each one" He said, sighing a little. He was pretty weak, if he was a three digit dealer these guys would have been dead round one...

@Kasier

Edited by Stryder

ID: 85457
CD: 12
MD: 3

Kasier watched as two of the bandits disappeared into thin air following one of Stryder's attack. It seemed to have been another AoE as he was able to take out another two bandits but she didn't know why the attack had failed to make contact with the other two. Suppose it didn't matter. Now, she was simply waiting for the battle to be finished. She regenerated health as soon as the bandits hit her and bandits simply didn't do enough damage to even make a dent on her. It was becoming quite boring actually but that is what you would have to do a lot of quests in this game. Repetition and grinding are, after all, the key to success in games such as Swords Art Online where stats and skills are improved based on the amount of effort a player puts into it. 

Kasier watched the remaining to bandits charge up only for them to miss tragically without her even having to move her feet. It was pathetic and the bandits were getting extremely frustrated and desperate at the minimal amount of damage they were dealing with her. "Don't worry about it. We have all day." Kasier exclaimed. 

@Stryder

HP LIST
[6]Kasier: 
720/720 (+20) | E: 72/72 (+5) | [Regen: 2/3] [Sharpness CD: 1/3]
[2]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 5/28

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

ID# 85633 results:

Battle: 5+3-8

Flash Blow 11*1x1 - 11

[6]Kasier: 720/720 (+20) | E: 72/72 (+5) | [Regen: 2/3] [Sharpness CD: 1/3]
[2]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 0/28

Bandit 3: 11/100 | D: 90

Sky watched as once again she managed to tank them, taking absolutely no noticable damage. He was dam proud, he was fighting alongside his first real tank, and she could do her job well!!! He could do his just as well.... At some point, just not yet. He dashed in, only able to work up a basic Flash punch at the moment. He wished he had more energy!!! but... there wasn't much he could do without it. He dashed in, using his Flash punch to throw a lighting fast punch into a bandit, smashing him down half his remaining health. He couldn't do an AoE, his stats being to low right now.

"Well, its good that times not an issue, because at this rate might take another fifteen minutes" He said, his attempt at sad humor. He had nevrer been that funny, but he had always tried, and in his mind that meant just as much as if he was as good as the best comedians

(Sorry this took awhile)

@Kasier

Edited by Stryder

ID: 85880
CD: 7
MD: 6

Kasier thought that Stryder's statement was a serious one. Indeed, it was going to be a long time but fifteen minutes was an over exaggeration. The two bandits were too low on health for them to take that long. A few more strokes of the blade would be enough to take them out and no matter how you looked at it, it would not take fifteen minutes for this battle to finish. They were soon to finish - sooner than Stryder thought. An obvious lack of experience on the battlefield. Kasier determined, raising up her shield and anticipating yet another attack by the two desperate bandits. Kasier smirked, pathetic, she thought, watching as the health points by only the tip of the health bar. The battle was already over - defense is the best offense and Kasier had won. She had built a wall that was unbreakable, sheltering the damage dealing player so that he cannot be injured at any point. With her there, despite the fact that the low-leveled player was far under leveled for this quest, he was still able to slowly finish off the bandits. The importance of a tank... A clear example, if you ask me.  Kasier thought, proud that she had chosen this subclass.

@Stryder

HP List
[6]Kasier: 716/720 (-4) | E: 72/72 | [Regen: 3/3]
[2]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 0/28

Bandit 3: 11/100 | D: 90

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

ID# 85886 results:

Battle: 4+3-7-Hit

Flash Punch 11*1x1-11

[6]Kasier: 716/720 (-4) | E: 72/72 | [Regen: 3/3]
[3]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 0/28

Bandit 3: 0/100 | D: 90

Once again the bandits failed to mount an successful offensive. He had a high lack of being in the field with a tank like this, he rarely actually fought more then one or two enemies at a time, so he was normally done by now, his Tornado Kick killing them in two hits, though he didn't have the luxury of doing that right now. He could only deal about eleven damage a hit, which was really low.... He sighed, before dashing in, using his flash punch to throw a lighting fast punch into the bandits face, it exploding into a million little shards. He wished he had a tank by his side more often, they were a real lifesaver. He could tell that if these guys hit him, he was going to be in for a hellish day, but he had a tank with him. He wondered if this was how the frontlines worked, it seemed like tanks were really useful, making him wonder if he should have became one.... But he didn't regret his choice to be a combat main.

Edited by Stryder
  • 4 weeks later...

[Sorry for the wait, I needed to take a break.]

ID: 86522
MD: 8
CD: 1

"Keep at it. It shouldn't be that long until you finish it off. About two more attacks, I would think."  Kasier exclaimed, keeping her shield raised at eye level so she can prepare for any attacks that might come at her in any directions. There was one more bandit left so she didn't have to worry about behind, but that turned out to be a mistake as soon as she let off her guard. As soon as she misdirected her eyes, the bandit charged and when he got close, Kasier got into her defensive stance. However, instead of attacking her directly, the bandit jumped over her shield and attacked her from behind, far from what she anticipated, she immediately turned but that was too late as the bandit had already dealt the damage to her. Kasier jumped back a few steps and looked over at Stryder. It was a good opportunity for him to attack, especially since the bandit had his back turned to him. Not only that, Kasier also used her sharpness mod so that Stryder can have the additional damage boost for the rest of the battle.

HP List
[6]Kasier: 719/720 (+20) (-1) | E: 64/72 (-8) | [Regen: 3/3] [Sharpness CD: 3/3]
[3]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 0/28 | [Damage +1: 2/2]

@Stryder

Edited by Kasier

(All good, i took a month break so don't worry)

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
86708  3+3 8 11 1 Stryder Msg_hover2.png

Rolling to hit 1 bandit (Flash Punch)

[6]Kasier: 719/720 (+20) (-1) | E: 64/72 (-8) | [Regen: 3/3] [Sharpness CD: 3/3]
[3]Stryder:  280/280 | E: 0/28 | [Damage +1: 1/2] Flash Punch

Bandit 4: 10/100 | D: 90

Sky nodded, ready to go for a final attack, well, second final attack. He knew he couldn't deal enough damage with his first punch to kill the bandit, but his next hit should be able to. He grinned, dashing in after watching his tank once again get hit. He was getting sick of this, he noticed her health barely moving from an impact which could quite possibly wipe him, making him wonder if she was on the frontlines, but he had no idea. He quickly went in, closing the disntance to the bandit and delivering a powerpunch flash punch into it, his movement and strength a bit more then expected as he hit it hard, doign a little extra damage thanks to the tank's skill. It didn't help that much, as he suspected two more normal hits would have done the same as this anyway. 

"Almost done..."

Edited by Stryder